Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 20 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 20 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Always Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:07 am

Hog's Head - Page 20 SunInn-Dedham-Suffolk-EastAnglianDailyTimes
The Sun Inn, Dedham, Suffolk, UK. Photo by East Anglian Daily Times.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have some wheat toast with apple butter, a couple of turkey sausage links, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Lady... Glad your new job is working out for you. :hug: to you all.

Here's to a healthy, healing, nargle-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:15 pm

New snow is comming down. So I'm going to spent whole day in that comfortable looking armchair by the fireplace. Dobby can you make mulled red wine with cinnamon, lemon and sugar please? And self-filling plate with gingerbread would be great. Thank you darling.

Have a nice day all!
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:09 am

Mmmm, leather chair and fireplace. I love leather chairs, Hecate. A good, soft, buttery leather is my favorite. You can just melt into it. Not so awesome on too cold or too hot a day, but it would be my Goldilocks chair - just right!

Thanks for the good thoughts, migraine did not last into the next day! I also tried the trick Muggleborn mentioned, to down a tablespoon (!) of honey. It never came on, so I don't know if it was the honey, or just done.

Had a great day! Shopped my way south, stopped & dropped jam by my elder customer in Everett, got some great sales deals at the Disney Outlet, and Old Navy, grabbed a snack at Godiva (!), and met Suzanne at a little pizza spot in downtown Bellevue (mini Seattle, but more expensive). The pizza place is like a Subway sandwich place, but for pizza and salads! Real, delicious food. Fresh and clean. I had a personal size, thin crust is all they serve, it was the Olivia - pesto sauce, mozzarella, cilantro, olive oil, tomatoes, and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette as you pick it up - so delicious! We went from there to walk about from a few different stores, the World Market, a drug store, and a Starbucks to sit down again. I love catching up with her. As she just texted me, she is "good for my heart and soul!".

Back home, time to start unpacking all the goodies. New pj's, lots of shirts, lots of shirts... And a new zip up hoodie with a storm trooper on the front. Very happy camper! And I picked up a light saber last night at Target. Have to have one for Disney! Laughing

Lady, extra hugs, dear heart. Glad you have got another job, do you like it better than massage? Easier on you! Glad the boys can hang out at the restaurant. So you think Zed has it out of his system, running a restaurant? Will he go back to construction? More hugs...

Love to all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:20 am

Good evening all,

Just a quick fly through tonight. Glad you bypassed a full blown minegraine Karentia. Sounds like you had a great 'fun' day.   Did you make any headway into that pile of papers on your desk Always?  Hope so.

Lois and I talked tonight for close to two hours while she was in the tub. She called around eleven and when she told me that her phone was just about dead and asked what time it was I told her a little after one. It's like we totally lose track of time when we start talking, and it's always different. Sometimes we talk about how we grew up and our parents, and how we still managed to become adults even though they did their best to make us live life their way and not our own. Other times we talk of world problems or topics of the day, or about movies from the forties.  Tonight we were discussing Aurthor Godfrey and Art Linkletter among other things. It's never the same and always interesting. She's a very intellectual and challenging conversationalist.  I think that is what draws us to each other to begin with.

Here's a little sample of things to come................................

Hog's Head - Page 20 Graphi10

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-10

Hog's Head - Page 20 Flower10

Blessings for the thoughts of romantic adventures!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:02 am

Morning all

Well joy of joys it is snowing again it isn't supposed to be very deep this time, they said that last time and it was 4+inches sigh! This is the winter that never ends!

Lady nice you have a new job, hope it continues to be a perfect match for you, fingers crossed for a quick sale on the restaurant, to the perfect person,glad to hear all are well, give all your boys big hugs from us and take one for yourself as well,hugs dear!

Hecate neat you have a friend like Lois,it is neat you have so much to talk about, give her a cyber hug from me, how is hooking coming? Are you just about finished with the cat? Have a super day dear,take care of yourself, hugs!

Karentia neat you had a good visit, shopping trip etc. and better yet nice the migraine didn't take place full force, how soon are you going on your trip? Remember to take lots of Picts, supposedly they are expanding the World of HP as well, have fun!

Always keep the fires burning, maybe you can add some of the unwanted papers to them as well, sometimes that's how I feel going through stuff, hugs dear give Willow a big scratch for me!

MMD hope things are going well for you, think of you often hugs dear! Don't let the media and news get to you stay positive!

Maxie hope all is well out your way, take care, hugs dear!

Dobby bring me a bagel with cream cheese and a mug of Alberforth's house blend, please I'll be by the fire today, yuck yuck I am soooo ready for spring!

Have a great day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:03 am

Hog's Head - Page 20 The-swan-woburn-sands-uk-escapetothepub
The Swan, Woburn Sands, UK. Photo by Escape to the Pub.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon, plus a large mug of hot tea, please.

Hecate & Samtibbs... Yes, I actually did make a bit of headway, but I think the stuff's been breeding, since there still seems to be as much on my desk as before! Rolling Eyes

Karentia... Sounds like a fun day!

Took Willow in to the vet for her annual checkup. She's doing okay but the vet is recommending dental work at which I'm not thrilled. Very expensive and hard on both Willow and me. Had to have some urgent dental work done on her before I moved and it wasn't fun for either of us. At least this time it hasn't gotten to the urgent stage, but it is at the necessary stage. Next step is getting my paperwork together to get taxes filed. Need the refund for sure.

Hasn't been the most fun weeks so far... nothing major, just lots of nargles and wrackspurts flitting about. I think I'll send Luna an owl to see what The Quibbler recommends.

Here's to a healthy, healing, pepper-upping day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Paperwork is the bane of us all. Glad you made some headway, I avoid it like the plague. Laughing Actually I'm better about it than I used to be. I don't have everything to file yet, waiting for one more paper in the mail. Give dear Willow scritches from me, sorry to hear dental is in her future, and your wallet - ugh. Hugs.

Hecate, that is a great friendship! Love those kinds of times and conversations, where you have no idea where you will end up! Hug from me too. Yes, as I'm getting older, I seem to be switching to like being up later - and sleep later. Not conducive to getting ready for the trip! But more restful.

Samtibbs, i have 4 weeks? Going to be great! I'm looking forward to trying the new restaurant at Universal, not sure if I mentioned it yet or not? Toothsome Chocolate Factory! It is steampunk, and the menu looks great, loads of souvenirs will come from there! You can Google them, images or web, looks like fun!

Ah, nice lunch break, off to treadmill. The pool time took a look a tole on my tendons - stayed in too long, but what a workout! I know I pushed it when gravity sucks that hard when you try to get out of the pool. Have an awesome day!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:10 pm

It's  been a not getting out of my jammies kind of day. I'm feeling almost but not quite guilty.

Hecate, you have the nicest friends.  Obviously,  you have a gift for connecting with people.

I love the detailed work on the red carpet gowns you featured. Is it possible to sit on the strings of pearls? The rose dress is lovely, too. Maybe it's an old fashioned aesthetic, but I prefer women wearing underwear or a foundation garment sewn into a beautiful gown. Maybe it's silly.

Always, it's sad to hear Willow needs dental work. Maddie's never had any. Can't imagine trying to get her brushing at this late date. Hope it goes well for Miss Willow.
Is the weather good for walking again? Begone dreaded nargles and wrackspurts.

Thank you for your kind note, samtibbs.  It was a nice surprise.
It's very odd looking out the patio door and seeing grass instead of snow. To be sure, it's dull green and the shrubs are still dormant, but last year was so different. Don't mind at all.

Good to hear the migraine was a temporary inconvenience, Karentia and you were able to have a fun day. And your trip is practically here.  By the 2018 Potter group reunion, you'll know all the best places.

Larry's Mom is having trouble again. Somehow she fell at night, in her room, and the initial scan didn't show anything. But, after 9 days of constant pain,another x-ray was done and she has broken the bones cradling her artificial hip. Surgery is an option to help healing faster but there's always a risk the anesthesia will be a danger. Everyone is in agreement about the surgery but I can't say we're very happy about it.
We're still a little puzzled as to how she even got out of bed. The railing is always up on one side and the other side is only clear enough for someone to make the bed..and she hasn't been able to walk unassisted for months, so....we're concerned about the monitors that are supposed to be in place at all times.
She still recognizes us but you can see her failing more and more.

Well, I'm going to make an effort to get up and do something. ..anything...

Love to all.

Hope you've been able to be reassured about your family members, muggleborn.

And, Lady, I hope it gets easier to live without your puppy. It's hard to believe the boys are getting so big.It's a shame you can't keep the restaurant. They could learn so much growing with a business.
I hope you can find a good buyer. Once he's free, does Zed gave any ideas as to what he'd like to do next?

OK. Moving now...getting up...really mean it this time. ..

Last edited by Weesa on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed personal info)
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:58 pm

Maxie, no guilt about a jammie day! We all need those once in a while, or once a week, or???? I admit I love a jammie day, especially if I can work on a project with no guilt.

Treadmill was good, hot tub was better. Almost time for Ross. Hour and a half today. Hoping for a good session, that may include a 'traveling' nap. I've had some terrific visitations from Tommy lately, good music, felt his presence yesterday down and back, I think he is part of my spending influence too, might have bought more yesterday, but i put a stop at a good place. I really don't know how many shirts i bought. Some were only $3, most were under $7. I know I bought 2-3 at regular price, but they were cute and loved the colors. Not sure if any of you have seen the tv show Supernatural? Funny thing is most of the clothing looked like it was from their closet! Plaids, and olive green jackets, almost bought one, but that was full price.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:10 pm

Sorry I've been MIA again. I've had a migraine too. It started to get better last night, but tonight is coming back. My insides are messed up too, so maybe it's a virus? Arms are a little rashy, so maybe it's Lupus? My labs are all ok though. Nothing seems to help the headache, not excedrine, nothing. Ice bags and rest. Rhuemy wants me to see a nuerologist. Maybe I should. Or my chiropractor.

My husband had a car accident last week, so we are down to my car. He's ok though, so that's really all that matters. We'll make do for awhile. Gathering up everything to do our taxes. I've heard that even if we file them early the IRS won't process until Feb 25th or something, so I told my husband we probably won't have a refund until beginning of March. Need it to catch up on bills and probably a down payment for another car.

Kids are doing ok. Every dish in the house is dirty, so we must be eating well! Piles of laundry that are in different phases, to be washed, to be folded, etc. And egad! I turned my ceiling fan off and it is just coated! I'm surprised it's not flinging that mess all over when I turn it on. Spring cleaning time! Good time to smudge again too.

Since I have to get up early to take hubby to work, I'm trying to get in a habit of stopping at the gym on the way back. I did it, let's see...once. Laughing Stupid migraine. While I was there though I ventured to try out the hydro massage bed. Nice. Never long enough though, by the time you figure out the settings you're almost done. I like the massage chair they have there too. I'd like one of those at home.

I really should avoid the news on facebook, it's just too upsetting for words. Maybe I should stick with cat videos, but then I want to know what's going on. Trying to keep my vibration up, praying, meditating, trying to be kind and smile more even if I don't feel like it.

Just finished a nice hot cup of chocolate to wash down the excedrine in hopes that it does something. Maybe I should attack those dishes. Well, my kitty is on my lap, so I can put it off just a little longer. Smile
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:15 am

Maxecat, my mom went to FL to the beach. She said she had a good time and the beach house they rented was the nicest they ever had with an elevator, bathrooms in every bedroom, large dining area, large kitchen with two dishwashers, etc... She came back yesterday.

Muggleborn, I feel the same way about the news on facebook. Some of what is posted is rather distressing especially when it's posted by someone you know.

I can't remember who it was here that was talking about having a migraine and rash. My sister would get those just from stress. Their are several different kinds of migraines too. That was before she was diagnosed with fibro, OA, and RA. She saw a neurologist. I know someone who has lupus but don't know what her symptoms are. Hopefully it's nothing as serious as that.

I'm having a lunch meeting on Friday with the president to discuss becoming a delegate. Meetings are only four times a year. I know it can be overwhelming which is why I'm having a meeting to discuss it.

My sister and I love Supernatural. Our favorite is Castiel. The actor that plays Crowly was on Doctor Who where he did an American accent. lol

My sister also is finally over the hump and getting well. My brother-in-law isn't finally starting to get better too. He has been very negative about his birthday which then just leads into a self-fulfilling prophecy. He worked himself up into a bi-polar episode and was up without sleep for about three days. Now he has got some of his meds that help him relax and sleep so he's been able to sleep finally. We still need to have his birthday p[arty. We'll try to do his birthday this week-end when everyone is feeling better.

Today we went out and he got a pistol as a birthday present. Guns have become a new hobby of his since his motorcycle was stolen. He wants to get a bio-metric lock box for it. The salesman gave us the name of a shooting range that's free. My sister worries when he goes out to shoot with his friends into the woods since she can't reach him on his cell phone. At least if he's at a range, he'll be safe and she can get in touch with him. She's very careful not to let him go shooting when he's in a bi-polar state.

Weather has warmed up again to the mid 70's.

Hope everyone will be doing better soon.
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:35 am

Good evening to all,

Liked the idea of the paperwork breeding on your desk Always......just keeps multiplying! Sorry for Willow but if the teeth thing must be done best do it. Give her a hug from me.

Samtibbs, I haven't been working an anything lately. I've got the 'Wrabbit' about half was sewn together but am at a stand still with it for now. Just not doing anything 'crafty' these days. Keeping occupied with puter games.

I have some special Valentines with Magical Music Dreamer in mind that I'd like to share tonight.................

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-11

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-12

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-13

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-14

Dobby has decided to do some decorating for Valentine's Day to help put us in the mood ....................

Hog's Head - Page 20 Table_11

And Winky has made us a cake....................

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cake10

Hog's Head - Page 20 Graphi11

Blessings for cozy night! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:26 am

Hog's Head - Page 20 JW-Sweetmans-Dublin-TheLifeOfStuff
J.W. Sweetman's, Dublin, Ireland. Photo by The Life Of Stuff.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a hamburger patty with sliced avocado, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Had to get a new car battery yesterday. It's been acting up for days and I just barely managed to get the car started. Dealt with nargles along the way, but AAA and the repair shop were wonderfully supportive and between them, faxing the proper paperwork to list everything as roadside service (as if they'd taken a call instead of me getting the car to the shop myself), saving me about $100. They also straightened out a mixup in my AAA membership which happened when I moved -- the info was correct in their computer, but I still had a Calif. AAA card with wrong numbers on it.

Here's to a healthy, healing, nargle-free day...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Happy February ladies! I love February, it holds the hope of spring. We have been having a mix of weather. If it is sunny, it is freezing. When it warms up, it rains. Not unusual weather for us. I don't want it to warm up too soon and throw off my bulbs. That happened last year.

Karentia, I can't believe you are going back to HP already! It was such a wonderful trip last time, I can wait to hear all about your adventures this time. I will think of you as I look at my Hedwig (bought last fall). She sits on my printer on my desk so I think of HP a lot. It creeped me out to hear of your rat, Karentia. You were lucky to get rid of it so easily. I have heard horror stories about getting rid of rats. I have one friend who caught one up against the wall of her laundry room and before they could come and take it away it ate it's way through the wall and out into the garage. affraid

Always good luck with the kitty dental care. My mother had a very small poodle lap dog. When he got old she had to have all his teeth pulled. (this was 30 years ago). She would hand feed him his soft dog food. It was so sad. Also I hate car trouble and I am happy it worked out well. And muggleborn, I am sorry to hear of your husband's car accident. They are so scary. Good luck on the new car.

I am getting my papers together for taxes. I have done them for most of our marriage (coming up on 40 years this month cheers ). However, I just got worn out last year and found a wonderful CPA. She did a great job, quick and a lovely refund. I am planning on going back to her this year.

Hubby has a new set of problems. He has to get hearing aids and has had some trouble speaking. They did some scans and found a grossly enlarged thyroid with 2 nodes. They will be biopsying them and I guess we go from there. With the nerve pain, he is really struggling.

The kids are all doing well. Like you Samtibbs, my son and family are so sick of snow. They have missed so much school they will be in until July. My daughter is buying a town home. She is having a hard time being a big girl, but it will be great. A lot of savings gone and she is still paying off her PA school loans. Brian and his wife moved up here a couple of weeks ago. She has a job as a patient advocate with a dental conglomerate and he has an offer with Morgan Stanley. Right now he is studying for 2 exams to get his license. I think I mentioned that before.

Harry Potter is starting tomorrow is another HP weekend on Freeform. This is a Hermione HP weekend. Not sure what that means, but looking forward to it nevertheless. I think I will start a jigsaw puzzle...
I love you

Dobby I will have a mug of hot cocoa and a plate of warm gingerbread as well. Thanks
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:38 am

Muggleborn have you tried the tablespoon of honey? I had some creamed, raw honey, and either it worked, or the headache was gone. It is rough to get a whole tablespoon down, that's for sure. Hope this finds you feeling better. So sorry about the car, glad your hubby is ok. Glad your van is still working! Take care. I don't watch the news, and find myself scanning past much of Facebook, going for the good stuff. The rest is horrible, but so is a train wreck. Most of it is out of our hands.

Had a nice weekend, just taking care of myself and basics, working in the pool, and resting. Didn't leave the house early enough today, will have to do laundry after work tomorrow night. My ankle is doing better with pool work. cheers winner!

Missy P, glad you found someone to trust, it is hard to give up the taxes job to another. Yup, getting excited! Planning more for my Disney part, loosey goosey for the HP half. And I just heard we may have snow again?!?!? Yuck. Ready for spring.

Hecate the place looks lovely! Hugs!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:18 am

Good evening all,

You said you were leaving in about a month Karentia? I'm sure that the weather will be much cooler than when you were there last time. And yes please keep us entertained with lots of pictures when you go. I'm getting excited for you too now.

Sorry to hear about your husband's accident and that you are down to one car Muggleborn. Hope things get settled with the insurances quickly, so you can get it fixed or replace as fast as possible. Try and stay rested.....when you can.

Good to hear from you Missy Potter, Hope the drs. get your husband new problem healed soon and that it isn't too serious.

I love this last fireplace Always, beautifully carved and what deep rich wood.

Hog's Head - Page 20 Boy_210

Hog's Head - Page 20 Boy-do10

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid_10

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid_11

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid_12

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid_13

Hog's Head - Page 20 Graphi12

Dobby, what kind of treats do you have for us tonight??.................................

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cookie46

Hog's Head - Page 20 Drinks10

Hog's Head - Page 20 Annima12

Blessings for a night filled with dreams of hearts and flowers! Hecate3fold!

Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:58 am

Hog's Head - Page 20 ThePrinceAlbert-London-VisitLondon
The Prince Albert Pub, London, England. Photo by Visit London.

Good morning. Dobby, since it's cold and rainy outside, I'll go with oatmeal topped with butter and cinnamon, plus a tall mug of coffee, please.

Taking paperwork in to get my taxes done this afternoon. I will be happy to get that out of the way and to get the needed refund happening.

Here's to a healthy, healing, smooth day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Good Day,
   Thanks for the lovely pictures Hecate. The Cupid harpists are especially darling !

Glad you got your battery and paperwork fixed Always. I have had AAA all my driving life, and have had good luck with them.

Wonderful that you are going back to Orlando Karentia !

Nice to see you missypotter. I am sorry about your husband's health problems.

Sorry about  the car accident muggleborn. Hope everything works out okay.

Shrievelfig, your Mom's vacation sounded nice.

Maxecat too bad about Larry's mom. Getting old is hard on everyone.

Samtibbs, how is Jessie these days?

Nice of you to drop by Lady.

Have a good week everybody. cat
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:06 am

Good evening all,

Look at that! Upholstered chairs by the fireplace! My guess is that the original cushions got worn out and they replaced them with leather ones. Too funny, as I said, it must be a Brit thing. Makes me laugh. It's been a quiet day, didn't get to sleep until it was starting to get light, then after the food and mail delivery I went back to sleep and took my time coming back to consciousness which took until five-ish. It was almost dark outside. Oh well, I'm on no ones time schedule but my own. I've been watching original Star Trek on BBC all evening. I'm almost ready to doze off again.

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid10

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-15

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-16

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-17

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-18

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-20

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupid-21

Dobby has found us some beautifully decorated cookies.............................

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cookie47

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cookie48

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cookie49

Hog's Head - Page 20 Cookie50

And we have some tasty drinks to go with them.........................

Hog's Head - Page 20 Drinks11

Hog's Head - Page 20 Graphi13

Blessings for the beginning of an enchanting weekend! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:33 am

Hog's Head - Page 20 Lassorichmondhill-london-visitlondon
The Lass O' Richmond Hill Pub, London, England. Photo by Visit London.

Good morning. Aberforth, I'd like one of your special pink pepperup peppermint lattes, please. Yes, the one with pepper-up potion imbued into it! It's still very early but I already feel like curling up on the sofa with a good book and a hot drink. Rolling Eyes Perhaps Willow waking me up for breakfast at 3am might have something to do with it. Honestly, I do wish there was a time reset button on a cat! And, no, I didn't get up then, but of course, I was awake.

Got my taxes done yesterday. So glad to get them finished early this year. Supposedly will have the refund in about 3 weeks, and then step one will be getting Willow's dental work taken care of.

Here's to a healthy, healing, cozy yet energized day for all... I love you
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Pink pepper up potion?  I love it....and will join you,Always.

Larry's away until Wednesday and I feel at loose ends. Had all sorts of plans. ..but, you know how plans go. Maybe if I grab some pepper up and turn up the POA I can tackle some cleaning chores.

MIL's  surgery went well. Apparently there really was no option.  The fracture was not in the pelvic saddle as I originally thought but rather a vertical break starting at the hip and radiating down the outside of the thigh. Unless repaired it would have continued down to the ankle.  I had never heard of vertical breaks, but she's had osteoporosis for decades.

Yesterday I sat with her along with my SIL. She babbled the entire time with inflections that sounded like real sentences but sometimes the sounds weren't even real words.
She thought  Marsha was her mother.
We're waiting to see what further damage the anesthesia has done.

She's been slapping the nurses if they have cold hands. Marsha and I have laughed at some of the uninhibited things she's come up with but it gives me pause. I'm afraid I'm going to be that horrid old lady who spits curses at people with no filter, or regret.

Think I'll write apologies in advance and keep them with my papers.

It's very good to hear things are improving at your house, shrivelfig.  It must be very difficult to keep positive at times.
We love renting homes or condos when we vacation. Less confining than hotel rooms.

Missypotter,  I feel so badly when reading about your husband. He seems to be fighting so many battles  he must be exhausted and frustrated. And ,so much falls on you. Sad  Nice to have a CPA doing the tax work ..one less chore.
We're trying not to jinx ourselves,but our weather has been great for the season. Now it's sunny and cold and the snow lasted one day.

I agree with you on February.  It's usually our bad time for ice storms but it is closer to Spring,so... flower  Hurray.

The Valentine cherubs are so sweet and chubby. I'm torn about the Victorian age...don't care for the restrictions and some living conditions. ..and the severe class distinctions, but, the Gilded Age of elegance and over the top sentimentality in its design. .I'm a goner. Worth gowns, flowers and fans becoming codes for flirting, sumptuous banquets. ..oh, yes, I might have liked being a society lady during Victoria ' s reign. A laborer, not so much,but it's ok to day dream here, right?

Hecate, I know the work involved in those decorated cookies. .I couldn't eat one.
Well, maybe a broken one.

Samtibbs, I'm losing time. ..what grade is Jessie in now?  Like with Lady's boys,  I keep thinking of them still as little ones but they keep growing on us.

Muggleborn, you and Karentia seem to be growing a huge crop of migraines thus Winter.  I wonder if you share the same triggers?

Well,ladies, the washer has stopped so I can get the dryer going and that will warm up this part of the house and I'll have something to check off my list.

Much love to all.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:39 am

Good evening all,

Good one Maxecat.....apologizing to people you don't know for things you haven't said????  Some how I don't think your mind will ever degrade to that point.  It only affects a small percentage of the population to begin with, and even though we haven't figured out what triggers it yet, I don't believe you will ever be on that list, your mind is too active and creative for that to occur. Yes, it has sort of been a mild winter here too....so far, but we still have February to get through.

I just finished watching that Tom Felton special where he interviews the super fans. Interesting for me how he learns about what makes these people tick and develops a different view of what he originally thought they were all about. This is the second time I've seen it and each time I get more incite from it.

Instead of cute little cherubs, tonight will be lovely elegant ladies..........................

Hog's Head - Page 20 Woman_42

Hog's Head - Page 20 Woman_43

Hog's Head - Page 20 Woman_44

Hog's Head - Page 20 Woman_45

Hog's Head - Page 20 Womanm10

Hog's Head - Page 20 Woman12

Hog's Head - Page 20 Woman13

Hog's Head - Page 20 Woman-10

Hog's Head - Page 20 Woman-11

Hog's Head - Page 20 Women-10

tonight we have an assortment of different Valentine desserts to try......................

rice crispy treats...................
Hog's Head - Page 20 Crispy12

brownies.....................
Hog's Head - Page 20 Browni12

donuts.............................
Hog's Head - Page 20 Donuts10

cuppy cakes..............................
Hog's Head - Page 20 Cupcak29

and of course more cookies.......................
Hog's Head - Page 20 Cookie51
Hog's Head - Page 20 Cookie21
Hog's Head - Page 20 Cookie52

Hog's Head - Page 20 Graphi14

Blessings for a peacefully tranquil Sunday!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:18 am

Hog's Head - Page 20 TheDowneArmsCastleton-nearWhitby-NorthYorkshire
The Downe Arms Castleton, near Whitby, North Yorkshire, UK. Photo by The Downe Arms.

Good morning. Dobby, since it's pouring rain outside, I think a bowl of oatmeal with raisins and walnuts, a couple of strips of bacon, and a tall mug of coffee will be perfect, please. Oh, and maybe a couple of Hecate's heart shaped cookies for dessert.

Here's to a healthy, healing, comfortable day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:03 am

Morning all

We have your rain as well Always, sloppy wet and slick in places where there is ice under the water, I have had my share of yucky winter for sure this year! Hope willows teeth works go well, tibby and cumma keep their teeth clean crunching mousie bones, the vet was happy with how they both looked but said tibby needed to diet, she is rather Ruebenesque, giggle! Glad you got your car fixed and running, hate being out of transportation! Love all the fires they feel so nice on these yucky days, thank you, hugs dear!

Missy nice seeing you again, sending healing energies your hubbies way, he has had more than his share, for sure! Sounds like the rest of the family is growing well and doing nicely yep growing up is the pits sometimes , hugs dear!

Maxie Jessie is a jr in high school and looking forward to college she is pulling a 4.0 this year and looking forward to getting her drivers licence this summer, yep growing like a weed! Hope Larrys mom heals as well as can be expected, hard on all of you for sure, doubt you would ever be a mean little old lady even with dementia, it usually just exagerates what was there before, and you ain't mean dear! Hope you have a great week, hugs dear!

Karentia hope this trip is as wonderful as all the ones before cant wait to see all the Picts, hugs dear!

Shrivelfig nice to see you sounds like things are going well, hugs!

MMD Jessie is doing fine, loving school, her computer tech classes and such just wishes all the snow would go away, hope you have a great day, hugs dear!

Muggleborn sending healing energies your way, hope all goes well for you, hugs dear!

Hecate how neat you have a friend like Lois to talk to, thanks for all the great cards cookies and such,they really make the site enjoyable, thank you! Hugs dear!

Lady nice to have you around more, hope your winter isn't too long and that a sale comes through soon, hugs dear!

Well I see a comfy chair and Dobby has a breakfast buffet set up so I'm for that Alberforth a mug of your house blend please, perfect! Thank you both!

Have a great day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Taking the garbage bin down the driveway is never much fun and today I was feeling melancholy.
Oh, the weather's grand, in the 50s with clear skies. ..quite remarkable for February.
No , I wasn't fussing about the weather, but rather,missing my garbage buddy. Calvin used to walk with me and stop when the hill dropped, but would wait for my return. Then, he'd flop like a fish and wait for me to rub his belly.
Every bin day there was no snow that was his routine. I was thinking about the funny little guy when the neighbor's kitty ran out to see me. Don't even know her name but she ran, weaving in and out of my feet ,then flopped like a fish and demanded tummy rubs. She really wasn't interested in being picked up ,only getting that rub. Strange, but I feel like she might have been saying 'hello ' from Cal.

Had a full shift today and the other girl and I never stopped. Wasn't too busy the first few hours which gave us time to finish projects. Now, I'm beat. HP and some Papa John's breadsticks is about all I can handle until I can crawl off to bed.

Did any of you catch the article about the vibration of the earth speeding up. ..not only is time...time whimey , but there's a suggestion our collective consciousness is awakening. I didn't understand
it all but it was an interesting read.

Samtibbs, I can't get used to the idea Jesse will be deciding on college soon. She used to have so many interests, such a full schedule. Is she still that way? Is she interested in leaving the state for school?

You know, my natal sign is definitely Leo but it doesn't take much for my purr to become a snarl and yes, without a constant filter, I'd be a social mess. So, I do dread having a short circuit in my filter. Laughing

Feel a nap coming on...
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum