Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer/Request Thread

+6
missypotter
Karentia
muggleborn
Lady
EAGLESKYFIRE
Magical Music Dreamer
10 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Prayer/Request Thread Empty Prayer/Request Thread

Post  Maxecat Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 pm

It seems every day we hear of someone else in need of prayer,healing thoughts and plain old comfort.

Please feel free to enter the name or request of those in need,including yourself and let's see how our combined efforts can help.
It can also be a place to add thoughts of gratitude for those blessings received.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Prayer/Request Thread Empty Re: Prayer/Request Thread

Post  Lady Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:09 pm

I will start.

Please if you could add to your prayer list my grandpa. He is currently in ward for long term illness but he isn`t supposed to be there for very long time. We need to find him a place in some "institution" where they care for old people who can`t take care of themselves, but all this institutions around our town are full (they are all full in whole republic). Any help is welcomed,

Second request is for my grandma. She will have surgery because of breast cancer on 10th of Feb.

Thank you very much.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Will keep them and you in my thoughts Lady. Hope all goes well for them soon.

Would like to thank everyone for thinking of me and family over the past few months. With everything that has happened it seems like I'm just know reaching the light at the end of the tunnel and feeling less stress. Hopefully the house will be done soon and will lessen the stress more.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:35 pm

I'll add your loved ones to my list,Lady..and of course Weesa,you've been there a long time..

I'm thinking of becoming a nun so I can give these prayers more attention.

Well almost.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:25 pm

This thread is a great addition to the site. You all (and your loved ones) are always in my prayers daily. I appreciate the prayers that have been sent for my brother who's in the nursing home, and certainly appreciate any sent in the future.

I'm adding my own prayers of thanksgiving for all the blessings I've received and for those on their way.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:40 am

You know,I think it's easier to believe that blessings can and do come when you sit back and think about all that came without asking.

Counting the quiet blessings and miracles leaves you with a list so long,how can you possible feel unloved by God or the Universe?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:33 am

I think counting blessings is the best thing anyone can do, prayer-wise. When I was going through some very dark and rocky times, that discipline kept the light in my soul. It was sometimes very difficult, down to "thanks that there's air to breathe" or "thanks for water to drink", but that was enough to keep the light on, tiny as it might have seemed. Now many times a day I say "thank you, God, for all my blessings" with no need to "force" it. It's as much a part of me as breathing now. The more I count, the more I find to be grateful for. Kind of unblocking the flow somehow. Counting blessings keeps one's focus on what's already here, not on what's missing.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Bingo! Amen! Brava! That's exactly it!!!
The more you look for something,good or bad,the easier it is to see.. The world at the moment has no lack of pain and despair but imagine if we could diminish the impact by seeking out the good...the good in ourselves and others,the sunnier side of any situation. May sound a bit Pollyana at first but frankly,what's so bad about Pollyana?

Seeing a stack of goodness or little victories grow has to give strength and comfort and a sense of richness no one can take away.Sharing that richness with others prospers us both.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:27 pm

I just want to let you know that it works (which you already know, but it is always nice to remember it again). Today we were told that grandpa can stay where he is for long time. Only change is he must pay for the care. If there will be place in some "house for seniors" they will move him, but till that time he can stay. It is such a relief, especially for grandma. There was a little help from the previous director of the hospital who knows the senior doctor well but I suppose the prayers did its piece of the jigsaw too. Thank you very much!
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:10 pm

I know how this must ease your worries,Lady. There's never an easy way to see our loved ones becoming feeble. Will your grandma stay at her old home after she recovers from surgery?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Lady... so happy to hear the good news. Will keep the prayers going for all concerned.

P.S. I LOVE Pollyana! She had the right idea. The Glad Game is just another name for counting one's blessings.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:30 am

Another good new! And there can`t be enough good news... I phoned with our dr. and my granma`s x-ray of the bones is o.k.! It looks like the cancer is really only in breast. Another stone fell of my heart. I`m going to sleep at her tonight and tommorow will accompany her to the hospital.

You are also in my prayers and thoughts.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:50 am

That's good Lady will keep you both in my thoughts today.

I like Pollyanna and it would be nice if more people played the Glad Game. I'm afraid young people nowadays just don't get it though.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 pm

So happy to find other Gladders Laughing

I think difficulty might come about if one's enthusiasm for it comes on too strong.You know,like the most sincere follower of the Christ can allienate others by forcing a particular expression of faith when it's neither wanted nor needed.

I hope I phrased that in a way that's not offensive to anyone.

What wonderful news,Lady. Isn't it nice to feel those stones lift up from your heart?

Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Yes Maxe, that feeling is great. I`m very thankful for the latest news.

Ten years ago when I recovered from my psychical illnes (agoraphoby and panic disease) I started to appreciate simply things - like the pleasure I`m able to go outside again, I can smell the flowers, etc.. I still remember the feeling, when I was sitting naked on the rock by the sea in Croatia and crying because the year before I wasn`t able to leave our flat. I felt so free and strong at that moment. Or when I was outside with our dog and it was snowig and snowflakes were falling so slowly in the light of the lamps. It was such a beauty. Or in spring I was again outside with dog and trees were flowering and the smell of it was incredible. There is almost every day something simple for other people that I appreciate. I think it is the way how to be happy. But it must come from inside of the heart and usually after some time of suffering.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Lady,I think you're right..insight usually comes after a period of stress,illness or loss.
I'm so happy you've overcome your agoraphobia and can enjoy life again (even the bad things can offer lessons that make life better after awhile)

It would be easier if life wasn't filled with so many lessons. Rolling Eyes

On your walks mushroom picking, do you marvel at all the shapes and colours you find in the woods? My favorite place to find little miracles is around the garden and along the wooded part of our property.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Good evening,

grandma is having surgery tommorow at 7.15 our time. Prayers are welcomed. (it is now 10PM) Thank you very much.

Maxecat, when I`m in wood I feel connected with mother nature. I love to be outside. Another reason why I long for the spring...
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Lady, I am praying for you grandmother to have a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Always, you and your brother are in my thoughts and prayers, as is everyone else.

Thank you all for your continued prayers for my uncle.
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:30 am

Sending healing energy to all who need it. Prayer chain addition, wife of a driver who has MS, and has been in the hospital for over a week. She is almost ready to go to a rehab facility to recuperate from pneumonia, which is what she's been in for. Almost lost her couple of times. I just spoke to Ron tonight & found out how bad it was. Sent him off with a bag of cookies & brownies.

Chip, another friend's dad is back in the icu, but should be downgraded tomorrow? Will keep you posted.

Thank you for healing thoughts with the burned fingers! Barely sensative by tonight! Very lucky!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:46 am

I was at the hospital, grandma is after the surgery. In the afternoon I can visit her. Thanks a lot for your support.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:39 am

Prayers continue daily for everyone's loved ones (and for all here as well).
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:41 am

Will continue to keep everyone's loved ones in my thoughts.

Would like to ask you all to add a dear lady that went to school with my Granny to the list. She lost her husband a few months ago and they had no children, she was just diagnosed with breast cancer and although it's small and the doctors say they can get it all she's feeling very scared and alone at the moment. She was very sweet when Granny passed and I think she should benefit from all the energy we can send her.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Weesa, it is almost the same story as with my grandma, unbelievable. I wish her good luck. You can tell her the story of my grandma. She is currently after the surgery. I visited her, she feels quite o.k. With old people it is good the cancer isn`t spreading so quickly. So if it is small, there is always the chance it is located only in the breast like it was in case of my grandma.

I`ll keep her in my mind as well as others.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Good healing thoughts to all in need!

Hugs!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Called a long-time gal pal today (she and her hubby are both definite earth angels). She has just begun chemo to oust a very early stage (fortunately) cancer. I always hold them both in my prayers (her hubby has a chronic heart condition), but a few extra prayers sent their way certainly would be appreciated. She's in very good spirits and is just plunging into it to get it done and move on with her life. She even cut off her 14" pony tail, so should she lose her hair, she'd still have her hair around... and she's been knitting some new caps to wear. I'll tell you, she is one amazing lady! God bless them both.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next