Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 24 of 35 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 24 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  MJS Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Happy Tuesday!! The sun is back to shining here, the breeze is actually a breeze and not a gust, the birds are singing, George is scouting the fence and Phoebe is sitting on Bob's lap as he taps away on his computer. All is good.
We had to put netting over the little tomatoes as the birds were making off with them. Put netting over the strawberries too just incase they started noticing them. I can see things are starting to grow here, which I love. Not used to such an early spring, but I am enjoying it.
That's it from here. Hope you all have a great day!
MJS
MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:46 pm

Thank you! Just having the support here helps to perk me up!

I need to call my doc about meds, and because of the lymphadema. So what do I do? I swept and mopped the floors instead! I'm great at putting things off. I'm just tired of doctors. Well, to be fair my floors were getting to be disgusting.

The birds have been singing, all very happy. I've seen a few robins, but not sure they leave for winter anymore. If you can call what we had a winter. Heard a bird last night, trying to figure out what bird would sing at night. I could hear another one in the distance, so they must've been talking to each other. Something like, "Hey Baby! It's Spring!" The closest I could find to the sound on the internet was a Cooper's Hawk, which I've seen hanging around here for a couple of years now.

Soon I'll be digging in my pots and planting some cheery flowers again. And a squirrel came to the bird feeder. All I have to do is look at Sunny and say, "squirrel", open the door and she barrels out the door barking to scare him off! It's pretty amusing, and it keeps the squirrels out of my tomatoes in the summer. Not as many raccoons showing up, but Mama does come by every few days and when I talk to her she'll come up to the door for her special treat. I usually giver her a cookie or something. There are a couple of possums that have joined in dinner, they are cute too, but very skiddish. I think the critters are probably mating, finding new dens and thinking about new families right now. Give it a few months and I'm sure there will be little ones coming up with their moms.
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Muggleborn, I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. I would get those periods too of just pure depression; I think I've seen most of the psychiatrists in my city by now. I hate the ones that already seem to have made up their mind before you even get into the room that they are just going to put you on something just slightly different then what you're already on that isn't working. I don't remember if you ever said that you get panic attacks too. I've had both since I was a kid and that just makes it even harder to call the doc.

I've found the more depressed I am, the more I isolate myself even if it is just coming here and posting because I don't feel I have anything positive to say. :hug:

Had a tooth extracted last Thursday. It was the rear molar farthest in the back on the lower left said. The one above it was removed at least a year ago due to decay and I have my bridge now. That surgery really wiped me out. Just started feeling well yesterday and went out last night to run some errands and now I need to go out in about an hour to run some more errands. Need to check up on my mom. She;'s been sick. She's not sure what it is. We got some rain last night and she said she felt a bit better after the rain so she wasn't sure if it was sinuses or pressure.

Been working on a brochure for my autism group. We have a few handouts but nothing like a brochure and the annual autism walk is coming up in April. So far, I've pulled graphics and text from the website we had designed last year and a flyer the president did. Right now, it's very basic and I did it in Word so I can email what I'm working on to the pres. I think it will really help us to get more people to have a brochure that's easier to read that just a one sheet of information. Haven't designed anything in a while but it doesn't take me long to get back into it.

I wrote her about maybe having another lunch meeting to discuss the brochure. She's off Monday's and Friday's at our next meeting is March 11th.

My sister and brother got me Valentine's flowers made of three different shades of roses. We were having some problems with some on-line flower stores since everyone was waiting till the last minute to buy flowers. We did manage to get my mom some tulips; she loves tulips. I was trying to help my BiL get flowers for his mom and my sister but the orders didn't go through and we were reimbursed. Their wedding anniversary is tomorrow and he's going to try to take her out to dinner. Hopefully, their will be no hi-cups. thumbs up
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Aren't those cherry bits of sunny nature just the thing to perk us up? Thanks, Hecate.

I hope our trees don't start budding like the Spring cottage tree. It got into the 70s today. There are leaves popping out on tge roses and some lilies peeping up. It's way too soon. There's that one storm just waiting to knock us out. At least 6 weeks to safety!

Your suggestions about limiting exposure to drama on tv or online are very wise, Always.  These are upsetting times.
I cried when watching the tributes to Alan Rickman today. Not sure I could explain why.

shrivlfig, good news on the brochure work...sorry about the dental work. I've been putting off an extraction for months. No root canal,so no pain, but I dread the antibiotics following....always tear my stomach up...
Best of luck with your projects.

Karentia, finally got back to the pool. Feels great. New people have asked me what I'm doing and I like sharing,but, after my workout, please. Sorry your salad irritated your stomach. Getting excited?

Neither Larry nor I am looking too far into the future. His store is in good shape without him putting in 70 or 80 hours anymore.
And he found out yesterday district managers are now required to "spy" on each one of their stores one night a week to see if procedures are being followed. That means if you have 25 stores, 25 nights  you're spending a total of 2 hours,sitting in a parking lot then checking cctv tapes for improper actions.

micromanagement at its worse. I'm not sure it's worth it.

As for my job,if I could continue to do apparel and stocking,fine. But a new manager would expect me to run the register and I'm not capable of that anymore.

We'll see. But, thank you all for being so supportive.  

Hope you get in to see your doctor soon, muggleborn. I didn't know that swelling problem could occur years after surgery. I saw your sleeve came in. Time for fabric tattoos?

Magical Music Dreamer, for some reason, this has been a rough season for depression. I've had so little energy. My blood work is fine, so....
I'm treating myself with movies. I'm enjoying the PBS Victoria. Not very familiar with the Victorian age, so I'm not sure how accurate the production is,but it's very elegant.
Any opportunity for a short trip to break up bad spirits?
Or a new book series?

I'm looking forward to Beauty and the Beast. You know, I haven't been in a theater since DH2!

samtibbs...I made a shopping list from the Burpees catalog. Is there a Santa for gardeners?  I'm not crazy about spending $$$ on future snacks for deer...but....some of those new sunflowers are irresistible.
I know why farm families had so many kids because as proud as I am about my kids, I could use one to stay home and work in the yard .

muggleborn, I definitely plan on using pots on the patio this year. Annuals in pots, perennials in the ground.

Thanks for the healing lotion. So, do you think there's a vat of it somewhere?

love to all and happy,healing thoughts on the way.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Hello ladies! I agree with Always, I gave up news, talk shows, Facebook (for the most part) and anything with opinions. I am so much happier than I was a few weeks ago. I just watch fun movies or nature programs. Laughing Today I watched a program about the need for hippo's in South Africa. It was really interesting.

I am not discussing my trip for the same reasons as MMD. But I do want to remind Karentia to send tons of pictures whenever she goes on her trip. Very Happy

I have all my tax stuff together, finally. Now to make an appointment with my CPA. Brian got his done today. He was over studying for his exams and doing their laundry. It takes all of my motherly control to not go through his laundry and re-sort, bleach and really do it right. But I tell myself, it's their laundry... affraid
I also had to have a talk with him today and remind him he was taught to ALWAYS put the seat down. He has apparently forgotten a lot of his training. Laughing

Well I have finished Miri-yum-yum's scarf that was suppose to be for her birthday last month. Now I need to sew some satin around a small piece of Seahawk fleece to send to Lily. I love sending surprises to the kids. Although if I send something to the girls, I need to come up with something for the boys.

Hecate, thank you for all the flowers and spring pictures. It made my heart happy just to scroll through them.
Hog's Head - Page 24 Springrain_zps3c83e29e

Not too long before my day lilies will be here, I hope.
Hog's Head - Page 24 DSCN04060048
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:36 am

Good evening all,

Just a quick fly through tonight, I've already fallen asleep once and want to get back to what they've named that new Oscar nominated movie.....La La Land. Just a reminder, they will be on this coming Sunday.

I love lilies too MissyPotter, all of the flowers from the tuberous family, they all have such a fragrant smell. The only exception and my very favorite flower, is gardenias.

Hog's Head - Page 24 Hyacin10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Lily_o10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Lilacs10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Lily10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Iris_110

Hog's Head - Page 24 Iris_210

Hog's Head - Page 24 Garden10

Blessings for the sweetest of smells to drift through our dreams! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:48 am

Hog's Head - Page 24 SpringCottage_Ebrington___Cotswolds-CharacterCottages
Spring Cottage, Ebrington, Cotswolds, UK. Photo by Character Cottages.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a tall vanilla latte, and a pumpkin walnut muffin with Irish butter, please.

Here's to a healthy, healing, restoring, happy day for all... :hug:
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Halloooo the house!

Yes, just noticed 2 weeks to fly out! Squeeeeee!

Pool time is getting longer, which is good! This was third day on a row, which is better! Get one more in tomorrow, then treadmill on Friday after work.

I just picked up a fun bunch of goodies, at Home Depot, to make a Spring Basket to raffle off. A hose, watering can, small hand tools, and a small terra cotta bowl for a fairy garden! With fairies! My friend David will donate plants, including sedums, to go with the Fae garden. I'll send a picture via fb when I'm done. Saw something on Pinterest that inspired both. I figure that will be a good raffle!

Oops, almost time to go to see Ross - change of clothes... Later my friends! Hugs and love to all!

Yes, I avoid news and mainstream channels at all costs, watch Animal Planet, HGTV, and History Channel for the most part. I'm plain sad that when I have been on fb, I've used the angry emoji more in the last 3 months than I ever did before. I have unfriended 2 people over the politics. I'm hoping things can get better for our dear friends who are wigging out over the political trash going on. Not dragging that in here.

Oh, I pick up my papers tomorrow for the trip, verify everything, and will be floating all day! So looking forward to this!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:20 am

Ah! Great session with Ross! No swelling in my feet or ankles - I think that was mostly from the other soul self, and how her illnesses progressed towards the end of her life. She has been with me for over two years, going downhill. I am starting to come back, and regain my own health and feeling like doing more stuff again - not laying about like I have been doing so much lately. Good grief, I know more 70 year olds who can out dance me - no good! Gotta get my groove back!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  MJS Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:23 am

Hello one and all! Had a lovely day today. Looking forward to another one tomorrow. My sister and her daughter arrive tomorrow night. I am really looking forward to their visit.
Bob and I went to Costco today to stock up on some essentials. Didn't do too bad and actually stuck to the list....mostly. They had just received a shipment of rose bushes. Beautiful rose bushes. SO even though we said we were done buying plants for the house we managed to justify one more rose bush. It's orange! Well more of a bi-color, bright yellow going to deep pink edges. So looks orange to me. Added bonus it is named "Rio Samba" and that just makes me want to dance. I did some rearranging of pots and there was plenty of room for the new rose. It is a desert drought tolerant variety so if need be we can plant it into the ground. There's a lantana that our landscaper planted that looks like it might not have made it through the couple of frosts we had. If it doesn't show signs of life next month then we can put the rose bush in that spot.
If there was ever a year or election that showed us all how important our vote, and our voice matters in our democracy it has been this one. I have unfollowed some friends over politics, and have noticed that I have been unfriended by a few others. I am fine with that. What is getting to me is the unverified, inflammatory headlined, "news" stories people keep sharing and passing on and on and on. I started checking on the sources of some of these so-called news web sites and have to tell you lot of them are not verifying their stories. Some are, of course, just out right fake stories. It is so tempting to hit share or like on a story from a political bias we agree with, but if we pass on lies, or unverifiable stories then we are the problem as much as any fake news web site. So I won't share anything I haven't done my best to make sure the news source is one that does their homework. As for the rest I go ahead and hide them. Bias, that I understand, but jeez louweezz! Check the damn facts or at least make sure the source is checking them!!
I will now get off my soap box. Good thing right? Wink
Michelle started her new job this week and so far is having a wonderful time. She called to tell me (and she was all excited about it) that she had seen her first fecal swab under a microscope. Not my idea of a good time, but I'm glad she was excited about it. The clinic opened it's doors on Monday and has had a few actual patients but they have been setting up exam tables, and equipment, meeting with pharmaceutical reps, and training. They have their grand opening next week. It's an exciting time for her.
George had a close encounter with Bob's experimental cactus plant which he dug up from the field in back of our house and planted in a pot. Last night George went up to it to give it a good sniff and check it out. Unfortunately the cactus needles caught in his whiskers which startled him into pulling back really fast. Which pulled the little cactus from the pot and sent it flying into the air. Which sent George running off under the table. Then he tried to sneak up on the cactus, by this time lying by a pot, by going around the pot from the back. It was hilarious. A stealthy hunter he is not. We checked him in case a needle or two went into his nose, but found nothing. He has a haircut app't tomorrow, which apparently he needs if he is catching cacti needles in his facial hair.
Time for me to hit the sack. I hope you all have a wonderful tomorrow.
(One day closer to Wizarding World Karentia!!!!)

MJS
MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:50 am

Good evening everyone,

What a cute George story MJS,  I could just visualize him sneaking around that pot stalking his prey.  Too funny!

With all of the things everyone is saying here about 'liking&unliking', sharing, and all of the other intricacies of facebook and those other places, I'm so glad that I'm not on any of them. I've also said that I haven't watched any news shows on tv for well over five years now, in fact I don't even watch any of the public stations, ABC, NBC, CBS, either, basically because they are always cutting in with 'news flashes' during the commercials.  I just re-enforces my thoughts that we are a nation of sheep being led around by what the news media wants us to think.  Not good.  The programs that I like watching are informative in one way or another, usually on the history, science or discovery channels, or movie channels, and of course the Hallmark channels.  That is about it. I do like watching NCIS, and Law&Order; SVU. Love the mystery of solving the crime and learning when 'Ducky' dissects  a body, or when Abby does her experiments with the evidence found at a crime scene. So that too, is also a learning program.

Oh!  Speaking of programs. Last night while watching Face Off they announced a new program starting on March 21st. called Cosplay Melee. I think Karentia will be especially interested in this.  It's close to the same format of Face Off, but people are competing to create their own Cosplay outfits and will be judged on what they come up with.  Sounds interesting.  I keep thinking of when Karentia turned herself into Thor, and , pardon my feeble brain, but I forgot which characters she's going to be working on now for her and her friends.  I'm definitely going to check it out  when it's on.

Right now I'm watching Hawaii 5 O, never watched it when it was on years ago, and the only reason I'm watching it now is because of Alex O' Laughlin.  I first became aware of him, and liked him, from that short series he was in called Moonlight, where he was a vampire. Don't remember if he was a cop or a private eye, but there was something i just like about him and the character he played.  I think there was only 15 or 16 episodes in the series......I bought the whole series....got it really cheap at the time..Rebekah and I watched all of them many years ago.  Thinking now that I should find it and watch them again...............

Hog's Head - Page 24 Mick_s10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Captur10

Yummy!.....Dobby, I'll have some ..... dessert tonight, with maybe a little chocolate sauce.

Speaking of chocolate sauce.............................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Ice_cr10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Ice_cr11

Hog's Head - Page 24 Ice_cr12

Hog's Head - Page 24 Ice_cr13

Hog's Head - Page 24 Fudge10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Hot_ch10

Enjoy ladies!..............I'm sure there is something chocolate there to tempt everyone's taste buds!

Oh my!  Look who else stopped by to have something chocolate with us!..........................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Lucius10

Enjoy ladies!..........................and look what he brought for each of us........................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Captur11

Blessings for sweet tasting dreams!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:43 am

Hog's Head - Page 24 CleeveLock-UK-marpessa2_1
Cleeve Lock, on the Thames, UK. Photo by marpessa2.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a waffle topped with blueberries, some bacon strips, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

MJS... hope George has learned his lesson. Cacti can be very tricky and sometimes have little hairlike needles that aren't as obvious as the big visible ones. Speaking from experience here having learned my lesson as a young 'un in Arizona (where I grew up). I attempted to pet my aunt's cactus. NOT recommended!

Here's to a healthy, healing, kindly day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:53 am

Hecate, I was also Hellboy a couple of times... Twisted Evil The group is going to be dressed as Lord of the Rings and Hobbit characters. I will be a bearded lady Dwarf, Morgan and her friend will be what they call crossplay of Sam and Frodo - as if they were females - then we have Treebeard, Dark Galadriel, King Theodin, Arwen, the Witch King of Angmar, Tauriel, and a female Hobbit or two. Trying to talk Treebeard's wife into being a Hobbit as well, she is due to give birth any time now, we could dress the baby as a one year old, as a baby Hobbit - would be so cute! So I am coming up with all kinds of ideas on how to make the costumes look layered, but actually be just one layer? Take Theodin, he has under shirt, shirt, jerkin/vest, and cloak. I want to make the jerkin with the sleeves and collar from the shirt sewn together. Less layers, less hot. But there are some that just have to be layered, like Arwen, who chose the riding outfit - shirt, jacket and pants, but the jacket will be Duponi silk, instead of ultrasuede. Many will be wearing ultrasuede, and I need to make sure their layers are breathable, or ventilated, or just plain sewn to look like layers. I get the feeling a lot of that fabric I bought will be around for more cosplay in the future. Which is fine with me! Very Happy

Yes, I saw the ads too, Hecate! Looks like they are working with only 4 people. Not sure how many episodes there will be. It did say when it will air, maybe next week they will tell us. I might do better on that show, as a contestant.

Last night I had a hard time settling down, I had been sitting differently all night, and doing some exercises and stretches, just had more energy - which is nice! So I burned some off by decoupage, I have a small, oval box I picked up, for myself, and already did the inside with gold tissue paper. The outside is going to have a light tissue paper, with pansies or roses, so I need to layer some white paper under it, to help the true color of the paper show, not a brown version. Lots of layers, because once you get tissue paper wet, it doesn't dry white, it is almost transparent when it dries. It is a project that I can work on for an hour and put aside for months. But it was sitting there, and much easier than getting all riled up with a sewing project.

Poor George! I'm glad he didn't get needles stuck in his nose - lucky boy. Unfortunately that is a possibility with you new living area. Glad he's going for his trim! They are both so cute! So Michelle is starting with a brand new clinic! Wow! That can be very cool, and refreshing - everyone is starting fresh, no preset cliques, or tensions, or someone already burned out ready to retire, bringing the rest down. No office drama, yet. Good luck to her! If she got that excited over a fecal swab, she will be enthralled in no time! Very Happy

Shrivlefig glad that things seem to be improving for all! Congrats on the brochure! Sounds terrific! You can do this, I'm sure you will do fine at the meeting. Just focus on your breathing, nice and even, if you get a little overwhelmed, just pay attention to your self and needs. Have fun with it, too!

Well, have a long list to accomplish today - let's see how much I can do!

Oh, the geese have been flying over so much, just heard another V go overhead!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:42 am

Morning all

Well Spring is not here yet in fact I woke to about 1/2" of snow and a bitter wind burr! Hecate keep those sunny pictures coming! The chocolate looks wonderful as well, hugs dear!

MJS you can bet it would only take once for George to be shy of cactus, I know when our dog got into the porky pine he avoided them living or dead like the plague, afterwards hard lesson to learn, glad he wasn't hurt! You can plant opontia and barrels in a pot and they grow accordingly and they both bloom beautifully have fun, hope Michelle loves her new job for years to come, hugs all!

Karentia counting the days with you make sure you take loads of pictures, also make sure you post Picts of your costumes as well, they sound fabulous,hugs dear!

Always love the cottages keep them sunny!

MMD stay safe and dry, hugs dear!

Hello to lady, muggleborn, Maxie, missy Weesa and whom ever else might drop by!

Dobby bring me some eggs and toast, and a glass of ok as well, thank you Alberforth a mug of your house blend please thank you both!

I'll be by the fire all day, have a great day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Such beautiful treats!
I'll indulge in some hot cocoa while waiting for my shift to start.

Larry's off to Florida to see some college friends. It'll be odd working with someone else. A long weekend for him,an extra Sunday shift for me.

Poor George. What a nasty surprise for him. Doubt he'll repeat it.
It sounds like you're filling your desert home with color,MJS.

I know it's still Winter, samtibbs, and keep expecting a snow or ice storm to fly in from Canada. Supposedly, it's going to be in the 70s this weekend,so, what next?

Hope your dusting is temporary and you have green grass soon.

Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Our weather is supposed to be cold with snow showers in the morning. It is sunny and 50. Must be Spring.

I'd love a frilly cupcake right now, good say of workout and errands, but still have so much to do! Have a lovely evening!

Maxie, I'm glad Larry could get a weekend away with his buddies, we all need those visits!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:10 am

Good evening all,

Very tired again tonight, hope to get to sleep earlier.  I found a few more pictures of the sun shining through things. The first one I think is beautifully balanced but not one for early spring because of the dandelion seed puffs in it.....that would be for later summer.I do think it is a well done photo though......................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Sum__f10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Sunshi12

Hog's Head - Page 24 Beauti10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Dream-10

Hog's Head - Page 24 12310g10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Sea-su10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Tumblr10

All of a sudden I saw bright flashes outside and then thunder, almost like a storm just started on top of here. No wind, no warning that it was coming in.  Think it's passing over now, the rain has stopped....Funny, just two flashes, thunder, and now it's passing.  Weird.

This picture popped up in my search too and I thought it was so cute, I will have to add it to my other pictures of fairies............

Hog's Head - Page 24 The-fa10

Did Karentia say that she wanted some 'frilly' cupcakes???.....................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Cupcak11

Hog's Head - Page 24 Cupcak12

And I would certainly like some brownies.....................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Browni10

Mmmmmm, yummy!  Thanks Dobby!

Blessings for a cozy night, and a happy fun filled Friday!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:55 am

Hog's Head - Page 24 TheRunningHorse-London-TimeOut
The Running Horse, London, England. Photo by TimeOut.

Good morning. Dobby, how about a tall coffee, and a couple of cranberry scones, please.

Karentia... sounds like quite an endeavor! Look forward to photos later!

Apparently winter isn't quite done with yet, so a cozy pub seems appropriate. Our forecast is calling for snow, but so far we've just got very chilly rain. Yesterday we had a weird hail storm... the sun was shining through clouds in the south, while here it was hailing hard and thick enough to cover the streets like snow.

Here's to a healthy, healing, nargle-free day for all...

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. My Grandma passed on the afternoon of 16th, we spent the next day preparing for the drive to Kentucky for her service. She was placed beside my Grandpa on Sunday afternoon. The ride up there Saturday was dreary/rainy and long. Sunday was beautiful sunny and warm. There were so many family members there that my nieces and nephews were in awe of how large of a presence we have in that area. We made the drive back home after the interment as my brother had to be back at work Monday and I had to get my injection treatment on Tuesday. It also gave everyone a bit of a break since there was no school Monday for President's Day, just basketball practice for my nephew. He was on the Junior Varsity team basketball team but was selected to dress Varsity for several games in season and for all post season games. They won their Region Championship for the first time in 57years and made it to the Sweet 16. Unfortunately they their game last night so their dreams of State are on hold until next year. This their first year with a new coach and he's really been amazing.
Now my nephew is taking a break over the weekend before hopping over to Junior Varsity Baseball team. He's only been able to make a few of their practices and events but the Coach is holding his spot since he's been on the team since 8th grade and put a lot of Summer and Fall work in before basketball started. He's a busy boy these days, but he loves it and it's what he wants to do.
My other nephew has been in post season football conditioning and is doing well in school as far as I know.
Both of my nieces are the final lap of Senior and getting all their college things in order. They are both nervous, excited and sometimes a bit overwhelmed by the process but they'll do fine.
Both of my brothers continue in their jobs and seem to enjoy the work they do. S-I-L is at a new job and I guess she likes it, but one never knows with her.
Mom and Dad are doing good all things considered. The furry members of the family are just happy that we came home, apparently they missed us while we were away.
Have to run for now, hope that you are all having a great Friday. Hugs! :hug:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:27 am

Good evening to all,

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Weesa, although it did turn out to be a nice time for the family to get together, and for the younger ones too. Glad to hear that they are all doing well and excelling in their chosen sports/fields. Here's a little something just for you to brighten your day.

Hog's Head - Page 24 Mixed_10

Always, I was looking closely at the picture of the Running Horse. I love the green ceramics around the fireplace and the color scheme of the room with the upholstery of the chairs.  The one thing that does bother me is when I took a good look at the walls and noticed that the original wood has been painted over in that dull black color.  I'm assuming that the wood that is still above the fireplace was the original color of the room before someone decided to redecorate.  What a shame to cover up all of he beautiful wood.  There are so many other things that could have been done with that room.  At least there is a horse on the mantle and in the pictures on the walls  Plus I can see that it's not even a functional fireplace anymore, too bad.

Spent the day watching American Pickers, the bad thing is that I want half of the stuff that I see in the places they pick, most of it is what I see as the camera pans the room, not what they end up buying.
Strange day, when I first woke up it felt like Saturday and later it turned into a Monday for me,.....even to the point to looking at the calendar thinking that I had missed the Oscars on Sunday.  What a dumb broad that I have to live with in my head......must be because she's just getting old.....glad I'm not.  Too funny.

I feel like a walk in the woods tonight.............................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Gate_e10

Hog's Head - Page 24 2e-13510

Hog's Head - Page 24 9274_110

Hog's Head - Page 24 Captur11

Hog's Head - Page 24 Captur12

Hog's Head - Page 24 Darkhe10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Woods10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Woods-12

Dobby, what to you have for us tonight?......................Oh great!  Finger sandwiches, fresh fruit, and wine & cheese.

Hog's Head - Page 24 Finger11

Hog's Head - Page 24 Fruit_10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Winech10

And what a delightfully springtime looking cake................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Tiered10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Annima11

Blessings for everything 'green' that is to come!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:32 am

Hog's Head - Page 24 CottageInTheWoods-Whinlatter-England
The Cottage in the Woods (17th century restaurant with rooms), Whinlatter, England. Photo by Cottage in the Woods.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd love a bran muffin with Irish butter, and a tall pumpkin latte, please.

Weesa... Glad your family time turned out so well for you all.

Hecate... The woodsy pictures are lovely. That's my favorite kind of area, especially in autumn or spring (the transitional seasons!).

Here's to a healthy, healing, restorative day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:23 am

Hog's Head - Page 24 Images860J0X01_zpsecu1itkp

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Busy house, Weesa! So happy you could have the time with extended family, that the kids could meet more of their kin, and your grandmother got a warm send off. Hugs, sweetie.

At work, sleepy Saturday. We both would rather be napping. Will check back later.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:07 am

Beautiful sunset, love the photo. My favorite, twilight.

Watching the Battle of the Five Armies, of the Hobbit. Love these movies, and characters.

It was slushing on the way home. Big, wet, fat flakes. Splat! Splat! Splat! So hard and fast, was hard to keep up with it. Who ordered the slush? Not here. Keep dressing more for Spring - lighter layers, less layers. So ready for my trip.

Oh, a solar eclipse tomorrow? Not sure where it will be more visible. A time of change, more upheaval. Yuck. Still sending light, love, and healing thoughts to all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:47 am

Good evening to all,

Always, who would have known, when I was done with my walk through the forest I would end up at such a lovely quaint secluded restaurant?? Love the place, in fact, I think I will stay there for a couple of days and enjoy the fresh clean air. Thanks for finding it.

For as warm as it was yesterday, that's how cold it was today. Robert was all bundled up again when he brought the mail in

Have just a few more picture of walking through the woods....................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Captur13

Hog's Head - Page 24 Captur14

Hog's Head - Page 24 Soca_v10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Padley10

Here are a few sunny places too.......................

Hog's Head - Page 24 42752710

Hog's Head - Page 24 Yarad10

Hog's Head - Page 24 Sunshi13

Just a little reminder that the Oscars are on Sunday night. Lois and I are both going by private jet this year, and I've even picked out a dress for the occasion............................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Oscar_10

I sent her an email to remind her about the awards because in the past we have watched them together on the phone, so this year she emailed me back with the dress she will be wearing......................

Hog's Head - Page 24 Captur12

I told her that the limo would be there to take her to the private jet where she will meet me upon landing and be driven to the awards to walk the red carpet and be escorted to our front row seats.

Blessings for an awesomely adventurous day! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 35 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum