Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 8 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 8 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Always Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:45 am

Hog's Head - Page 8 SnowyYorkshireCottage
Snowy Yorkshire cottage. (source unknown)

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a bagel with apple butter, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Hecate... Here's what Lady posted on facebook, which is where I learned about Dor's passing. The translation is by facebook.
25 November at 16:50 ·
Dor z Komáří Hůrky 4.9.2000 - 25.11.2016

Dor dnes ukončil svou cestu na tomto světě a přesunul se dál. Byl to úžasný, věrný, hodný a pracovitý pes, který odešel v pokoji obklopen svou lidskou smečkou. Do poslední chvíle milován a od teď velmi postrádán. Leť vysoko Dore!

Dor today ended his journey in this world and moved on. It was an amazing, loyal, kind and hardworking dog who left in a room surrounded by their human pack. Until the last moment from now, loved and very missed. Fly High Dore!

Outside decorations, such as they are, are done. With dark clouds moving in, it was too dim for photos. Will see if they survived last night's rainstorm when it lightens up a bit outside. Rolling Eyes  Got my Christmas letter written. Now need to do the revise/rewrite part of the annual process before getting it copied. Worst part this year has been fighting the software I'm using these days. It's low end stuff and I want higher end functioning. Ya gets what ya pays for, it seems, but can't afford the pricey stuff at the moment, so it'll have to do! I'm making it kinda work, but it's taken some effort and trial and error!

Here's to a healing, wholesome, nargle-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:49 am

Maxie, so sorry to hear about the MIL doing such odd things! Scandalous! But kinda funny too, I'm sure her younger self would have been mortified. Kind of wonder if this is the sort of thing she always wanted to do but couldn't get away with - silly pranks. Love the idea you are doing some fun decorating - I've seen Pins with that kind of crafting, but just haven't had the time, or space. I have tons of those lights left over from trees and Relay, I should put some to good use!

Always, glad you got your decos up! Pictures when it's light are fine, and not pouring down rain. Debating on putting up a mini tree or not. Will do the office one next weekend. Yikes, not fun about the software - one reason I haven't ventured into a computer, I hesitate to pay for the software! So bloody expensive. Looking forward to your letter!

Hecate, so glad to hear about Rebekah's visit! And thank you, about the quilt! Just happy to know you can use it! Yay! Nice dinner basket! And she will be back soon? Cool! That would be awesome if she can finish her schooling close by - much less expensive. I've been interested in the Oak Island, but it is usually at the same time as another show that has me hooked - same with the Hitler. I did catch one of the hunting Hitler shows once, very interesting.

Yes, Lada still has Celika, sad to see Dor go. Hugs for Lada & family.

Back to work...
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Hog's Head - Page 8 Christmas2016

Still overcast, but not raining, so here's a pic of what I put up yesterday. Just a touch of the Christmas season. At least they weathered the storm last night! santa
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Cute, Always! Red is so festive!

Hecate, yes, I did do a turkey! Got a fresh one, 14 pounds was the smallest. Michael very much appreciated the dark meat. I also made stuffing, red smashed potatoes with rosemary, and gravy. No extras required. Felt really accomplished for making the gravy from the drippings, no mix for me!

Back to work...
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:08 am

Good evening all,

How strange to see Bohemian in print. I know some of the language but only verbally, to see it printed out like that I wouldn't begin to know how to pronounce the words. Thanks for sharing it Always.  Cute decorations.  Is that an owl on the right side?  I enlarged it the best I could but still couldn't quite make it out.  Is this a work in progress or will this be all you are going to do?  Just curious.  That reminds me, did you ever put up your 'Severus' tree like you had at the other place?

I forgot to mention yesterday when I was talking about Rebekah, that she has a part time job working at the college, only fourteen hours a week, but it's in the office that is in charge of the foreign exchange students.  From what she has said is that the woman in charge was eager to have her working there because of all her travel experience. She said that other students told her that this woman was difficult to work for but she said that she had no problem relating to her.

Maxecat, still sending positive thoughts for help decorating those cookies.

Just a few wintery scenes...........................................

Amsterdam............
Hog's Head - Page 8 Amster10

Aspen, CO
Hog's Head - Page 8 Aspenc10

Cape May, NJ................
Hog's Head - Page 8 Cape_m10

Street in Boston........................
Hog's Head - Page 8 Street10

Blessings for a spectacular day!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:56 am

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving without too much family drama. I've been enjoying all the Thanksgiving feasts photos. Reminds me of having Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandma's house when I was a kid and all of us cousins had to sit in the kitchen because there wasn't enough room for everyone around the dinner table. Sometimes, I really miss those dinners.

It's a lot simpler these days. My mom doesn't do much cooking any more since it's just her. The house needs some repairs and getting new ovens that work isn't on the top of her list. And our kitchen in the apartment isn't very big so we just did a honey-baked ham that we heated up in the oven. Also had some rolls and sweet potatoes.

Who else has seen Fantastic Beasts? My mom definitely enjoyed it for her birthday movie. Unfortunately, my sister and BiL had to go to the bathroom near the end of the movie so they missed some very important plot points. They did see the ending though. Originally it was meant to be a trilogy but Jo recently confirmed that there will be five films. Very Happy My sister and mom loved the nifler.

Saturday night my family is going to see John Cleese and Eric Idle on stage! cheers I pretty much grew up on shows like Monty Python and this is the last stop on the tour.

Before I forget, if anyone wants to send me an owl just pm me for the info. I also added my facebook link to my profile. If anyone wants to contact me, I would love to hear from you. thumbs up

shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:05 am

Hog's Head - Page 8 Christmas-closer

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have some eggs and bacon, toast, and a large mug of coffee, please.

Hecate... Here's a different shot of the decorations, enlarged a bit. Yes, it is an owl. In this shot you can also see the jingle bell wreath and additional Santa that are on the wall of the house. This is all I plan to do. No, I don't plan to put up the Alan tree. Don't really have an ideal tree spot without rearranging stuff a lot. There are two full bookshelves of Christmas items in the living room, so they'll work just fine for me. I may put Santa caps and scarves on my standees and bring them out from the library room... they can be festive for the holidays!

But first I have to finish getting my cards done. Got the letter written, proofed it multiple times, had it photocopied, and as frustratingly usual found a glaring error... a word that got left out probably while editing and re-editing... that changes the whole meaning of the sentence. So tongue I will be going back to Office Depot today with a corrected master. Ya'd think one year I could manage to get it right! That's actually the trouble with proofreading your own work. Your eye just fills in the gaps with what's supposed to be there.

Shrivelfig... Yes, did see "Fantastic Beasts", and enjoyed it. Personal taste is too much cgi, but it was amazingly well done so that made up for a lot of my drathers. I will be interested to see how the story progresses. Since JKR has said it'll go up to 1945, it's pretty apparent that it'll be leading up to the Dumbledore-Grindlewald duel. The storylines leading to that should be quite strong enough for a five movie arc.

Here's to a healthy, smooth-flowing day....
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Good morning all.

Yesterday I had composed a post and then my chubby fingers hit a key that either wiped it out or sent it into cyber space. ..just one of those things.

I like your cheery bows and ribbons, Always. Maybe it's too early for an AR tree,even if you had space.
This has been a terrible year for artists.
Have you found anyone for coffee dates, yet?
Your comment about proof reading your own stuff made me chuckle. All too often I've missed huge mistakes until too late and a redo was necessary. Now, I tend to read things aloud. It's easier to catch my goofs that way. Your holiday letters are so entertaining and refreshing at a stressful time of year.

Not sure about the rest of the country but that Black Friday craziness hit our area hard...the shop lifters
were very busy too. We chased a couple out of our place.
I don't do Black Friday sales. I'm done with my shopping,anyway.

Fantastic Beasts is still on my to do list. I'm grateful for the input because the beasts were the least interesting aspects of my HP experience. I hear there's quite the search in place for the younger Dumbledore.

Hecate, that's wonderful news about Becca and what a perfect job for her. Too bad it will be for such a short time. Has she mentioned grad school?
Now that the Thanksgiving holiday crush is winding down I'll be able to ask Sheryl about the grandkids coming over. She has a gift shop in town and it's been crazy busy since the holiday Open House weekend.
She and her husband had temporary custody of the boys for several years after the daughter in law was making the baby sick. She used social media and the Lexington tv stations to promote interest and request financial support for "treatment ". Unbelievably, her step son stood by his wife.

Last year a friendly judge gave the kids back (one of those "the traditional family model is more important than the children" types). Somehow, now, Sheryl can only have supervised visits with the kids she raised for years. Hopefully, it'll be allowed for the kids to visit me. More complicated than I thought.

A day behind laundry but will welcome the dryer heat coming out of the laundry room. Cold and dreary.

Love to all.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:02 am

What a twisted set of what is right. Sure! Let the mom make the child sick, maybe it will die! Think of all the sympathy then! Evil or Very Mad Horrid woman. I hope Sheryl can get the kids for a bit, for their sakes. Hugs, Maxie, at least Black Friday is over. I caved, a cyber sale, Hot Topic. I need some Dr Who stuff for a custom ordered letter, and gosh! What great prices! Sucked me right in. Oh well, spoiling my daughter and myself is fun. And yes, will have some fun Who stuff for a W.

Shrivlefig, look forward to visiting on fb as well - I post and "like" a lot of stuff, feel free to unfollow closely, I understand. My daughter does that sometimes Laughing after telling me to stop liking every post. Rolling Eyes Laughing Like that will happen.

Was a busy day at work. All my regular owls have been sent, but I have to go to the post office tomorrow, Shrivlefig, make sure I have the right postage. Catch up with laundry, take some stuff to storage, get the mini trees and ornaments out, you know, a typical EB day for me.

Always, cute railing! I second the AR tree, it can wait. Festive hats will be fun. Up in the air on whether to put up my purple tree.

Maxie, these beasts are cool! Pretty, weird, odd, but so much fun! Everyone loves the Niffler, and the Bowtruckle. I love the Thunderbird - he is gorgeous. Took me a bit to figure out which animals were which, like the Erumpet - but she was fun. I can hardly wait for the Blu-ray!

Hugs to all - healing thoughts for MMD's kitty.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:27 am

Good evening to all,

How awful Maxecat.  The woman who raised the kids can now only have supervised visits??? Who is responsible for that?? The mother or the father? Someone has to be behind it, a judge wouldn't do something like that unless someone put in some kind of complaint.  The last I heard from Rebekah was that she was planning on going to Northwestern  here in Chicago, that way she could live at home and still carry a full class load to finish her degree in the shortest amount of time.

Five movies instead of three, wow!  I'm wondering if JKR still has these movies limited to all English actors?  I should go check it out on IMDB and see who the stars are and where they are from.  I can't begin to think of who could play a younger Dumbledore.  I still say that they chose wrong with Gambon when Richard Harris died, he was so perfect for the role.  I think the role should have gone to Patrick Stewart, he has that same twinkle in his eye that Harris did, and would have played the role as a much more reserved character.  I knew Gambon was wrong as soon as I saw the way he was so boisterous and also so quick in his actions. Example, when he stormed down the stairs after Harry was picked in GOF, and grabbed him and yelled at him.  Dumbledore never would have done it that way, he was too soft spoken and reserved in his actions.

Thanks for the enlarged picture Always, now I can see how cute the owl is, and the Santa by the door too.  I have the same problem when trying to proof read my posts here. I tend to skip over a word, thinking it's right in my mind, and then I actually post and find I've still made some mistakes and have to go back and fix them. Even though I'm using a magnifier to make everything larger so I can read it in the first place.  Life is so much fun when you get old!!!!!

Here are some more cheery pictures............................

Hog's Head - Page 8 House_10

Hog's Head - Page 8 House_11

Hog's Head - Page 8 House_12

Hog's Head - Page 8 House_13

Hog's Head - Page 8 Street11

Blessings for a winter wonderland morning!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:42 am

Hog's Head - Page 8 SurreyCottage-HowardSomerville
Cottage in Surrey, England. Photo by Howard Somerville.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a couple of soft-boiled eggs, some sausage links, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Hecate... Re young Dumbledore... there seems to be a growing campaign among Potter fans to have Jared Harris (son of Richard Harris) cast in the role. He's an excellent actor and I personally agree it would be a great choice due to family resemblance, plus his age would be appropriate to the timeline. But from an interview I read yesterday, Jared himself seems to think it's unlikely. Guess we'll all see eventually!

Maxe... No, no one for coffee dates, but then I really haven't been hunting for anyone either.

Shrivelfig & Karentia... In your settings on facebook you can always turn off getting notifications for your friends' "likes" without interfering from their regular posts or comments. I did that on mine to reduce clutter on my timeline.

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:34 pm

I don't know all the ins and outs of all that, so thank you Always! Still a technotard!

In doing laundry, finally. Got loads of shopping done. Really wanted to stay home and nap, no time in a short weekend. No bazaar on Saturday, working an extra shift on Thursday. It helps pad the next paycheck. But 50 hours is not fun. Grabbed the Christmas ornament bin from storage, so will make some fun over the weekend with that at work.

I still need to scoot by Wally's, but hesitate because I'm tired. Already put out more than I want to the day before payday. Out of a few things. I might go buy dinner and go home after laundry, go to bed early. We have three birthdays, and a retirement tomorrow, so I will spend part of the day at the office to too. Yay, 6 days in the office! Shocked *sigh*
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:13 pm

Maxie crawls to the softest chair by the fire.

Oh my, what a day. Larry and I have been spending time at a store out of town. A new manager is being trained and they want a well organized store ready for him. Trouble is,  the only people interested in keeping it organized is us! The customers are really rough on merchandise, even more than in other areas.Other than a grocery and a Family Dollar, it's the only department type store in town. It's shopped hard and even more so with the holidays.

A team will go in next week and I bet it will looked trashed.

Some laugh at my job security. ...but, I'm so tired right now.

Happily eating turkey casserole watching Dial M for Murder. That's a good way to end the day.

I found out about the neighbor boys' situation last year.  Because of work schedules we hardly see our neighbors and if I see Sheryl at her shop we never seemed to discuss family.
Her step children used to care for our pets when they were younger.
The son estranged himself from the family when he met his wife. She didn't want him close to his parents. When the children started coming,Jim began to bring them back home, they could know their  grandparents.
When the baby was less than two she began telling people he had cancer, shaving his head as though undergoing chemo. .not sure what she may have given him to vomit and lose weight,but she presented him as a dying child in need of donations for further treatments out of state.
I believe  the pediatricians caught on and alerted the authorities.

The Lexington Family Court gave temporary custody to Sheryl and Robbie because of all the adults involved, they were the most stable.Over the next few years, I guess the mother went through treatment  ( or the motions) and some family values judge decided that the children should be with their parents. Not sure why Sheryl needs supervised visits, though I suspect it has to do with the DIL and her mother wanting total control of the kids. A shame, really because Rob ' s retired and between Sheryl and their adult daughter, there would have been emotional support all the time.
I'm a little afraid to even bring a cookie visit up but some months ago I suggested it and she thought the kids would like it.

I thought Tessa (aka DanDan) would like to help.

Family situations are always so complicated.

Jared Harris has his father's voice...and general look ,but I can't see Dumbledore ' s energy there.
I read Johnny Depp was playing Grindewald. ..but, it was online, so I can't say for certain it's true.
He's definitely not British.
I wouldn't mind seeing Peter Capaldi  take a stab at it. He's capable of whimsy and fury.
How old is Dumbledore supposed to be in 1945?  Around  100? My brain's fuzzy.

it might be playing in town. Or, I might wait for the dvd, so I can keep my collection complete.

Nodding off. Love and safety to all. We're hours away, but know the Gatlinburg area well and am heartbroken over the fire damage there.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:28 am

Always, Thanks for the advice about facebook. I know some of the settings you can change but I don't remember that one.

Maxecat, I am so sorry to hear that.

There's a video interview with Jo where she explains why Depp is the perfect Grindelwad though I haven't watched it yet. It does seem strange that after being so protective for so long that everyone and everything stay British that she would pick someone who isn't.

I know they're looking for the young Dumbledore but nothing definite yet on the casting.

Weather is doing weird things here again. It was nice today with temps in the mid 70's but tomorrow it will be 10 degrees cooler. Looks like it will be in the 60's and rainy Saturday when we see John Cleese and Eric Idle on stage.

Enjoying the wintery images since we don't get snow.

Last edited by shrivelfig on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gramer error)
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:16 am

Good evening to all,

That is so terrible Maxecat. You are probably right about the mother and her mother being the cause of the supervised visits. Is Sheryl's son, Jim, still married to that awful woman? I hope not, how could he stay with her once he found out what she was doing? Don't answer that, I just feel so sorry for the children.

I did check out the actors in the 'Beastie' movie and found that not all of them are from across the pond, so JKR isn't being so selective with this group of films as she was with the first ones. I also checked out Jared Harris, he does look familiar, and I did read the list of everything he's been in but I just don't remember him from anything in particular. While I was on IMDB I saw that the next movie will be out in 2018 and the third one in 2020, there were no dates printed for the last two. Good grief! Will I still be here by the time they are all made??

Always, I was looking at the structure of this last cottage and was counting all of the fireplaces it has. That center chimney has three stacks in it and I'm assuming that one of them is for a fireplace, or potbellied stove, up on the second floor. It has stucco on some of the sides and a brick wall where the last addition is attached. Lovely quaint old place.

I'd like to officially start the holiday season off with one of my favorite things to eat at this time and that is fruitcake from Collin Street Bakery in Texas. The best I've ever had, my mother used to send me one every year. Oh, and I also found this from last year, I think it's called monkey bread, but not sure, anyway this is done up for the season too.

Hog's Head - Page 8 Fruitc10

Hog's Head - Page 8 Momkey10

Here are some street scenes from 'The good old days'..........................

Hog's Head - Page 8 Horse-10

Hog's Head - Page 8 Horse-11

Hog's Head - Page 8 Horse-12

Hog's Head - Page 8 House-10

Blessings for the brightest of new beginnings on this New Moon! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:42 am

Hog's Head - Page 8 Charlie-and-meg-roundhouse-pembrokshire-nifty-homestead
Charlie and Meg's Round House, Pembrokeshire, UK. Photo by Nifty Homestead.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a bowl of oatmeal with raisins and walnuts topped with Irish butter, plus a tall mug of coffee, please.

I suspect there are more non-British actors popping up in Fantastic Beasts since the story is no longer limited to just happening in Britain (at least not the first film) and the characters in it are not all British. There have been a couple of "actors we'd like to see as Dumbledore" lists popping up, but as with everything, time will tell!

Enjoyed watching my neighbor's Christmas display start taking shape. Plus hopefully he can use a couple of long pieces of pvc that are in my yard (probably left over from the replumbing that was done before I moved in). He's built an impressive arched structure with reindeer flying over his entrance. It's all the wife's concept... he just does the construction! They actually make a great team.

Here's to a healthy, healing, nargle-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:31 am

What a cute cottage. So fresh and pretty with that white wash and truly green roof. It reminds me a little of the Hobbit homes.
Always,  is your neighbor creating a specific tableau or going all Clark Griswold?

Hecate,  Jim is Sheryl ' s step son, but she raised him most of his life as his mother was unfit.
"Crazy as a loon" was one comment given me about her  (not from Sheryl,but a member of the community who knew her and her family )
When the emotional abuse of the baby was made public,it was revealed the mother had suffered at the hands of her own mom when she was young.
One of those hideous cycles. I think Jim ' s mom joined in to support him and the wife to further alienate    Sheryl . Families. ...

Hecate, Jared's most notable role to date came on Mad Men. If you closed your eyes you could hear Richard's voice. ..that Irish cadence and lilt.

We didn't do fruit cake,or jam cake, but mom made two different cookies that meant Christmas to us.
One was a basic sugar cut out with anise added. The other was a light version of Liebkuchen. They could keep for months and taste better the older they got. It had all those fruit bits in it.
I have a very old recipe which is much darker and it's Larry's favorite. Very time consuming and makes 12 dozen,so it's not happening this year.

Oh, I need to get moving. ...but Dobby's taking such good care of me.
hot cocoa and enormous bear claws. ..and luscious fresh fruit so at least I pretend it's healthy.

Hope today is fun and productive for you all.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:49 am

Hog's Head - Page 8 CobHouseOxfordshire-MichaelBuck-Newsteam-DailyMail
Cob House, Oxfordshire, UK. Built by & photo by Michael Buck / Newsteam-Daily Mail.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a couple of eggs, a slice of fruitcake, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Maxe... I think Clark Griswold or Tim Taylor would be closer role models for my neighbor. Laughing Well, maybe not quite as over the top! He rebuilt the arc for the reindeer yesterday (had to repair one of the light strings) and lowered it a bit, which will make it better for viewing. I'm in what's classified as a mobile home park (even though the homes are manufactured housing, not really "mobile") so space is more limited than in a traditional neighborhood. It's still rather amazing how much stuff some people can add to their homes for the holidays! Two doors down from me they've got a quite large inflatable stegosaurus who's wearing a Santa cap, plus another inflatable Santa who's parachuting into the yard. The inflatable decorations are very prolific here, I'm sure because they make a large visual impact but can store in a relatively small space. There are a lot of them around the park.

I'm almost done with getting my cards ready to go. Today (Dec 1) is my personal traditional day to mail, and I think I'll make it! (Last year I was early since I had the address change to send out.) The other personal tradition for today is to play Perry Como's "Oh, There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays" to make the season official. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHDgzQ6eQw4 Okay, Very Happy That's completed! The Christmas season is here.

Here's to a healthy, healing, nargle-less day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Always, outside of town we have many nice such parks. The manufactured housing of today is quite nice and quite spacious. Nice thing is the small yard space,but so many have built on patio and porches people can spread out.
Sounds like you have creative neighbors with a sense of fun. We're pretty sedate. If I did manage to get lights up,they'd be there in Spring in true redneck fashion. It's best to have some light in the windows. And the lit flamingo in the garden.

Hecate, one of your favorites, Holiday Affair is on TMC. Love it.

The holiday music has been on in our store since Thanksgiving. I like it,except when one gets caught in my brain.

Both Larry and I are starting to cough. We aren't the first. Not real flu, just a thing going around. Probably originated in schools. Do they bred special bugs there because there's always something passed around.

The decorations of Cob House are amusing. Wonder where this cottage sits? Alone among a group of trees or are there others clustered around....very casual yard work.

Will check in later when my head's not so fuzzy.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Halloooo! My email was down for over 24 hours - frustrating!

Maxie that is so frustrating for Sheryl! Vicious cycle, wish we could cure mental illness with a wand, but not so. *Spoiler*!!!! Depp is Grindelwald, revealed in the movie - from another character, so he is in the end of the film**** spoiler over.*.

Yes, because the new stories aren't just in England, they could branch out. And Drop has a good British accent, after playing a few British characters. Although Grindelwald is German? I was so shocked I didn't pay attention to his accent.

Always, fun that you get the show without having to put up a lot!

Maxie, glad that Dobby is treating you well! He's such a good elf. Massage with Paulo, in the Relaxation Room, on me. I don't understand why people have to be so messy, ew. It is almost a competition.

Hecate, one of those cards, I've seen it, received the top one. From you or Samtibbs? Love those!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:50 am

Good evening all,

I know I didn't make it here yesterday, fell asleep, slept most of the night and ended up turning the puter off a seven in the morning then going back to sleep. Wish I felt better, going to get to sleep right after this.

I missed Holiday Affair on TCM, Maxecat, but I'm sure they will show it again, although I do have it here on dvd. I did catch the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol the other day followed by Little Shop Around the Corner, with Jimmy Stewart. Great films, both of them. The Lifetime channel is starting with their holiday films now too. Such decisions.

I'd like to start the season off with a hardy "Bingle Jells" to one and all!

Hog's Head - Page 8 Animat10

Blessings for the happiest holiday season each of us has ever had! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:22 am

Hog's Head - Page 8 LochLomondCottage-qrtr2four_1
Cottage near Loch Lomond, Scotland. Photo by qrtr2four.

Good morning. Dobby, bring on a large coffee, and some of Winky's freshly baked Christmas cookies, please.

Had numerous computer issues today but after running two different thorough virus scans things seem to be back to normal.

Managed to get my cards into the mail on schedule, so that's a major "Christmas bucket list" item checked off. Now need some Christmas-y stuff going on... and tomorrow there are several. Don't know what I'll get to but I know I'll at least get to a couple of them.

Moving into the "yikes" time of year for the electric bill, which arrived yesterday. With heating plus having to keep a light on plus the computer or tv most of the day, those little hamsters are really spinning the wheel around. The next few months will probably be even more if the electrical usage chart is correct (and I'm sure it is). I did a bit better than last year, but it's still going to be peak time for usage.

Here's to a healthy, comfy, smooth-flowing day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Stormy weather for sure! Very fitting picture, Always. Do you have things like door stoppers, and insulation trim in your door frames? I can whip something together, for the doors, a little roll of fabric, stuffed with soft stuff, helps insulate from under the door. Or a towel rolled up, until you have something else.

Hecate, yes, that is a version of monkey bread! Have not seen it with whole pecans before! I like making it, haven't done many. Kind of like making fritters, but not such tiny chopped bits. Pretty pictures! Love them.

Grabbing lunch on the fly. We are doing a training session at the Station, 4 of us at a time. Lunch breaks had to be cut in half. Eating at my desk, actually. Kind of calm in here right now. Winky, can you elves whip up some Italian food today?
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:09 am

Good evening everyone,

My goodness, no one was here today?? Hope everyone is ok. Quiet day here, but I did get a call from Lois earlier this evening. She is just recovering from a stuffy nose cold thing that she acquired from Anisa while she was taking care of her while the others were on vacation. All the baby had was a stuffy nose but it really knocked Lois for a loop. We got all caught up on what's been happening, solved all of the world's problems, and totally defined genetics and hereditary factors from ancient times to now. She did say that we always manage to get on very interesting subject when we talk. Plus, now that she was feeling better and able to be up and around she was boiling down the turkey caracus for soup.

This last cottage with the pink trim and cloudy skies almost looks like it's a painting, certainly would make a great puzzle, or hooked rug for that matter. I'm almost done with the wabbit, just starting the last two pieces, the inside of the legs, and then that just leaves the tail. I had an idea and emailed Rebekah for her opinion. I was thinking of doing the tail with the ivory and the coral together to make a sort of salt and pepper affect to balance off the coral on the bottoms of the feet and the inside of the ears. She thought it was a 'cool' idea so I guess that's what I will do.

Speaking of bunnies, I found these cards.......................

Hog's Head - Page 8 Street12

Hog's Head - Page 8 Bunnie10

And a few more with animals............................

Hog's Head - Page 8 Animal10

Hog's Head - Page 8 Deer_210

Hog's Head - Page 8 Mice10

Hog's Head - Page 8 Dog_ba10

Hog's Head - Page 8 Cat10

Would anyone like some German style cookies? They are very close to the kind my grandmother used to make..............

Hog's Head - Page 8 German10

And some of my very favorite holiday cookies.......pfefferneusse..........Yum!.................

Hog's Head - Page 8 German11

Hope everyone is feeling well.

Blessings for a 'Jingly' day! Hecate3fold!

Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:46 am

Hog's Head - Page 8 CobHouseNewZealand-bookcoverimgs
Cob House in New Zealand. Photo by Book Cover Imgs.

Good morning. Dobby, today I'll go with a bowl of oatmeal, some bacon, and a large mug of green tea, please.

Karentia... Both my doors are pretty well sealed. The front door has a storm door over it, and the utility room door is a typical "trailer" door with an overlapping strip of aluminum around all the sides. It's just that manufactured houses, like mobile homes, don't have the wall or roof density of traditionally built homes so they tend to be hotter in hot weather and colder in cold weather than a "regular" house. That's just what is.

Hecate... cute cards. They're all fun, but I especially like the sleigh and tree with all the critters around.

Got interviewed via phone for the book review column of the local monthly "throwaway" paper yesterday. The book column always has a box with "Attention, readers. If you've read a good book lately..." etc., so I emailed a mention of Peter Davison's autobiography. The writer is supposed to email me his article next week for me to check it out before it gets printed. I'm glad of that since I didn't feel like I was quite up to snuff during the interview. I think lack of sleep due to too much coffee (even decaf) is affecting me yet again. Hence tea, bacon, and oatmeal for breakfast today to hopefully restabilize things. My Hogs Head meals are rarely the same as my muggle world meals, but today they match. There are a few Christmas-y events or displays going on today and I want to get to at least a couple of them, though I'm pretty sure I will skip the evening parade.

Here's to a healthy, energized, nargle-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum