Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 28 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 28 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Admin Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:16 pm

I don't Facebook but maybe Always or Samtibbs could?
Yay for refunds and pjs! Sorry to hear your friend couldn't
make it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:43 am

I love all the birthday balloons and cake! Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I had a lovely evening. I was a bit surprised that my hubby actually wanted to take me out for a nice dinner. He gave me a beautiful card, a cookie cake, my favorite wine and we went to Red Lobster for dinner. Haven't been there in ages, boy was it good. I feel like one of those balloons and could pop at any minute.

I have been napping a lot lately myself. Not sleeping well at night, makes me tired during the day. Plus after I take my morning meds sometimes I need to lay down after. My son had issues with a med making him very nauseous, it was his bedtime one. I would give him ginger capsules and dramamine and they helped a little. He also had to have food with it, like peanut butter toast, something to stick with you. Luckily he's weaning off of that med and starting another so the nausea is getting better.

We had 70 degree temps and now expecting snow tomorrow. I think Spring is here? Can't wait to play in the dirt.
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:31 am

Good morning,

Muggleborn Hapy bithday to you again queen

Thank to all of you for your birthday wishes and pictures. I love you

Yesterday evening ended with spontaneous celebration of my birthday with a couple of my friends. I came at home around 4 AM and now I'm very tired drunken Sleep But it was fun.

I have got some news - we had to close our restaurant. Last day of business was 4. 3. 2017. We weren't able to meet our liabilities (found that phrase in dictionary, hope it's good Very Happy) and now we are selling equipment. During a couple of weeks we will know what the result is - if plus or minus. I hope for zero but I'm not sure... So these days are quite stressfull but on the other hand it's big relief to know that it's comming to the end and we will live normal life sooner or later. Zed would like to be employed and no job on weekends or in the evenings and night. He will start search for new possition after all things around restaurant are done.

But I'm happy we are both still young and healthy and we stay by each other side. We are stronger couple now and we know what we want and what we don't. That's how I try to take positive things from this situation. I think Zed feels relief too. I'm sure later he will miss some kind of stress level but what he experienced last five years was too much for one man.

It looks like our life is going to be easier if we let things go on their own. I look forward to this year with big hope cheers

Weesa, I always wanted to study psychology...

Muggleborn, what a great surprise from your husband. Sorry to hear about your son's problems with meds pale

Hecate, I tried to send you an e-mail a couple of days ago but it returned as not able to deliver. I'll try it again today.

Greetings to Maxecat, MMD, Always, Samtibss, Missypotter and Karentia.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:06 am

Hog's Head - Page 28 KarentiaDisney2017

Hog's Head - Page 28 KarentiaDisney2017-2

Snapshots from Karentia's current adventure.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Good morning. Dobby, coffee and toast today, please. Ready for something simple after all the party foods.

Lady... :hug:  Hope all goes well with the close of this chapter. It's tough, but having your family together, especially when Zed starts a job that allows him to spend more time with you all, is what matters most.

Karentia... Looks like you're having fun!  cloud9

Weesa... Great news about your family, especially your niece!  thumbs up

Not a fun day here yesterday. Willow had problems (severe constipation) and I had to take her to the vet to be checked out. She's already scheduled for her dental work next week and I wanted to make sure she'd be okay for that. The vet really gave her a good and detailed exam, including a more complete dental exam (figuring she might as well get it done in advance), plus doing blood work to insure she's okay for the dental surgery. The tough part is just the realization that age catches up with all of us, even kitties. With yesterday's work and next week's work, the cost to take care of it all has tripled from the original estimate I'd planned for. Good thing I got my tax refund. Between the vet and one upcoming other use, any thought of saving some of it for other things I'd like to get done is out the window. But I'm glad I've got it so I can get my little fuzzy pal cared for properly.
cat I love you

Here's to a healthy, healing, positive-flowing day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Happy late birthday, muggleborn and Lady! It sounds like they were fun. Lady it will be nice for you to have the restaurant behind you. It was a nice experiment and you should not regret the effort. Now it is time to move on and I am happy your family is strong and together. muggleborn what a fun treat from your hubby. I love Red Lobster, but haven't been there for quite a while.

Sounds like a busy 2 weeks for you and your kitty, Always. Thanks for posting the pictures. I haven't been getting Karentia's posts on Facebook. I don't check everyday so things go by.

Hubby's procedure went better than I thought. He took a pain pill and anxiety pill before the procedure and he was very calm (unusual in that situation). They gave him 2 shots in the throat to numb it up and 6 needle draws on each nodule so 14 needle sticks in the throat. Today he is pretty bruised and his throat is sore. But over all he is doing well. It will be Tuesday or Wednesday before we get the results of the biopsy. Either way they need to figure something out as his problem talking is getting worse.

Next household projects are carpet cleaned and new kitchen floor. I need to get it done before the end of April. My nephew surprised my sister with a flight up here to visit. They are both coming and so my daughter decided to join the fun. I would like to get a few things done before she arrives. Also all my windows need cleaning about the same time. Rolling Eyes

Karentia, I admire your pace of vacationing. My poor feet and knees would not be able to keep up. I would have to go to one park a trip and even then...

Maxecat your weather sounds like ours. It is such extremes. My bulbs are all about 5-6 inches high but I am having to drain the water out of the pots as it is raining too hard to drain fast enough. I really don't know what to expect next. It looks like temps are creeping up slowly, but up nevertheless. I haven't decided on a garden for this year yet.

Well Brian's wallet got stolen from his LOCKED locker at the gym yesterday. They hit about 6 lockers including 2 employees. Cops were called, he called and notified his credit card and bank immediately, but they had already hit the mall with his card. He won't be responsible for those charges, but we all pay. Now he has to get a new driver's license and new cards. Very frustrating.

Well off to dinner for date night. See you all later.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Good evening everyone.

Lady, I understand your feelings. When our business closed,it was devastating because of the years and savings we had invested. But, we had our health and each other, so Larry said we had enough to start over.
Now we can pay our bills and have free time to spend with each others. I think it should be easier for you two because you're so much younger than we were.
Best of luck.

So glad to hear the latest procedure went ok, missypotter. Will add your husband to my prayer list. What a wonderful surprise for you, having a visit planned. I wish I could get new carpets but the ceiling repair has to come first and our guy is still working in Louisiana.
That's terrible about Brian's wallet. Inside job? Such a nuisance having to replace important things.

And a dinner out for muggleborn! Seems like you're appreciated by all your guys.

Karentia is going to need a rest upon her return but she seems to be enjoying the park.

I hate hearing about Willow, Always. How old is she? Maddie will be 14 next month and appears to be in good health. The steroid shot seemed to relieve her pain. She's continuing to become pickier about food. Running out of ideas.

I hope Miss Willow  feels better soon. Little dears.

Never did get any snow. Every day is a new adventure.

Better get back to basketball. Larry's working and I'm calling in scores. Between the ball action I'm watching bits of Frozen. Not up to Beauty and the Beast standards but ok.Bit of child abuse to create a plot?

Love to all. Enjoy a cozy night.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:19 am

Always, my cat got very constipated once, and I found out that my husband was giving her too many store bought cat treats, I don't buy those anymore. I sometimes put out a dish of olive oil for her, or give her some canned tuna in oil and that seems to help with that and the hairballs. I think pet supply stores also sell something for cat's hairballs, but it's really just flavored mineral oil. I prefer olive oil. Mine doesn't like coconut oil, but that's also an option and I give her some of my probiotics in the morning too, she LOVES that.

Missy, will keep your husband in my prayers.

Made some French onion soup for dinner today. Yummy. Needed something on the light side after yesterday.
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:22 am

Good evening all,

Just a quick fly through because I'm so very tired, and I didn't want to not post because I wasn't here last night.

Give Willow a big hug from me, one of my kitties had to be put on kitty lax too. Either drops on her food or directly into the mouth, On the food is better, less stress for both of you.

Blessins for a comfy cozy night! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:47 am

Fun to hear about your trip Karentia. Sorry your friend couldn't come.
My timeshare rental fell through. I am disappointed.
Good luck with Willow Always.
Hope your husband mends fast missypotter.
Hi maxecat, muggleborn, Hecate, samtibbs, and Weesa.
Have a good weekend.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:40 am

Hog's Head - Page 28 MexicanHaciendaStyle-Cullenstown-Wexford-IE-EmmaByrne-IrishPost
Believe it or not, this is an Irish thatched cottage, Cullenstown, Wexford, Ireland. Photo by Emma Byrne/Irish Post.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a bowl of oatmeal topped with Irish butter, plus a mug of coffee, please.

Thanks for the well wishes for Willow. They are appreciated. Maxe, she will be 15 in May, so not a baby any more. Muggleborn, good suggestion. I don't give her many cat treats but have used the dental care ones in very limited amounts. Time to stop those it would seem. One day at a time.

Missyp.... sorry to hear about the theft. The aftermath of straightening things out is almost as annoying as the event.

Here's to a healthy, healing, restoring day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:29 am

Good morning!  Thank you Always!  You do such cool work with those!  I posted the pictures from the Leaky Cauldron a few minutes ago, the leek and egg pasty (delicious!), With fruit and fried potatoes, and a photo of the cauldron itself!

I wouldn't be up yet, but my travel gal made my reservations for breakfast at 9:30, after the time change, and hotel change - should have given it an extra day for that.  Lessons learned - I share because I care!   Laughing. And I want to make you all laugh!   What a Face

The Star Wars Tour was fantastic!  My feet want to argue about that, but lots of Tylenol, ibuprofen, and arnica pellets, helped a lot.  They take you through all the Star Wars rides, experiences, movie bits, and Jedi training for the younglings - that was a hoot!  The kids in the group were all of the perfect ages to participate, and did a great and funny job on stage.  Our special spot to stand had the sun directly behind it, so pictures were not great.  We also went on the great movie ride, narrated by Robert Osborne, sad moment seeing him introduce the ride.  We also got to march behind the Storm Troopers and Captain Phasma!  Up Hollywood Boulevard to the staging area, I did post photos of the show, but was too busy being part of the parade to take pictures of the backs of the Storm Troopers.  There was a meet and greet with Chewbacca, and Kylo Ren (Han & Leah's son), with a special dessert bar time, then fireworks!  Oh, my, the front of Grauman's turns into a giant screen area - with surrounding buildings included - gorgeous!  

There were no people in scooters in our group, but I almost considered it, my feet were really bad by the end of the night.  Getting back to the hotel, I had so many snacks and a meal credit left, loaded up on water bottles, and a few souvenirs (bag of candy or cookies for a snack credit).  I did grab some gelato, so I could have more Tylenol while waiting for an Uber ride to Universal.  My first try at that - sweet man named Miguel was my driver - he is from Argentina, his wife works till midnight as a manager, so he drives until she is off work!  Makes their fun money that way.  Cool!  

Got settled in my room - beautiful - will take pictures today.  But, the lobby, hallways, and consequently my room, have a heavy floral scent - heavy.  Have a full bottle of Excedrin, and I used baby powder heavily all over my bedding last night - that helped.  They offered to swap my room, what difference would that make, if the whole hotel is scented?  Oh, I also put a towel at the bottom of the door to the hallway.  Seems to help too.  No bathroom fan, no open window.  We'll see how I fare.

Almost time.e for another Shutterbuttons appointment!  Need to finish breakfast.  Love & hugs!

Congrats Lady, on closing the restaurant.  May the selling of the parts be worth more than the whole.  Sad you couldn't sell it all as one, but that location, you did an amazing job with it all!  And Zed has that out of his system, won't have that "I wonder what if" thing hanging over you.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:48 am

Willow is quite the grande dame (please read in a comic French accent).
Do you think she's been nibbling on something she shouldn't, like some sort of fabric?
Maddie eats grass enough to keep hairballs under control but there's a fish flavored malt goop she loves and that does the trick. She and Cal would fight to get a finger tip full of goop...wrapped their paws around my wrist to force that finger closer. Nasty stuff,really.

Still, I hope she feels better. I've only had the problem a few times in my life, but I remember how miserable I felt. I'd hate an animal to feel that ill.

The Irish thatched cottage looks like it's trying to rise above its station. It is interesting and fun.

Karentia, thanks for sharing your adventures! And, how is it I didn't know there were arnica pellets. There aren't any sold in town. ..will have to check that out. Thanks for the inadvertent tip.
I'm becoming a bit concerned I will not be able to walk all day should I join the Pottermore group next year. Guess I have a year to figure something out.

Magical Music Dreamer, when is your rental available?

Didn't like losing an hour of sleep but I have neglected all but the essentials around the house and guilt is strong enough to kill any desire to stay in bed and read.

Love to all.

Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:20 pm

Great thing Maxie is that they rent scooters!  And you can take it with you on the Hogwarts Express!  They load and unload it for you, but you get preferential treatment for you and your party.  Elevator, shorter line.  And you can let someone else ride when you want to walk.  No judging here.  I'm tempted.  Seriously.  

Having a nosh, well, waiting for one - meeting Marisol and her hubby and baby, at the Toothsome Chocolate Factory!  I arrived first.  It is fabulous!  

I shared my Shutterbuttons video on Facebook, and have sent to Hecate.  Any one else want it emailed?  I still don't know how to do a link...
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 pm

maxecat this timeshare is the end of March. I paid a company to help me. I am not sure what I think of them yet.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:08 am

Good evening all,

Always, If the vet thinks Willow will have to be put on a kitty lax permanently now, either get it from them or get a prescription from them and have it filled at your pharmacy. Believe me it's cheaper from the pharmacy.  Some of them that you buy at the pet store, are a mineral oil base which is ok for short term use but not for long term, The mineral oil also robs them from absorbing nutrients from their food.  I agree with what you said Maxecat, I use a liquid ant-acid to keep me moving smoothly, other wise, with all of the pain meds-----as I've described it to drs------'it's like trying to give birth to sand paper'.  No joke!  I never wanted any of my cats, that had it, to suffer like I did, or could if I didn't stay on the ant-acid.  Tried other things, stool softener or other things, but this works best for me.  And yes, it can get server for cats, to the point where I had one down and hyper-ventilating until the vet got here to pick her up and get her to the office to help her.  Enough said about unpleasant issues.

Hope your hubby gets everything taken care of with the least amount of problems MissyPotter, and that's a real bummer about Brian having his wallet stolen.  I certainly hope they catch whoever did it....No video cameras guarding areas? Doorways going in and out of the place, etc.??

Muggleborn, sounds like you really had a special birthday. So glad it went well for you, you certainly deserve it....and more.

Oh, I just remembered, Karentia, that email you sent me.....when I opened it a small screen appeared on top of it saying that....'video unable to load'.  .....so I don't know what to do from there.  I tried clicking other things across the top but it wanted me to sign into your account.   It's ok really, I can still see whatever ends up here, or you could send them to me and I can post them.  From what I understand so far is that Always is taking them from your facebook thing and then transferring them here??  That works ok too.  Most importantly I do enjoy reading all of your descriptions of what you are doing there.  Have some extra fun for me!!!!.

Always, I tried to enlarge the picture to see what those beautiful walls were made of, or covered with to make that design, but couldn't get it enlarged and still clear enough to see.  It is beautiful though. I'm trying to think of what could be used that would be indigenous to the area, possibly......shells?  Thanks for finding it for us.

I did get some goooooood sleep last night, all the way till two thirty this afternoon.  Now I'll have to wait until Laurene gets here to get the clock changed.  Hate looking up at it and it's not in-sinc with the puter and tv.  Patience is a virtue....I guess.

Have a few Irish lovelies for you to look at...........................

Hog's Head - Page 28 Bagpip10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Girl_110

Hog's Head - Page 28 Lady_210

Hog's Head - Page 28 Lady_211

Hog's Head - Page 28 Lady_310

Dobby, do you have any treats for us tonight??................................

Hog's Head - Page 28 Cake10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Cookie16

Hog's Head - Page 28 Cupcak13

Oh! and flowers too..............You're the best Dobby!.......................

Hog's Head - Page 28 Flower10

Blessings for the start of a 'Magically Irish' week!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:13 am

I can't believe I missed two birthdays! Happy Belated Birthday Lady and Muggleborn! cheers

I'm sorry to hear so many people and cats have been having medical problems. Sad

And it seems Karentia is back from her trip! And had a grand time!!!

It does get hard sometimes juggling two sick people in the house but the problems are mostly neurological so their are some similarities with the ASD. And having an ASD does make you more emphatic, patient, and accepting of people who are different or have problems. My sister is always asking me for advice about my BiL. I seem to have this ability to describe what it's like having some of the difficulties I have and what has and hasn't worked.

The president of my Autism group loves the brochure I made, She sent me an email a few days ago asking if I could add the meeting dates. I had to deleted some text and move some around but I got it all to fit and sent it to her. We had a meeting Saturday and she printed out the brochure at home in black and white and folded them. They really would look better in color but I don't know how much that would cost and if it will fit into our budget.

Since April is Autism Awareness Month, we will be participating in several events where we can now have a brochure to give out to people. There's a walk held every year that we try to get a booth at and hand out information. We do have a fundraising page for the walk where people can register to walk, be a virtual walker or just donate.We have a good number of people on our facebook page and we have a website but we just can't get people to come to the meetings. This last one was very interesting since we had the director of a new autism center that will be opening in March talk. It's not a school; it's a transition center when they help out with any obstacles that are preventing the child or young adult from going to regular school. They are also going to have a house on the property so they can teach living skills too.

Before I forget, beignets for everyone!

Hog's Head - Page 28 Beigne10
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:39 am

Hi Shrivlefig!  I'm still in Orlando, at Universal now.  I'm staying at the Royal Pacific Hotel - pretty!  Love the beniegts!

Hecate I'm so glad you got sleep!  After a nap yesterday afternoon, and decent sleep last night, I'm almost recharged.  Up early for breakfast at Three Broomsticks, and the Hogshead.  Always, would you mind putting in the link to the Facebook link?  Thank you!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:49 am

Hog's Head - Page 28 Thatchedcottagegalway-allthingsnice4life
Thatched cottage in County Galway, Ireland. Photo posted on AllThingsNice4Life.

Here's the link for Karentia's scrapbook.
Karentia's Hogwarts Scrapbook

(To copy a link, you need to open the desired webpage, copy the url for the page from your menu bar, then come here and open the post a reply box. Click on the little link icon - looks like a tiny chain - which will open a pop up box, and then just paste the url into the proper space. You can add a title if you want (you'll see the option in the link menu popup). Click on "insert" and it's done.)

Hecate... Here's the link to the original page for that decorative cottage: Cottage link The page doesn't say what the materials are, but the pic is bigger if you want to examine it more.

Hecate 2... The laxative the vet recommended is an over the counter one that I got at Walmart. At the dose recommended, one bottle will last for ages. Don't know if Willow needs to have the lax all the time. I will be asking today. Poor baby has been running to the litter box way too frequently over the weekend. Have to ask if this is a normal "adjustment" or what.

Here's to a dementor-free day and restored health for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:09 am

Good evening all,

Always, I think the way you were setting up that post was for someone to click the word 'here'??? Well it's still the same color as the rest of the post so it won't take you to the other place. That's ok, it's not that important. The rest you were trying to tell me about is all Greek to me. Thank you for you efforts though. My mind isn't concentrating too well tonight.

Happy to see that your pamphlet went over well Shrivelfig.

Here are a few festive pictures...........................

Hog's Head - Page 28 Potato10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Girlbo10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Girl_610

Hog's Head - Page 28 Girlfl10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Girldo10

Oh great! More cake & cookies!............................

Hog's Head - Page 28 Cakae10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Cookie17

Hog's Head - Page 28 Cookie18

More flowers too, oh thanks!............................

Hog's Head - Page 28 Flower10

Blessings for the 'Luck of the Irish' to be with us all week long! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:45 am

Hog's Head - Page 28 CarriesCottage-Connemara-IE-ConnemaraCottage
Carries Cottage, Connemara, Ireland. Photo by Connemara Cottage.

Hecate... No, it wasn't the "here" with the link. The two links were under "Karentia's Hogwarts Scrapbook" and "Cottage link". They both show in different colors on my screen, but who knows what happens in cyberspace. Anyhow, here are the two links in basic format for you. The links should work as is, but if not, you can always copy and paste.

Karentia's scrapbook:
https://myuniversalphotos.com/VideoShare.aspx?id=55232#.WMVzFHMylMo.facebook

Decorative Irish Cottage:
http://irishpost.co.uk/10-eye-catching-and-traditional-thatched-cottages-from-across-ireland/

Here's to a healthy, healing, fulfilling day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Connemara....isn't that where the rustic Irish marble comes from?
Wonder if some of those slabs on the cottage are marble?

Another lovely shot of Ireland. Emerald Isle for sure...and the blue skies and lake? So cheerful. Would love to visit but not if there's a chance of rain and cold....and I gather there's always that chance. Laughing

We had snow flurries this morning but they were only a tease. The real damage is farther North and the storm is severe. Anticipating closed airports for several days...power outages...dreadful. Grateful we get so few blizzards this far South.

But,it's cold and it was unpleasant leaving the warm gym this afternoon. So, I'm planting myself in front of the fire and trying some holiday cookies. Should be pie, I suppose, to celebrate the day,but, it's cookies for me.

Nice to have a celebration for just about every day.

Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  MJS Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Good afternoon from Vail AZ! We are in a stretch of low 90 degree weather here. About 15 degrees warmer than it normally is for this time of year. The good part is that our house seems to be keeping cool without use of the AC. I imagine that will change once the nights start getting nearly as hot as the days. Right now it still cools to the low 60's and so we can keep the windows open all night to sleep well. During the day the house stays in the 70's which is great. If we were still in the park model we would be running the AC non-stop I'm afraid. Makes me worry a little about the electric bill we will get when the renters leave for this month.
The other up side to the weather is that my lemon and mandarin trees are blooming! The Meyer lemon tree looks like it has forgiven us and is making a great come back. The mandarin tree is really filling out and has lots of blooms so I hope we can plan on a lot of fruit from it later this year. In fact everything is looking pretty good except I have aphids on one of the rose bushes. I tried an organic bug killer but they seem to think it very tasty. No more Mrs Nice Guy, I am going to buy the Ortho non-organic spray and hopefully kill those little bug ba$tards before they get to all of my roses.
We are having a little dinner party Sunday evening. Hadn't exactly planned on it but our neighbors caught us at a unprepared moment and invited us to dinner at their house. #1 They have already had us to dinner and it is our turn and #2 The husband is really the most godawful liar and we are hoping with a few more people around he will keep it toned down a little. I invited the other neighbor, who we also owe a dinner, and my dad to help spread the conversation around a little. We are going to have to start thinking of quicker responses to the dinner question. I have a feeling it will happen again and again.
I went ahead and made my plans to go to MN the end of May. I feel better already! I'll spend a couple days in the Twin Cities and then head to ND to help my sister celebrate her retirement. Looking forward to seeing friends and family.
I hope nasty weather is keeping away from all of you. Are any of you on the east coast? Looks like they are getting walloped with snow. Stay safe and warm!
MJS
MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:50 am

Good evening to all,

Thanks Always, The second link worked great and I was able to see the cottage larger but still can't determine what that decor is made of. Oh well, some things are meant to be secret. The first link took me to Karentia's site and I got the same window saying that the video wouldn't load. Have no idea what to do so I'm not going to let it upset me further.

Speaking of snow....last night it started around three am and by seven there was close to two inches, then it stopped for a while and by the time Laurene got here a little after twelve it had turned into four.....then it got ridiculous, it would be coming down in a fine mist, then turn to big fluffy flakes, then stop and the sun came out, and then start all over again until there was a total of about six inches, plus during all of this the wind was changing direction also, from the west, then east, (lake affect), then from the north and back to the west....then east. What a mess. Right now, it's gone from the roof tops and the streets are dry,....it's even gone from the bushes. who knows....by the time it gets light again it might be all gone.

Your weather sounds lovely right now MJS...ideal, warm days and cool nights. Hope your dinner goes well and you will be able to put a stop to all of those unwanted invites. From what you've said, maybe some people down there have nothing better to do than have neighbors over to dinner. I can think of better ways to have a fun time, but whatever floats their boats. Hope you can get a fixed reply in place so it won't happen again. Good luck!

Maxecat, Dobby heard you say 'celebrate'......that's all he needed to hear, look what he's conjured up for tonight.................

He's done some decorating...................

Hog's Head - Page 28 St-pat10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Stpatr10

Hog's Head - Page 28 St_pat10

Hog's Head - Page 28 St_pat11

He's found us a cheesecake, and he heard you say 'pie' so there is one of those too, apple I think, and an assortment of cookies too......

Hog's Head - Page 28 Cheese10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Pie1010

Hog's Head - Page 28 Captur13

Hog's Head - Page 28 Cookie19

Hog's Head - Page 28 Cookie20

And of course a few more lovely cards to look at............All with Magical Music Dreamer in mind..................

Hog's Head - Page 28 Harp10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Harpla10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Harpla11

Hog's Head - Page 28 Harpsc10

Hog's Head - Page 28 Harpla12

Hog's Head - Page 28 Harpla13

Hog's Head - Page 28 Animat12

Blessings for the wear'n o' the green! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:08 am

Halloooo - bathroom and ibuprofen wake up call.  Actually not doing too bad, feet are getting used to all the walking - did a sit tour mid day (get in the park, sit on a planter wall, grab a soda, move to another planter wall in the next section, bathroom break, next section, wall, next section, you get the idea).  I had slept in a bit, so went late morning to the park, through mid-afternoon.  Busy place!  I had no idea how many schools took Spring break early!  Much busier than last February.  I was a bit overwhelmed.  Hence the wall sitting.  Fascinating people watching!  Lines were so long for everything.  Glad I had lunch before I went in!  

As Maxie guessed, I really love the Toothsome Chocolate Factory restaurant.  Google image it.  I've been studying it for 6 months.  It is outside the gates, on the park side of the water.  There is a waterway they put in for transportation to and from the hotels, via boats?  Anyway, it is steampunk, chocolate, and delicious food!  Had the French Onion soup for lunch.  Delish!  I was planning on buying a lot of souvenirs from them, too.  They have some unique candies & such.  Good truffles, with different flavors, and another case I didn't get to see very well, will look at today.  They also have dipped giant marshmallows, suckers (ginger lemon, blueberry acai, etc.) that my co-workers will enjoy.  I've bought 3 t-shirts so far, from the park.  No pictures of those, maybe when I get home.  I got a box from the business center, going to ship the souvenirs to my office.  But yeah, Toothsome is amazing!  They have a special room where they make these amazing shakes and desserts - you can view it all!  And one waiter dedicated to taking those confections out to the tables.  The proprietor is Penelope and her assistant, Jaques the robot.  I've met Penelope twice, not met Jaques yet - two people playing Penelope so far - the first one is from all the Google images.  Like the Disney characters, she goes on about her story, and asks questions, and is fascinating!  Dressed in a pretty cool Victorian dress with bustle, top hat, arm band with vials filled with ingredients for making her chocolates, and watches hanging all over.  Really cool!

Hmmm, wide awake now.  Going to get an early start, then I can take a swim or nap in the middle of the day.  Go back to see the parade.  Can you believe I haven't been on the Hogwarts Express yet?  Will fix that this morning!   Very Happy
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:51 am

Hog's Head - Page 28 Thatched_cottage_Adare_Ireland-Dolly442
Thatched cottage in Adare, Ireland. Photo by Dolly442.

Good morning. Dobby, make it coffee and a couple of scones today, please.

Had an enjoyable evening yesterday at the park's St. Patrick's Day potluck dinner. I generally don't attend (they run too late for this early bird), but this sounded entertaining. Nearly everyone was wearing green, but my favorite was a tiny little old lady (who has to be in her 80s or 90s) who not only wore green but also a gigantic cartoony parade style Irish top hat that was pretty much bigger than she was! She got a round of applause when she entered! I made bangers and mash (sized down for buffet style) which seemed to be well received. A minister named Nehemiah Brown provided totally amazing singing for a full hour to entertain everyone, singing everything from big band to old rock to country western to Hawaiian to gospel. Brilliant voice. Yes, it was late for me by the time the social club meeting ended (it followed the dinner and entertainment), but since the clubhouse is just diagonally across the street from me, I survived.

Bundle up to those in the snow areas. Here, we're just getting rain off and on all day.

Here's to a healthy, healing, positive flowing day...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum