Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonvale

+3
Greatheart
muggleborn
Magical Music Dreamer
7 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Dragonvale - Page 14 Empty Re: Dragonvale

Post  samtibbs123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:15 am

Finally have a frostbite waiting for it to hatch, used a hail and my dark dragon, hope they bring them all back for Easter, then maybe I can get my seed, love this game!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:01 am

Got the 12th Island (what a fee affraid ) cleared the small bushes that I could get to, but saving the rest of it for the next event in the hopes it will help get all the prizes. Now trying for the elusive Aquamarine in both my breeding caves, counting that one I need 11 more to be completely caught up with all the currently known dragons. Wondering what St. Patrick's day will bring and then of course the Winter dragon will become unavailable and the Spring dragon put it in it's place on the 20th when the Seasonal dragon/habitat will change appearance.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Thought I had frostbite, turned out to be a crypt. Oh well, one more for the pedestals. I have a few of the basics missing, really don't want to buy them. I will keep trying for those. I gave up on gemstones, just don't have the knack. Bought the ones I have.

Yup, my most recent island is waiting for the next event before I clear it too. Expensive is right! Although I'm still down in the 40's! I hate to think what those cost. Just glad the dragons earn so well!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Slowly getting back into the game. Got a Seed right off and my Carnival but boy, it's hard even when following the tips. I've a ways to go on before being eligible to ge my 10th island. Think it's 10.
Some of thos people on fb sure extensive parks.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:58 am

YEp just got the island only 2 billion to buy it coff coff, think like Weesa I will save the rest of the clearing for whenever, still need a seed, a nightmare and the 3 remaining snowflake dragons sigh, tried for that seed every day sigh! Sigh sigh! Maybe I will buy him later. Saving gems with the idea I will be able to get somethng special but at 5 to 10 a day it is a slow slow process, love seeing everyones islands, they are all so different, would love to see yours Wessa! Have a super day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Are you all also friends with Beth Bilberry Doss? I love her island themes! I think she has all of them! Looks so cool, now to see if she moves her habitats around to fit. I want to buy more, and yes, takes a long time to build them up, since I don't buy gems.

I keep trying for a couple of the basics, the dodo, and one of the lightening, as well as the shadow. Don't want to buy, want to breed! Well, since I have many of the 'oops' eggs in the pedestals, it is a way to raise cash by selling the extras. I am also trying to feed all my dragons up to level 15 that I can. Getting there, takes a lot of patience. Guess I should also be saving some bucks for my next island, even though I just bought one. I have most of it ready to clear, waiting for our next event.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Been trying for a Dodo since starting up again. Funny, had no trouble some but others? Grrrr

yes, Beth has beautiful parks.

The themes are dramatic and the dark habitats are striking in that setting but you lose the other decorations. I only like the plant. The cold? Oooo, I've seen enough.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Finally got an Aquamarine been trying for it every March and Bring Em Back event since I started playing. Now as long as they don't create a new dragon I need ten more to be complete. Can't get them though til they become available since they're all limited time.

I've taken a break from redecorating my islands so they are a total mess at the moment. Been distracted lately with Muggle world issues, so haven't been able to get in a lot of game time. Would love to see pics of all your islands.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:15 pm

I got an Amethyst and Jet right off, but I can't seem to get that Aquamarine.
I'm so impressed by the parks some players on FB have created.
I think they've been at it a long time.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:11 pm

I wanted the Lapis, and with that sale, how could I pass that up? I think I have bought all my gem dragons. Have not been able to breed any.

I know Weesa! I wish I knew how to do screen shots, I'm not able to right now.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:51 pm

Anyone else found their first Easter Egg? Wasn't sure what to look for - first one was a yellow switlled egg, same size as the ones hatching, dead center of a path, near a portal. Took my second visit to find it - first one I didn't know we could have an egg to find! Fun! I can hardly wait to see the Epic Dragons! They look cool from the mini views I've seen so far!

Have fun hunting!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:46 pm

And its already a double points weekend! Yay! Egad it will take a lot for earning everything! But worth it, if we can feed our special dragons up to 15! All the gems, rainbows, etc! Yay! bounce cheers
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:33 pm

I was surprised that we have to find an egg this event, but it's been interesting to see where it's placed every day. Been trying to keep up the game between Muggle world activities, probably won't be able to collect enough to get all the prizes but will enjoy what I can. I'm saving my gems for that Lost Island, fun that the Golden Egg gives one every time you find it. The Nature path is pretty, now I have to figure out how to work it into the island designs.

Karentia I have no idea how to do a screenshot on your phone, perhaps Always knows.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:49 pm

That egg hunt is hard. Those wizards have stuck that egg in the trickiest spots. I liked chasing Gardenia much better.

Can you save for a specific prize? I thought not. I wouldn't mind just getting gems or food aftet the event.
I got a Celtic on St Patrick's Day! So many I need to try for since I lost 2 months.

Weesa, you don't follow the game/ group on facebook, but some of those players have jst exquisite islands and are tons of eggs ahead. They must buy stuff. After being shut out I'm not interested in buying anything.

Still, I'm so happy to be back.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:50 am

Yeah, one gal bought $50 worth of gems when they were on sale, so she could get it all. But its what she does. Ack. I love the game, but I am not buying gems. Not after your experience, especially. I bought my Celtic. Hoping to breed another before its up. And I saw a combo for the other gem. Trying them. After the specials are gone again, going to try for a sun - still don't have one.

Doing the edit path was the only way to find the egg this last time - was hiding behind an earth habitat. Had to move it to another island to tap it. Really want that epic dragon! Almost have the habitat.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:53 am

Morning all

Yep I refuse to buy gems, I will conti ue to plod along getting what I can each time and leaving it at that, getting closer to buying the island with gems, probably 4th of July or such, like you Karentia I am getting close to getting the habitat sooo who knows! Maxie it is so nice having you back with us, and I have discovered several of the specilaty dragons breed on the last day they are available, guess it is their way of rewarding us for all the misses, although I have made considerable money selling the extras, good for buying new islands and clearing them at a million or more each item!

Weesa would love to see your islands if you could post the picts,

Have a super day all, and have fun!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:26 am

Ah, today's egg was hiding fully behind a light habitat - edit path & moving the habitat was the only way. So leave yourselves a space to move a large habitat to! I had to move it many islands, because I had just got my epic habitat! And I'm not done clearing the island yet that I put it on. Laughing It is just a game, but I'm enjoying it! Glad we can help each other out with eggs & gems - wish we could have you in that too Weesa.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:15 pm

I've got the Monolith Habitat now, luckily I've got enough room on the new island cleared for it. Haven't had to move anything to find the hidden egg luckily, fingers crossed won't have to. Really want to get at the very least one of the Monolith dragons. All caught up on available dragons at the moment, only need the Emerald to complete my gemstones and that won't be here til May. Nope buying gems, can't see spending real money an any of the apps I play, especially on my limited income.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:28 pm

Congrats on the Epic! I'm working on it.... So many eggs, so little time!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:57 pm

I;ve only participated in a couple of the Events but isn't this one more difficult than the others? I mean for collecting enough eggs to get the prizes.

I'd rather collect eggs for gems, if I had my druthers. I've seen on FB that many people are unhappy with this particular event. Some have almost all the items acquired already!!!! They claim they don't buy eggs but with a limit you can collect daily I'm not sure how they make that work. Obviously they use social media for friends' eggs. Not sure I want to deal with strangers than way.

I finally met my goal of a Dodo and am giving it one last try for a Solar Equinox in these last few hours.

samtibbs, I'm so glad Jessie has included me in her friends' group, I love visiting her parks. She has a good eye for interest and balance doesn't she?

I think if I continue to add themes to my parks I might stick with Air, Plant and Water. Like I'm deliberately adding cold to my life????
The dark ones are dramatic but they seem to obliterate all the decorations. What was the use of buying paths, lamp posts and flower gardens if the theme is going to hide them.

My Air dragon is available for breeding now, so I'm going to send it and Lava out for a romantic interlude. I keep hearing that combo and 3 others are the best but I've only got the one shot,so.....hope they connect.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:48 pm

I am concentrating on getting a sun. I still have not bred one. I have one combo romancing over and over - but the sun has to be bred between 7am & 7pm. Ok, guess that makes sense. Yeah, the paths on the darker themes really are a bit odd. The white brick shows up nicely. But I use the free paths a lot right now.

As to how people get so far, right? Just feel like I am plodding along, and they are gazelles. Rolling Eyes I know it is quicker if you buy the gems. Not being tempted. Looking forward to the next double points weekend. I hope it is this weekend!

Jessie has a fun and creative flair with her parks! I enjoy everyone's parks - steal ideas from time to time - especially breeding pairs. Rolling Eyes I hope to get the dodo after I get a sun & a spare for the egg stands. What did you use to get your dodo?
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:01 pm

I used Earth & Chrome, but Earth with Willow or Snow is also recommended.

It seemed to take forever.

Just hatched my double rainbow but the Solar Eclipse is slipping out of reach for now.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:32 pm

I will try for that after I get my sun, or maybe what I am trying for now.... Sakura. I'm trying flower & lava? Oh, wait, supposed to have dirt in there, lava is dirt & fire? Egad. I don't know anymore.

Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Do you have the breeding app? I always check it when deliberately breeding.
Let me check for Sakura. Got mine last year and don't remember how.

checked. Recommended dragons Flower & Tree.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:44 am

I don't have the app. Ruth Kiwikiwi on Facebook showed the chart to me online - I want to print that out! Yes, and a couple other folks told me that is the only combo too. Like the one I tried for - carnival? Yeah, 2 weeks straight with pepper & earth. Nothing. Both at level 15. Grrrr. Mad Oh well, it is a game, right? I had just started to think about that line "only an idiot expects different results from doing the same thing time after time."

Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum