Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 1 of 35 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head Empty Hog's Head

Post  muggleborn Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:47 am

Always I am so happy for you! What a wonderful experience!

Karentia, glad the storms weren't too terrible.

Hecate, I love all the pics! Hmm, maybe I should get a mirror and a candle on Halloween and see what I can see. lol

The raccoons are adorable. Until last night, when I was trying to sleep and they kept making noises, Sunny barked, this was ongoing. Woke up to a few overturned pots and dirt everywhere. Ok, not so adorable. It's just the one that is doing it. He also has figured out how to slide my screen door open. Rolling Eyes I keep the slider closed and locked at night. One young one last night was rolling around and playing in the bird bath until all the water was sloshed out. That was cute. And the half blind momma had both of her babies last night, had me worried because the night before she only had one. I see dead raccoons on the road by my house all the time, so far it hasn't been one of them.

I think I see a nap in my future. But first, another cup of coffee.
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Hog's Head Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Karentia Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:28 pm

That was such a fantastic weekend! Love the shirts, and even better that one was designed by you! Glad he was so enticed by your detailed dedication. Yes, it will be good to have AR all together, much better.

Napping is the word of the day.

Muggleborn, hard thing about raccoons, they are cute, but clever and destructive. Plus they can carry disease. Just be careful, please. Yes, actually it's sunny outside! There is some clean up to be done, I had 2 boards fall over, and a bunch of leaves from who knows where! I kept saying on Sunday, don't worry about leaves, they will keep blowing all the way to the next county! But some got stuck here. Laughing They will wait.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:36 am

Good evening all,

I'm so tired tonight, I have to get to sleep, in fact I've already done so once, and I'm just here so I can shut the puter down for the night. Thanks so much for filling us in on the shirts Always, and for the explanation of what those cottages were originally. O\h, Always, you do have a life......your are doing exactly what Joseph Campbell always said people should do,.....you are following your BLISS.

Hog's Head Joseph10

Will be more alert tomorrow.

Blessings for a blissful nights rest! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:44 am

Napped most of the day, now wide awake since no tv on. Poop. May move back to the couch....

Tried mah jong, fb, and my dragon Vale game. Tried ibuprofen and Tylenol, but just took those, they take time. I am tired, but now kind of wound up, boo. Hecate, hope you sleep well. My eyes have been so tired, just don't want to open them up, hence the multiple naps.

Guess I'll go back to mah jong....
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:39 am

Hog's Head VillageLifeInWales-EMtravel
Village Life in Wales. Photo by E-M Travel.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a large vanilla coffee, and a bacon and egg sandwich, please.

Playing catch up for some time to come... new things to do plus the standard stuff... the new projects are by far more interesting but the standard stuff still has to be done!

Here's to a healthy, productive day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:51 pm

How fun is your life right now, Always!  Excellent adventures.  Thank you for sharing with us.

I thought those conical buildings were oast houses. I watched a Brit based decorating show transform one into a livable cottage. Cute.

Muggleborn, Larry's cousin loves feeding the raccoons  who live in the neighboring cemetery. He feeds them dog food and fruits. He's careful not to get close but they are very accepting of his  presence.
Yours are so cute. Have they knocked over any pots?

I made French Onion soup for dinner even though it's 80°....grilling some sandwiches,too.

Hecate,  Maddie has no tail. It had been broken and amputated a long time ago. I've always been careful of her hindquarters because of potential "hot nerves" I was stroking the side of her head which usually brings the loudest purrs. As she ages,she seems to become more eccentric. She usually spends time on my chest before I fall asleep, but these days I'm nervous having her that close to my face.
A watch and see situation. ...

Getting hungry sounds from my dear husband, so I'm off to bubble some cheesy soup.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  MJS Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:36 pm

Happy Wednesday! Had a nice surprise this afternoon in the post. Thank you Karentia! That will be my Halloween decoration this year! It is prominently pinned to the middle of our bulletin board. Bob appreciated the mint patties too. He got them before I did.
Found a stylist to cut my hair today that did a good job and was reasonably priced as well. Also found a nail salon next door for my tootsies also reasonably priced with very nice people. The temps are still in the 90's, albeit low 90's, but it cools off very nicely in the evening so we can open up the windows and get in nice fresh air. We are still enjoying pool time in the afternoon and the stellar sunsets in the evenings.
We have met with 3 landscaping companies. May have to get a 4th bid. The first one was jaw dropping expensive. The second was still high but less so, haven't heard from the third guy yet but should have his estimate by Friday. Then we shall have to either get a 4th bid or sit down and trim the wish list with the other two. Everything else is coming together. We are a month out from move in and getting even more excited, if that is even possible.
We have heard coyotes howling late late at night, or rather very early in the morning. Spooky sound. Haven't seen any again though. I'm still looking for javelinas. I hear they are around but haven't seen any for myself. The landscapers doing maintenance for the resort found all kind of rattlesnakes right by the cinderblock fence gate we use to go walk the dogs. Must of been a nest of young ones. Apparently it is rattlesnake "season" right now, when they are active and mate and so on. By spring I need to get my pups into a training class so they learn how to leave the snakes alone. I am so afraid one of them will go poking a nose into a dangerous situation without training. It is as much for me as them. I guess the snakes are more active in the spring and fall so classes will be offered again next year so I will enroll them then. Wish I had known about it sooner this year.
Karentia, Missypotter, and Always, the storms up your way sounded bad. I hope you all came through unscathed. MMD, I saw that the LA area had rain for the first time in a long time. Was it a downpour? Or just a normal rain?
Have any of you grown strawberries in containers? And did you have any luck with them? I have read that October is the time to plant/grow strawberries in this area. We would love to do that and appreciate any tips.
OK time to fix a late dinner. Bob wanted to watch the debate. Personally I cannot stand even the sound of Mr Trump's voice, let alone what he says so I am hanging out in the front of the park model watching another channel. Have a great Thursday everyone!
MJS
MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:18 am

You are welcome MJS! Oooo, training is a very good idea, no punctured puppies. Wish I could give advice on hiring the landscapers, good luck. Glad you found a stylist! It is hard to find a good one, that gets your style right away. And boo on Bob for not sharing! Poop. Haha Laughing

Better today. Only napped this morning. Had my visit with Ross, ahhh, hurt, but is good. Will do errands tomorrow. At least my nose stopped draining.

I can't believe I'm going to start my overseas Christmas cards soon - have a reminder in my phone for it. But, to get them done, and to everyone before the holiday....

Always, have fun juggling your priorities! I get it! Can hardly wait to see your walls when you are done!

Maxie, I'm sorry to hear about Maddie's tail, that is sad. And that she has become unpredictable? Very sad. Do you have any toys to interact with her? Something like ribbon with a crumpled paper tied to it? Try a little play before bed? Hugs.

Hope everyone is doing well - happy Thursday. Hugs and good thoughts to all.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:58 am

Good evening to all,

Go good to hear from you MJS.  I had never heard of dog training to be wary of snakes, I'd be interested in knowing just how its done. I imagine there could be several ways of doing it. Let me know what the procedures is please. I was very curious when you wrote about not seeing any javelinas, had to go look them up but once I saw the other name of peccary, then I knew what you were talking about.  Thought they were more indigenous to Texas though, but then you're not that far from there.  So glad that you are not too far away from your final move, and then you will be able to permanently put everything where it belongs.  I'm sure it'd difficult with things still packed in boxes waiting to be moved again.

You are right Maxecat, be careful about having her close to your face, wish there was a way of knowing what caused it in the first place, but it may be something that will not happen again.  Hoping so.

Oh, I just remembered......I have a picture of Rebekah that Lois sent to me.  She's out walking in the woods behind the college...in her favorite footware.

Hog's Head Rebeka10

Oh, and I just remembered something else too. Want to let Weesa know that since I've started posting the Halloween pictures the posting program has been working correctly again. When I go edit or change something all of the letters&numbers are there so I can delete a picture like I used to do. Don't know if you really did anything but it's working OK now.

Hog's Head Apples10

Hog's Head Card_410

Hog's Head Card10

Hog's Head Ef1e1810

Hog's Head Fairy_10

Hog's Head Girl_110

Plus something tasty to go with the pictures..........................

Hog's Head Spook810

Hog's Head Hotdog10

Blessings for a mystically magical night! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:01 am

Morning all

Always what a fun weekend neat you had a chance to be a part of it all, and neater still he now knows your name, thanks for sharing your adventures and your picts with us, hope you have a chance to have many more!  Hope you are having a great week, hugs dear!

MMD hope you are doing well, did you get much rain?  We got a few deluges but fortunately they didn't last too long, several days of nice drizzly rain, a pleasant break from a summer of none at all!  Hope you have a super week hugs dear!

Hecate since you always want to know, I have been busy, bought a box of green tomatoes from my favorite fruit stand, along with 100 pounds of onions, have been drying onions will chop some up and freeze them as well, then was given another box of green tomatoes from the church where we have oour fit and fall program so I canned 18 quarts of green tomato relish, then the apple treeout front was ready so started canning applesauce, so far I have 14 quarts from the wind falls, should easily get another 20 or so, will be great this winter, great pict of Bekkah, and I love the vintage cards and such, thanks for posting all of them, hugs dear!

MJS yep you want to train the pups rattlesnakes warn you but the babies don't make much noise and their  bite is as potent as an adults but just not as much but they usually are in groups so lots more of them, since they are snakes they are temp controlled and in the summer it gets too hot so they crawl into dark holes in rocks or such to stay cool, not good if you have to go under houses or have cool shady spots in your yard, then in the winter they hibernate, so they aren't much problem, neat you are so close to moving in and that you found stylists that work for you, should find pecaries out in the foot hills areas, I know the Zuni were very suprised to discover we didn't have them up here, a very southern warm area creature, have fun getting settled, keep us informed as to how it is going, have a super week, hugs dear!

Karentia sounds like you are still a bit peekish, take care of your self, eat right, get plenty of sleep and listen to your body, hugs dear! Glad the storms weren't worse or what they predicted!

Maxie our cumma cat is like that, he can be the most lovin affectionate and wonderful cat one minute and the next wow not so, but he was half ferral so he has always been that way, maybe your kit cat is arthritis or such and there are times when she just hurts and doesn't know what else to do, hope you can figure it out for both of you, sometimes a grilled sandwich and a bowl of yummy soup is just right even when it is 100 outside, enjoy!  Hope you have a super week, hugs dear!

Missy hope you are feeling better let us know what is happening your way, did you fare okay from the storms?  Has your son heard any more about his health problems? Thinking of you, have a good week, hugs dear!

Muggleborn racoons are adorable to a point, they  an eat you out of house and home, stealing dog and cat food by the bag full, they tip pots the males are territorial and mark their area with spraying and stud piles, I was delighted when my resident thief decided he didnt like the dog and left taking his family with him  enjoy them from a distance, hugs dear!

Hello to Weesa, lady, Shrivelfig and whom ever else might drop by, hugs all!

Dobby I would love to have an omelet with lots of spinach mushrooms and cheese, perfect Alberforth a mug of your house blend please thank you both!

Fire while I eat then off to the races, have a great day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:25 am

Hog's Head Halloweencottage
Halloween cottage. (source unknown)

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a slice of pumpkin pie topped with an egg, plus a large mug of coffee, please.

Starting work on the new photos. Toured town seeing what's out there in frames. Have to do that before redoing any walls (need to know what space is required). I'm also reframing a 16x20 of Peter as King Arthur since he automatically signed with his "Doctor V" subtitle, then groaned an "oh no" and added "& King Arthur!" underneath. Smile But it went nearly to the edge and the existing frame cuts into the writing. Can't have that. Rolling Eyes Fortunately, I do have a larger frame that I've never used which will work great. I bought some dark red fabric for the matting while I was out yesterday and it will be perfect. My life in the ongoing gallery.

Get to do a bit of seasonal stuff later today when I go downtown to a Halloween-themed reception at my realtor's office. She sent out invitations to all her client base and is giving each person a free pumpkin! So at least I'll have one pumpkin out.

Maxe... Ah, French onion soup! That was my choice for dinner on Sat when four of us fans went to Applebee's for dinner together. Everyone else ordered big meals, but I didn't want so much and finally spotted French onion soup on the menu. It was perfect!

Here's to a healthy, productive, energized day for all...

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:44 pm

Always, it's such a simple meal,but can be, oh,so satisfying.
As Karentia will verify,my favorite FO soup is from Mon Ami Gabi in Las Vegas. Heaven in a bowl.
My version last night didn't have homemade beef broth and I had to substitute a splash of wine instead of cooking Sherry,but it turned out pretty good.  My goodness, the onions were sharp, though!  Whooo!  Burning eyes.

Gloomy drizzly day and I have the whole day off. Puttered around the house but mostly finished up a fairy lantern for Tessa (DanDan). Poor girl. She's 14 now,so her parents think,and very bright but has a romantic, childlike streak that still has her believing, or wanting to believe in fairy folk.
I've wanted  her to start HP for several years but for some reason her mom,the retired teacher/librarian isn't keen on it. They've seen all the films and Tessa is a voracious reader,so I'm not sure why the hesitation. ...Guess the years of whimsy are coming to an end in regards to Christmas gifts so I want to go full out. Still blocked as to an accompanying story but there's 65 days.

Storm's a brewing outside. ..whoo. ....dark and windy....

Always, your FB share with Peter is so fun. ...and the note from Harpo, so sweet. You have such a lovely gallery of friends.

Sounds like you're really settling in, MJS. Once you find your dentist and stylist... Hearing about doggy training for snakes watching. ..and the fear of coyotes attacking pets....life seems simpler here.

love to all...going to finish the kitchen while I have power.

Oh, samtibbs,Karentia, and Weesa. ..you know how the Dragonvale wizards kind of rock side to side when they walk?  Almost a waddle? CCTV at the store shows me walking like that  this days! Not quite a limp or waddle, but my walk is looking very cartoonish these days.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Laughing Maxie, I can picture that. All of us must look that way from an above angle. Very Happy

Hecate, I passed the message to Weesa for you! Beautiful picture of Bekah! Love how the leaves match her hair.

Always, what kind of stores do you have closeby? Jo-Ann's, Michael's? Hobby Lobby? A local shop? Curious. I think that is sweet that he signed for both Dr Who and the King! Oops happen, and make it more unique!

Doing really well today - pretty much back on track. Slept in one more day, for 5:00 am tomorrow is coming soon now... Probably not the way to do it, but meh. I'll go to bed early. Having a taco salad before I go to the store - no need to binge shop on the wrong stuff.

Hugs to all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:12 am

Hello ladies! Well let's see. We did fine in the storm. The 2 running up to the big one were worse than the big one. As Karentia said, it stayed just off shore far enough that we were fine (yea for power on the HP weekend). There were people on the coast and in other areas that had a very bad time. Now it is pouring rain and a flood warning in effect. Luckily I live up on a plateau and not by any rivers.

Today it was raining so bad I decided to wait to run my errands and clean out my refrigerator. It was in need and took me and my band knees and back several hours to take everything apart, wash it, sort through items and put everything back. By the time I was done, the sun was out and it made for a much better day. I went to See's Candies to get suckers for hubby to pass out on Halloween. I love going there and getting my free sample. I love you I love you I picked a lemon truffle.

I also did some Christmas shopping today. I am trying to get all of that done ahead of time so I can clean and organize right before everyone arrives. Hubby and I are much better from our "grandchildren infections". I think I will get my flu shot next week when I go in for my mammogram. It will be a couple of weeks since I was ill.

Samtibbs I am so jealous of all your canning. I, too, love hearing what you are doing. I love homemade applesauce. My Mom used to can it and it was wonderful. It sounds like you have been very busy. No news on my son's health. I think they are visiting next with a surgeon. The experts seem to think it is his gall bladder even though the tests didn't show it was that bad. I have heard that can happen with gall bladders. Also one of his students walked up to his desk when his back was turned and threw an apple at the back of his head. He had a concussion and terrible headaches and flashing in his head for a few days. We are just glad it didn't trigger a seizure. They really don't pay teachers enough money.

Always, it sounds like you had the weekend of a lifetime. Thank you for sharing it with us. I have all my Halloween decorations up and candy bought. Bring on the trick or treaters. I hope all the ladies are doing well and enjoying October. It is flying by so quickly.

Dobby I will have some French Onion soup over by the fire please.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:09 am

Good evening to all,

Good to hear from you MissyPotter, I was wondering where you were. Sounds like you have everything under control for the up coming holidays and will be well prepared for when the family returns to celebrate. I certainly hope that whoever tossed that apple got what was due to him. That was so unbelievable to hear that a young child would do such a thing in a classroom. If I remember right you said that he teaches second grade?? They should know better by that age. What did the parents say when they found out what he did??.....Blew my mind to read that something like that was actually done to a teacher. Hope he's doing ok now, and that the drs. are able to get the gall bladder thing under control too.

Yes Samtibbs, you have been one busy girl in the kitchen but will be well prepared for the winter months ahead. Have you had any time for crafts work?? I really like what you did with that Brazilian embroidery. Working on anything similar?

I had an impromptu party tonight, but there were only six of us total.....five men and me!!!!! Around eight this evening I had to get to the bathroom and thought that I smelled gas once I got into the hallway, but of course there is no way that I can get to the kitchen to check it out so I let it go and went back to my chair but about an hour later I started smelling in in the living room too. I called the non emergency number for the cop shop and told the guy who answered the phone my situation, and that my caregiver was here today and that now I was smelling gas and maybe one of the burners wasn't turned all the way off on the stove. Within minutes there was a cop here plus one of the fire trucks with four more men, one of them being the alderman in my ward, who is the same person that is Jeff's friend and is now taking care of my lawn with his landscaping business. He just lives a block behind me and was a few doors down the street from Jeff's house. Well anyway, the fire guys were in the kitchen for quite a while and I finally asked Bob, my alderman who is the volunteer driver of the firetruck, what they were doing in there so long. All they really needed to do was relight one of the pilots that went out. Come to find out, after using their special gas detecting equipment they did discover that one of the pilots was out...... but they were not aloud to relight it....all they could do was turn the gas off behind the stove and it was up to me to 'get it repaired'. How dumb is that !!! I'm sure it's to protect them from being sued if some thing went wrong. Well, Bob said he would stop back here tomorrow, turn the gas back on and relight the burners for me. I told him that after time a white powder builds up on the pilot hole and the flame get very small, all I used to do was take an old toothbrush and brush off the hole and then relight the pilots and it would work fine for about a year....but of course the firemen weren't aloud to do that for me. Oh well.........short party but fun while it lasted.

Tonight I have some interesting Halloween wreaths that I thought you might like.............................

Hog's Head Bats_210

Hog's Head Crow10

Hog's Head Owl10

Hog's Head Pumpki11

Hog's Head Pumpki12

Hog's Head Pumpki13

Hog's Head Wicked11

I also have a few more tasty treats, some brownies and some cookies..............................

Hog's Head Browni10

Hog's Head Cookie15

Hog's Head Cookie16

Blessings for ghoulishly interesting adventures! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:06 am

Hog's Head Golitha-Falls-BodminMoor-Cornwall-HallagennaCottages
Golitha Falls, Bodmin Moor, Cornwall. Photo by Hallagenna Cottages. (I know it's not a cottage, but it's a lovely pic and near some cottages!)

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have some pumpkin pancakes with butterbeer syrup, maple bacon, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Karentia... The nearby hobby/craft stores are Michael's and Jo-Ann's, and of course, Walmart if it's something very basic that's needed. Yes, I like the "oops" part, too. Makes it more personal. And it IS prompting me to reframe it with a bit of dark red mat around the edges which is something I'd wanted to do but hadn't gotten around to as yet. Of course, I may have to move one of the existing photos a bit since the new frame is larger. The neverending story... Right now I'm working on getting frames for the new pix. I know the type I want but will buy them one at a time using one-per-day discount coupons (which will be pricey enough thank you). The frames are 9x11, which allows a thin strip of color mat around the edges to enhance the photo. So it'll take a while, but will be worth it in the end.

Good to hear everyone's catch up stories! Glad those in the storm areas managed well and that Hecate's unplanned party solved the problem!

Here's to a healthy, productive, creative, fun day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:11 am

Good evening everyone,

I forgot to mention yesterday how much I liked that old house with the pumpkin head scarecrow out front. In fact I added it to my folder of Halloween house pictures.......................

Hog's Head 4b647211

Hog's Head Animat10

Hog's Head Captur53

Hog's Head Captur54

Hog's Head Captur55

Hog's Head Captur56

Hog's Head Cotteg11

Hog's Head Homefo10

Plus here are some tasty treats and a few veggies to munch on too.........................

Hog's Head Cake_310

Hog's Head Chocol10

Hog's Head Veggie10

Hog's Head Veggie10

Blessings for the start of a spooktacular fun filled ghoulish weekend!! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:59 am

Hog's Head AutumnNorthWales-MenaiHolidayCottages
Cottage autumn view, North Wales. Photo by Menai Holiday Cottages.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd love a mug of pumpkin spiced coffee, plus some bacon with a side of wheat toast topped with apple butter, please.

Yesterday was such a nice day (in between rainy days) I decided to take a road trip down into Oregon to visit the Roloff pumpkin farm again. Last weekend was so amazing that, like scuba divers having to ascend slowly to avoid the bends, I needed something else a bit out of the box to return gradually to muggleland. The farm was surprisingly busy for a Friday, but then, they're only open in October and it's getting close to Halloween! This is their peak season, plus they got rain and winded out last weekend and had to close early due to the severe weather. The family was out and about, and I did get a bit of a chat with Amy. Mind you, there's no comparison to last week's amazing weekend, but then, that was the weekend of a lifetime, and it'd take a whole lot to top that! This mini-adventure, however, was still very enjoyable and it's one of the best spots for people watching anywhere near. Gotta say, too, the lunch I had was excellent, which one doesn't expect from a vendor wagon (like at fairs). Had a "barbeque boat" consisting of black beans, pulled pork in a really nice bbq sauce, with a topping of cole slaw. Sounds rather odd, but tasted great! Then came to home to add some pumpkins to my autumnal porch decorations.

Hecate... love the two A.B. Akers paintings. I recall seeing those before in my online journeys and was impressed with their style. Thanks for posting all the seasonal eye candy!

Here's to a healthy, productive, energized day for all...

Hog's Head RoloffFarm21oct2016
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:07 pm

Good afternoon to all,

Wow Always!!! Another excellent adventure!!!  How are you ever going to top that for tomorrow on your special Day??  Well that's part of the reason that I'm here early today.  I've come to do some preliminary decorations for your Birthday Party tomorrow, and to wish you an early Happy Birthday!............So............

Hog's Head Animat11

Dobby has helped with the decorations too................

Hog's Head Dobby_10

Hog's Head Balloo11

Hog's Head Balloo10

Hog's Head Animat12

And here are some cards for you from me and of course a wishing well to make your special wish and another cake just from me.

Hog's Head C-girl11

Hog's Head C-girl12

Thought you might like this one too, even though it doesn't say anything................

Hog's Head C-woma11

Make your special wish............and blow out the candles................

Hog's Head Drawin10

Hog's Head H-fall10

Brightest of blessings for you special day tomorrow!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:29 am

Wow, Hecate! Those are amazing decorations. I'm pretty sure no one can top those, but we will try to make Alway's day special. By the way, my son teaches high school. I don't think a grade school kid would have that good of aim. Smile So the kid was suspended; he had to apologize to my son (wrote a 4 page letter); and the mother came in very sorry and also apologized. Turns out it was a bad impulse by an average kid. It is just scary to be a teacher in today's public schools.

It was a beautiful fall day today. It makes Saturday chores go by much easier. Hubby and I drove around a lot today for errands and the trees were wonderful. We just kept saying, "Look at that one". I will try to post a set of pumpkins and ghosts that I made. I love October!

Dobby I will have some warm butter beer and a plate of doughnuts over by the fire, please.

missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:43 am

Good evening all,

I see it's been a quiet day.  Did anyone else watch the new Good Witch Movie??  When it first started, I thought......Oh no! Because they showed a clip saying.....'previously on The Good Witch'......and showed how the season had ended, but the movie was a 'well contained' story all by itself with a beginning and an end, which made me very happy.  And the story was done quite well too connecting back to the town and the people.  Of course Martha Tinsdale stole the show.....Gotta love to hate her. Plus all of the other permanent character had their parts too.  They said at the end that the 'new season' wouldn't be starting until......Spring of 17'.  Oh well, I guess I can wait.........NOT.  But the good news is that next Saturday starts the beginning of nineteen new xmas movies on Sat & Sun. for the count down to Christmas. Yay!!!

MissyPotter, I'm very happy that the kid in a teenagers body was made to pay for what he did....That must have been some impulse! Yes, please post some pictures of what you have made. I'd love to see them.

Thought I would set out a table for tomorrows party, along with a few party trays...........................

Hog's Head Table_10

Hog's Head Buffet14

Some finger sandwiches, cheeses and fruit to nibble on........................

Hog's Head Finger10

Hog's Head Cheese12

Hog's Head Fruit_10

And of course a variety of desserts.......................

Hog's Head Table_11

Hog's Head Animat13

Blessings for a grand party!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:19 am

Happy Birthday Always! My goodness, what a wonderful spread! I'm going to join Missy P by the fire, with a small plate of nibblers.

Lovely pictures ladies! Love the decorations, so Fall and Halloween at the same time, not too much either way. I adore the greeting cards, the art is wonderful. Always, what fun to head back to the farm! Your second Halloween with them, yes? Yeah, the weather wasn't pleasant for any of us around here last weekend, so glad you had the chance to run away from it! You gold box is with Aberforth, enjoy!

I'm changing a few plans. Looks like if I tried to get all the costumes and details done for March, I just wouldn't be able to do it to my detailed needs. I posted to our group on fb, that I am pushing it back a year, to 2018. I also said if the LOTR characters don't float your boat, and you seriously want to be another, from comic to movie, we can go that way for you. Just because it's my dream, doesn't mean it's yours. Maybe I'd get more enthusiasm and participation if they picked a character that speaks to them. Yes, I have a lot of fabric now. But. It will be used. Maybe not for what I intended? Or maybe yes? Mostly just been getting *crickets* when I ask for involvement. Plus the tickets are selling fast - the 4 day packs are gone. I was thinking of downsizing to one day, but without me buying for all, no guarantee they would all get tickets. Can't do that right now. So. Delay the debut, but gives me time. Just need to pack up the paper crafting and break out the sewing! Yay!

I can breathe a little easier.

Also with my trip to Orlando, I was supposed to pick later in March? Because of the time off for Comicon? Yeah, forgot about that. Booked it for immediately after. So, cancelling my other time off, will make my supervisor breathe easier.

I was contacted by my cousin Jeanne and my friend Marsha, both today! They want to meet up for lunch. Jeanne finally is taking a vacation, and doesn't have plans - first time in a couple of years we can see each other outside of a wedding, funeral, or hospital. Nice! So I'm booked to see them, one Thursday after another! Marsha wants some help shopping for clothes. Hello! Shopping queen at your service! So, we will be going to Alderwood, for Nordstroms - and get her out of the renovation zone for a day. They finally found a contractor worth his weight in, well, tiles! Laughing It will be fun!

Long day, busy day. Oh, not sure if it made any news or not, we had a shooting, a single person shot. We were called by 911, to keep our eyes open. I called in two sightings. Oops! One was the owner of the Italian restaurant at the Station! But when the description is "white male, 6 ft, tan/brown carhart jacket and cap, with a goatee, and a revolver", well, except for the gun, matches half the valley right now! Carharts are the choice of farmers around here! Hope they catch the guy. And supposedly the victim knew the shooter? Not a random. Fun.

Well, off to sleepy land for me. Hugs and love to all.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:41 am

Hello again,

Almost ready for bed but I wanted to let you all know that the new Good Witch movie will be on again at 10:00 AM CST Sunday morning. Hope those who are interested will read this in time to watch it.

Blessings for a great day! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:50 am

Morning all

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALWAYS! Hope you have a wonderful day, sounds like you had a great mini trip, and added more to your decorations as well! Have a super week, hugs dear! Oh here is a magic bubble make a wish pop and enjoy!

Missy well at least the kid was punished and apologized, hope your son is okay! Hope you have a super week, hugs dear!

Karentia busy as usual and you folks have had more than your shares of shooting, knifings ect lately , hope this is the last! Sounds like thi gs are comming together for you with costumes, trips and events keep us informed and post picts hugs dear!

Hecate, you would think they would milk it for all its worth and have a countdown to Thanksgiving, giggle! Love all the great cards and pictures keep them comming, give my best to everyone, did you get your stove relit? Have a great week hugs dear!

Maxie hope you are getting a bit of down time and actually having some decent weather, hope all is well, hugs dear!

MMD hope all is well with you, hugs dear!

Hello to Weesa, Shrivelfig, lady, MJS have a super day all!

Dobby you have outdone yourself, think I will grab a plate and forage a bit what a spread, Alberforth a mug of your house blend please thank you both!

Have a great day all! Hugs dear!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:47 am

Hog's Head Dovecote-Monmouth-Monmouthshire-TheWyeValley-Wales-CountryCottagesOnline
The Dovecote, Monmouth, Monmouthshire, The Wye Valley, Wale. Photo by Country Cottages Online.

Good morning. Ooooh, look at all the goodies, gifts, and decorations. Thank you everyone, including Dobby! I'll just have a sampler plate of everything, along with a tall vanilla latte, please.

Today will likely be a quiet ending to a great birthday week. Nothing could top last weekend in Wichita; Friday's trip to Roloff Farms was fun; and today, well, it's okay for today to be today!

Hecate... Yes, I also watched the new Good Witch movie, and totally agree that the whole show is improved when they use the original format of the program (several threads of chaos and problems abound, then are somehow resolved as if by magic by the end of the show). Much more appealing to me than the soap opera structure they used last season. Guess we'll see when the new season starts...

Here's to a healthy, fun, magical day for all... Like a Star @ heaven

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 35 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum: