Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

+13
rainsom
Larka544
samtibbs123
ladyhawke
dazlious394
Magical Music Dreamer
Karentia
Maxecat
Juicybit
missypotter
Tamsin Yeobright
Potions Mistress
arcadia
17 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Potions Mistress Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:35 pm

I'm digging the pinstripes in the "blurry" pic! Alan always keeps it classy.

I love the cat story, max. Sounds like yours has exquisite taste! But I find most cats do, anyway. Smile

What have I been up to...let's see. Working (thankfully my job has gotten better—I was recently moved to a different department so I am doing more writing/editing work now than I was), organizing/cleaning my apartment (I moved in February and there are still several touches I want to add to make it as cute as possible!), trying to read and write more, and watching the Olympics, of course! What about you all? Anything new outside of Alan-land?

The "Always" pic cracks me up. I first saw it on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago. Are any of you on that site? It's addictive.
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Always Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 Seminar65bySaraKrulwich
"Seminar" photo by Sara Krulwich

Potions... sounds like you've been busy. As for me, it's been more routine, work, home.. and... emulating Alan in his library above... reading. Since I got my Kindle, my book addiction has taken over. study And I'm enjoying every moment of it. I definitely would love a library as large as the one Alan had in "Seminar"! Oh, with Alan in it, of course! Wink

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:21 am

Had I been able to get or build book cases, my house might have looked like that...with Alan included,of course Smile The set from Seminar is part of my dream home. (AR included)

Instead I had boxes and piles...eventually I started sorting and selling them. I swear it was like selling my children. Some of my books are older and at times more dear than my children...
I use my Kindle but it's not the same as a book...and those e sales are getting expensive,too. Crying or Very sad

Then there are the DVDs.....I have them alphabetized,with the black and whites in their own storage cases...and my Harry Potter collection is its own case...I keep the B&Ws and Harry in easy reach in case of fire.

Cats,purse,hidden cash,DVDs.My own version of Constant Vigilance.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 DieHardVillains

Nice excerpt from a writeup about "Die Hard: on Awards Daily today:
For an action movie to be great its hero has got to be likeable and humane -Willis does that job very well here- but a great action movie has got to also have a great villain and Alan Rickman’s Hans Gruber is just that. Gruber is not a one dimensional terrorist; he is a manipulating, well versed and educated man that knows exactly what he wants to do. Gruber is methodical and is patient with his intentions. His charm and intelligence make him seem like someone who wouldn’t cause harm but he can. He is in fact very scary because he is very real. Rickman, with his well trimmed goatee, gives us a grueling, intense portrayal of evil.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:47 pm

And after all this time,it's (and he) still being written about.

now,that's a classic.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:51 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 Dust-AlanRickman

An update received today from the folks at Dust:
Another update...we haven't forgotten about you!
Submitted by Jake Russell on Sunday, Aug 12th - 09:21
Project to update:
Dust, starring Alan Rickman and Jodie Whittaker
Hi Everyone, we realise we haven't checked in for a while to let you know what's been going on, so here's the latest. We're incredibly proud and excited to have the truly world class post-production house The Mill on board to do all our visual effects and colour grading. They're in the final 3 weeks or so of work and we're hoping to have a completed film by the second week of September (perhaps in time for Sundance!). We really, really appreciate your patience and understanding because as we all know these things need to take as long as they end up taking (naturally), which is perhaps a little longer than we'd have liked, but so be it.

We'll send another update in a couple of weeks, but rest assured the project you have all made a reality, is fast becoming the very best it could possibly be.

Thank you and speak soon!

Jake and Ben x
ADDED 8/14 an article by Antonia Quirke from last year's Telegraph which has a cute Alan conclusion:
A discussion on child abuse, introduced with a reading from Lolita by an actor, specifically Alan Rickman or possibly Jeremy Irons, as there was a link after all, or maybe Alan Howard? I wrote to all three, and Howard said yes. Rickman didn't even reply, though I'd pointed out that we'd spent 10 seconds in the same room after a radio broadcast several years before. 'You won't remember me…' my letter had begun. He could have written back, 'You won't forget me…' You won't forget him. When you're 80, you'll remember Alan Rickman. Rickman is a control freak.

He is Pacino-esque in repose, a master of verbal control, sucking everything towards him with his tractor beam. That he dedicated years of his life to a project about Franz Mesmer, the hypnotist whose name gives us the word mesmerise, strikes you as an interesting description of how well Rickman must know himself. He was an RSC boy and took his time to relax into the possession of the space he seems to need, where he does his best work, lolling like a leopard. And then later, with a little more space, he came into his own, blowing the top off London's head with his stage Valmont in Dangerous Liaisons.

How can we sleep for grief that Rickman never got the part in the movie? Malkovich was brilliant. Rickman would have been better, would have become a megastar. Rickman loves sentences. Rickman loves vowels – whenever he says a word beginning with a vowel, such as 'I' or 'ever', I get a little shiver at the almost consonantal edge he gives them. Because Rickman has the most beautiful voice in the world. Mesmeric.

The late music writer Ian MacDonald once drew a distinction between McCartney's 'vertical' melodies and Lennon's 'horizontal' tunes: Penny Lane vs I Am the Walrus. Rickman's melody is horizontal, unscrolling over long passages of sheer beauty, often resolving on a tonic note that can sound awful close to a weariness with his own power. And so everyone casts him as a cobra, when his heavy-lidded drawl in fact contains all the colours of the rainbow.

His best movie? Sense and Sensibility, playing the romantic lead. He's 60 now and you worry that the movies looked this gift horse in the mouth somewhat. But I love him. We all love Alan Rickman – the Mongolian eyes, the literate face, the gun-dog smile, which he peels back to reveal teeth which actually glint. And quite honestly, I am so faint with desire picturing him now that I can hardly type this.

So imagine my reaction when, a couple of days after the talk, I received an apologetic message on my answering machine (he was filming Harry Potter and couldn't get away) from the cobra leopard gun-dog himself that began, ''Of course I remember you, silly…'

I slept with the tape
Added 8/20: The Ottowa Sun presents Liz Braun's "Top 10 Ghost Stories", including:
Truly, Madly Deeply (1990)

Just because it's a ghost story doesn't mean you're not allowed to feel good. A love story about a widow (Juliet Stevenson) whose dead husband's ghost (Alan Rickman) returns to hang about until she's back on track with life. Brilliant.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 FleaTheaterAug2012
Tweeted by the Flea Theater. Detective work finding it by Dazlious.

Pic of Alan at last night's Flea Theater rehearsal for "The Krapp Hour".

Alan's name is all over the internet between the cast lists for "The Butler" and the not-very-new slo-mo Epic Tea Time video, which has now gone viral...
Acclaimed thesp Alan Rickman stars in this overwrought spoof video called 'Epic Tea Time with Alan Rickman'.

It sees the actor making a cup of tea but shot in super-slow motion capture. Sounds daft, but throw in a tense 'Inception' soundtrack and Rickman flipping the table over and you have bizarre, slightly scary viral genius.

Check out his eyes 3 minutes and 55 seconds in.
Snitchseeker has an interview with actress Ashley Greene about CBGB, including:
How was it working with Alan?
Ashley Greene: Amazing. You know, I was a little intimidated at first because I didn’t know quite how he was going to be - I admire him, I think he’s a fantastic actor - but it was great. He’s really fun. He definitely gives a lot to his fellow actors, which is great. If I was thinking about something he would give me tips. It was really great.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Potions Mistress Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:22 pm

max, do you ever get free books on your Kindle? My mom has one and is always getting ones for free or really cheap ($0.99–1.99). If you don't know where to find them, I'll ask her and get back to you. I don't have one myself, so I'm not sure how it all works. I did download the Kindle app for my computer because it was free and my mom wanted me to "buy" this free book about cats (I still haven't read it—keep forgetting about it).

Always, that's such a cute story...I would have slept with the tape too! Lucky lady.

Saw a short writeup about CBGB in one of my Entertainment Weekly issues the other day. It was mostly about Stana Katic (from Castle), but it mentioned Alan. Sigh...the things that make us happy. Wink
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 Empty Request..

Post  Larka544 Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:53 am

Hi.
Does anyone know what is the current address of Mr. Rickman ? Question
I know that this is no longer valid...
Alan Rickman
"CBGB"
C/o Film CBGB, LLC.
ATTN: Production Office
2315 Louisville Rd.
Savannah, GA 31415

From the top, thanks. ♥️

Larka544
Larka544
Larka544

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 SOLn4pensive

Alan's official mailing address remains:

Alan Rickman
c/o Independent Talent Group
76 Oxford Street
London W1D 1BS UK

At the moment he is not in London, however, but in New Orleans preparing to shoot "The Butler" (if the oncoming hurricane doesn't interfere!). I suspect that will be a fairly short shoot, so probably not the best place to try to mail him there in NOLA.

Potions... I've gotten free books for my Kindle. Just do a search for "free kindle" on Amazon and a VERY long list of results will appear. If you're after a certain author or title, search for them first, then sort by price. I've gotten free books, but I do check the reviews. Sometimes it's worth paying a bit more if the formatting is better. "A bit more" may only be a dollar or two to get a better edition!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Potions Mistress,I get prompts from Book Bub,for inexpensive books..however,chances are they are free or cheap because they're not very good. I got one on the last days of Anne Boleyn.
Perhaps it was someone's doctoral work because it was simply edited letters from people involved at the time. Considering the drama of the situation it was so dull I couldn't finish ...something that hardly happens to me when it comes to books.

I've started reading customer reviews of books on amazon...if I see too many complaints,I'll avoid a full price book and wait for a paper back,or pass on it.

Last edited by Maxecat on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 Empty Request..

Post  Larka544 Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:24 pm

It remains for me only the manager? ;/ Thanks for the information. I hope that I can get an autograph. I was very keen on his personal response, because I have a few questions ... Maybe too soon to punish a different address. I live in Poland, so the information only with equal zaczerpuję forums.
Kisses; *** I love you
Larka544
Larka544

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Welcome,Larka544. It's always nice to meet new people who love our Alan. I love you
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Potions Mistress Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Welcome, Larka!

Yeah, my mom has definitely found a few stinkers on the free/cheap Kindle lists, but she's found some good deals too. Some of them are only free for a few days because of a promotional thing, so you can find some good authors that way. I love Amazon; they are always having special deals on cheap MP3s, too.
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 DHrain
Dark Harbor screencap of a very drenched Alan.

Dazlious managed to catch a glimpse of Alan and Rima in New Orleans today as she was scurrying around preparing for Hurricane Isaac. Hope everyone gets to safe shelter!

By the way, forgot to say Hi to Larka! Hi!! Welcome to the site.

8/30 Update: Today's NY Post reports:
Isaac rains out all-star flick

Shooting on the big-budget Lee Daniels-directed movie “The Butler” was shut down in New Orleans as Hurricane Isaac barreled down on the Gulf on Tuesday evening, Page Six can exclusively reveal.

Cast and crew of the film — including Daniels, Cuba Gooding Jr., Alan Rickman, Oprah Winfrey, Robin Williams, Lenny Kravitz, Melissa Leo, Forest Whitaker and producer Hilary Shor — were evacuated to safe locations until the storm passes.
“Evacuating Louisiana. Hurricane Isaac please be gentle! Everyone be safe!” co-star Alex Pettyfer posted on his Twitter feed on Monday.

Minka Kelly, who plays Jackie Kennedy, and Jane Fonda, who plays Nancy Reagan, were due to fly into New Orleans on Monday, but their flights were canceled at the last minute. A source told us, “The cast and crew for the film is huge, and it was a giant operation to get them out. But everyone has been taken to safety. The stars were flown out over the weekend right up until the airport closed.”

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Potions Mistress Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:03 pm

Hope everyone stays safe from Isaac! I know the flooding, etc. is terrible down there, but I must say I am grateful for the rain that is supposed to be heading our way. Good things come from bad, you know...
Potions Mistress
Potions Mistress

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 USOpen9-3-12byFameFlynetPictures
Photo by Fame Flynet Pictures via Zimbio.

Alan at today's U.S. Open in N.Y. Nice to see him surface!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 Empty Alan Rickman- something the lord made ...

Post  Larka544 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:50 am

Hi. Very Happy

I see that Alan still lives in the United States ^. ^ There does not seem to address it ...; (If someone can know about an address, please reply.
Ps. Thank you for past greeting. I love you
Ps. 2 I am going to shool , oh my God ... !! study
Larka544
Larka544

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:41 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 GambitPoster

Finally something from Gambit! Don't know how good the film will be, but Alan does look dashing!

Larka... Yes, Alan is still in the US but is not working at a public venue at the moment. He will probably be going back to New Orleans for The Butler soon, once they have resumed filming. Just a word... It is considered very bad form for a fan to write to a celebrity at their residence address unless they are a personal friend. If a celebrity is working a lengthy period at a theater or studio, then those places can be tried as addresses (with no guarantees), but at the moment Alan is on personal time. His official address remains the one via his agent in London.

jocolor Edit 9/7: Quick chuckle on the new Gambit poster created by an AR fan with some clever sound editing: here.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:29 am

I will have to catch up with these posts. For some reason, I haven't received email notices for this thread for a long time.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 Alan2
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:16 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 DuckieBrownFashionShowSept2012

A rather bored-looking Alan viewing the Duckie Brown fashion show in NY on 9/6. Fashion Whirled has more photos here.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:47 pm

I'm going to admit that last place I'd imagine seeing Mr R at would be a fashion show,unless it was a retro showing of vintage costuming.

Then again,I just had a flash of the man strutting the runway snapping that Snape cape with all the style in the world,so maybe there's a secret fashionista there.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 DuckieBrown2

From the various photos plus a bit of video which shows him in the background, he really seemed to be uninterested, to say the least. Yet he has been seem at other fashion shows in the past, so maybe it's just a way to keep his eye current on what fashion is out there. Question Or perhaps the designers are friends of his... Question

Update 9/10/12: Oprah Winfrey tweeted the first pic of Alan as Ronald Reagan. The look is quite close, but just wondering what The Voice will sound like...
Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 19 ButlerByOprahW
Her tweet reads:
Oprah Winfrey ‏@Oprah
Director @LeeDaniels , @JaneFonda as Nancy Reagan , Alan Rickman as Prez Reagan and me gonna be a long nit
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:19 am

Interesting. I wouldn't have recognized him!
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:51 am

Oh, my! He does make an interesting Reagan! Jane Fonda would have been far down on my list - too tall if I'm not mistaken.

I too stopped getting notices, just caught up. Nice to see you Potions! You Pin too? Cool! I'm there under 'Karen King' with a picture of my dance face on. I can't remember your name, but it is my facebook photo too - I think we are fb friends? I love pinning, can't get Always interested. Love the pic above - hilarious! Will have to find it for my own Harry board.

As for the Voice, I too, would have slept with the tape - then recorded it onto cd, into my computer, and possibly my voice mail. Ring tone? Can you imagine 'silly girl' on recycle for a ring tone? Fun!

Welcome
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum