Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 7 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 7 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Maxecat Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing cat
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:36 am

Good evening everyone,

Sorry I didn't make it here again last night but the same thing happened again.  I fell asleep earlier and woke around fivish, turned everything off and went back to sleep.

So glad that the kitty was found.  Colin will have to go through the house and make sure all of those access places are closed off so it won't happen again.  Sounds like you had a great  time on your mini trip Maxecat. Give Miss Maddie a hug from me.

That was a very logical assessment Karentia.  I had forgotten that the time period was from the early twenties, that does make a difference in how people speak, especially if it takes place in New York.  Wow! I had no idea that this was just the beginning of a whole series of movies  Too bad that those horses didn't work out for Morgan, and for you.  I was envisioning the two of you taking long rides together down some unexplored trail. Oh well, maybe sometime in the near future it will manifest for her.  Oh, your owl arrived, thanks.

Always, if that is a picture of a niffler, it's just how I imagined it would look, and that must be a bowtrunkle on his hand, I expected it them to look more brown and wood like.

Still working on the 'wabbit', but I do have some good news to share with all of you.  I don't remember if I told you all that Lois' eldest son Nate was going to take his whole family, three kids from previous marriage, three kids from his now wife's previous marriage, and the son from their marriage together, to Universal and Harry Potter in FL, leaving little Anisa, who was born on my B-day not quite two years ago, with Lois while they are gone.  The good thing is that because Lois does have trouble with the midrocondria, she does need some help in caring for her, so Nate paid for Rebekah's air fair both ways to come home during Thanksgiving break to help Lois. She will only miss three classes but will be able to make those lessons up once she gets back to school. So Rebekah called today to let me know that she was here and will be here to see me on Fri. or Sat., with a turkey leg, because she has to fly back on Sun.   I told her that I would cancel my luncheon appointment with the Ambassador from Zimbabwe, just so I could be home when she gets here. That is always a standing joke between Lois and me,  The country is always different but it usually a dignitary or famous person from some other country that I have to cancel with.

Hog's Head - Page 7 Kids10

Hog's Head - Page 7 Man_310

Hog's Head - Page 7 Scene_18

Hog's Head - Page 7 Woman_18

Hog's Head - Page 7 Card_810

Hog's Head - Page 7 Center22

Hog's Head - Page 7 Center23

Hog's Head - Page 7 Cake-f13

Hog's Head - Page 7 Cupcak18

Hog's Head - Page 7 Cupcak19

How about some hot steamy punch to go with the cuppy cakes.

Hog's Head - Page 7 Hot_mu10

Smells delicious!

Blessings for a restful cozy night!  Hecate3fold!

Last edited by Hecate3fold on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:19 am

A hot drink would be nice - left the heat off, and it is cooling down outside. Might leave the heat on when I leave tomorrow.

Hecate that is fabulous news! A visit with Rebekah, and Lois gets a granddaughter visit! Sweet! The family will love the park, so much fun! And I was going to ask if you were looking forward to new turkey legs! Enjoy!

Yay! Kitty found is good! Closing access? Good luck to Colin!

I am making the major parts of a turkey dinner, so i can share with a co-worker whose wife is taking care of his mother in Arizona, after she fell a few weeks ago. He's not a big cook, and we are friends, and then I can have a turkey without 50 pounds of leftovers. I'll take him all the dark meat, mashed potatoes, gravy, and dressing/stuffing. He can manage the side stuff, im sure.

My friend's brother is not doing well at all, she flew to Colorado to take care of him. He was told anything past three days is lucky borrowed time, guess his cancer is much further along than they first thought. So sad. This will be her second brother to pass in 2 years. She had been on a vacation with both of them to Nicaragua just a few years ago, shortly before Bob passed. Now Rusty. They lived hard, partied hard, and never went to doctors. She will be devastated when he goes. Rusty did all the remodeling work on her house she inherited from Bob. She had a list of things for him to work on over Christmas, she will have to find another handy man.

Hugs for all - you with hubbies and brothers, hugs for them too - and make them get their check ups!

Love you, my dear friends!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:22 am

Hog's Head - Page 7 Naturewp-funnfunwallpapers
Autumn woods cottage. Location beautiful but unknown! Photo by funnfun wallpapers.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a slice of  pumpkin pie, a scarecrow cupcake, some bacon, and a tall mug of pumpkin spiced coffee!

Had a post all done then thought I'd add a Thanksgiving emoji and ... zap... everything vanished! So... no emojis on this board apparently!

Maxe... Very glad kitty has resurfaced. Hope he's learned his lesson!

Hecate... Yes, that is a niffler. He steals every scene he's in in the film (plus everything that's shiny) and is absolutely adorable. And second yes, that is a bowtruckle (that particular one is named Pickett). Glad your traditional drumstick is all arranged but even better to have a surprise visitor to deliver it!

Karentia... Sorry about your friend's brother. Passings around family oriented holidays always seem more poignant. But glad you're helping out a co-worker with a mini Thanksgiving dinner!

Here's to a healthy, healing, smooth-flowing, over the river and through the woods day to all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:06 pm

A mixed bag of news today.
I'm sorry to hear your friend is facing a loss, Karentia. I adore my brothers and would hate to see them ill.
Doesn't it seem like more people seem to leave this time of year?

I'm glad to hear Rebekah's able to come for a visit. Boy, Nate's got quite a gang going to HP!

Dawt told me yesterday they are going to Home Depot to get kiddy locks for those various doors to in wall storage. Because of the low land level, there's no basement, so in almost every room there appears to be a storage area. Pretty cool,actually, except for the heat pump space...it had some opens spaces that allowed a curious, scared Kitty to explore.
Watching Colin become so anxious over Pussface disappearing was like watching myself in panic mode. Couldn't laugh. He does love his cats.

We spent the day at one of the 'bad' stores. I don't understand how anyone could be satisfied working in a place that looked so messy. A new manager is coming in a few weeks so teams of us are going in to clean up so he/she won't be behind even when first walking in the door.

Now all I want is a bowl of hot soup, hot cocoa ,hot fudge sauce. ..quite chilly today.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi Everyone,
maxecat, I am so happy the kitty has been found !!
Our baby still needs treatments. I hope he keeps going.
Thanks for the good wishes everyone.
Glad you liked the movie Always.
Hecate, interesting thoughts about the future. I would like it to
Be better

Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:35 pm

I am having trouble with the fonts on my tablet. Laughing
Anyway this election makes me despair; there are so many hateful and ignorant people.
     Went to the dentist yesterday. Everything is okay. Hate going, but have to take care of my teeth.
   I got a good deal on a large pizza today. Because The Clippers won, I got it half price!
The Chocolat movie I saw had Johnny Depp. The movie choice on the airplane had movies from many eras, not just new.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:01 am

Good evening to all,

Yes, Magical Music Dreamer, that movie of Chocolat with Johnny Depp is one of my favorites. I love when the town mayor/magistrate goes into her display window to break up all of the chocolate and gets that one tiny piece on his lip and then licks it off with his tongue and starts going crazy shoving the chocolate into his mouth. Judi Dench was very good in it too. It has a sort of magic running through it, all around the way she make the chocolate with the old south american recipes all handed down through her mother's ancestors. Even the old dog benefited from it, made me laugh. Very good movie on all kinds of levels, I recommend it to everyone if you haven't seen it.

Laurene was here today and brought her new friend with her, the one that is the brother of a fellow she used to know.  She has driven to OH to meet him about a month ago, (they have spent a lot of time texting each other) and now he has come here to spend a couple of days with her because her sister and her husband have flown out to UT to spend Thanksgiving with Laurene's son and family, because when they moved, Laurene's sister's daughter, Danielle, went with them. Glad she did, from what I've heard, Laurene's sister was very controlling with her, just like she likes to control the whole family.  Funny, she is the youngest of them all but when their mother died about two years ago, she turned out to try and be the matriarch of the family.  It has caused some problems for Laurene, but I've been a good listener, and do what I can to help encourage Laurene be her own person and not let the others dominate her life. She's made some progress but still hasn't connected with the person she was born to be.  It's an on going process, something I've been working on for years with myself, although I'm not sure if we ever reach our fullest potential. Anyway, it was nice to meet him. He's a chef at a country club and was telling me a bit about the cuisine they offer.

Karentia, You're giving away the best part of the bird, all of the dark meat, but then, maybe that is what he likes the best like I do. So nice of you to help in that way. Actually it benefits both of you because you aren't stuck with all of the leftovers.  Sending healing thoughts for Morgan and for your friends brother for a peaceful passing.

Hog's Head - Page 7 Man_wo10

Hog's Head - Page 7 Scene_19

Hog's Head - Page 7 Woman_19

Hog's Head - Page 7 Scene_20

How about some fruit and cheese tonight? Along with some more sweets....................

Hog's Head - Page 7 Happy-10

Hog's Head - Page 7 Cheese10

Hog's Head - Page 7 Cakefa12

Hog's Head - Page 7 Cupcak20

I'd love more hot mulled cider......................Thanks Dobby!

Hog's Head - Page 7 Hot_ci11

Blessings for the love of family and friends, especially those I have here! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:22 am

Hog's Head - Page 7 CabinOnTheLakeNorway-CoolestCottages
Cabin on the lake, Norway. Photo by Coolest Cottages.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have one of Hecate's scarecrow cupcakes, a few pieces from the clever fruit turkey, a couple of eggs, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Here's to healing for kitties and peoples alike, a pleasant Thanksgiving Eve, and a smooth-flowing day...

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Such luscious food images. I really used to love baking this time of year but so few people I know enjoy sweets anymore it's not worth it.
I do have a pumpkin roll almost ready for filling and some sangria mellowing. Just a small dinner for us tomorrow.

I must have missed a post, Magical Music Dreamer. I didn't realize your kitty was so ill. Hoping for a quick recovery.

Maddie didn't eat much at the kennel,so she's being a piggy. She's also taking my favorite spot on the sofa, or Larry's chair, with a very defiant attitude.

Chocolate is one of my favorites. Very stylish,gentle humor and beautiful performances. And, of course, beautiful chocolate! The scene when the Count breaks his Lenten fast and starts devouring the window treats. ..wonderful. and Judy Dench. ..is there nothing she can't do?

Has anyone seen the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel? Another sweet film with talented actors.

How nice to have company, Hecate.You'll have to fill us in on Rebekah's semester when she comes to see you.

samtibbs, what will you be fixing for Thanksgiving?

Anyone using restaurants? We have, in the past.
I hate cleaning up.

rain today and that means a headache, not a bad one, just annoying enough to need a dark room and a nap.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Sorry to hear about the headache, Maxie. Healing thoughts for you! Glad you have a plan for eating out, I do like doing the turkey dinner, but since Morgan can't have butter or milk in any food, it makes things difficult.

I don't like dark meat, at all. It was all I was offered as a kid, hated it. Once I tasted the white meat? I was a goner. No sacrifice to give him the dark. Just have to take the bird out of the oven and allow it to cool. I made red smashed potato's with butter and rosemary, so good! Those are packaged and cooling. Will make scones and other goodies tomorrow. Morgan will have one set, I'll make some with milk and butter for me - can't eat her kind of butter. She said we can make eggs in the admin kitchen. Fun!

Hecate, so glad you are able to help Laurene with finding her feet, it is a process for all of us. Sweet for you to be her mentor - and a mentor to many others! Enjoy your turkey leg! Wish I could send you one.

My house does smell pretty good!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:06 am

Good evening all,

Funny Karentia, I was just the opposite!  I always had the white meat cut up on my plate on the holidays until I tasted my dad's drumstick and found the dark meat much more tasty and more juicy than the white!. Actually the very best part of the bird are what my Nana called the oysters. The meat on the backbone of the turkey or chicken that sits in that little curved piece of bone that looks like an oyster half shell. It is the most tender meat on the whole bird and of course being dark more tasty for me......To each his own.

Yes Samtibbs, what is on your menu this year?

Guess Miss Maddie is letting you know she is displeased with what you did to her. I'm sure she will forgive you.....eventually.  I had never heard of the movie The Exotic Marigold Hotel before, so before I started posting here I looked it up on IMDB.  It sounds delightful and so did the reviews, so I added it to my list of movies that I want to get. Thanks for telling us about it Maxecat.

Will send more healing energies to you kitty Magical Music Dreamer, I hope whatever they are doing is helping for a permanent recovery.

I'm almost out of  postcards, the top one is one that I absolutely do not like, It is the weirdest thing.....why put a woman's face on a turkey? Unless it's supposed to be someone famous? But I don't recognize it to be anyone that I know.  The last few are ones that I think are beautiful so I reprinted them and the very last one really isn't a card, and I've posted it before.  I don't know where it's from but I do love it as a portrait of summer and fall harvest.

Hog's Head - Page 7 Woman_20

Hog's Head - Page 7 Scene_21

Hog's Head - Page 7 Woman_21

Hog's Head - Page 7 Woman_22

Reprints.............................

Hog's Head - Page 7 Woman_23

Hog's Head - Page 7 Woman_24

Hog's Head - Page 7 Woman_25

And finally..........................

Hog's Head - Page 7 W-capt10

Here's to a very festive Thanksgiving for all.........................

Hog's Head - Page 7 Wreath22

Hog's Head - Page 7 Table_10

Hog's Head - Page 7 Annima10

Blessings for a Happy Thanksgiving for everyone!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:36 am

Hog's Head - Page 7 PeachamVT-CoreyHendricksonYankeeMag
Peacham, Vermont in the autumn. Photo by Corey Hendrickson, Yankee Magazine.

Good morning and a Happy Thanksgiving to all! The House Elves have prepared a lavish buffet and everything looks lovely. I think will have pumpkin pie, eggs, and bacon strips, plus a tall mug of coffee.

Maxe... Yes, in the muggle world, I will be one of those using a restaurant today. Silly to make all that stuff for one person! My friends haven't landed on a day for their dinner. It will be either Sunday or Monday due to their daughter's work schedule. Since she's the main cook, she kinda has to be there!

So far, we're having pouring rain this morning. Willow wanted outside on the porch today, checked out the chairs, and then came back inside. She's much happier now curled up in the recliner!

Here's to a healthy, cozy, pleasant day for all...

Hog's Head - Page 7 SevThanksgiving
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:45 am

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I will probably have our usual for dinner green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, cottage cheese salad, and I think crab cakes cause I don't have a salmon and of course pecan pie for dessert, we certainlt won't go hungry!

Hecate how cool you get to see Bekah, give her a big hug from all of us, make sure you find out what she is up to, have a great day dear, and thank you for all the picts the turkey with the girls face made me think of Mae West even if the face didn't, hope you have a super week, hugs dear!

Karentia hope you and Morgan can stay healthy rough when your body isn't agreeing,, , hopeyou have a wonderful day and a super week, hugs dear!

Always sounds like things are going as they should hope you have a super day, llove all the cottages, maybe in my next life I wll have one just me and the critters, I could easily be the crone who lives in the woods, sigh! Hope you have a super week, hugs dear!

Maxie glad they found their kitty,, when we were deconstructing once had one get caught in the wall, had to cut out a piece of drywall to rescue him, glad this one didn't require that, hope you and hubby havea wonderful meal, and a quiet e evening, hope you have a wonderful week, hugs dear!

MMD hope this is a good week for you, the election and it's results have been awful, I don't even listen to the news, hope you get to feeling better, take are, hugs dear!

Missy so you and hubby are taking it easy for Thanksgiving, does that mean everyone is coming for Christmas? Have a great week hugs dear!

MJS first holiday in your new home how fun! Hugs dear!

Hello to Weesa, lady, Shrivelfig, muggleborn and whom ever else might drop by!

Dobby what a spread think I will graze all day, Alberforth a mug of mulled cider please, thank you both!

Fire till it is time to stary cooking!

Have a wonderful day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:44 pm

Wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Dinner for us is the traditional turkey with all the trimmings. Mom has the kids helping her this year as my hands are troubling me more than usual for some reason. It's good experience for them.

My apologies for being absent so much there are things in the family going on that I am currently not able to discuss openly.

Hope you are all having a terrific day!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Happy Thanksgiving one and all!

Hi Weesa! Sorry to hear there are untalkables. We get that. Hugs, healing thoughts for you and family. Its good for the kids to get involved and learn how to do the big meals. They are certainly old enough. I remember learning early, from helping to polish silver, to cooking.

Samtibbs that is quite the spread! Hugs & happy times!

Always, enjoy the dinner out! Scritches for miss Willow.

Hecate love all the cards! But the face turkey - that is weird even for us. Hehe, I guess our turkey choices are opposite! Funny! The Best Marigold Hotel is fun, and so is the Second Best Marigold Hotel! Love the cast, done so well and fun. Makes me want to travel to India, but then, I've talked with a friend who has actually been, and it's a solid 'no!'. Very dirty, people spit everywhere, beggars sleep anywhere (small pile of clothes on the sidewalk? That is a person), just could not take it. My empathy would have a meltdown. I'll experience it all through movies. But those two are excellent!

Breakfast is ready! I agree, nibbling all day sounds great! Live the buffet!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Spent yesterday making an apple pie, pumpkin pie and some cranberry chutney. Today green bean casserole. corn casserole, sweet potato pie, rolls, turkey, dressing (box mix with giblets added), mashed potatoes, gravy and hubby is smoking a turkey breast. Yum! We should feast through the weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving!

muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:31 am

Good evening to all,

Just a quick fly through tonight, very tired. So happy to see that so many of you stopped by today. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Hog's Head - Page 7 Table_10

Hog's Head - Page 7 Annima11

Brightest of blessings to everyone! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:15 am

Hog's Head - Page 7 Cotswolds-loghouseholidays
Unique cottage in the Cotswolds, UK. Photo by Log House Holidays.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a tall mug of coffee, a bit of leftover turkey, and some toast with pomegranate jelly, please. That'll do for now.

Sounds like pleasant Thanksgivings for most here, though sad to hear about Weesa's challenges and Lady's dog, Dor. My day was simple... a traditional turkey dinner plus salad bar at Sizzler, plus a pleasant chat with one of my across-the-street neighbors. That worked for me.

It was pouring rain nearly all day, so was a good day to at least try to get the annual Christmas letter started. It generally takes a day of spinning my wheels to get it going, and this year has been no exception. Rolling Eyes Hopefully today will go smoother...

Here's to a healthy, healing, smooth-flowing day for all...

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:01 am

Good morning all.

So good to see Weesa again. It's  a shame to have family drama make life difficult but it's good to see the kids helping out.

I didn't see any post  about Lady's dog.

Family dinner with the in laws is usually very stressful for me but yesterday was fine, except for the weather migraine.
It's not that they don't like me, it's more like I don't exist unless I'm with Larry and even then I'm not part of the preparations or clean up. You know, the things that make you family instead of a guest. Before Colin moved, he and I entertained ourselves at these gatherings.
Much of the family was away but the youngest niece and nephew were there with their in laws. With so many outsiders the conversation was passed around very nicely.
We didn't spend the day,we had to work . Business was slow. DG didn't have extraordinary sales.

Stuff to do. Cold and dreary. More typical November weather than those 70s and 80 ° days.

I've all my Christmas shopping done. Feel like putting out decorations. Been trying for the opportunity to have my neighbors' grandsons visit and decorate cookies. They used to live with them because their mother was abusive (Munchausen by proxy on the younger boy) but somehow the parents got them back. Hopefully on one of their weekend visits they'll be able to visit Miss Katie.
Haven't decorated with kids in years. My last kiddos are in college.

Oh....my MIL's dementia is fluctuating    between angry outbursts,outrageous comments and sneaking into people's rooms at night. She's only 90 pounds but slaps nurses and other patients  ( not hard, but still inappropriate ). There's a very large gentleman  (6'4"?) and wheel chair bound who tools around the halls. Hazel hates him,for some reason, and goes to his room at night and tries to steal his blankets!
Out of the blue last week she asked Larry's sister if she hadn't found a better  husband yet.
Marsha thinks she believes Arthur has died  ( he doesn't visit often) .

We laugh but it's pathetic knowing how much dignity this lady has lost.

To make things more difficult, their Yorkshire terrier, Phoebe has been diagnosed with dementia. There are treatments available for dogs!
Arthur's best friend, who lost his wife to ALS in '14, is in the early stages of dementia as well. Marsha says she's not sure if Arthur's working with a full deck,either and really can't handle much more craziness in her life.

Better get moving. Love to all and I want to say how grateful I am for all of you in my own crazy life.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:05 am

Hog's Head - Page 7 AvonCottage-Cotswolds-Gloucestershire-EnchantedEngland
Avon Cottage, Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, England. Photo by Enchanted England.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have some leftover turkey with cranberry sauce, plus a tall mug of coffee, please.

Actually went out yesterday and got a few items to decorate my porch for Christmas. Not a big thing, just a bit of seasonal color. I don't have a convenient power outlet and don't want to run super long extension cords so not doing lights. Also got a good start on my annual Christmas letter. Hope to finish it up today so I can get all into the mail soon (especially those going overseas).

Here's to a healthy, healing, hug-filled day for all... :hug:
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi All,
Sorry about your hands Weesa. Hope you feel better. Glad you had a nice dinner.
Muggleborn, sounds like you had a feast !
We went to my niece's home. She had a ham. It was good.
Too bad about your mil maxecat. My niece's Mom was there awhile. She is kind of strange too. She left after a bit to go back to her rest home.
Maxecat, my relatives don't ask me to cook or clean up. I wouldn't take that personally.
Nice that you and Always have a jump on Christmas.
Lovely pictures Hecate. Why do you post a picture you hate? I imagine your friends brought you dinner.
Thanks for the words samtibbs. Sounds like you had a vegan feast.
Karentia, didn't you say you were making a turkey?
Missypotter sounds busy.
Hope you are all healthy and happy.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Have a good day !
Hog's Head - Page 7 Bitmoj12
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Good evening all,

Good question Magical Music Dreamer,,....the answer is that I may not like it but it just might be the perfect image to make another person's day!  I view it as not being representative of Thanksgiving, although like to be impartial when it come to a lot of things, and present both sides of a subject, so even though I didn't like the image, there may be someone else who just loves it.....Just like white and dark meat turkey.  Very Happy  Happy to hear you had a good time with your relatives. And hoping your kitty is responding well to treatments.

You tickle me Maxecat,  you have made it plane even before this that Larry's family doesn't accept you as part of it.  I'd feel glad about that, with all of that dementia going on, I wouldn't want to be part of it in the first place. Hoping it turns out well and you have those younger hands to help you decorate the cookies. I'm sending my thoughts to help it manifest for you.

Samtibbs, I made it a point to ask Rebekah about her classes when she was here today.  Here is what she told me about three of them.  First, and her favorite and most interesting is Environmental Science - it has to do with global warming, ecology and basically make the student more aware of how it impacts their lives and how they affect the earth in return.  She said she thinks that it should be a required subject for anyone wanting to graduate from college. Second was Commercial Law, which comes after taking Business Law, on how legalities are set up for commercial businesses. And  the last one we discussed was about organizing management teams and setting up a businesses personal for an office or commercial store.  It's basically about hiring and what to look for, for each position you want to fill.  She doesn't really like this class but is getting through it. She brought me a turkey leg, mashed potatoes, dressing, greenbeans, cranberries, fruits salad with marshy-mellows and whipped cream, and home made cinnamon roles, all tucked into a wicker basket with a napkin wrapped around the food......just like her mother packs everything for me.

The good news is that Rebekah will be back in about three weeks for a whole month, then the spring term starts, AND, if she can swing it she won't have to go back for the fall term after summer break.  The few classes that she needs to graduate most likely can be taken through one of the community colleges right here. Not a definite YET but a possibility.

I made it a point to have the lovely quilt that Karentia made for me covering my legs for when Rebekah got here. It's the first time I'm using it. I didn't say anything to her about it until after we emptied the goody basket and she was already sitting down, then I lifted it up and said 'does this look familiar?' She got back up and said 'Oh, yes. Did you make it?' And of course I told her that you made it Karentia, and showed her all of the beautiful buttons. She told me to tell you that it was a beautiful, thoughtful gift.....you know that I already think that.

Always, please post a picture for us when you get your decorations complete, would love to see it.  You posted about Lady losing Dor? Dor was her mother's dog, Lady's dog and I think sister to Dor, is Cecelka,or Ceclika (hope I have the spelling right)  Sorry to hear that, they are both very old in dog years.  I'm assuming that you read that on facebook and not here because I didn't read anything about it here.

I have a question for everyone.  Has anyone been watching "The Curse of Oak Island" on the history channel? Also the program that directly follows it called "Hunting Hitler"??  I've been intrigued with the Oak Island one for the past two seasons and just now started to follow the one about finding Hitler.  Rebekah and I were discussing it today because of all the Natzi influence that still remains around Buenis Aires.  It seems like these hunters have found an encampment hidden deep in the interior that they are suggesting might be the place where he escaped to.  Just curious to know if anyone else is interested.

Here are a few pictures to start off the new season.............................

The original Frosty the Snowman from the old cartoon.......................

Hog's Head - Page 7 Snowma10

And some other jovial snowmen followed by a quick craft project that I thought was great!

Hog's Head - Page 7 Snowma12

Hog's Head - Page 7 Snowma13

All you need to do after assembling the parts is glue a pin clasp onto the back and you have a beautiful hat or lapel accent for you winter wear............................

Hog's Head - Page 7 Snowma14

Blessings for the start of a wonderfully magical winter season!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:29 pm

Oh,you know how large families become their own best friends and don't need anyone else. ..and, we have such different lifestyles and interests. It's just for a long time I tried so hard to find a connection. When the older grandchildren were young,I'd be off with them answering questions about Harry. They kept me on my toes! Unfortunately, they aren't readers,so, they missed the full Potter experience.

That's wonderful news about Rebekah, Hecate. I suppose all her travels have enriched her education more than sitting in a classroom. Your dinner presentation made me envision Little Red Riding Hood with a basket of treats.

I cooked my turkey breast today. Tomorrow,after work, we'll have our dinner. Larry made a batch of sangria, which we'll try then. Not really a winter drink but refreshing.

I finally saw Lady's post about Dor. She has a lot to handle with the boys, dogs and her mom. I hope she can find some time to drop by and tell us how her new job is coming along.

Haven't seen Oak Island. ..will have to check it out.

Cute vintage snowmen. Guess I'm not ready for snow.

Hope your decorating was fun, Always.
I won't do much,but I have some Mason jars I've covered in Epsom salts and ribbon. .I'll stick a battery tea light in and cluster them on the table with some pine boughs. It's not like Martha Stewart is coming to critique.

Not usually into college football but it's rivalry day and there were some good games. I'm beat and Maddie was freaked out by my cheering and jeering. Off to bed.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum