Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karentia's Corner

+3
Maxecat
missypotter
ladyhawke
7 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Karentia's Corner Empty Karentia's Corner

Post  Karentia Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Hello World!

This thread is for anyone to share creative projects! Photos, ideas, what you have been working on or upcoming projects!

Most of those who started this website together know I am a very creative person, always have some craft close to hand, or pictures of the latest project in process.

Weesa is posting photos for me, since I'm technically challenged (don't have my own computer).

Currently I have one double sided mural, 2 Tuscan themed cross stitch ornaments, and bellydance bras & costuming under construction. I will be sending in new photos soon to Weesa of them.

Anything goes here! If you have a question, are stumped, or proud as a peacock & want to show us, come on in, sit down & let's have fun!

Karentia

Last edited by Karentia on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Karentia's Corner Empty Re: Karentia's Corner

Post  Maxecat Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Karentia,I feel at loose ends not doing any crafting,though I find myself constantly looking for Tuscan themes..
I know it's way early but have you considered any colours for the eventual Venetian tree? I keep running into masks and finding myself sketching designs and if there were particular colours to look for I'd start getting them.
Barbara,the medium,told me by next year I'd be busy either making things around me pretty,or making pretty things around me. Think I got that right...anyway it seems like my environment might be brighter in a few months.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:54 am

Ok there are quite a few images to post (I have an entire section of my image account set aside just for Karentia's creations), so here goes. The first is the Christmas tree from 2010 done for a charity auction, the theme for the tree as you can tell is Harry Potter.
Karentia's Corner Karentias2010XMASTree

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:29 am

Always make me smile...we had such a good time making things for that tree. I'm glad it found a good home,a lot of love went into it.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  ladyhawke Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:56 am

I am a very enthusiastic crafter. Should I start my own thread or are we going to keep the posts in this one? I wasn't sure because it's "your" corner.
ladyhawke
ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:02 am

Karentia is literally like the energizer bunny with all her creations going at once and I'm afraid anyone else may just get lost. So my suggestion is to start your own thread to share your creations and folks can post their comments/questions/suggestions for the creator of the thread. Hope that made sense.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:43 pm

I guess that would work well for seperate crafters to have their own home thread in here for showing their creations. I would also like to invite anyone with questions to post here. Glad to answer anything I can about multiple styles of crafting.

I'm the first to admit I'm terrible with knitting, crocheting, or lace work & tatting.

Anything else, including possible welding? Go for it!

Thanks for starting the photos Weesa! You are so cool! I'm such a techno tard & challenged.

As for the Venetian tree, think Peacocks Maxie! I can ship you some feathers, or go to Save-On-Crafts. Saw a couple of masks over the weekend to inspire me as well!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:19 pm

I think I knew about the peacock element and feathered masks are going to be knockouts. I was wondering more if you were going to use jewel tones and antique golds .The Venetian element would be well represented by the jewel tones but in the mask tradition there is also stark but dramatic black and white as well.
I've seen some blank cat masks that are calling out to me.
As soon as I can focus I want to try some ideas. Since this is going to be some time off,I'll be able to work out details. Could use a little creativity to freshen my mind.
Did you see the sample masks for the online class at Roses on my table? If I had a faster broadband I'd be taking those classes but my current 3G stops and starts too much for continuity.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Karentia's 2009 Submission to charity:
Karentia's Corner ChristmasTree

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:09 am

Karentia's Corner 2009VictorianXmashatbox
This is the first (of many) pic of things Karentia has created Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:10 am

Karentia's Corner Anotherhatbox

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:11 am

Karentia's Corner AmethystFaerie

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:12 am

Karentia's Corner Smallhatboxinsideothers

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:13 am

Karentia's Corner Mediumhatbox

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:14 am

Karentia's Corner Eagle

Love this, can't believe it's all pencil Shocked

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:15 am

Karentia's Corner 0226001912

The girl is Jessie, Samtibbs' granddaughter.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 am

Karentia's Corner Bellgreenandredsidetwo

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 am

Karentia's Corner BellOrnamentside1

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 am

Karentia's Corner BellOrnamentside2

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:19 am

Karentia's Corner Headdressandfacefinished

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:19 am

Karentia's Corner MiniTreeFinished

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:20 am

Karentia's Corner TreeNearlyFinished

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:22 am

Karentia's Corner KarentiasTreeathome

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:23 am

Karentia's Corner Karentias2010XMASTree-1

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Lovely! Weesa, you have some pics that I don't even have anymore! I'm glad you were able to save them! Thank you!

The hat boxes & the bells were for the Victorian tree, my first entrance to the world of Victoriana - with Maxie being an excellent guide & mentor through the whole tree - such inspiring pieces she sent for the tree! The large oval one I'm thinking of doing for myself at some point in the future. Loved it!

The faerie was for the Mythical Christmas tree - she was the Amethyst faerie. Each one of the teacup ones were made from porcelain, and I had to assemble, paint their faces, and create wigs & clothing for. Then there were barbies that we made into both faerie & mermaids! Maxie did a fair number of those - and such a bunch of beauties! Caliope, the carousel dragon with Jessie, was also for that tree. Each critter was representing someone we lost that year - 2007? We had 53 people represented, all three of us who worked on it here had lost our mothers that year.

The pink feathered creations are from 2 years ago - the Flamingo Las Vegas tree. Oh, what a fun glitter filled confection that was! A gay man's dream for sure! I know because he was helping me & wanted it himself! Laughing

Yes, and Harry. My second Harry tree. My lovely dragon, 23 feet long, was supposed to wrap all the way around the base, but I forgot how solid the bases were, and he is a bit hippy. It was so much fun creating all the special things for that tree - you could stare at it for hours before finding half the special stuff on there. Memory bits in bottles, patronus for all the main characters, potion bottles, books, dvd's, clothing, aragog! It was amazing!

So yes, this year is Tuscany. Will start sending pics any time after 10:00 I think. Thank you to my photo elves! You rock ladies!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum