Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 6 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 6 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Always Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:41 am

Hog's Head - Page 6 AutumnCottageAndBridge-MaximumWallHD
Autumn cottage by bridge. (Location unknown) Photo by MaximumWallHD.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a tall mug of coffee, some pumpkin spiced owl cookies, and a couple of chocolate hats, please.

Here's to a healthy, healing, dementor-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MJS Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:27 am

Walk through completed, paperwork signed! We now own the house! We get the keys and take possession on Friday. The title office was clear across town from the house, so on the drive back we stopped downtown and celebrated with ice cream and coffee. The place we went makes all their own ice cream and it was delicious! Tucson tied a record high temp yesterday at 89! Great day for ice cream.
So now we continue to pack up our stuff here at the park model and prepare for one more move. We are so fortunate to have the park model. It is nice that we don't have to rush the move-in and that the dogs can be comfortable until we get the furniture into the house.
Shrivelfig Your dog is adorable! My daughter has fostered a few American bulldogs and every one of them has been gentle and loving. I almost adopted one myself. She was too strong for me to walk on a leash or she would be mine. Just a lover but a really strong muscular dog. Michelle fostered her and her 9 newborn puppies. She had them for 8 weeks. I remember it was at Christmas time and we were constantly pulling the puppies out from under the Christmas tree. Hectic but fun.
Always I have so been enjoying your cottages! Such beautiful settings. Thank you for finding them for us.
Is anyone going to be attending the first showing of Fantastic Beasts? I am really looking forward to it but will have to wait until things are more settled here. I am a little sad about that. I bet the premiere shows will have lots of people attending in costume. Always so much fun to see what people come up with to wear.
OK Time to do a little work.
Have a wonderful day!
MJS
MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:29 pm

Congratulations on the new house, MJS. I hope you, Bob, and the kids find create wonderful memories there. 89°! Wow....that is toasty. But, it cools at night, doesn't it? Were you able to see the super moon?

Not much of interest going on.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:15 am

Good evening to all,

Sorry I didn't make it here last night, I fell asleep around ten thirty and woke up about three, turned everything off and slept till ten this morning. I guess I really needed more sleep.

MJS, Once you get settled in your new home we'll have to have a house warming party here at the Hog's Head for you.

I've been busy working of the 'wabbit', I just ordered more yarn because I'm using two yarns in every square to make it extra thick. I think I told you that I'm using Ivory instead of the white that came with the kit.....I'm already thinking of how I'm going to use that extra white. I've drawn several designs of graph paper. So far the one that I like best is made up of different sizes of overlapping circles.

Dobby, I'd love some hot peach cobbler and a mug of hot milk with sugar and nutmeg please.

Hog's Head - Page 6 Peach_10

Mmmmm, smells delicious! Thanks!

Hog's Head - Page 6 Woman_15

Hog's Head - Page 6 Man_tu11

Hog's Head - Page 6 Woman_16

Hog's Head - Page 6 Scene_17

Hog's Head - Page 6 Scene_15

Hog's Head - Page 6 Center16

Hog's Head - Page 6 Center17

Hog's Head - Page 6 Wreath18

Tonight we have some rice crispy treats made like pumpkins, some owl cuppy cakes, and some pumpkin cookies.

Hog's Head - Page 6 Crispy11

Hog's Head - Page 6 Cupcak15

Hog's Head - Page 6 Cookie25

And Dobby has made us another surprise.......some pumpkin pudding!

Hog's Head - Page 6 Puddin10

I'm ready for bed again.

Blessings for a restful nights sleep for everyone! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:42 am

Hog's Head - Page 6 ForestCabinWP-ForWallpaper
Forest cabin. Photo by For Wallpaper.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a bowl of Hecate's pumpkin pudding with a couple of pumpkin cookies, and a tall mug of coffee. Oh, okay, I'll add a couple of strips of bacon to make it breakfast. Thanks.

MJS... cheers Congrats on getting the keys to your new castle! So nice that you don't have to move stuff in at super speed. Having had to do that, believe me, it's not fun! (Plus you end up re-moving everything later!) This way you can actually enjoy the process (well, more or less, not counting sore muscles).

As to "Fantastic Beasts", not doing any first screening stuff, but I do want to see it. Probably will opt for a matinee, maybe during the week. Will see how it all works out, timing-wise.

Here's to a healthy, restoring, nargle-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Yup, I'm with you Always, going to a matinee next week or the week after, and to see Dr Strange. Been too busy or not feeling great, don't like sniffling during a movie. Well, if I'm crying that's one thing! Laughing Yes, I didn't duck quite so well, trying to get rid of sniffles. Hot chicken soup for me please.

Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:02 am

Good evening ladies. I just popped in to see if anyone was going to Fantastic Beasts tomorrow?  It looks like we are all waiting until later. I do want to see it, but I am a bit apprehensive. I don't want it to take away from my feelings for the Harry Potter series. I think I was a little offended that instead of a cute name like muggles, American muggles are "no maj".  Sorry but that sounds like something a person with no creativity would come up with. I get the feeling she endures Americans, but they are not her favorite. Anyway, I will go next week, perhaps Monday.

On the good side, tomorrow, Friday starts with a Harry Potter weekend! Talk about Thanksgiving!! :turkeyleg: Very Happy Smile  It will be a good way to kick off the week. I bought a 6 inch Hedwig stuffed owl. He is adorable. I was going to give it to baby Lily, but now I am thinking I will keep him for myself...

Karentia, I got your owl today. Thank you so much. I do hope you get feeling better soon. I think I will sit by the fire and have a cup of warm butter beer.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:06 am

Is it just me, or did the look of the page change?  Not sure if it is just phone version or all?  I'll text Weesa tomorrow, too late tonight.  Kinda like it, not sure.  Where did the edit and emojis go?  

Missy P, I'll be fine.  Ross said I am super sensitive to the weather changes, and the work he does on me - he didn't understand how sensitive I really was.  I knew most, but it's good to verify.  I have a virus in my small intestine, that is bogging me down.  He pushed the right buttons to get the body on the right track to fight it.

Could use some healing thoughts for Morgan.  She had an odd pain in her side, not quite her back, I told her to go to urgent Care (her doc is in Bellingham, and doesn't do same day stuff).  Long story short, she has a 5 1/2 centimeter cyst on her right ovary.  Ouch.  So, she needs to switch to a more local doc, and keep an eye on it - if it grows fast, or twists, surgery asap.  For now, naproxen for most days, and hard core stuff to sleep.  I met up with her as she finished getting her RX's, and we had Chinese food for dinner - she had worked a full 8 hours, plus the barn, had not eaten since 8:00 am, and we met up at Walmart at 5?  She needed a good feeding!  Plus our favorite is just a couple of blocks away from Wally's.  There was egg drop soup, egg rolls, BBQ pork, pork fried rice, and prawns with broccoli.  Yummy!  We both felt better.  Just one more reason she doesn't want to have children, to pass these painful problems along.  I had so many problems, and so much pain.  I hope they will finally allow her a hysterectomy.  Poor kiddo.  

Hugs to all.

Nevermind on the looks - got back to the Classic look!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:46 am

Hog's Head - Page 6 Glen_affric_autumn_cottage-GuyRogers-Scotland
Autumn cottage in Glen Affric, Scotland. Photo by Guy Rogers.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have toast with apple butter, some bacon, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Missyp... Yes, we all seem to be on similar wavelengths re "Fantastic Beasts". Though I do want to see it, it just doesn't have the same "magical" draw to me yet. I do hope that changes! I also agree that JKR, as much as I love and am grateful to her, does seem to have the fairly common European condescending opinion of Americans. I don't know... still holding a grudge from 1776? Laughing Maybe the rather wimpy "no maj" (and some of the other names/terms as well) is a symptom of her own desire to go on to other things mixed with a possible been-there-done-that attitude towards HP, but I'm sure there's been tremendous pressure and a lot of money on the table for more from the wizarding world. It just doesn't feel like her heart is in her recent stuff (has felt that way to me since the revised Pottermore went online.)

I might have gone to see it today but I have to go in for jury duty. Don't know if I'll get chosen to serve or not, but gotta do the drill.

Karentia... Your owl arrived safe and sound yesterday. Thank you! Gave the owl a few treats and some water before she headed back off to Hogsmeade.

Here's to extra healing and wellbeing energy, plus a dementor-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:23 pm

Missy P, keep the Hedwig for yourself! Lily can visit Hedwig when she comes to Grandma's house! Best of both worlds.

First day done on the bazaar. Not bad, not fabulous, but not bad. I sold a little over $100 worth of goods, quite a mix of things. So glad I came up with all my crafts! And made some new friends, and have some new ideas for some lace I have been stock piling. Hoping we get more folks tomorrow.

Hmmm, some kind of beef pot pie for dinner sounds good, with a small dish of ice cream for dessert. Perfect. Happy weekend to all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:21 am

Good evening all,

So sorry to hear about Morgan, will definitely send healing thoughts for her. I have an unrelated question about her.....is she now living on the place with her father and does she now have the horses to ride? I hope so.

Good to hear from you Missy Potter. I agree with Karentia, keep the owl for yourself and that way the grandkids will be able to see it when they come to visit. There were certain things that I had here at my grandmothers to play with when I came to visit too.

I love this last picture of the lake and fall colors Always.... a picture can't get much more perfect than that/ Would love to spend time there.

A long time ago I think I bought the book 'Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them', but of course it was just an alphabetical list of the special animals from the Potter world.....no story. I will have to wait until it is released on video before I will be able to see it, I'm just hoping that it will have some of the magical qualities that were written into the books. Am I right in thinking that this was just written for the screen and there was no book that it was taken from? I'm sort of with the rest of you and not wanting to be let down with poor story and no real mystery connected with it. Time will tell.

I did it again last night, fell asleep early and woke around five am to turn off the puter, then I cut up some pads that I use under me and fell back to sleep around seven and woke at my usual time this afternoon. I'm almost ready for sleep again, that's why I'm here a little earlier today.

Was thinking of you today Magical Music Dreamer, are you alright? You just popped into my mind very strongly. Wish you would stop by more often, you are missed when you aren't here.

My supply of vintage postcards is starting to dwindle but I think I will have enough 'un-seen' ones to take us through to the big feast day.

Hog's Head - Page 6 Girls10

Hog's Head - Page 6 Grandm10

Hog's Head - Page 6 Kids_211

Hog's Head - Page 6 Card_212

Hog's Head - Page 6 Card11

Hog's Head - Page 6 Card12

Hog's Head - Page 6 Center18

Hog's Head - Page 6 Center19

Hog's Head - Page 6 Wreath10

Hog's Head - Page 6 Wreath19

Tonight we have some cake, cuppy cakes, and pie!................

Hog's Head - Page 6 Cake-f11

Hog's Head - Page 6 Cupcak16

Hog's Head - Page 6 Cupcak17

Hog's Head - Page 6 Pie_510

Blessings for a comfy cozy night by the fire! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:00 am

Congratulations on your house MJS. Sounds great!
Sorry that Morgan is ill Karentia. Hope she is better fast.
Your dog is cute Shrievelfig.
Glad you had a successful canning season samtibbs.
Maxecat I talked to Erin awhile ago. She had to move this year. Said it had been Hell. Poor lady.
I am enjoying basketball season. I imagine you are too.
Love the cottages Always!
Hecate I have been sleeping a lot. My blood pressure pills knock me out. I don't like to oversleep, but I have to take them. You post lovely pictures.

On the plane I saw a cute movie called "Chocolat." I would like to see Doctor Strange.
Hope you all are happy and well.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:58 am

Hog's Head - Page 6 Rose-Cottage-Ireby-Cumbria-goodcottageguide
Rose Cottage, Ireby, Cumbria, UK. Photo by goodcottageguide.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd like some sausage and eggs, a slice of Hecate's pumpkin pie, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Karentia... healing thoughts are on their way to Morgan.

Well, jury duty was a done deal. Got selected, the case was heard, and we rendered a guilty verdict all by 2:30. It was really quite a straightforward case (a DUI) with dashcam video from the highway patrol car to back up the officer's testimony. All the jurors were in agreement, though we did discuss everything thoroughly to be as fair as possible. I think we all felt sorry for the defendant, but driving while intoxicated is not good. It was interesting but I'm glad to be through with that "limbo" phase of having to call in to find out if I'd have to come in.

I was glad to find Harry and pals on tv when I got back. The wizarding world (especially the first two films) is always a great place to visit!

Here's to a healthy, healing, restoring day for all...

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:09 am

In Virginia Beach with the kids.
Magnum, the younger kitty,is very shy and is now in hiding.
The kids rental house is quite large and unfortunately, there are too many places for a cat to find for security.

We're taking a brunch cruise on the river later. It's nice catching up.

Larry's on the Petite Jury but in cases of theft,fraud or bad checks, he usually is excused because as a former store owner and currently in retail he's been affected by theft in the past.

I'm sorry to hear Erin's been having such a difficult time,Magical Music Dreamer. She's such a nice lady.
The Chocolat film ...the one set in France with Juliette Binoche? Just watched it myself Thursday.  I think there's another by the same name,but I'm not sure familiar with it.

I'll wait to see Fantastic Beasts. I assume there's a lot of CGI and I prefer actual acting and character development over animation. How much contribution did Jo put into this project? I agree with Always about the no-mag for American non wizards. Why couldn't they be called muggles? Are non magical people in France or Germany called muggles?
It's an ugly sound, isn't it? No-mag. ...

Getting ready to start out for the ship. Ahoy mates!
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:44 am

Thanks everyone. If you think Liam is cute now you should have seen him as a puppy. He was absolutely adorable.

My mom's birthday is the 22nd and she wants to see Fantastic Beasts for her birthday movie. So we are going to see it on the 21st in 3-D and then have birthday dinner on the the 22nd. We are going to a Brazilian Steak House where the waiters being around giant skewers full of different cuts of meat and you tell them what and how much you want.

From what I've read no-maj i(at least I think I read it with a j and not a g on the end) s short for non-magical people. I remember reading years ago the term muggles was based of off a British slang term. I'm guessing she doesn't know many American slang terms that would be appropriate.

Jo actually wrote the screenplay.
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:22 am

Good evening ladies!  Oh shrivelfig, I have been to one of those Brazilian restaurants. It was so much fun to try all the different meats. Have a wonderful time.

Yes, JKR did write this screen play herself. The HP sites say it is good, but a little slow at times. They hope she picks up the pace in the next one. Hypable did a review of the 5 most surprising things. You can read it if you don't mind spoilers. Again, it seems she sees America as a violent and unrefined country. If you read the review you will know to which I speak. Not sure if I will have time to go this week. I finally have the window treatment people coming this week. Then there is Thanksgiving.  

We are not having anyone for Thanksgiving this year. All of the family is elsewhere. We will be very quiet and probably eat out. I will have carved turkey breast on had with rolls and cranberry sauce for supper and the next day. Unless we get the big storm some of the meteorologists are talking about. Then we will stay home, watch football and snack.

Well Hedwig has been sitting on my desk since she arrived and I talk to her and pet her throughout the day. I'm afraid I am very attached and Lily will have to be happy with other gifts. I am keeping her!! After all she is 8 months old...really. She is the cutest little owl. Well off to watch HP.  It is weird to go from GOF to HBP.
Have a good evening all.

Last edited by missypotter on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 am

Good evening to all,

I don't know why it is but every time they have a Harry weekend they always leave out one of the films. Last time it was on they didn't show GOF. I wonder what their theory behind it is?

Hope you are having a great time Maxecat. I'll be happy to post some pictures for you when you get back if you'd like me to.

Sending loving healing thoughts your way Magical Music Dreamer, rest up when you have to. I know there are two movies called Chocolat. and have seen them both. The one with Juiette Binoche, Judy Dench, and Johnny Depp is one of my favorite movies. I must have seen it five or six times. It has such a magical element running through it. Leslie Caron also has a small part as one of the elderly widowed sisters......I just went to IMDB to find out how to spell 'Caron' and saw that there was a new film just out in 2016 called Chocolat about a French clown who became very famous, perhaps that was the one you are referring to being that you saw in on a plane flight. Haven't seen that one yet. But as I said I just love the one with Johnny Depp and Juiette Binoche.

MissyPotter, it sounds like you have found yourself a magical familiar. Enjoy the energies he supplies for you. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving, even though it will be on the quiet side for a change. Are you having new drapes put in the house?? If so what colors or patterns have you decided on?

More vintage postcards......................................

Hog's Head - Page 6 Woman_17

Hog's Head - Page 6 Card_213

Hog's Head - Page 6 Card_113

Hog's Head - Page 6 Girl_t17

We also have a few sweet tasty things too...........................

Hog's Head - Page 6 Cake-f12

Hog's Head - Page 6 Cookie26

Hog's Head - Page 6 Cookie27

Hog's Head - Page 6 Center20

Hog's Head - Page 6 Center21

Hog's Head - Page 6 Wreath20

Hog's Head - Page 6 Wreath21

Blessings for a wonderful Thanksgiving week for everyone! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:08 am

Morning all

Karentia hope Morgan gets to feeling better soon and yes I hope they allow her to get her parts out, it was the best surgery I ever had, se ding healing thoughts her way! Hope you also can stay ahead of the bouts you have been having as well, take some you time now and again!, hugs dear!

Maxie sounds like you are having a great time enjoy and make the best of it, hugs dear!

Hecate love all the vintage cards, know you have tons for Christmas as well, thanks for posting them, hope you have a super week, hugs dear!

MMD drop by often even if you don't stay long we miss you when you are gone! Hugs dear!

Missy yep sometimes you just have to admit something belongs with you, enjoy her and the grand kiddos can all enjoy her when they drop by! What are you doing to your windows? Curtains, shades ? Send picts hugs dear!

Always as usual you find the perfect cottages for the season, thanks for sharing, hope you have a super week, hugs dear!

Shrivelfig hope you and mom have a super time at the show think I willl hold off watching it as well, although the trailers are interesting, have a great week hugs dear!

Weesa hope all is going well with you and yours, we haven't seen you in ages, hugs dear!

Hello to MJS, lady, muggleborn and whom ever else might drop by!

Dobby I would love to have an omelet with lots of spinach mushrooms and cheese, perfect Alberforth a mug of your house blend please thank you both! Think I will add some of Hecate's cookies as well perfect!

Well if Jo thinks we are rough and violent and judging from her comments about our new coff president then I can understand why she makes it sound ike we have little or no couth as my dad used to say, hope they did a good job on her writing!

Have a wonderful day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:35 am

Hog's Head - Page 6 StoneCottage
Lovely little stone cottage. (source/location unknown)

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a couple of Hecate's Thanksgiving cookies, scrambled eggs, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Here's to health and healing, a day filled with smiles, and a day free of nargles for all....
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Halloooo!  Doing well for coughing most of the day, still have a voice, for the moment.  

Maxie, have a grand time you your kids!

Morgan will have to have it removed, we just won't know when until she gets set up with a new doc.  Until then, it can be sensitive at times.  She has an implant for her birth control, and because of it, her periods are further apart.  Makes it souch easier on her, but I wonder how much that contributes to the cyst issues.  Thanks for all the good thoughts.  Yes, Hecate, she is living with her dad.  No, those horses went to another home.  The property needs a new fence.  And major cleaning and refilling of the pasture areas - there were huge piles left over from the tree removals, and I have no idea if he's been able to clean any of it up.  Three or four piles, almost 2 stories tall.  Yikes.  So, they are in the future.

Morgan is working her job, plus five days a week at the barn.  The current gal who is supposed to be the main one at the barn is pregnant, and the doc told her to stop until after baby has arrived.  Of course it's fall/winter, when the horses need more care and feeding.  Hey, it keeps her in spending money - this is Morgan's Christmas fund Very Happy

MMD healing and wakeful thoughts!  Enjoy basketball season!

I just found out the second bazaar I was lined up for was cancelled.  Over half the vendors ditched them for other events - evidently there are 6 other major shows in the area, Snohomish county.  So, not enough folks left.  I will regroup, Matt and frame more stuff, but mostly shift things over to sewing.  Maybe I will keep the desk in the living room as space for my paper crafting while the room is for sewing?  Who knows.  I just know that when I can't sleep, I go in there to organize something, it calms, soothes, and helps my mind prepare for sleep.  

And now I have time to go see both FB and Dr Strange.  Oh, also got a commission for a Dr Who themed W, for my friend who does the horse shoe art - for her daughter.  Cool!

Dinner calls, perhaps a nice steak Dobby?  Thank you!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Back home. About a nine hour drive. We discovered a supermarket from my youth had opened a couple hours from Virginia Beach. We stopped to get some favorite foods from New York State. One of the employees had come from my hometown and his sister lived two blocks from my house. Can you say very small world?

The cruise was fun. There was a wedding party and some birthday parties being celebrated on board. It was very interesting to see the harbor from the water. Food turned out to be traditional Thanksgiving fare. Very nice.

The one frustrating note. Little tabby cat, Magnum, is very skittish around strangers and he disappeared when we came in. It's a 3500 square feet house with 3 floors and many places for a kitty to hide and maybe get in trouble. There isn't a way to escape the house we don't think but it's been almost 40 hours since they've seen him. We hoped that when we left, he'd come out but I'm waiting to hear. Colin is convinced he's been hurt and is dying and while we can't see how it could happen, we can't offer any comfort.
He loves his boys.

Back to regular life tomorrow. Because of work and with the relatives all heading for in laws this year, we'll probably do our holiday dinner next Sunday. Just us two.

Hope Morgan is feeling more comfortable.
And Magical Music Dreamer is less sleepy from her meds.

Pretty sleepy myself but that's only because I was stuck in a car for hours. We did get to see some nice fall colors. Funny, Friday was in the high 70s and 80°...today, 30s.
Will see you tomorrow. Love to all.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:45 pm

Ok, Hecate, I saw today online that there is a book being released for this movie.  Should be soon.  Yes, Jo wrote this screenplay, and there are up to five movies for this group?

I was thinking about the 'no-maj' comments.  This is during the roaring 20's, where slang really starting jumping out of f everyone's mouths, and could be a product of the era.  Or I'm totally wrong, just a thought.  

I've seen bits from the movie, different bits, looks pretty fast moving to me!  I'm fine with CGI when it's done well, and this looks amazing.  But that is the deep fantasy artist inside me, loving to see a better version from in my head on the screen!  

Maxie, is there any sign of Magnum eating or using a litter box? Are they leaving all the inside doors open, in case he got in a closet? That's just my best clue. Hope he surfaces soon! Glad you had a good break! And finding a former friend/neighbor connection from a grocery store? Fantastic!

Just my current thoughts.  Hugs!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:55 am

Hog's Head - Page 6 Bowtruckle-Pickett
Hog's Head - Page 6 Niffler-fantastic-beasts

Good morning. Dobby, I'll go for a pumpkin walnut waffle topped with an egg, plus a tall vanilla latte, please.

Maxe... Good luck with your kitty. I'm sure you're leaving food and water out, plus the litter box. Hopefully that will get him back into the open.

Went to see "Fantastic Beasts" yesterday, and I did enjoy it. It's certainly a very fun watch. I'm not over the top since (for me anyhow) it was too much cgi - excellently done, however, which does mitigate that considerably. Personally I'd have liked a bit slower pace to enable some richer conversation and character building. This was pretty wham-bam action for a majority of the film. Oh, no spoilers, but I did love the way they tweaked the next film near the end of this one. Still, all in all, it was great to be back in the wizarding world. Thankfully they got many of the same production team (primarily Stuart Craig) from the former HP films, so it was quite consistent in look, and the production levels were very high quality. There was no real accommodation to newbies to the HP realms... spells, terms, etc. (except for explaining "no maj") were just used without explanation (frankly, I liked that!). And I did come away with wanting to have a niffler and a bowtruckle around the house. Laughing  One thing about the way they're doing these films (I've heard there will be five?), is that since there's no prior book, there will be no complaints about how much the film differs! The book that will be coming out is the screenplay, so, of course it will match. Clever JKR.

Here's to a healthy, healing, smooth-flowing day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:47 am

A few minutes ago I received word Magnum was found. Somehow he had made it from third to second floor via the crawl spaces in the house. The house had a lot of access panels and when they heard him crying they were able to reach him.

Cats. ....

Miss Maddie was not very cooperative at the kennel but she's now sitting on my chest quite happy being queen again.

World is back to normal.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Hog's Head - Page 6 Harryp10
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down