Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 16 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 16 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Maxecat Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:59 pm

We watched even though neither of us are huge fans.  Suppose I should have supported another SEC team but I'm not such a Bama fan,so go Tigers. Pretty exciting game.

But, college basketball tonight!  Enough to get the frozen feet feel again.

Homemade vegetable beef soup and toasted cheese sandwiches.

I'm so dipsy. ....I marked on the new calendar the time/ date for my endocrinologist appointment. ...Wednesday,  January 10.....
too bad my appointment was Tuesday, January 10 and I had marked on the extra calendar that came with my copy from the bank. Silly me didn't notice the cute, small calendar that could be taped to the fridge was for 2018. Embarassed  Second time I've had a goof with this appointment. ...guess they can tell the fog is still in play.

Time to get the sandwiches grilling.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:40 am

Good evening all,

You said that the catalogues were arriving, I'm sure that you meant the seed and flower ones when you started talking about the sunflowers too. Maxecat.  I used to get the garden catalogues too and think of all the beautiful additions they had in them for my garden and where I could plant them to enhance what was already there.  It's been years since I've even seen what the back yard looks like, I really miss it and how fragrant it was on summer nights after the sun went down and the evening star opened up.  It was heaven sitting on the swing and watching the flowers moving in the darkness and knowing that there were moths having a little snack of nectar. At least I have the memories of the fragrance and the magic that was there.

My goodness!  I forgot all about Severus' birthday! I was too wrapped up with the awards show. We must have a cake, even if it's a little late,

Hog's Head - Page 16 Wozard10

And Dobby has told me that Severus has given him a magical potion for each of us to add to our beverage of choice with a guarantee that it will cure all of our ails and promote a sense of will being that will stay will us for as long as we feel necessary. Hmmm, sounds like great stuff if you ask me.  Thanks Severus! And a very Happy Birthday from us all...................

Hog's Head - Page 16 The-ma10

Blessings for the start of a magical year for all of us!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:09 am

Happy Birthday Severus !!

We have had some rain maxecat.... Nothing like Northern California.
I looked up the twin harpists. Well, they are cute. Any harp on the media is good to make people aware of the harp. I need to listen to them more for a decent evaluation. What they played was very simple. Also what I saw was not real...Stuff added in the studio. The sound was amplified, but there was no amplifier. The tone was wrong for where their hands were on the strings. All Hollywood, but people wouldn't know.
  Good luck with Maddie!
Karentia, I hope you feel better. I think you should go to the Dr.
   Great news missypotter about your children moving closer.
Thanks for the lovely pictures Always and Hecate.
Hi samtibbs, muggleborn, MJS, Weesa, and Shrievelfig.
I have been half sick this week. Damn medicine. My sister wants me to get it changed. Crying or Very sad
I hope you are all Okay. I love you
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 am

Maxecat Alan was Rowling's first choice but the director Chris Columbus didn't think he would do it so they asked Tim Roth first.

From Alan's bio in IMDB: Despite being author J.K. Rowling's first choice to play Snape in the Harry Potter films (she actually envisioned him when writing the character), he was only given the role in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) after Tim Roth (the studio's preferred choice) Question backed out to star in Planet of the Apes (2001).

From the Harry Potter Wiki: He was Rowling's first choice for the role.

Sorry, I'm an Aspie and I can't stand it when people get their facts wrong or confused. It's not your fault; everybody assumed Roth was their first choice because it was widely reported that he was ASKED first.

My sister got me a job today! cheers We were talking to the woman behind the cosmetic's counter and she asked what we did and mt sister said I was graphic designer. The woman's eyes got really big and she said "Really?" Apparently she does art therapy when not working at Walgreen's and was working on making some pamphlets. So I talked to her and my sister gave her my email and phone number. She said she would email me some info and photos.

I got a laptop for Christmas so I'll be able to meet her somewhere and discuss ideas if she wants. I can also use the laptop at my autism support meetings. The president keeps asking me to be secretary and it's much easier for me to type then write.
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:33 am

Hog's Head - Page 16 TheFelinFachGriffin-FelinFach-Wales-WalesOnline
The Felin Fach Griffin, Felin Fach, Wales. Photo by Wales Online.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have oatmeal with butter and cinnamon, some bacon, and a large mug of coffee, please. I'll be over in a squashy chair by the window watching the snow come down.

Light snow this morning. Doubt it'll stick long but it's pretty for the moment.

Having my furnace maintained this morning. I really should have had it done before but just never got around to it. The filter needs changing and I'm sure it needs lubrication or whatever. Have no idea what the prior owner did but I surely don't want it having any problems in this weather!

Here's to a healthy, nargle-free day for all...

Adding a photo of today's weather report (this is a bush in my yard just outside of the carport)... very pretty!

Hog's Head - Page 16 IMG_1740
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:46 pm

So glad you included the striking photo of the cardinals, Always. Looks like all the males were hanging out together. Probably bragging about the size of their nests and their favorite feeding spots.
Thanks for sharing. Ours don't seem to mingle much.

Yes, shrivelfig, I've seen interviews with JKR where she named AR as her personal choice for Snape. So glad Tim Roth passed for an ape film because he could never have brought out the mystery behind Snape ' s persona. I remember AR commenting how he and Maggie Smith spent a lot of time coming up with different things to do in scenes when they were background to the kids. True professionals and weren't we lucky to have had them for eight films.

That's so exciting about a new job. Congratulations. Let us know what it leads to. With your sister and BIL starting to feel better, maybe you're starting a period of great luck. Good way to start a new year.

Hope the ankle's feeling better, Karentia. You still plan on checking it out? And you can't remember how it happened? Like me and teeth brushing. ..weird.

Yes, Hecate. I love dreaming over seed catalogs. ..hardly ever fulfill the dreams, but it's fun and free.
We spent some nice evenings last summer with lilies and dianthus scenting the air,so I'm getting some pots for them. ..bring them on the patio.
Are you getting rain like we are or flurries? Always is getting snow, Magical Music Dreamer rain, we're soaked. ..I think samtibbs been snowed on. Winter. ...yuck.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Maxie I was just getting up or down to the lunch table. Moved my foot, weight bearing, a smidge different, and zing! Ross gave me a thorough once over. No bruising, no swelling, no tendons or muscles newly out of place. Awesome news! So, use the brace for a while, stabilize the ankle from the naughty movement. And ice my calf, where a muscle series is very tight and angry. He explains every muscle line, tendon line, and their function. He knows the parts that were missing from my previous injury (car over my feet), and said this was going to be fine. Yay! cheers

Oh, those are berries. We don't have cardinals on the West coast, sweetie. Wish we did. Only Jays, Stellar Jays are my favorites.

I am sore after the poking and prodding, and muscle work he did, but I know I am getting better! My shoulder has more motion, and is staying closer to the correct place! Another yay! But have to do laundry tonight, and it is hard to stand here - heat from the dryers helps. I'm baking cookies tomorrow for my contribution to the dessert pot luck.

Shrivlefig that is great, about the job! Good luck with it!

Happy Birthday Sev! Sweet that he provided gifts for us - would love to add that bottle to my collection!

Hugs to all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:15 am

Good evening to all,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your meds again Magical Music Dreamer. I do wish there was something I could do to help the drs. see their way through to getting the right meds for you.  There has to be 'something' they are not trying yet to get it all balanced for you.  No one should have to suffer in this day and age with all of the new medications that the drs. have available for them to use.  Sending you lots of hugs and good thoughts for you and for your kitty too.  Hope it's not too cold there for you, it rained off and on all day long here but at least it's not snow. For what came down in rain that would have been one massive amount of snow in a short time.  Here is something special just for you..............

Hog's Head - Page 16 Potion10

The bush with the berries that look like cardinals brings to mind something that happened when I was about 13 or 15.  I was out in the front yard with my dad setting up Christmas decorations, we were staking out a Santa and sleigh with all of the reindeer that dad and I had made. It was almost life sized and made from cut out pieces that were glued to pressed board and then sealed with clear varnish. Now mind you our front yard was close to the size of two city lots, we had two acres in lawn around the house. Well as we were positioning the spotlights to  light it up at night I noticed that one of the larger bushes was still covered with red berries.  It was the same one that had very large caterpillars on it during the summer months. At this point I said to my dad....'I wonder why the birds didn't eat any of these berries?', and his response was....'Try one', so I did and spit it out immediately because of the bitter taste.  By that evening I was covered with hives and felt so sick.  It took over a day for me to get over the toxins that were in those berries.  The lesson that I learned was to not always do what my father suggested..  Of course he felt bad afterward, but the damage was already done.  I never did find out the name of the bush, just one of the things that were planted when my parents and Nana were doing the landscaping, turning farm pasture land into a yard. You can't imagine all of the different types of trees that we planted.  Mostly elm, which edged the driveway coming from the road, plus, just in the front yard, there was sycamore, honey locust, maple, willow, that one I planted, along with various types of firs, and scotch pine.  I also loved the birch trees that Nana had planted just off of her garage. A lot of the back yard had fruit trees, more maples, some oak, but they grew soooo slowly, and more of the fir trees. For years we never had to buy a Christmas tree, we just cut one from the yard.  Oh dear, I've been rambling again, sorry, but the way the yards were landscaped was really a labor of love.

Here are a few more potions that Severus sent for us to use.  Just choose a vial and add it to your beverage, it will align all inner systems and create well being.

Hog's Head - Page 16 Potion11

Enjoy everyone!!!

Blessings for a harmonious day!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:49 am

Hog's Head - Page 16 TheCrownAndCushion-Minley-Hampshire-GetHampshire
The Crown and Cushion, Minley, Hampshire, UK. Photo by Get Hampshire.

Good morning. Dobby, I think I'll have a couple of soft boiled eggs, some sausage, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

MMD... Sure hope you can get things balanced out with those meds. It's so frustrating not to be in control of such things.

Maxe & Karentia... Yes indeed, those are berries in the photo I put up yesterday. With the bush covered with snow and ice, the red of the berries, even though they're tiny, just popped visually and were a joy to look at.

Got the furnace maintained yesterday, so that's one more thing checked off my mental "to-do" list. The guy was really nice, even volunteering to put my trash can away (trash pickup was early in the am) so I didn't have to drag it through the 3" of snow we'd had by that time. He was also nice to have come out at all. He'd gone in to work only to discover they were closing the shop for the day due to the snow and ice everywhere that made it very dangerous to get out to many areas. Fortunately he lives near my area, plus my place is easy (and level) to get to, so he just decided to do it on his way home. Turned out he's a Lego collector and a Star Wars fan, so we had a nice chat and a mini-tour of my collections after he'd finished the actual work.

No falling snow today, though there's still a lot on the trees, bushes, and roofs. I'll be braving the messy streets later since I have several things to do, but of course, will take care. Weather says sunshine but cold today.

Here's to a healthy, smooth-flowing day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:44 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing I have to hold my sides. ...I can't read my tablet with my glasses on, so when I saw the snowy bush ,I 'read' the berries as a gathering of cardinals. Wonder what else I've missed?
Anyway, it's still a marvelous shot and one to brighten a wintry day.

No more snow or rain, but now we've buffeting winds tossing debris about.

Magical Music Dreamer, you must have a very sensitive system for this unbalance to continue so long.
It's unsettling to hear you still feel unwell with no answers from your physician. Don't think I can offer anything you haven't already considered.
Do your mini vacations make a difference?

Always, we haven't been able to take our garbage bin down the drive for two weeks. ..too slippery.Larry can take a bag or two to the store dumpster, but it's very inconvenient to drag bins around in Winter. Very nice your handyman was kindhearted as well as efficient. And a  Star Wars fan...your collections are great conversation starters.
A win all around for you.

Hope you all find better living conditions today and fun things to do.

I'm taking a seat at the Crown and Cushion and have a hot chocolate and a gooey Bear Claw while I wait for luncheon service to be available.  Great name for a pub.  I'd love to know the back stories to the names chosen for pubs, manors and cottages in Great Britain.

Encouraging news, Karentia. I told Larry about your situation and he was reminded of injuries athletes call 'tweaks'...usually ankles...not really sprains or strains, but a minor (painful) movement that shouldn't happen,does,and eventually rights itself. Seems a good sign there's no swelling or bruising. If I remember my old studies that means there's little inflammation and bleeding, so whatever you're doing, healing is on the way.
So, you weren't doing anything unusual either. ..maybe a sign we need to start working on flexibility? I'm guilty of putting off all my exercise work for too long. Rolling Eyes
Again, no stilettos for you.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing my turn for holding my sides! As if I could ever wear stilettos! Yeah, always been a sneakers and flats person. Tried a few heels, cowboy boots were the best, a good and sturdy heel. Yup, just a tweak, but dang it hurt! Ross said I could do the treadmill and listen closely to my foot & leg. So around 15-20 minutes. Of course they closed the pool area for semi annual maintenance. Argh. Rolling Eyes Will be open in a week, that will be nice to get back to!

Nice to have a repair guy who has no problem coming out on his way home! And a bit of a nerd too! Lovely chance to meet another friend! Yes, your home is a conversation starter!

MMD still sending healing thoughts. Have you thought of interviewing another doctor? Not sure if I've asked. Is this a cardiologist or family doc, or internal medicine doc? Seems like they have taken the easy way out with pushing different meds on you to try, and shrug their shoulders when it doesn't work. So much life has kind of passed you by, as you are having to rest so much. Frustrating for us to see this happening to you, our vibrant friend. Hugs.

The full moon has been gorgeous. Saw it rising last night, at sunset, looked almost like the Death Star on the horizon! It was also rising so far north from where I'm used to seeing it rise, was caught off guard.

Maxie, I'll join you for cocoa and a bear claw - haven't had one in years!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:18 pm

The link to my interview about Peter Davison's autobiography which is in the new issue of the Columbia River Reader newspaper is HERE
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:15 am

Hi All,
Thanks for all of the well wishes. I am going to talk to my Dr again. My situation varies. Some days I am fine, some not, varying with the medicines.
I wish I could drop them, but I can't because strokes run in my family. Crying or Very sad
Glad your furnace man came Always. Nice you could have a chat with him. Nice that he came in bad weather. I am looking forward to reading that article Always.
maxecat, I get sick on vacation too. Sometimes I vary the timing of the pills.
Has everyone watched BBC Sherlock 4? I have mixed feelings about it. Thanks again Hecate, maxecat, Karentia, Always, and samtibbs.
How was the holiday party Karentia?
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:40 am

Magical Music Dreamer,  I have mixed feelings about Sherlock, too,but mostly because there're hints this is the last of the series and while there are clever references to the original stories, not much is going on. The complicated relationship between Homes and Watson is fun to watch,but only if there're going to be stories to tell.
The scenes with John and Mary are poignant considering the recent separation between the actors but I was never comfortable with Mary's back story.

If this is the last of the run,  I'll be disappointed because I've loved this interpretation of the old classic.

Getting ready to get Maddie to the vet.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:41 am

Hi MMD!  The party is tomorrow, Saturday night.  I'm as ready as I can be.  Baking the cookies at the venue, while setting up, somehow.  Or take the dough home and bake after set up and before going back.  We'll see.  Glad to know you are going to chat with your doc.  Good luck with everything!

I haven't watched any Sherlock. Missed the Dr Who Christmas special too. Embarassed

Take care all!  Off to get ready for work...
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:42 am

Hog's Head - Page 16 ThePhoenixInn-Hampshire-GetHampshire
The Phoenix Inn, Hampshire, UK. Photo by Get Hampshire.

Good morning. Dobby, how about some French toast topped with blueberries, a side of bacon, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

MMD... I love Sherlock... even when it drifts from canon. Bascially I do my best to accept the show on its own merits, rather like accepting the HP films on their own merits rather than continually focusing on how much better the books were. (And even that wasn't always true. I still think the films did a few things better than the books now and again.) The Sherlock scripts are beautifully constructed and written, the acting is superb, and the production values are off the scale. Sure, I've had minor quibbles here and there, but overall, it's a show that's "must watch" tv for me.

Maxe... I echo your musings about British pub names. Since I'm currently seeking out pubs with open fires to keep us warm in winter, I've been running into a lot of curious names! Today's seems to fit right into the wizarding world... perhaps a Fawkes fan?

Here's to a healthy, enjoyable, cozy day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Loving the pubs.

To the 221B Baker Street fans, do you have a favorite episode?
I  loved A Scandal in Belgravia and The Empty Hearse. I think the writing is superb and the energy! Mark Gatiss is splendid as Mycroft , in attitude, if not description. The humor adds so much, and I'm a huge fan of the original stories. I need to get the dvds.

Maddie might have a touch of arthritis but x-rays didn't show anything remotely serious. For a kitty approaching her 14th birthday she's in good health. She even behaved herself. ..just to make me look silly,since I had warned the techs she had been temperamental. She received a steroid shot and there's a joint gel treatment we might try if this doesn't work.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Good evening to all,

Good to know that Maddie will be alright, just a senior thing. She must have jumped down and landed funny. Give her a hug from me, if she'll let you that is.

Rebekah was here today, she's leaving to go back to school tomorrow, but the good news is she will be back around the first of May. Hopefully for good. Yay!!! She said to say hello to all of the 'girls' at the HogsHead.

Very tired tonight and need to get some sleep. This past week I've had a new food delivery person...again, Although this one should be permanent, the last fellow was just temporary until he went back to college, after the other fellow lost his job. That was a bummer thing for him. One thing I knew about the guy was he was 60 years old, not quiet as sharp as should be, and he told me that he had to move after living in his apartment for fifteen or twenty years. I felt sorry for him because he didn't know where to go or what to do. Well I found out from this new fellow, Mike, that the other one lost his job because he 'moved in with one of the clients', and that was against the rules. Good grief! This poor old guy was just trying to find a place to live and he losses his job because of it. Well getting back to this new fellow Mike, it seems he doesn't want to leave after he wakes me around ten or eleven and keep talking and asking questions about everything he sees around the room and hanging on the walls. I've sort of been telling him my lifes story, and then have trouble getting back to sleep. His other job is a security guard at the Aragon Ballroom, up on the north side of Chicago. I was there once for a rock concert back in the eighties, but I guess they are still booking venues there. He is a really nice guy, always asks if there is anything he can do for me, or before he knew that I didn't go out, if there was anyplace he could take me, etc. Well, anyway, I haven't been getting enough sleep lately, and with Rebekah coming today, and Laurene here yesterday, I"m feeling very fatigued right now.

Blessings for a fulfilling nights sleep! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:32 am

Hello again,

I decided to do some research on the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago.  It's on Lawrence, just off of Sheridan Road, which is close to Michigan Ave. on the north side in what used to be a very ritzy neighborhood.  The first pictures of of the outside of the building and the architecture on the outside.

Hog's Head - Page 16 A_210

Hog's Head - Page 16 A10

Hog's Head - Page 16 A_810

After you walk in the front doors, and go past security, and ticket checking you are faced with this beautiful grand staircase to climb to get the the dancing and hall area.

Hog's Head - Page 16 A11

The following are different views of the ballroom itself and the last one is on the second floor looking along the balcony that surrounds it.

Hog's Head - Page 16 A_410

Hog's Head - Page 16 A_510

Hog's Head - Page 16 A_610

Hog's Head - Page 16 A_710

Hog's Head - Page 16 A_910

Hog's Head - Page 16 A_1010

Hog's Head - Page 16 A_1210

I hope you enjoyed this mini tour of one of the grand old buildings that are left in Chicago.  There has been talk in the past of tearing it down but, as you can see it is a remarkable work of art in itself and should be kept 'well and alive' for prosperity.

Blessings for a trip down memory lane!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:37 am

Hog's Head - Page 16 ElephantsNestInn-Horndon-MaryTavy-Tavistock-Devon
The Elephant's Nest Inn, Horndon, Mary Tavy, Tavistock, Devon, UK. Photo by Elephants Nest Inn.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a sausage, onion, and egg scramble, plus a tall mug of coffee, please.

Hecate... Glad you've got a pleasant and helpful delivery guy, but hopefully he'll learn you need some rest, too! Sounds like it's turning into Grand Central Station at your place these days! Fun, though, even if tiring.

Maxe... Favorite Sherlock? Hard to pick, but I really did like "A Scandal in Belgravia", loved the Victorian setting for "The Abominable Bride", and this past weekend's "The Lying Detective" was a smashing good episode, as was the previous week's "Six Thatchers", but when the word "favorite" is the actual criteria, for me, it would have to be "The Great Game". Well, it was a terrific episode, but the icing on the cake for me was when I heard Peter Davison's voice as the voice of the planetarium narrator. He was uncredited and just did it as a lark when Stephen Moffat asked if he'd like to do the voiceover. Yeah, I admit I'm biased. Just a bit.

Here's to a healthy, pleasant, smooth-flowing day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:57 am

Always, your 'prejudice ' is very understandable. And I was unkind to corner you into naming a favorite.
They all have fun aspects. Too bad the series is a victim of its own success. As much as I adored Rathbone and Bruce ,the update duo won my heart. Not as sure about a giggling Moriarty, but, he's fun,too.

Sherlock with a baby is hysterical. And his parents. ...

Now, with a season and possibly series ending this Sunday, they're hinting at a sister? Unfair.

OK. ....Elephant's Nest. ...there's an image. In my imagination it's a compromise agreed upon by an old married couple who were determined to name their pub after a favorite interest.

Wish there was some academic source out of Great Britain that addressed the naming of places.

My brother has a friend who works in an old manor house in Northern England, maybe he could ask for me.

Another dreary day,with rain. We've heard we might be having a warmer and wetter Winter, which doesn't hurt at all. I'm a little afraid the trees might start budding and then we'll have an ice storm.

Have a few tedious chores to start,so I'll wish you all a pleasant day.

Nice to know Rebekah will be back in a few months, Hecate.
Hope your new delivery guy and you can work out a nice schedule. You never know when your next angel will show up,but you're entitled to your privacy.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:21 am

Actually, found a possible answer to my own question.
A site called Project Britain has a nice article about common themes and various names for cottages. I guess since the wealthy and old families named their manors, little people could name their own 'castles '.
I suppose place names helped identify pubs or shelters before street addresses were assigned, or more people could read?
You just know Ivy Cottage is going to be pretty, The Rose and Crown pub is probably very old..but Elephant's Nest?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:07 am

RIP Alan Rickman. Still can't believe it's been a year. Reading all the reminiscences make it feel like it was just yesterday. Sad  Still can't believe he held my hands.  Embarassed If you look through photos, you'll see he doesn't get real close to or touch strangers/fans.

I know I've gotten stronger (the advice he gave me) since I was able to navigate the Tube in London. Though I did have an app on my phone.

Had trouble getting to sleep again last night. I was up late reading things posted on Leaky Cauldron, Facebook, etc...
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:37 am

Hog's Head - Page 16 ShibdenMillInn-Halifax-WestYorkshire
The Shibden Mill Inn, Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK. Photo by Inn Places.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd like a mug of hot gingerbread spice tea, plus a couple of cranberry scones, please.

Here's to a healthy, pleasant, cozy day for all... :hug:
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Gingerbread spice tea sounds amazing. I'll take a mug, too.

I can't imagine taking the Tube, shrivelfig. ..you're a lot braver than I am. I hate using BART when visiting my brother in San Francisco. I need a chaperone when out of my house. Laughing

The various tributes to AR the past few days have been wonderful, but so sad.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum