Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 35 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:12 am

Hog's Head - Page 35 Bitmoj13

Happy Easter Everyone !!
I played the harp for a retirement home brunch. It was pleasant. They even fed us. Delicious food.
I haven't done too many jobs lately. I managed. Tony helped me move the equipment.
Hope you all had a good day
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:59 am

Good evening to all,

Maxecat, do you remember me tell all of you about the farm that Rebekah and I had created for us? Well part of it also had a pathway that would take you around a huge circle in the woods, and on this path you would find cottages just like the past ones that Always has posted. Lots of gingerbread, in the Victorian style,....the only thing was they were done with more earth toned colors, but I'm for these colors also. Almost like a setting where they have lots of vacation cabins, but not in a row, just spotted here and there.  You are not the only person to have imagined that.  I'm still dreaming of it.

Do all of you remember, about a year, or more, ago, I brought to your attention an article I read about a little handicapped pig that a woman brought to the vets to be put down?? And that the vet couldn't find it in his heart to do it?  So he kept it alive and made one of those scooter harness carts, like the ones used for dogs for it to get around??  But the funny thing was, and why I posted it was that he named him......Chris P. Bacon!!!  Well today I was going through an article about people who are making money by posting pictures of their pets on Facebook etc.  LIke...Grumpy cat, the worlds ugliest dog, and more. In this group I came across a picture of Chris, doing his thing and being a mascot and inspiration for handicapped children.  Here is the picture I found today...................

Hog's Head - Page 35 Chris_10

Here is another woman who is making money from her cat.  When I first saw a picture of it I didn't believe the picture was for real, I thought it had been touched up and fake, but here she is holding her pet................

Hog's Head - Page 35 Venus10

I also watched the new Dr. Who episode.  I guess this new girl is going to be ok working with him but I like the other fellow traveling with him better. Don't remember his name, real or in the episode, but I think he was the one who played tweedledee and tweedledum in Alice in Wonderland. I liked him there too.  Always remember when I said that I was watching some episodes that I've seen before and some that I hadn't and some of them really creeped me out?  There was one that was on again this morning that did it to me, and I'll tell you why.  The name was Asylum of the Daleks, originally aired 9-1-12.  The Dr. is trying to rescue this girl from the dalek prison planet, and at the end he finds out that she is actually a dalek but doesn't remember it.  The image that really got to me was when she looked out from her space inside and saw him standing right outside of her confinement space.  What creeps me is that there are times when I awake and open my eyes, I feel just like that....that I am trapped inside this shell of a body and looking out through the eyeholes.  It scares me....sometimes, because it re-enforces my belief that we are spiritual beings living in animal bodies, and that this shell that I'm living in really isn't me........Hope I din't get too deep for some of you here, not really trying to scare anyone but it is a real feeling that I have had for about five years now. Since my perceptive of who we are and why we are here changed, that is exactly what I have come to believe, that ........'We are androgynous spiritual beings living in animal bodies.'

Maxecat, it was so very warm here yesterday too.  The house is still closed up and I almost roasted, it was 81 here, too warm, but Laurene will be here tomorrow and will take down the curtains and open up the AC so at least I can get the fan working and get some circulation in here if I need it. Oh, I came across a picture that reminded me of you getting your garden ready for the upcoming season.................

Hog's Head - Page 35 Spring12

Just a pretty image that made me think of you Maxecat.

Blessings for a wonderful energizing new week for everyone!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:19 am

Hog's Head - Page 35 ThortonLeDale-NEYorkshire-RobtHarding
Thatched cottage in Thorton le Dale, North East Yorkshire, UK. Photo by Robert Harding.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a soft boiled egg with an avocado, plus a tall mug of coffee, please.

Sounds like everyone had a pleasant Easter day. Mine was quiet, as expected, but I did take myself out to a late breakfast, or perhaps "brunch", at the local pancake house, just to be different.

Here's to a healthy, healing, restorative, energy filled day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Shrivelfig, dogs are incredibly intuitive and usually want to please. They can be trained many ways as long as you're consistent.

My big Lab, Doc was very much an Alpha dog who'd walk me instead of the opposite. His favorite treat was Goldfish crackers and Nabisco Ginger snaps.

Outside one afternoon some neighborhood kids were seen walking on the street below our hill. Wanting to check out new friends Doc started running down toward them, looking quite fierce in his intensity. I could see how scared the kids looked so I yelled " Doc! Fish!"

He skidded to a stop, sort of like a cartoon....and returned to the patio where I scrambled to find some crackers for him.

He was a cool boy.

Always, the Yorkshire cottage is brilliant. ..look at the colors. Must be that perfect weather that contributes to such roses.
We finally dried off today but it's too late to do much in the yard.
Afraid I have to procrastinate.

Did I mention the two seed starter trays I began and forgot to mark?
One tray is geraniums. .. ( are geraniums? )The other holds petunias, I think...can't find my list.

Am excited about the surprise. ..and over the weekend 3 tulips popped up among the overgrown back raised beds...haven't seen them in years! Bright orangey/red/ yellow. ..don't remember planting them.
Maybe the gnomes chipped in?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:36 am

Good evening all,

Just want to do a quick fly through tonight, I hardly got any sleep last night and Laurene was here early today.

Cute story about your dog Maxecat, makes me remember all of mine.

Dobby bring me an extra blanket please, I can't keep my eyes open anymore.

Hog's Head - Page 35 Dobby_15

Blessings for a beautiful new day! Hecate3fold!

Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:07 am

Hog's Head - Page 35 AprilCottage-Aislaby-NoYorkMoors-SykesCottages
April Cottage, Aislaby, North York Moors, UK. Photo by Sykes Cottages.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have some toast with Karentia's jam and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Today needs to be errands and chores day. Yesterday eluded me... Rolling Eyes

Here's to a healthy, healing, energized, rewarding day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:05 am

Mondays...oh well....

Tuesday's ready to rock. Errands here,too. And some household chores.

Off and running.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi all!  I was working yesterday and Easter, just not worth checking in on those days.  It was whacko for the drivers, having to deal with the traffic looking for tulips, but rather calm around the office - most folks figured we were closed.  

Making jam today!  As soon as I can get the berries defrosted.  Have some in a bucket in the sink, dribbling hot water in the sink around it, and another bunch in my big pot I make the jam in, on the stove, heating the berries up!  Exchange to happen soon, hot berries poured over the frozen, grab big frozen chunks to heat up.... Slow going when I was ready to make it right away. Oh well.

I met someone last night at Walmart, my fairy godfather of business!  He was grabbing jars for his BBQ sauce business.  He gave me great information on how to use the kitchen at the American Legion, $9 an hour!  Wow!  Very worth it!  And many more ideas!  I can basically make up to 30k units a month equivalent before I have to go to the next level of licensing -  Shocked - I don't have to worry as much as I have been!  As long as I have my food handlers card, and use a professional kitchen, I am back in business!  So this is the last time I may make it at home!

I have a bunch of orders from friends, co-workers, and my massage therapist office!  Plus I can sew on my costume in between.  Hand serging the edge.... Oy.

Maxie what a good boy he was!  Love that story!  And volunteer tulips are awesome!  Yeah, weather still all over, we had a sunny morning on Easter, started to rain in the afternoon.  Been dry since, or no, I don't remember, I was inside.

Always what a sweet gift!  I too love to look but not smell lollies - my yellow ones are sprouting in the garden outside, by the mailbox!  Love the cots, keep em coming!

MMD I'm so happy to hear you had an Easter gig!  I've been worried you wouldn't be up to any more - you go girl!  Rest first though.   Very Happy

Hecate you are so right.  We are souls that are everlasting, here in earth school, learning lessons we signed up for.  I can understand also how that vision would freak you out a bit.  We are all in some point of transition, and on our path to the end of our school times - at some point we say 'enough' and stay home in heaven/Other Side.  You know that isn't too deep for us.   Smile. We can handle it!  Hugs & enjoy the nap!  I do love the ideas of the little cots in a small neighborhood, just for us and able to visit in person, create, garden, sit over tea and chat half the day away.

But berries need me!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:23 am

Good evening to all,

That's great news for when you do your 'Jammin' Karentia. I'm guessing that you will be doing it more often. I remember that logenberry jam from you. I had never tasted logen berries before....and probably never will again.....but I remember the distinct flavor. So delicious.

I was thinking about all of the thatched roofed cottages and wondering what percentage of the roofs in the isles are done that way. It seems that it is more common once you are out of the city proper, like it's more of a country thing. And I'm wondering what the cost is compared to a tiled roof? I don't think they use shingling much over there. I know there are union carpenters and roofers here....do they have a thatcher union over there? And what kind of apprenticeship is involved? Does a thatched roof last longer than a shingled one before it has to be replaced? And why hasn't it ever caught on over here?? I love looking at them, especially the ones that have a pattern carved into them around the edges. Thank you for finding them for us Always.

Was going through my art file folder and found some trees that ell of you might like. Don't know why I kept them, just that I like them.

Hog's Head - Page 35 Ancien10

Hog's Head - Page 35 Autumn10

Here's a picture of Fawkes..................................

Hog's Head - Page 35 Captur24

Blessings for a happy, fragrant, sunny, springtime day! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:26 am

Hog's Head - Page 35 April_Cottage_Firgrove_Road_Southhampton-AlexMcGregor-_geograph-org-uk
April Cottage, Firgrove Road, Southhampton, UK. Not thatched but quaintly cute anyhow! Photo by Alex McGregor/geograph.org.uk

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a couple of pancakes topped with butter and Karentia's jam, plus a tall coffee, please.

Hecate... Here's a link to an article on thatched roofs which you might find of interest....https://britishheritage.com/thatching-an-age-old-craft-in-modern-england/ ... My posted pix tend to be "thatch intensive" since I love the look of them, but more modern construction predominates throughout Britain. The thatched cottages tend to be historical, old homes or country homes (or rentals). People still love the look of thatch, but as the article notes, where it used to be a poor man's roofing now it's a rich man's! I'm just glad someone's keeping the style alive and thriving!

Karentia... Great news for your jamming business! Having a professional kitchen would be perfect for you.

Here's to a healthy, healing, energy-filled day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Did 10 batches of jam!  That is 4 gallons of berries, 30 pounds of sugar.  3 1/2 flats of pints jars.  Tuckered me out.  But I persevered and cleaned the kitchen as I finished - nice to have it all buttoned up!  Yeah, it is uncanny how I pull exactly the correct amount of berries to defrost.  It was exactly the correct amount!  No leftovers!  Amaze myself sometimes.  That was berries from my special freezer, I was out of my separate bags of berries, set up as a batch per bag.  Defrosted with a bucket in the sink, hot water heating it up, and actually cooking some on the stove, enough to liquify the iced over product.  

So pooped out I slept till 10:00 am!   Shocked. Wow!  But on to shot day, laundry, and 1 1/2 hours with Ross.  Will deliver jam as I go.

I have an extra flat available, I'm sure some will stick around, but not for long!

I know slate roofing is also popular in Europe, the actual rock slate.  Have to be careful when those break loose!  Ouch!  It is fun and beautiful to see the various things they trim into the thatch!  But those also attract mice, and birds.  If you don't mind sharing, that is fine.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:28 am

Hi Everyone,
  Congratulations on your jam business Karentia.
The thatched roof info is interesting. Thanks for the pictures Always and Hecate.
   Karentia thanks for the encouragement on my job. I am not taking many these days.
       That cat picture looks fake to me. It is easy to cut and paste pictures. If it was real, it wouldn't be such a straight line on the face.
  Hecate I agree with Karentia.  Most of us have studied Spiritual thoughts and feelings. We are not muggles !

Last edited by Magical Music Dreamer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:43 am

Good evening everyone,

That was such a great article Always, thank you so much for sharing it with us.  It answered a lot of questions and gave me an idea of what it takes to become a 'Master Thatcher'.  Brought me back to when I did roofing with my dad and how to do an inside corner, a V at the corner of an addition or dormer, and sealing off the pitch or an outside corner.  Thatching is a bit more complicated, I'm sure.

Give yourself a rousing cheer and a pat on the back Karentia, you got a lot done in a short amount of time

Good to see you Magical Music Dreamer.  I can understand not doing too many jobs anymore, but it is nice to get out occasionally just to be with people, plus the knowledge that you are bringing joy to those that you are playing for. Your biggest hindrance is the fact that your harp is so large and heavy, wish that 'reduckto' spell actually worked, it would make moving it around a lot easier for you. Your're right Magical Music Dreamer, I remember the in depth conversations we used to have back on the old site.

I spent the day in ancient Greece first with Perseus fighting the Kraken and then with the Rock making like Hercules.  Now I'm climbing around old barns with Mike and Frank finding all kinds of hidden treasures on American Pickers.

Winky has made us a cake and some fudge so, enjoy everyone!

Hog's Head - Page 35 H-cake11

Hog's Head - Page 35 Fudge11

Just the past four or five days the trees have started budding out with leaves, so soon they will be all green again.

Hog's Head - Page 35 Annima23

Blessings for a picture perfect Spring day!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum