Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonvale

+3
Greatheart
muggleborn
Magical Music Dreamer
7 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Dragonvale - Page 8 Empty Re: Dragonvale

Post  Karentia Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 pm

Oh, bristopher, you are welcome to join! We are a group of friends who enjoy similar interests, and this thread is for dragonvale, your question is valid, but we are all just stumbling through the game too, I think. It mostly depends on how many of each dragon you get, I have 5 plant habitats, and only 2 lightening, at level 32. I just got more plant based dragons.

I got a second firecracker, then a third. Same with my moons. Trying for Liberty. Maxie, I do agree that particular dragon does remind me of a sleek furred, chubby cat! Congrats!  What a Face 

Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Well finally got apearl on the last date it was available and a ruby egg last night, so now I am trying for a victory and a hydra, bet I have sold a dozen repeat dragons in the last 3 days still it is fun.

Bristopher don't think you are intruding you are more than welcome to join us and ask, like karentia says it is trial and errorr for all of us!

Have a great day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:42 am

samtibbs, I've developed 2 Electrum in the past few days..ones still in the egg...been trying for the Ruby so often I think my Chrome and Scorch dragons are getting on each other's nerves. Ruby and Liberty...those have been my goals for days...some of the eggs have taken a long time to breed and then hatch,so a lot of time is wasted with these short term dragons. I do think I have a gold egg,as well. I'll know in,what, 48 hours?

Still, with more dragons and higher levels it's easier to get income/food.those gems are hard to get and keep.

Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:47 pm

Heads up ladies!  Get ready to upgrade again, another very cool looking event is coming.  July 10 - August whatever date - Fireflies!  The teasers from the Facebook page are neat - glow in the dark neat!  I know - we have no dark, I think that is part of the upgrade.  Looking forward to it!

Now I need to go see what my day plus breeding is about to produce - so curious!

Urgh. Still have another 8 hours! Must be 48 hour breeding time. Really want to know!

Oh, and the firefly goes thru August 3rd. 3 weeks of a new game? Better save my internet time now!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:01 am

The new update to the app is here, appears we will be hunting fireflies for the next few weeks. Supposed to start sometime today. Good luck everyone.

I have managed to get the Lunar Eclipse, Ruby, Liberty, Seasonal, and Summer. Now trying for a Dream.

Karentia yep the houses/huts all on one island are just the decorating ones, thought it would be cute to have an island set up as a village.

Had to giggle at orderly being used to describe my islands, didn't think about it really just put things where I thought looked best, while keeping in my mind what boosts to put on each island and which ones cause negativity for others.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:48 am

Oh, wow I did not think about negativity.  I was just thinking similar or close cousin.  

I think I have a hydra brewing!

Maxie & Samtibbs I keep forgetting to tell you I like your recent work on your paths!  I just have hard time adding them, I like the open grassy feel.  I like other peoples paths, just not ready for me.

I did do my upgrade, but nothing yet except a change to the open. I guess we find & catch fireflies to give to the wizards? There will be dawn & dusk dragons to allow the park to get dark enough to see them. Pretty new open. And you can watch a short video to introduce it. Waiting.....
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Because of storm conditions around us my internet connections have slowed and stalled...I've been kicked off of Dragonvale so often I finally reported it,so I haven't attempted the update. Guess I'll try now.

Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:16 pm

It is beautiful! But then again, my favorite time of day, sunrise or sunset! And collecting the fireflies is the same as the easter egg hunt, find them as you do your normal things like harvesting, tapping treasure chests & party hats, etc. And 2 new dragons? Or 4? Can't tell yet. Good luck getting in Maxie! Fun!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:32 am

Do you need to install the updated version? I keep trying but get timed out.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Yes, you have to go to the play store or app center to download the newest version, but it only takes a few minutes. They give you so many fireflies to start, so you can get your first thing right away!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:52 pm

I managed to upgrade but it took a long time.....both my lap top and tablet are getting very slow...don't know if it's the graphics of the games or the satellite ( maybe residuals of the Mercury retrograde?) but it's not as much fun as it used to be...keep getting timed out of the game. Sad 

But I did get a pretty Gold..and a third Electrum.which I'll sell...don't need 3 of them Trying for the Ruby,the Victory and Liberty...

I like the graphics of the twilight/sunrise parks.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:29 am

Maxecat I think that is probably the satellite slowing things down and perhaps the Dragonvale servers if a lot of people are at the same time as you.

I've got the first two rewards from the fireflies working on number three. A bit confused though because they give you an unhatched Dawn egg before you can get the habitat to hatch it into. confused 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:42 am

Oh, fun, a dragon you can't hatch until you win the habitat? You can't put him in the other habitat while playing? Bugs and plans....

I thought I had something like a hydra, nope, got a bronze. At least I had not limited out on my habitats - bought another treasure since I just filled this one up. Keep putting interesting mixes together to see what I get. Sometimes the ones I think will be really cool give my the 30 minute hatching/breeding time and pop out a poison or flower. So much for too fancy.

I wonder if the full moon is complicating things. Maxie have you cleaned out your computer/tablet lately? Sometimes simply shutting off for a few minutes & rebooting can give you more speed, cleans the chaff out so to speak. Or delete your cookies - except for here... And dragonvale. I don't know, we are such technotards I figure we can share our few tips with each other.

Good luck!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Larry supposedly cleaned out the extras when he returned to using his own laptop. I have no idea how to clean the tablet of extraneous 'stuff'.
I think the atmospheric conditions have something to do with it..also, it's at least 4 years old..almost ancient in computer years.

Everytime I visit another park I get kicked off the entire site and have to start again. Wondered what that was about. Maybe not be able to get income and fire flies from samtibbs or Karentia. Not sure if muggleborn has had the time to upgrade her park since she's had other things on her ming.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:26 pm

And since I view my internet time on the phone as my entertainment, yikes, that would drive me crazy! I don't know why there would be such a lag & drop issue, other than yes, your internet coverage/availability. Yuck. Good luck getting better spots - have you looked into getting a WiFi router then doing your TV through something like Netflix or Hulu? I ha e no idea about costs, coverage, availability in your area, just brainstorming how to get you better access, and better service. Heck, over here you can walk into a Verizon store & purchase/rent a 4G antenna! For your home or office! No idea what that costs either, but wow, your neighbors could all go in together for that! Have the best service in the hollar!

Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:47 pm

We have a wifi router for the internet connections...a separate satellite for tv. As we live in a 'holler' as it were we are out of direct range of airway connections. Before satellite (no cable runs through here at the moment) our outside antenna barely got the major networks,epecially in summer even though the people at the top of the street could pick up tv stations out of Cincinnatti (100 miles away)...the difference in land elevation made all the distance.

thought about Netflix/Hulu but downloading video takes a long time and breaks up...not sure how effective it would be. Very frustrating at times.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:26 am

OK, so you have the best in a frustrating setting. Just had to ask/suggest.

I got a dawn dragon! Takes 825 fireflies. And it hatches in a minute, goes in your sun habitat until you get the new habitat. I noticed the dragonfly count is up - getting 4 for most things, 8 for visiting parks. I want to get more this time. Fun!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:44 am

Yes, it's double weekend. I'm enlarging my sun habitat to accommodate my Dawn dragon.

I'm quite annoyed with the company. I saw the deals with the double fireflies and while I'm not into buying stuff I purchased a jar of fireflies (since I missed out on the first couple days of the event)
I did not receive them but have a receipt for the $4.99.
I posted the problem right away and other than receiving a link to post the situation again,have heard nothing back.
It was only $5...but still...

That Dawn egg is almost too pretty to hatch. The Ruby, too...but they're so hard to breed,you have to hatch them.

I need another island if I'm going to organize things better...wonder what level that takes?

the "a" key on my keyboard is sticking...you may see some new,shortened words.... Laughing 
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Argh! Frustrating when you don't get what you pay for! May come through Monday, might be human at the other end dependant? Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, saw the banner for double points as I got on at lunch. Cool, will help get the next dragon, but looks like you don't need as many for the second dragon? Can't tell. Still in all, it is a fun past time.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:27 pm

It is frustrating..and I'm not one to pay for game things like this,or Candy Crush etc... so, I'm really irritated .

Since the last upgrade my system isn't working right. I'm kicked out of my own park after I visit another. I have to constantly log out,then back in to FB in order to access your parks, there are more "wonky" spells...

If I weren't so far along,I'd uninstall it and do something else. If the inconvenience continues I guess I will anyway,but not before complaining to the Backflip studio.

It's drizzly and I'm grumpy
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:43 am

I understand Maxie. I am in the middle of a pity party for one, so I'll sit on the bench with you and sulk. I will be better tomorrow, after work. I just went through my site, realized I never replanted at lunch, so nothing to harvest, got no fireflies at all from collecting funds, only got from visiting, and I know I missed at least one party hat but just could not see it. Grumpy indeed. But its so complicated. I think I'll just read Wuthering Heights & go to bed.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Hello ladies I hope everyone is having a better time with their dragons today. Maxecat I'm not sure if I asked this before but does Verizon offer internet in your area? It may be a better option that what you have if they do.

I've been able to squeeze in the time to get the first three prizes in the firefly event, working on the Dusk dragon now. Had to put my Dawn in the Hibernation cave since there was no room in the Sun/Moon habitats for it. I'm hoping to be able get the new habitat to put them in but if not will have to spend gems on getting another Moon habitat for them to go in.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Move over, Karentia,I'll make tea for the pity party. My luck is so bad, the "a" on my keyboard is sticking....coming up with new words all the time!

I can't access either of your parks. I've signed in and out of my parks several times...no go.
Tried visiting a random park but didn't get any fireflies. Still haven't received my extra fireflies and get the wonky spell message every few minutes.
Nargels,for sure.

My laptop gets its connection from our Hughes satellite.It's the cheapest way we've found. We have basic AT&T for our cells and land line..once again...it's the cheapest and we don't have the internet package only phone.
The reception's usually good but outlying storms can interfere ..guess that's what's going on now.

I sure feel stormy myself...my personal connection could be stronger. Laughing  think I'll read for awhile and hope to fall asleep again.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:38 pm

Sorry to hear that Maxie, about the nargles & storms, no good! Napping is very good!

Weesa I felt lucky to have plenty of room on my Sun habitat, have lots of room! They sure are pretty! I'm working on the dragon egg on the pedestal.

I got a silver! So pretty! My treasures started popping up - cool. Yeah, I don't go in for many doubles, so no need for hibernation. Not yet anyway. So far I have room in most habitats for at least one more, plus something like the Apocalypse, totally empty.

Have fun!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:47 pm

I want a Dream and a Hydra oh I do I do!

Maxie that is the pits you are being hit with nargles, hope it clears soon!

I would love to actually get something major this time but with them needing 800+ tokens just to get the eggs I will be lucky if I get both of them, sure wish I had another island coming but now that I have reached top level nothing but nothing is offered sigh!

Karentia if you want something to give you harvesting credit quickly plant the sarjin peppers it only takes about a minute for them to mature

Weesa how are you doing? getting anything wonderful??.

Hope you all have a super day hugs All!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum: