Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

+13
rainsom
Larka544
samtibbs123
ladyhawke
dazlious394
Magical Music Dreamer
Karentia
Maxecat
Juicybit
missypotter
Tamsin Yeobright
Potions Mistress
arcadia
17 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks for all of the great posts Always.

Merry Christmas Everyone !!! santa

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 SnapeSanta-1-1

Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Maxecat Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks for adding to the Severus inspired cards,Magical Music Dreamer...I like his wizard world ornaments..What is he carrying? Looks like he's about to thrash some inpertinent student! Maybe Wormtail's sneaking around Spinner's End again.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 ChristmasStocking

Nice painting of Sev as Father Christmas, MMD. Looks like he's ready to leave a few stockings full of coal to some on the naughty list!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Juicybit Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Merry Christmas to you all! Smile
Juicybit
Juicybit

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Severus is having fun throwing snowballs at carriages.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 Snapecarriages2
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 ChristmasAlan

'Twas the Night Before Christmas... Happy Alan dreams and a very Merry Christmas to all!

(MMD... love that scene of Sev in the snow! Thanks!)
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:49 am

So happy to see the fantastic AR inspired cards...
I imagine Jamie is eager for Santa to leave so he can grab some of those stockings.Why is it that Severus inspires the very best cards????

Merry Christmas Juicybit,it's nice to see you again.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Merry Christmas to one & all!

Have spent the last 2 hours catching up with this entire thread! Incredible! Thank you again for the wonderful gift of your time, talent, and determination to fill us up with everything Alan! Magnificent!

And now I have a craving to see some of this Dr. Who you were all chatting about. Never had the opportunity.

Next week I hope to get my photobucket linked up with the photos... from the phone only get so far. Have not figured out all the shortcuts.

What a fun way to enjoy a couple of hours to myself! Might have to upgrade to BlueRay darn it! Seeing those clips sinched it. I am such a behind the scenes geek, my next fanpage would be to Nick Dudman for all his creative charachters and monsters! What a mind! And wicked sense of humor!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Oh,Karentia,when you talk Dr Who,you open up a huge can of beans....I watched the series in the late 60s but fell in love with David Tennant's interpretation in 2005-2009.I'm not crazy about the current Doctor,but the Doctor is someone very special.

I watched Love Actually again.this time Larry was sitting with me asking questions. Since he's usually seen AR as Hans ,Phil or Severus,Harry was an interesting change.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:08 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 SnapeGoFn2Barty2

Sev holds the Tenth Doctor er, Barty Crouch at bay.

I've been enjoying the Doctor Who marathon off and on throughout today. My first Doctor was number three, Jon Pertwee. Eventually I no longer got BBC (the show was on Doctor number five then). Then I was able to pick back up with Doctor number ten (David Tennant). Unlike Maxecat, I do like Matt Smith (eleventh Doctor), and have enjoyed the creativity of the writing.

Maxe... I rewatched Love Actually myself yesterday. It was the edited for tv version, which frankly is fine with me. I do feel the urge every time to shake Harry by the lapels when he starts being lured by his golddigger of a secretary.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:16 am

I know! I hiss when she's doing her cheap come on routine at the office...
Larry was amused at my performance and wondered why.I just snarled "She's baadd". He thinks I'm a bit mad anyway

I recorded the Dr Who Christmas special but haven't watched it yet. I'm so annoyed. We had to replace our dvr and away went all my saved Drs..Guess I'm going to have to get a job if only to support my British dvd habit.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:33 pm

*snark* Why do you think I keep my job where I am Maxie? To pay for my creative habits! Collecting dvd's, etc.

Will have to do a mini AR marathon on New Years. Morgan is working a banquet that night. We'll see. Will have to go by the library & see what they have on dvd for the Who's.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 SeminarONbyCharlesSykes
Seminar Opening Night Photo by Charles Sykes

Alan is listed among BBC America's "40 Brits Who Mattered in 2011":
Alan Rickman
Anglophenia's Man of 2011 has Oscar buzz for his final Harry Potter film and Tony talk for his Broadway work in the comedy Seminar. (AP Photo/Charles Sykes)
Tweeted by our favorite fanboy Jerry O'Connell a couple of hours ago:
@ComingForMurdoc
Jerry O'Connell Watched Alan Rickman perform @SeminarOnBway over 100 times and he has yet to do it the same. Not once. #Fanboy #OscarNomForRickman #Snape
Another nice stage door video of a smiley Alan.

Last edited by Always on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added)
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Potions Mistress Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:00 pm

I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas and holiday celebrations! It has been a busy but fun time for me. I don't have to be back at work for another week, which is awesome! A vacation was much needed.

I have enjoyed all the holiday pictures. Thanks to all for posting them! Every time I heard the "A Little Christmas" song on the radio this season, I sang Always' version in my head. Love it!
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 SeminarONCurtainCall3
Photo by Charles Sykes

Seminar Opening Night Curtain Call.

The Baristanet Happenings presents their Guide to Broadway, including:
Seminar. A new play by Theresa Rebeck stars Alan Rickman (Snape!) as a condescending fiction writer conducting a private workshop for a group of 20-somethings. College and up. Rickman has never seemed so haughty and entertaining. Anyone who’s ever tried to write anything will enjoy it, but it’s just as much about growing up and being true to yourself as it is a play about artists.
"Condescending?" Hmmm, that's putting it mildly!

Potions... I'm with you and loving being off work for a week!

The Brisbane Times reflects on films of 2011, including:
The Harry Potter franchise came to an end in fine style, with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 topping the box office worldwide and providing a suitably action-packed and intense farewell to 10 years of spells, potions and destiny. Alan Rickman was, once again, a standout as Harry's nemesis, Professor Snape. All the Oscar talk these days focuses on Meryl Streep and The Iron Lady but Rickman is the one who should by rights be an Academy Award shoo-in.
Cute new video has Alan's New Year resolution in his own words... followed by a laugh!

"Seminar" also has uploaded their new commercial.

Tweeted by Sam Neill (12/27):
TwoPaddocks Sam Neill
... will be treated...as ...ee..quaaa..lly...guilt..eee.... I invite them to step forward [ one minute pause ] Now. Oh Rickman , you genius
The Albany Examiner picks its Top 10 Movies of 2011, including:
2. “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.” Well-written, well-acted, well-directed, deliriously handsomely mounted, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows—Part 2” is an unqualified success. It is Alan Rickman as Snape who steals the show and breaks hearts this time around. Rickman, an international treasure for his speaking voice alone, has always commanded instant attention in this role, played with a low and level inflection. This time around, Snape gets to make a well-deserved curtain call, and fair warning, there won’t be a dry eye in the house.
Entertainment Wise reports:
A survey carried out at the London launch of the 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2' DVD has discovered that Rupert Grint is the most fanciable actor in the film series.

The poll, conducted by The Wand Company outside Harrods, saw over 33 per cent of fans vote for Grint, with Tom Felton coming in second with 22 per cent, and Alan Rickman taking third with 18 per cent
Alan has made Broadway World's Men of 2011 list. Easiest way to see the photo is to click on the High Res gallery link, then choose Alan's thumbnail pic.

Meanwhile Broadway.com's top ten items of the week includes:
Jerry O’Connell Has a Man-Crush on Alan Rickman
If there’s anything more exciting for Jerry O’Connell than making his Broadway debut in Seminar, it’s working with his co-star, Alan Rickman. “It’s a definite man-crush/fanboy thing I have going with Alan,” he told Broadway.com. When Rickman was voted Broadway’s sexiest man in a Broadway.com poll, O’Connell joked that it was because “I personally voted 3000 times.” He quickly amended, “That’s a joke everyone. You’re only allowed to vote once, so calm down.” It’s OK, Jerry, we know you tried.
Very Happy

Two of 411Mania's reviewers have noted Alan in their Best Supporting Performances of 2011:
~ Shawn S. Lealos
1. Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II
Alan Rickman has been gold his entire career. He already has characters like Hans Gruber, the Sheriff of Nottingham and Metatron under his belt. However, outside of Hans Gruber, his greatest role is that of Severus Snape. I couldn't read the final few "Harry Potter" books without picturing Rickman in the role. And, finally, when the series came to an end with the final movie, he finally got his moment. No more standing around sneering and making snide comments at Potter. In the last movie, he got his big moment and he shined like no other. I still believe Rickman is the best thing about the Harry Potter movies.
~ Jeremy Thomas
5. Alan Rickman - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II
Severus Snape is the unsung hero of the Harry Potter franchise for much of the series, but Alan Rickman's work has always been spot-on and recognized by fans as such. Most of the actors have been great in their work throughout the series but Rickman has been creepily awesome throughout and Deathly Hallows, Part II is his shining moment. He starts off seeming like the villain until he finally risks everything--and pays the price--for his allegiance to Harry and Dumbledore. And it's his last moments on-screen, when Harry delves into his memories and sees the truth of it all, that you truly come to appreciate the character as never before. What was a touching moment in the book became much more in the film, and that's due to Rickman's work. Great, great stuff.
Very fangirly Seminar stage door video posted by a Brazilian fan here.

Last edited by Always on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:26 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added more stuff and more stuff)
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:35 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 ARbyJenniferSAltman-LATimes
Photo by Jennifer S. Altman, LA Times

The LA Times has a very nice (lengthy) article on Alan in the HP films. Excerpts:
'Harry Potter’: Alan Rickman looks back on decade of dark magic
No one sneers or snarls quite like Alan Rickman and, looking back on a cinematic decade of “Harry Potter,” his Severus Snape now stands as the franchise’s most fascinating figure after being revealed in the eighth film as misunderstood double-agent motivated by long-lost love.
“You try to find things that are challenging and interesting and hopefully it will be the same to the audience,” Rickman said. “It’s interest in drifting on the one hand but it’s also a question of what people decide to offer you. Right now with this play, for instance, I hear unbelievable laughter every night and that’s a huge treasure chest. At the same time sometimes there’s dead silence, and that’s a great pack of cards to be given.”
Well worth the read!

The Joplin Globe offers their Great Movies, TV Shows of 2011, including:
8. “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2”: In this corner, The Boy Who Lived. In the other, He Who Shall Not Be Named. So it’s a surprise that the real victor is Severus Snape. When all’s said and done, Alan Rickman's performance is not just the heart and soul of this movie, but the entire series.
New poll going on at Broadway.com to vote on your favorite Broadway show of the year. Seminar could use some votes!

The Hollwood Reporter comments on New Year's Eve Champagnes, including:
In New York for a Broadway gig, actor Alan Rickman needed a specific bottle of champagne. He walked into the wine shop Chambers Street, well known to wine ferrets who seek exquisite hard-to-find bottles, and asked for Veuve Clicquot. The salesperson was dismayed: Rickman had been to the shop before and always departed with imaginative choices, and Chambers never carries Veuve and its ilk. It's not because the stuff is rare -- those bubbles are about as rare as rhinestones. Brands such as Moët & Chandon produce about 30 million bottles annually, but Chambers prefers grower champagne (affectionately known as "farmer fizz"), which represents about 4 percent of all champagne produced. This elixir, like its big-brand counterparts, comes from the Champagne region of France, but unlike them it is made by individual vintners from grapes they grow themselves. A maker of grower champagne might produce no more than 10,000 bottles a year, often much less. In the end, the store sent Rickman elsewhere.

Last edited by Always on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : More stuff...)
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Juicybit Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Happy new year to you all! Here it's past midnight already!

Unfortunately my new Dogma DVD hasn't arrived yet, but I got both DH Part One and Part Two, and I'm immensely enjoying the deleted scenes and all the extra stuff.

I love the Snape-out-in-the-snow pic. Thanks for posting it!
Juicybit
Juicybit

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:35 pm

Happy New Year,Juicybit...I hope your dvd comes soon..aren't the extras in the DHdvds fun.

We're having a weekend party at the Elders table(Hog's Head thread)...great food,costumes and dancing..check in if you have a chance.

Last edited by Maxecat on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 Happy2012

Happy New Year, Everyone!
:newyear1:
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:36 pm

I'll clink glasses with you Always! Here's to a great new year for us all and most especially for our dear Alan...he doesn't need them, king but I hope he earns several awards this year. king :newyear2:
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 BSclarity

Here's to a wonderful new year for all! *raises glass to clink a toast* It'd be great for Alan to take home an award or two (even if he doesn't really care much about such things). Still... I think a Tony would mean a lot to him! (Probably more than an Oscar.) Ah well, he is always a winner around here!

:newyear1:
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:04 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 BottleShock2
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Juicybit Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:17 am

Maxe, I was hoping for a bit of Alan appearing in the deletes scenes, alas, there's no trace of him. *sigh*

Spurrier looks an interesting character. That's a film I have yet to see.

Last edited by Juicybit on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juicybit
Juicybit

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:47 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 9 NewYearClassic

A bit of classic Alan to start the year off bright!

Juicybit... I think you'd like Bottle Shock. The film's a bit uneven, but has some great moments (usually involving Alan, of course!).

MMD... Love the card! Steven S. does come in handy at party times!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Bottle Shock is a nice film,different from a lot of his work. It's just that he does villainy so well...
Die Hard's been on quite a bit this past week..the other night we saw it listed and of course had to watch...and recite the dialog along with the characters. What a film debut for AR...

The last photo makes my knees weak...would that it were me.sigh
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum