Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

+13
rainsom
Larka544
samtibbs123
ladyhawke
dazlious394
Magical Music Dreamer
Karentia
Maxecat
Juicybit
missypotter
Tamsin Yeobright
Potions Mistress
arcadia
17 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Always Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 GQbtsN4

Cute GQ article here: "Galaxy Quest: The Oral History"... GQ fans, check it out for lots of new tidbits of info!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Rickman interview

Post  Greatheart Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:44 pm

An interview where Rickman discusses playing Snape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyKrzGjekqA
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:58 am

I enjoyed watching this interview. Thanks Greatheart !
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:19 pm

I love that little thing at the 2:10 mark where he talks about JKR's insight on Snape - "Can you share what that was?" "No."

I  would guess that she told him of Snape being a double agent. I  hope she releases him from that promise one day.

I'm still torn as to my favorite role of his. Galaxy Quest is one of my all time favorite movies, but more for the ensemble than any one actor. Liked him in Die Hard and Quigley, even more in Bottle Shock. Snape is just such a great character, tho'. I guess I'm just glad we have him in so many diverse roles.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Bottle Shock trailer

Post  Greatheart Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:00 am

Popcorn and chardonnay? Movie trailer for 'Bottle Shock'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKo9HWlwVME

See it for Rickman, a young Chris Pine, a mature Bill Pullman, a great story, gorgeous scenery, good humor etc. etc.

Make sure you have at least two bottles of chardonnay on hand before you hit 'play' ;-)

"...and a first aid box, with a snake bite kit."
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 am

I enjoyed Bottle Shock. Love his Sheriff of Nottingham, but I think Prof. Snape is my fave role.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:39 pm

"Start a Family" music video by AR and Texas here.

Nice photography but can't say I'm terribly impressed with it as a video. The former "In Demand" video by the same folks had more impact. Still... Alan looks good...

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Like Alan's contribution but don't think I'll be adding the group to my playlist. Has Mr. Rickman been doing anything else we could see? I still haven't come across Gambit on television, wasn't that released ages ago?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Gambit was never released in the US. I got the dvd in Region 2 format. It's an okay watch but nothing to write home about! CBGB has been on cable tv and you can watch it on youtube here. Sorry, I couldn't even sit through that one for Alan. A Promise was released in Europe but not the US. It got mediocre reviews so may not hit US release. His latest release is A Little Chaos which has been released in Europe but not yet in the US. That one may hit cable one of these years. He'll have some part in Eye in the Sky (not yet released) and Taxonomy (in preproduction). Not sure if either will be major roles or just cameo type appearances. Wish he'd get a major vehicle that really showcased his talents!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:34 am

I forced myself to finish CBGB (excruciating). Was hoping that Gambit would have hit television by now but since it wasn't released here not sure when that will happen, sounds like I haven't been missing anything much there though. I agree would be nice to see him in something that shows off his talents, and of course it needs to be released here too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:33 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 AlanBirthday2015

Editing 2/24... Here's a rather nice interview about Alan's past, current and upcoming projects... here
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:06 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 AlanForTheAges

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Signature-Always
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Anyone Here?

Post  shrivelfig Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:11 am

Hello,

I was on HPANA many years ago and would be surprised if anyone remembered me. I've been meaning to join but life got in the way.

I'm sure many of you are still in shock by Alan's passing much like I am. Sad
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:24 am

Hi Shrivelfig...

Yes, I do remember you from the HPANA days. As you may find, this site is rather a refuge for HPANA folks, especially those who hung out at the Elders Table or the Alan Rickman thread. These days, most of our conversation takes place at the Hogs Head (a thread inside "Phoebe's Nest"). Please feel free to drop in and chat!

And yes, the sadness at losing Alan's presence here on earth still lingers, even more so at this time since his 70th birthday would have been tomorrow.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 AlanRickman2016Birthday
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:59 am

Hi Always,

I'm so happy someone remembers me. I was so sure no one would. Thanks for letting me know where everyone is. I'll be sure to drop by.

My sister and I are still in shock. We were very lucky to get to meet him and I still can't believe he held my hands trying to calm me down. All I could think of was "He's holding my hands!" and I noticed how soft they felt.

Yes, it being so close to his birthday makes it sad as well.

shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty seen this?

Post  Greatheart Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Has anyone seen this movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2057392/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

Apparently Rickman has a minor part in it; stars Helen Mirren, who I think is great. (Loved her in '2010')

http://www.comingsoon.net/movie/eye-in-the-sky-2016#/slide/1

Last edited by Greatheart on Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Mirren talks a bit about the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U8hy9o8eOA
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty seen this?

Post  shrivelfig Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:15 am

Greatheart wrote:Has anyone seen this movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2057392/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

Apparently Rickman has a minor part in it; stars Helen Mirren, who I think is great. (Loved her in '2010')

http://www.comingsoon.net/movie/eye-in-the-sky-2016#/slide/1

My family went and saw this. It's very well done and makes you think. It takes place for a large part of the movie in real time. Alan isn't the main focus but he is more then just a minor character; he's Mirren's boss.

I love Helen Mirren too. Not just for her acting but the way she comes across in interviews, she just seems like a very cool person. Cool

If you have any other questions about the movie, I'll be happy to answer.
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:57 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Eye-In-The-Sky

I'm glad Alan's final film (not counting his voice work in the Alice sequel yet to be released) is a solid one with a good, if not large, part for him. It's not playing anywhere near me, so I'll have to wait a while.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty dvd in June

Post  Greatheart Sun May 22, 2016 4:45 am

Apparently 'Eye in the Sky' will be out on dvd at the end of next month. On my watch list.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Alice Through the Looking Glass

Post  shrivelfig Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:38 am

Has anyone else seen Alice Through the Looking Glass? My mom and I finally saw it this afternoon but the theaters aren't showing it in 3D anymore.

I thought Absolem made a cute butterfly though I wished we saw him at the end as well as the beginning. The dedication to Alan at the end did make me tear up a bit. Sad
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:51 am

interview with Alan, not sure if this has been linked before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17c8ZfrKAKU
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:36 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 25 AlanRickmanMemorial14Jan2017-HollyRaeHenson-500

Exquisite portrait of Alan done by artist Holly Rae Henson as a one year anniversary memorial.

Time moves on and so must we, yet we will remember... always.

(And it was a warm feeling to see #AlanRickman trending on Facebook nearly all day yesterday, and still trending as of a moment ago. He lives on in many, many hearts.)
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum