Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karentia's Corner

+3
Maxecat
missypotter
ladyhawke
7 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Karentia's Corner - Page 4 Empty Re: Karentia's Corner

Post  Karentia Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:19 am

Believe me, I would love it if we could resolve this with dignity and understanding. Never thought about the 'awe' factor. I just am living my life to the fullest. So be it. If it takes Morgan & I driving his stuff to an apartment in Seattle, I'd do it is a heartbeat. It does not need to become a confrontation, unless he just continues to squat. He I not welcome here.

I didn't tell you, when I first went to pick him up he gave me a hug (smothered) and an unasked for kiss - I could not back up. Did not respond, but for leaning back & getting to my driver seat as fast as possible. The nerve! I don't care who you are - invasion of my space extreme! He obviously thought everything was hunkydory. Uh-uh.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:47 am

Well,I repeat myself...no matter how often you speak or exchange letters with someone there's nothing like actually meeting face to face to found out the real chemistry. Or ,at least the chemistry needed to share living space
Apparently he came to live with you and Morgan with different expectations. He might be as disappointed as you are.

Looks like a late sleep in day. I'm going to tackle my indoor things now so I can get at that garden today. I'll be in luck if the soil dries up by this afternoon...lots of rain last night. Everything looks fresh and green this morning. a good day.

talk to you all later.

I'm not sure the elves are up yet...it's very quiet in the pub's main room.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Well, I don't know about the pub, haven't been in for a while today, but I wish I could have slept in! Having to be up around 6:30 on a weekend is just not right. I know, I picked weekends, but I also picked closing shifts.

In any case, I've been eyeballing the really cool set ups through Michaels for all the paper, scraps, fabric & ribbon storage they had online this week - wow. That would be so nice to be able to build something like that! But knowing the eclectic in me, I will end up with all kinds of odds & ends. I do have these neat shelves left over from the last bunch of shelving units I bought - using them for my dvd's. I think they were used for someone's mail shelves? Looks like a good set up for that or paper seperation. Too bad they fit the dvd's even better! So all those shelves with nothing to go into....Hmmmm. Crafting thinking cap going on - what can I do? cyclops
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:06 pm

Ok, so yes, the new shelves went for the dvd's in the living room - very cool & works fine.

I'm using my portable fold up table to work at in the craft room for now. Have things in bins still, and now I need to bring more bins home - get them organized against the wall opposite the work space. These will be just supplies & tree bins. All the other odds & ends will either go into a smaller storage unit, or if I can get the back shed fixed, in there. Big hole in the floor, means rot. plus rotting steps going in - not so fun.

Have more goodies to take in there, set up & unpacking will take a while. But I love the idea of the ribbons on a dowell, I have extra, small curtain rods - might just get some new wall mounts & hang them from those - or under the shelves?

The little shelves went up neat - but I guess I went overboard with the screws - they don't lay flat enough in the holes - can only use 2 of the 3 shelves. Might have to pick up another set of rails & shelf... extend down, with 2 shelf pieces, total of 4, more useful than 2. Since there is not enough space in the bathroom for storage, my extra makeup & jewelry are on one shelf so far - mostly bellydance makeup.

So another trip to Home Depot, or maybe wallyworld, for a few more odds & ends. Will keep my eyes open for yard sale goodies to help out in there.

I picked up some curtains & shower curtains (all fabric) to help create a tent cover for our Aladdin's themed tent. Some stripes, some solids, some with interesting patterns of swirls sewn on, all in medium to dark colors - will help in sunlight to keep it cooler inside. Now to borrow the tent for a week or so once the sun comes back - to plan & sew the stuff together! If nothing else, I have curtains for life. Got them at Ross. Also picked up some copper looking buckets for icing goodies. Had picked up turquiose ones at Target last week. 4 buckets for ice for the energy drinks, cheese & such to stay chilled? Priceless! All on sale? Fantastic!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Too bad Pier 1 went stupid and got rid of their wonderful Indian gauze table cloths and wall hangings...not quite Ali Baba but similiar in exotic style.

In my craft room (along with the fallen ceiling Sad ) are assorted bookshelves filled with books and supplies. At the flea market found a great little "ladder" shelf....leans against the wall...hold loads of things. I'm trying to box and label supplies but sometimes it's difficult to decided what fall under which catagory..some things cross over in the sewing,scrapbooking and beading departments,you know?

I think I could 'shop' my craft room for 90% of what I need for inspiration.

Good luck with your dream room.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Here are two shots of Karentia's craft room. She says it will evolve over time and seasons. Can't wait to see the crafty things she produces.

Karentia's Corner - Page 4 KarentiasCraftRoom2

Karentia's Corner - Page 4 KarentiasCraftRoom1

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Laughing I so know what you mean! Unfortunately I don't have that much stuff to shop from yet. And as for moving things around, and what catagory, I try to keep it simple - either it is a paper, jewels, fabrics, or from a specific tree, leftovers, like Victorian, Flamingo, Under the Sea - so I can have some crossovers in there.

I started with one bin of leftovers. Picked through it over the years, and moved things around, and now I've moved more things around after the last shuffle from one unit to another - took the time to re-bin everything with the new themes in mind: Animal/Wild at Heart; Victorian; Venetian; Avatar; Under the Sea. I may have a few other things floating around, but really want to try to stick with just 5 years worth of trees at a time.

Between that and the other closet being for belly dance & costumes, including the laces & silk bins, as well as all the cross stitch supplies. Have a couple more bins to put in there. Have a few short but long bins under my bed, still debating on whether to move them or not. They have my beads, and fabric on bolts.

One bin at a time.

Thanks Weesa! Now I can share my lovely chair too! I love it! So comfy for working there. I've always had the worst chairs, I swear. This one is supportive for sitting forward or back. And is cushy for long term sitting.

The bins/drawers next to the table will get re-sorted now. Some will stay, but the others will be necessary for more frequent items - like my glue guns & sticks. I have them all over the place.

I have another set that will go on the other side, just need a new home for the things in there now. Might be the boxes I picked up yesterday, and some will get cut up for the rag bin. They have old long johns in them. Or jeans I hope to skinny down to! Would be nice to put the radio on top of the second set of drawers.

Now to just be able to make it pay for itself.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Will post it as soon as you send it. Perhaps you have a local flea market or something of the like where you can sell a few things after build up an inventory?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Actually a friend started up an artists co-op in LaConner! I need to check into it - one of the artists, friend of my daughter, already sold a saloon style dancing girl doll! She stands about 2 feet tall. Through my fb page, I think, you can go to That's Knot All Artitsts Co-op. Claire was going to create the life size dolls for the Victorian tree.

Anyway, if I get off my tukus & get in gear, I can get a few things framed better, and get them on the walls over there. The pen & ink Pronghorn on my wall could go first - might give the frame a coat of stain though. Better them going where people will be looking for art to buy than just hanging around here I guess. Laughing

bounce Would rather be there today!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Had a request to post this here - for anyone who wants to make sugar free jam, or low sugar jam, they do have Sure-Jell pectin for low sugar recipes. You can use Splenda, but it is a little bitter, and you do not remove the foam! That is the Splenda! So try it with Truvia or Stevia. It is something of an experiment, but better that than no jam at all!

Looking forward to an all day shopping junkett coming up at the end of the month with a new bunch of gals. Looking forward to working with a budget, to buy new toys & things for creating more goodies for sale & the trees! Love learning new things!

Maxie, I'm not sure if you want me to keep an eye peeled for anything specific for you? Give me a heads up>
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:34 pm

hmmm...what's the tree after this year's Wild at Heart?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Hmmm, oh, wow, you want me to name that? Very Happy Will have to think more after I move the bins into the house! popcorn cherry jocolor My mind just is not home right now to even remember what else we are working on Maxie! I'll think about it & let you know in the next few days.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0420122215

Nifty new crafting tool Karentia bought for a steal at Michaels, for those projects where hot glue just won't do.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:42 pm

This thing is so cool! Has a line of glue it dispansse instead of tape, but does it like a tape gun! So fun! And a really good deal! Thanks Weesa!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:43 pm

I really have to slow down - keep double posting...
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:53 am

Pictures of Karentia's home gallery.
Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0427121705

Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0427121706

Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0427121708a

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:03 am

I guess they are part of an art gallery walk - every last Friday of the month. And tonight is the artist Open House. We'll head there after the wedding in Seattle, to see & be seen. Wish my three peices that are being framed were done, but not till May 1st.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 01, 2012 1:36 pm

These are the picks from Karentia's "investment trip" Wink . Will let her give describe what is in them.
Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0430121918a
Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0430121918
Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0430121917
Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0430121538
Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0430121239
Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0430121230
Karentia's Corner - Page 4 0430121049

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue May 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Lolz Weesa! Thanks for posting!

Ok, the top three are the findings of my day, to that point! Paper, so many I lost track. I did manage to take the biggest booth. But in my defense, I am really starting all this, and yes, it is an investment in my future business & pleasure of doing the trees!

The one of the card is in a store called Art & Soul, amazing ladies there! Home away from home. They had a make & take, gift for each & discount! Woohoo! Will take photos later of the gifts & make projects.

Sorry, stupid phone. The picture of the store below I guess has the special treat of fresh baked cookies! Nice ladies! I bought so many things in each place, and they all had different specialties. It will take me a while to organize all of this when I get home. I think I will look at a second hand store or two to look for inexpensive storage for the papers & such.

Wow, I think I'll start heading home soon, but still waking up with everyone else.

Oh! The purses - that was at 'the Picket Fence' - cool girlie store! Bought a peacock file folder & fun napkins for trees. Thought that wall looked so cool! It was a specific designer, but I don't remember who.

Last edited by Weesa on Tue May 01, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : combined posts for Karentia)
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 01, 2012 2:39 pm

My nieces would love the purses, one actually had me looking at the Vera Bradley website the other day affraid .

I combined your posts for you, I know the phone won't co-operate so thought I would help you out.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue May 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Thanks Weesa! You are wonderful!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat May 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Maxie, the next tree will be .... not what I thought! Just checked the date for the release of Avatar - 2015! So, we have time.

Should probably do the under the sea tree & get 'er done. Have 2 bins alerady, and I'm seeing mermaids & fish themes everywhere - should be able to pick up a lot of things on sale this fall. So yes, let's set it as Under the Sea for 2013! I have some papers with bathing beauties in the large swim suits from the early days of the black cover ups from hell, as well as more risque from the same time frame. Picking up more scrap & paper as I go. Would be nice to get things made!

Suzanne is going to help me with crafting some of the decorations for this year! Will take a weekend & grab all my gear to head to her place - taking just what I need for that tree! And some back up tools & bits & bobs.

But I really need to put down somewhere my plans in entirety for the tent!

Ok, so we have the tent cover & ties all done & in a bin. Trying to decide on whether to use rebar with a fabric sleeve, or tiki torches, jammed into buckets of sand, to tie the front corners of the tent back with - have the lovely large tassels & cords. I can make quick covers for the buckets from what is leftover from the topper. And the sleeves for the rebar if that is what I use.

Now I have to paint & cut out the Genie, going to attach him to one of the side posts I think - so no lit tiki torch, but like he is hanging onto the post - oh! Maybe the lantern holders! The iron hook style - can put one of my candle holders on each with the LED candles in there! *Bing!* And I can cut a hole between the genies arm & side to be able to slide that in place, having the rest of it standing behind the tent flap, and stick the base (wrapped in foil or something) into the sand! Aha!

Where do I get sand? Hmmm, leftover sand logs from the winter, beach, bag o sand from the hardware store, collect after work tomorrow night from the sand dump just down the road..... decisions decisions!

I have 2 5 gallon buckets - from the berries. Oh, not able to do it tomorrow night, still have berries in it - maybe, depends on if I get the jam all made, leftover berries go into ziplock bags.... have 2 more weeks to get this.

Then have to make the sign for the front of the table - printed out pictures of Abu the monkey, and the genie. Also have samples of type face fonts to choose from to create the lettering - has to be readily legible. And should I use some grommets or just punch holes to attach the sign to the table...

You know I have to make things more complex to finally find the simple, right? bom Suspect affraid

Hence why I would like a clone. sunny

Perhaps Morgan & I will not spend as much time south - but I can find the candle holders at one of the locations we are going! cheers
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun May 27, 2012 7:04 am

Seems to me rebar is less trouble,unless you think you'd need the bucket/torches again and again (I'm thinking storage issues)

Glad to hear about Under the Sea coming soon...I've seen those marine images everywhere too..

Amazing to hear Suzanne's helping with the decorations! (I write that as though I really know the lady Smile ) You should have so much fun!
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun May 27, 2012 10:46 am

Well, the 'shephard's crook' style plant holder is what I'm going with. Picked up one at walmart yesterday - saw a woman pull the other one off the rack as I walked towards her. The boys in the garden dept. Said if I order the other one at walmart.com it will be here in 24 hours. Barring the holiday. Cool. It is a 64" tall piece - the others were too tall or too short. Have haning candle holders to suspend from these, and yes, have the genie 'hold' onto one!

Jam is done, 5 batches with 2 morre in the freezer in ready to cook size. Ran out of jars with lids. And energy.

I'm delighted in finding Suzanne! Sister from another time! She is such a sweetheart - and when I stay down there I have permission when we are not crafting to just be lazy & relax. That is priceless. Plus her husband Brian likes me - I am a good converstionalist with him, we didn't talk politics, no demands, not pushy - few of her other crafty friends are well, a bit on the opinionated side & know how to push his buttons. Actually it's just one, Julie. Very creative woman, merchandizes greeting cards around Issaquah to N Bend & I think into Bellevue or Renton. Nice gal - bit of the Napolean thing going on with her. She is shorter than you Maxie, but takes up a lot of space in the room with her energy, voice, and opinions.

Tonight I will start on the genie. Will paint him. Too much for markers!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun May 27, 2012 10:53 am

Oh! Forgot to tell you I am going to use the whole tent setup with my dance costume vendorship! Just have to buy my own tent end of season. So it will be handy for a fun & noticeable tent! Just no Genie for that time.

And the crooks can be used in the garden for hanging lights again if I have a party in the backyard. Or plants. And now I don't have to make a fabric sleeve for that project. Still will cover the buckets.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum