Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

+13
rainsom
Larka544
samtibbs123
ladyhawke
dazlious394
Magical Music Dreamer
Karentia
Maxecat
Juicybit
missypotter
Tamsin Yeobright
Potions Mistress
arcadia
17 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made

Post  Larka544 Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:29 pm

OMG...O_o I recognized him only .... heh ... Nose and facial expressions! They dyed Alan! Crying or Very sad XDAlan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 FFN_TheButler_EXC_RAK_091112_50883115
Larka544
Larka544

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Karentia Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:37 pm

More likely a wig, and a padded suit. To fit in with Reagan's looks, did a pretty good job! Now, to hear how he changes his voice...
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Maxecat Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:41 pm

If I could pick another life,I think make up artist would be fun to try. I keep meaning to check on Face Off,I think that's the name Hecate talks about...the contest among make up and character creators?

Hard to see Jamie,the Colonel or Sheriff under the Reagan face/attitude. great work!
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 ButlerBTSbyDailyMail

Here's another behind the scenes from today's Daily Mail.

That's not Alan's hairline, so my bet is on a full wig (not just a frontpiece). It's such a short shoot that I doubt they'd do a full dye job on him, when to get the real Reagan-ish hair (very thick and dark) a wig would work better and easier (along with makeup of course). Now.... the voice remains the question!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:42 am

I think he can do that breathy voice...all he has to do is start a sentence with a "Well," and he's on the way. Flattening the tone without going too nasal is trick for Brits when doing American voices (it is for me as well Laughing ) but no one is expecting a documentary or a night club impersonation...I'm stunned at Fonda's Nancy! Of course too tall but it's Hollywood.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 SnapePoAwDumbledore

Behind the scenes video from PoA for your chuckle of the day... Very Happy
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:32 am

That did start my day well! Now I think I know where that one frequently posted shot of a laughing Severus comes from....
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:51 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 ButlerNancy-Ronnie

Here's a link to Jane Fonda's blog about working on The Butler, which also has a couple of additional pix of Alan on the page. Excerpt:
Another thrill was acting with Alan Rickman who plays Ronald Reagan, watching his focus, seeing the results of the careful work he did to ensure he captured the essence of the president. As Hilary Shor said after watching him in his first scene, “You could sense not just the president. You sensed the cowboy, the rancher, the actor–all the facets that made up RR.”

Last edited by Always on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:25 am

Wow, never dreamed I would read a blog by Jane Fonda, especially about Alan Rickman! Suprised all around! Nice job & fun pics.

Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:29 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 ButlerBTS2

Here's one of the other photos from the page. Karentia... I guarantee I never thought I'd be quoting or linking to anything by Jane Fonda... but the writeup is a nice piece and the pix a welcome break in this current Alan drought. I will, however, be glad to see Alan's lovely silver hair once again after these last two bewigged roles. (Somehow, Snape's wig was different, but then, Snape was entirely himself, not just Alan wearing a wig. Wink ) Right now, I wish Gambit would release a bit more promo material!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:26 pm

True, that!

I wonder if I could copy Oprah's top? As a busty gal, it can be hard to find flattering stuff... can't afford to buy something from her level, but as a seamstress & having access to my stockpile of sequins....oooooo! Cool
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:35 am

The first mini trailer from Gambit has arrived. Uh, you might want to be sitting down.... Wink
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Have to admit I wasn't expecting that...
or the Spanish Inquisition.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Looks pretty funny. I wonder how widespread the showings will be?

There was a Chinese movie I wanted to see a few weeks ago...but when my cat got sick...we were too distracted to get to the theater. Well, one week or so...and it is now gone from the whole LA area!
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:28 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 GambitLaughing2_zps5daca8c1

The new extended trailer for Gambit has arrived for your viewing pleasure. It's also on Youtube if you can view that easier here.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 GambitParty_zps95252e9c

By the way, Alan has been reported as being back in London. Whether he'll be there till the Gambit premiere is, as yet, unknown. The premiere date is noted on filmdates.co.uk as:
Film Gambit
Date Wednesday 14th November 2012
Time 6:30pm
Venue To Be Confirmed, London
Attending Colin Firth, Cameron Diaz and Alan Rickman are expected to attend.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Ok, will have to go to a theater near me for that one! Really a Coehn brothers collaboration! I'd also say that it looks like Alan is using the teeth from Nobel Son! Funny! Thank you for sharing!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 GambitTrioPoster_zpse2f35328

New poster for Gambit from Den of Geek today. One (of the many) thing(s) I like about the Gambit footage so far is actually being able to see Alan SMILE in a film! Very Happy
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Ok, is my memory ever jogging right now. Didn't Alan play a character of the same name as Colin plays in Gambit? Harry Stanton? I know he was Harry in 'Love, Actually', and maybe we never got a last name....

Fun poster. I just want to go play with the kitty! And yes, I agree it's fun to see Alan laughing & smiling! Even playing an extremely eccentric billionaire - what a fun time he must have had!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 GambitHunting_zps2285a6e9

Another pic from Gambit (courtesy of the Polish Fans of Alan Rickman who seem to have magical access to stuff not seen elsewhere!).... or perchance it's a pic of Colonel Brandon later in life?? Laughing

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 SnSnDoorway_zps95095768

Well, Colin's character is named "Harry Deane". Alan played "Harry" in Love Actually, but never had a last name that I've been able to confirm (including in the book on the making of the film which has the full script in it). I saw the character called "Harry Trevor" once, but it wasn't in an official source (we did adopt that surname for Harry back on the HPANA thread since he needed a name after all!).
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:41 am

Ok, at least I knew they have both now played 'Harry'.

Interesting picture, and very curious how Poland seems to lead the way with early pictures? Don't even have a guess, myself.

Thanks for the fun comparison pics!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:40 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 Gambittmagnifier

The UK's Daily Mail reports on a Alan's next project:
Rebecca Hall, Alan Rickman, Richard Madden and star-in-the-making Shannon Tarbet, pictured right, (last seen in the Shared Experience production of Shelley at the Tricycle Theatre), who will shortly begin shooting Patrice Leconte’s first English-language film called A Promise.

The film’s based on the novella Journey Into The Past, by Austrian writer Stefan Zweig. Set at the turn of the last century, it tells of a young man who goes to work for a wealthy man and falls for his wife. Work and WWI conspire to keep them apart for nine years, but their relationship is tested when they meet again.
Till then... Alan's been spotted out and about in London, touching home base before his new film starts up.

Added 9/28... FansShare offers an article on Rupert Grint. Excerpt:
He also talks about working alongside Alan Rickman again in CGBG, saying, “Yeah, it was great to see Alan again and working with him in a different kind of environment was strange, but it was great. He’s always been someone that I’ve really admired and one of my favourites actually from Harry Potter. It was great, he was actually quite fatherly on the film, because obviously he’s known me since I was quite young. He was really nice and it was just really a great experience because I’ve always wanted to be in a band, and to pretend was fun.”
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Very nice to see an actor of a certain age busier than ever doing film work. Stage actors can continue as long as they can stand up and deliver lines but film seems so unforgiving to people who have the bad luck to age.
I'm glad the Master is in demand and having a lot of fun.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:00 am

It can also re-create a career for later in life - Seeking Ned Divine? That fellow, I really don't recall what movies he was in previous to that, but he was in many after!

It is also in inspiring screenplay writers to have an actor in mind when writing. Trick is getting it through the channels & greenlit before the said actor is now too old, or whatever. Such as Miss Petigrew Lives for a Day - not written for youngsters in total - but took 50 years to bring the book to actually be filmed!

Glad the man is still active, no matter what the venue!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:15 am

From Contact Music:

Alan Rickman attends Stanley Tucci and Felicity Blunt's pre-wedding drinks gathering at Shoreditch House London, England - 28.09.12

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 At-StanleyTucci-FelicityBluntPre-Wedding9-28-12

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 20 AtTucciBluntPreWedding9-28-12

The new facial hair must be for the upcoming film. I think I prefer the beard... but ah well, 'tis Alan!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:46 am

And it looks like the mane is all silver now. Nice! Transition time is so frustrating - be is grow out facial stuff or hair...

I heard Target has the special editions 7.1 & 7.2 out - might look tonight, but will have to wait to purchase till after my holiday.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum