Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome HPANA members!

+8
Admin
Tundiel
Maxecat
Greatheart
Always
Poca
Lady
Karentia
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Welcome HPANA members! Empty Welcome HPANA members!

Post  Maxecat Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:22 am

Since we've sent out invitations to HPANA members to stop by,I thought I'd give a reference point as to where to start.

Because we're just getting underway,you can see we have plenty of space in the general discussion area to establish threads,so feel free to start something new if we haven't thought of it yet.

Karentia has started the Coffee Clatch which is like Molly's Table. Right now they're actually discussing coffees and teas! I'm being mockingly dissed because of my happy addiction to Diet Coke and can't really join in on the table talk.that's ok,I can take a ribbing.

Welcome,look around.Let us know how we can improve.
This is not HPANA,nor is it trying to be.We're just another spot for like minded people to hang out without the distractions of facebook,and as an alternative to our beloved HPANA if it has to fold. No
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Welcome HPANA members! Empty Re: Welcome HPANA members!

Post  Admin Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:55 pm

I second the Welcome! Please enjoy the site and as Maxecat says any ideas are greatly appreciated. No this is not a replacement for HPANA and we'll never try to be. Just think of it as another home to gather with old friends and make new ones. sunny

Perhaps someone would like to create a table with open discussion like the Elder's Table has? It would allow for more discussion which is always welcome here.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 pm

I started the Coffee Clatch as a possible replacement, not thinking it would devolve into just coffee. My bad for not really opening up the perameters that I had in mind when I started the thread, and have since fixed that little problem. So for anyone who would like to join the chat table - please feel free to come here or to the Coffee Clatch. If someone has another idea they think would be better, or rename the existing thread? Ok, whatever works! Just so happy to have a backup should Hpana fall to the wayside, and it is such a bright & cheerful place to get friends gathering in anyway... sunny
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Well now it sounds as though Hpana may be a thing of the past and my heart is aching, so many dear friends and wonderful people have graced those pages, sigh!!!!!!!!! I am delighted I have most of the e-mail addresses and such but many I do not! Crying or Very sad I hope that perhaps Hecate and Always will feel free to join us here.. think I will go over to the coffee Klatch and post some of my favorite teas, something comforting!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Welcome HPANA members! Empty I'm here!

Post  Always Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi samtibbs... I'm here already. I don't have Hecate's email address, but hopefully someone else can contact her about this site.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Welcome HPANA members! Empty Finally...

Post  Poca Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:28 am

Alright, it took me a while to find you guys... But I'm glad to be on, and hopefully more members of HPANA will join us and pick up where we left off in ... what was it... October? I can't even remember it having been so long... But anyway... I'll see what I can do about my profile picture, for some reason I just can't find the same one I used to go by.
Thanks all for creating this!
Poca
Poca

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:51 am

Welcome Poca! Glad you found us!

Okay... courtesy of the wayback machine... here's your old avatar! You may want to upload to your own photobucket for safekeeping!

Welcome HPANA members! Emma_releaseparty
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:00 am

Hello Poca,

it si nice to see familiar faces! (don't want to sound like that hag Dolores: "to see so such happy little faces..") I'm just in the middle of HP5 (again).

Hey Always, good job done and very quickly.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Welcome to the group,Poca. Is this your HPANA name? I don't recognize it from the Elders,so could you tell us a bit about yourself. That way, you won't seem a stranger very long.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Hiya Maxe... Yes, Poca was on HPANA. I mainly knew her from playing on various games threads... "Counting to a Billion" et al! However, since we didn't do much chat there, I'd love to know more... including how the little ones are doing.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Welcome HPANA members! Empty Cheers!! :D

Post  Poca Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Oh, brilliant, Always, you have my old avatar! Thanks ever so much. I never thought to save it, imagine that?! I was rather attached to it, and perhaps people on here will recognise me better Very Happy Yaaay!
Yes, I was Poca on HPANA. I also go by PocaHauntsUs on some sites, but I'm not all that into other forums. I think there's someone with that last alias in some poker site, but that's not me...

Yes, I used to post mostly in the Gamekeeper section of HPANA, although this was only the past 3 years, I think. I wonder how far we could've gotten, counting to a billion.
Before I had a family life, I spent a happy while whining about Michael Gambon disappointing me as DD, started a few threads myself. And spend a lot of time "thinking". Very addictive!! But that was a long time ago.

Talking of family life, things are going great. It's amazing how fast time flies! Mats is already 18 months, Liv turns 3 in June. They get along wonderfully, although Liv tends to boss him around. We're so fortunate to have 2 healthy, happy kids: they wake up singing, play nicely, and they eat well and follow instructions, more or less Very Happy
Liv is all potty trained now, and she's trying to find other ways to earn "bonuses". She's completely deaf in her left ear, so she's going to speach therapy right now,and is doing well. I'll miss her occasional mispronunciations before too long, as some of them are too funny. Try keeping a straight face, when your daughter is singing about "turds" instead of "birds". We don't want to encourage mischief Smile
Mats is walking, talking and saying a lot of "no!", even when he means "yes, please". He's a happy, dancing little tub, cute as a button, and he knows it Very Happy He'll bat his long lashes and tilt his head, and isn't beyond a pouty grin, to get his way Smile

So what have you all been up to? How have you all fared without HPANA? I wonder if you're all still enjoying Pottermore? I'm hoping they're adding more books soon!
Alright, off to bed now, but thanks all for the warm welcome Smile

Poca
Poca

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Poca,I laughed with your annoyance about MG...I'm afraid I wasn't able to warm to him either.When he's onscreen I simply imagine Richard Harris is there (in the books I always imagined RH)
I was part of the "thinking" thread too for awhile.A Brit girl named "Phil" got me involved with that.

I liked collecting things at Pottermore but I can not get the hang of either potions or spells...several nice people have given me tips but they don't seem to work.
I love the graphics and the extra background information but I don't think Pottermore will ever be a friendly, community based website.

A few of us Elders set up the Phoenix Fire some years ago as an offshoot of an HPANA forum on spirituality and the supernatural. We wanted to be able to explore various paths without getting into too much drama. It struggled but was still active when we discovered HPANA closed last November.
Happily for us, Eagle Skyfire and Weesa had been working on improving the site over the summer,so we were ready to pick up the flag for lovers of Harry's world.

And so,here we are.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Poca! So good to see you here! Wow, the tykes grow so fast! I remember you chatting about getting pregnant with your little girl! So, we don't have a gaming section now, but I don't see why we couldn't have some form of games here as well. We do have an Alan Rickman thread under the Movies section. Take a look around, see where you think it would fit & start a thread/topic!

I've moved off of the boat, living in a three bedroom house with my 25 yr old daughter, and am enjoying the yard. Still working in transit, and crafting like crazy!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:04 am

By the way, we have a nice gathering place inside the Phoebe's Nest forum... the Hog's Head. Seems like it's the most used "chat" space for general conversation and online parties. Dobby and Winky head a crew of House Elves who fix lovely meals for us, while Aberforth hosts the pub end of things.

Amazing how "old" Mats is! I remember when he was born! Yikes. Glad to get the updates.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:07 am

Welcome to the site Poca. Glad you found us, hope you enjoy the Hogs Head as a bit of "home" as well as the many other threads we have here.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poca Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Aww, thanks everyone for the warm welcome Smile
Oh, Maxecat, I know the girl "Phil" you're describing, she's lovely. I can just about remember her avatar, but darn if I could describe it Very Happy I was mostly talking to "Jacky & Jonny" then, I think they go by CuteNK and R.A.B. The latter was, and still is famous for his amazing drawings.

Oh, I sooooooo picture RH as DD, all the time. I must say I got into the books before the movies came out, so I had a pretty much fixed idea of how DD and some other characters looked, talked etc. But ever since the first two movies I picture RH as DD and the same goes for McGonagall and Hagrid. For some reasons, I stick to my own versions of characters for most of the other ones. But RH as DD was utter brilliance, he just wás DD.
As for MG.. ah well... he is perhaps a brilliant actor it different roles, he just never could fill RH's shoes. Can't really blame him. Although it was fun creatively bashing our fictional MG Smile

Pottermore: I can't quite make potions and do spells either: either my laptop is too slow, or I'm just daft haha! I gave up quite a while ago. It was a fun few days exploring the site, I like the graphics, and finding the "easter eggs" but I was hoping for a little more.. perhaps I'm just spoiled. I'm hoping (haven't checked yet) they open the other books soon. Adding music has improved things a lot already, but Pottermore just doesn't do it for me. I'l still fiddle around, reading the extra info, wallowing in extra geeky information Very Happy
I suppose we all just take what we can get, from the source Smile JKR is still my hero, she created my ultimate go-to-fantasy.

Oh, Karentia, I remember you living on a boat! Don't you miss it? Then again, gardening is wonderful! Very satisfying to enjoy a well kept and pretty garden...

It's wonderful you set this up, great idea to have a "private" space to talk off topic, and without any trolls. Kudos!
I'm sorry to take so long to reply, each time, but I don't have much online time, these days. Not just 2 kids, but I work fulltime and volunteer as well. My husband and kids get every spare second. I wish I could work parttime and earn enough doing that, but as it is, I'm happy to have a job to begin with. My husband only found a 12 hrs/wk job, and so he's wearing the apron now, and chasing after our little rascals Razz And loves it, I should ad!

Alright, way past my bedtime. Have a lovely evening, you all! Night night for now

*waves*

Poca
Poca

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Took me a while but I found it! Just goofing off today, did a search for HPANA and voila!

Nice to see you all again.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Waves hello! We really tried to find as many old members from HPANA as we could to bring them to this site while waiting to hear if Jeff could reinstate his site.Looks like it's still on hold...but we're here and ready to party.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Waves hello to Greatheart, too. Welcome!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:40 am

Hey Greatheart! Very glad to see you! You are welcome to look around, and join us in the Hogshead for a butterbeer - put your feet up by the fire. There are other threads for books, alternative learning & healing, as well as the crafting. Movies too. Very glad another has found us!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:05 am

Thanks for the welcomes! Always nice running into old friends. I've already hung up a shingle in the writing forum, and re-posted one old story. Haven't written much new lately, maybe this forum will waken my muse.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:01 am

Nice to see you again Greatheart, you are most welcome! Feel free to browse and see what catches your fancy! And again welcome!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:58 am

Welcome Greatheart it is so nice to see a familiar "face". Look forward to seeing what your muse can come up with.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome HPANA members! Empty A belated hello!

Post  Tundiel Sun May 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi everyone!!

I was 'Tundiel Mehtarion' on HPANA and I used to moderate the Fan Fun forum. Very Happy I've kept 'Tundiel' as my online persona as it was the name I had the longest on HPANA, but I had LOTS of usernames over there before I started moderating (Pheonix Knight and Dangerous Lady probably being the ones I used frequently).

I'm still GUTTED that HPANA went to Web Heaven - I had so many friends over there, and despite keeping in touch with most of them on Facebook, it's really not the same. I miss the Fan Fun forum the most. Not only did I love posting stories on there (and reading everyone else's), but the community was just awesome. We were definitely a family on there...

Weesa *waves to Weesa* is trying to help me find someone who might have archived my HPANA fics, as when the site went, so did all of my stories. I had so many laptops over the years that nothing was saved.

As for me... currently my son is attending a college based course in Anmal Care (he turns 17 next month - yikes!!), and my daughter (turned 11 last December) is fnishing her last term at primary school before starting high school in September. Can't believe how fast the years go by - my daughter was 3 when I joined HPANA!

I just released my debut novel, so the writing has continued. The book is just something lighthearted and fun, and not destined to be any big best seller or anything, but it's a step on the ladder, so hopefully I can continue to get stuff out there. My dream is to get enough online presence to be able to sell my fantasy novel to an agent (when I eventually finish writing it LOL!).

Anyway, that's it, really. Not sure how often I can pop in... I work pretty much full time now at my day job, and my evenings and weekends I try to keep for writing. But I'll pop in when I can. It'll be nice to catch up, and I already recognise some familiar faces!!

Tundiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun May 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Welcome,Tundiel (or maybe welcome back,since most of the posters are former HPANAiers)

Maybe someone from the Pottermore group has archives? or links to one who does?

I hope you find time to drop by and add to our discussions.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum