Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome HPANA members!

+8
Admin
Tundiel
Maxecat
Greatheart
Always
Poca
Lady
Karentia
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Welcome HPANA members! - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome HPANA members!

Post  Tundiel Sun May 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks, Maxecat!!

I'll probably pop by more often than I should (I'm terrible for getting distracted by socializing when I really should be doing other stuff), so no doubt I'll start rambling all over the place. Very Happy

I never got around to joining Pottermore, and I think I'll probably stay away for the time being. I spend far too much time on distractions as it is. Facebook, Twitter, two blogs, writing group forums... no, I should steer clear of Pottermore for now. *snort*

Tundiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm

I was among the Beta group that tested Pottermore. It's not for me. Either my computer connection or (heaven forbid) I am too slow to mix potions and wave spells.
The added back stories are fun but not enough to keep me interested.

I touch base with the Pottermore group on FB only to see old friends.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 13, 2013 9:32 am

*Waves back at Tundiel* Nice to see you here. Sadly the person I thought had archived the entire Fan Fun section had not. So for the moment I know of nobody that has your fics. Also checked that wayback archive site nothing useful there either. Perhaps a Lost Fics post at Facebook would yield something.
Anyway on the upside I can vouch for the book you have released, it's hilarious, should have the warning of no eating or drinking while reading posted at the front, the same as your blogs do. Razz
As far as being easily distracted I think we all are. Suspect Pottermore is great for learning new things about Harry's world and the art work is lovely. I only visit when new chapters open up, I can't brew a potion or duel to save my life.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon May 13, 2013 5:41 pm

What about Jeff,Weesa? Would he have archived fan fic?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tundiel Tue May 14, 2013 6:01 am

Weesa - oh well. *sighs* It was a pretty small hope that I had, anyway. I've already asked on FB (several times, actually), but had no joy. I've pretty much accepted that they're lost forever. Oh, and before I forget, Keren (Ginnyw) asked about you on FB the other day. She said to send you a 'hello'! I was having a mini HPANA reunion, which stemmed from a status saying I missed HPANA. LOADS of people commented, it was fun.

And thanks for buying my book baby, you're a star! *hugs*

Maxecat - Jeff is still really hard to get hold of. He's on my FB friends list, and he was tagged (like HPANA stalking) to the reunion post this week, but he didn't comment. And I've messaged him regarding other stuff in the past, and he doesn't really respond. I know he's had a hell of a lot of health issues over the years, and losing HPANA really got him down. I wouldn't like to pester him, to be truthful.

Tundiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue May 14, 2013 6:27 pm

I understand. I couldn't think of anyone else who might have saved things,but I might try asking around FB. You never know who might have a contact.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tundiel Tue May 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Yeah, I might give it another shot on FB. I've pretty much resigned myself to never having them back, but I'm still kicking myself for not having saved them to begin with. I had 40 something short stories (about 1000-3000 words or so each), and ... *counts in head*... four completed longer stories, and two that were part way done. That's probably around 200,000 words minimum that I lost forever, and when you consider that I just published a 50,000 word novel, that's a LOT of words gone to waste. Ah well.

Tundiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 15, 2013 10:25 am

Yeah Jeff was getting really hard to get a response from toward the end before HPANA shut down. If you could reach him though he may have the site archived. Oh just thought of someone you may be able to ask Jeremy Baril, he was the one doing the podcasts, he's on FB too.

Tell Keren I said hello. I actually did try to keep in touch with her and Amanda (LadyLee) and Alisha (Prof. Dish) after I left FB, but never got any responses to emails.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tundiel Wed May 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Oh, thanks, Weesa - I'll have to message both Jeff and Jeremy... and if you want, I can message Amanda, Alisha and Keren and ask them if they'd like to email you? I won't do anything until you let me know, though, and if you DO want me to message them, let me know the email you'd like them to use. Alisha recently had a baby, by the waym I think he's around five or six months old now - he's goregeous!

Tundiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed May 15, 2013 8:34 pm

I've sent private messages to a couple of Brits who used to post a lot on HPANA but declined to join the Phoenix Fire.
They were very active in the Snape forums but maybe they followed the fan fics too...or know someone.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed May 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Okay... success!...

Tundiel... use the internet Wayback Machine http://web-beta.archive.org. Type in www.hpana.com (this site keeps turning that text into a link but don't use it! Just use the web-beta one) and it will take you to a calendar of "snapshots" that "remember" what the HPANA site looked like. You may have to play around to find the right one where you can get into the fan fic section (2012 didn't work for me but dates in 2011 did), and many of the page to page links do still work. Then, once you've found what you are seeking in the fan fic areas, you can copy and paste to your computer. You may not be able to retrieve everything, but this should get you to at least some of your works!

Sigh... it was very nostaglic just seeing HPANA again... Sad
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu May 16, 2013 5:59 am

Thanks,Always! I didn't know things like the Wayback Machine exhisted.

I'm not sure I'd like to revisit HPANA now. It was sad watching it on life support,though I didn't believe it would shut down overnight. Crying or Very sad

Hope this is your lucky day,Tundiel!
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 17, 2013 7:07 am

Yep the Wayback Machine can be helpful, sadly it wouldn't allow me to access any of her fics when I tried the other day. Not sure how they work their system, but no matter what year I tried to start from it always took me to 2004 when I clicked on a link.

Tundiel it doesn't really matter, I figure they were just to busy to keep up with email or add another site to the list of places they visit. I really did think that more people would come over from HPANA since that is really where this site was created. If they would like to get in touch though I still have the weesa@mugglepost.com address streaming into my checker daily.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poprocks19 Fri May 31, 2013 3:06 pm

Hey...I googled "HPANA" and found this site! Very nice. I was poprocks19 on HPANA, I mostly frequented the "Snape Didn't Kill Dumbledore, Michael Gambon Did" thread. We amassed quite a few posts and (sickeningly wonderful) images. Oh man, I really miss it! Announced my pregnancy there, posted first shots of my kid there...he's 5 now. There was a running joke about my son, Wesley, defeating gambon. Wow. I REALLY miss it.

poprocks19

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri May 31, 2013 3:11 pm

Welcome,welcome,poprocks19. After all this time I still haven't accepted MG as Dumbledore. Just won't do it.

Nice to see you.

At the Hog's Head you should find some old HPANA members.We're a small group but still dedicated to all things Potter.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 31, 2013 10:07 pm

Welcome poprocks19. I hope you enjoy the site.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri May 31, 2013 11:20 pm

Welcome to our family, poprocks19. Most of us hang out at the Hog's Head for chat and munchies. Hope to see you there!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ligeress Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:02 am

Hello everyone. I was doing a google search for old HPANA forums and came across this. I think Tundiel (Tara)may have told me about this site, but I may be wrong. I was Ligeress on HPANA and I would frequent The Aussie Thread, The Thinking Thread and various haunts in The Three Broomsticks.

I still have regular contact through Facebook with a few people from the old days. Since HPANA's demised lots of things have happened. My father got renal failure and I am part time carer for him, I work full time working for a company that makes and manufactures gluten free products. My job there is to pack and label the goods. It is not glamourous but, it pays the bills and with how jobs are here both in Australia and the world I am lucky to be employed. I am also studying aged care part-time as a pathway into nursing at university in a year or two. I still read everyday and I still love the Potter books.
Ligeress
Ligeress

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:50 pm

hi Ligress! Welcome to the forum! Come on over to the Hogs Head, most of us are haning out & chatting on a day to day basis, and where we still talk about Harry & the World.

I see you are from Australia, and you mention the health with your father, pardon me asking, are you in Melbourne? Are we friends on FB? I don't think I knew your savatar name there in HPANA... it is so long ago now it does sound familiar...

Come on over for a butterbeer!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Hello Ligeress! I'm glad you found us... we started out as a place to discuss alternative spiritual paths but after HPANA fell apart a few of us remained to keep our online family going.

I remember seeing you at HPANA..your name was fun and easy to remember.

Come to the Hog's Head forum and tell us about Australia. It and New Zealand are on my list of places to visit before I die....One of our old HPANA friends moved there to join her fiancée a couple of years ago...and I think the place is so big,or she has so much to do,she's gotten lost. Sad 

Best of luck taking care of your dad. It's a strain caring for a loved one and we all wish you well. Work is work...not many jobs are glamorous.  I put up eye glasses and sunglass on racks at several stores, plus am a cashier at a restaurant. No,no glamour there either but some paychecks at the end of the week.
Growing up wasn't as easy as I thought it would be...Rolling Eyes 

hope to see you soon.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  DocWard Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Well, only about a year since the last post here. I suppose better late to the party than not at all. I'm not sure what caused me to look for HPANA here recently, but I found this place. I went by "Quidditch Player" there, and could most often seem to be found discussing mysticism, reincarnation and other such subjects there. At least, those are the ones I most recall.

I use this name on other forums I belong to, so I thought I would just keep it simple and stay with it.

DocWard

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Welcome Doc! There are a number of threads to play on here, but you'll likely find the most active conversation occurs in the Hog's Head (inside Phoebe's Nest).
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DocWard Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:04 am

Thanks, Always!

DocWard

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Nice to see you DocWard. Hope you jump into the conversations.
Unlike the old HPANA site, entering a name will not prompt a stalking so if you're looking for someone here,you really have to look and post, and hope they wake up and come to the Hog's Head.

We do have other forums to check out but the most active will be in Phoebe's Nest...that would be the Hog's Head location.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Hey Quidditch Player - were you the one who liked planes & played in the sand overseas for a bit? And got goody boxes from me? If yes, welcome! If no, welcome anyway! What a Face Nice to see friendly faces of yore! I'll buy you a butterbeer at the Hogshead, come on by!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum