Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venting Room

+5
Always
Magical Music Dreamer
Lady
Admin
Karentia
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Venting Room - Page 2 Empty Re: Venting Room

Post  Karentia Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Very true Maxie.

Right now I've got the cards in a pile, waiting to figure out how to display them in the craft room. I really like keeping my special cards & such out & viewable - Christmas cards, birthdays, and thank you notes are on the top, then there are things I've printed out or recieved, just love all of them!

Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Personally I love letters and cards and the stamp price doesn't bother me to much. I keep every card I get and just finished putting some aside to put away. Sending cards at holidays is one of our family traditions and I don't think it'd be Christmas without them.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:57 am

On 23rd of December I was at our garden and I found our neigbor's dog Max - German shepherd staying behind the fence in horrible state. He is evidently having a scabies. Every piece of his body in reach of his teeth is bitten to the flesh, half of his fur is missing. He is outside whole year so in this cold weather it must be very uncomfortable for him. He isn't kept in clean surroundings so he has got an infection inside the bites too. I told hubby to phone to our neigbor and ask him about his dog. He told him, he has it before and now it's back and that he can't reach his vet. Hubby told him, there must be something done. It really didn't improved my already depressed mind.

I was searching for the ways how to help. But as it isn't evidently abuse of the dog (he is ill, was at the vet...), there's hardly anything I can do. Yesterday my mother saw a vet on neigbor's yard. I hope they tried to help. I saw Max today, he was walking on the garden (two days ago he wasn't seen outside) and it also looks like there are scabs on his skin which could mean he is healing. I really hope it's getting better. He was shaking from cold, I talked to him and suggested to go to his kennel but he stayed and watched me, boys and our dog through the fence. I always scratch him when I'm outside but now I'm afraid to touch his skin.

He is such a sweet dog, very nice to us and to kids and also good guard dog. He is 10 and never left his yard. It's so sad how some people treat animals. I hate to be helpless. I'm praying for his owner to change his mind and be more observant of his dog.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:08 am

A venting room is a good place to explode about cruelty or indifference to animals,Lady. I understand your concern. I would have done the same thing.
Actually,knowing me,I probably would have gone to the neighbor and asked if he wanted to get rid of the dog.

That's basically how I got my second cat. Didn't want another one under any circumstances but Calvin (who's other name was Smoky because of his grey colouring) came to our door crying,all bony and obvious worms in his system.
I almost ignored him (Maddie was angry a mangy cat was at her door) but I couldn't bear his cries.

When I found out he belonged to neighbors across the street I called them and told them I had their kitty if they had missed him. They said I could keep him. Back and forth I told them I couldn't have another cat and this one needed medical attention and they kept telling him they didn't want him either. So, what could I do. I was adopted myself so,here we go,another adopted cat.

He's now healthy,beautiful,still a thorn in Maddie's side but he's lovable,cuddly and a good mouser.I still have trouble coming up with the money to keep both cats seeing their vet when they should but at least I know I didn't let an animal suffer because of indifference.

I keep hoping that will win me good points in heaven. Wink
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Yes, Maxie, that was definately good Karma points!

As for Max, poor sweetie, it is true. Some people just should not have pets, or kids. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do, other than sending him healing thoughts. You are not in control of the situation, it is out of your hands. Perhaps you need to work on letting go of worries like this - things beyond your control. In a better world no one would treat any aniimal this way, unfortunately we live in this world of pain, darkness & madness.

Send him warm thoughts, perhaps offer a doggy blanket, or take an old blanket & make a doggy jacket - loose - for him & give to the owner. Some of those fluffy pet beds with cedar inside are great for helping get rid of fleas, if he is allergic to them. That was our dogs issue, allergic to flea bites. Her back end was a mess, and we didn't know what to do for her. She was loved, inside most of the time, and did go for walks. It was the 70's, there wasn't enough stuff on the market, nor were we organic in any way, to have a clue.

I'm adding him to my healing thoughts list for you, Lady.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:17 am

Lady yep we are all with you as to how you feel about your neighbor's dog around here we can call animal control and they will come and assess the situation, if they think it is necessary they will fine the owner or remove the animal, breaks my heart to see something like that happening to an innocent creature! Hugs to you and poor Max as well, hope they get it taken care of soon!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:08 pm

THanks for all support. If I can take him at our place I won't hesistate a minute but with three dogs and two small kids it's impossible.

Karentia, you are reading my mind. Half of my soul is screaming: Do something! There's always something that can be done. Etc... Half of my soul is thinking: It's not your business. It's not your dog. It's not your life and story. Support him in mental level. The edge between normal and abnormal is very thin. The owner evidently thinks he is doing enough. I don't think it but who has the right? Oh my, why I was born so philosophical?

I'll keep you informed. Haven't seen Max today.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Lady this how we ended up with Miss Wiggles and Huck. Both rescues and we just couldn't leave them to die so we kept them. Wish I could find the money they need for vet bills easier but just can't see putting them out anywhere they've become part of the family.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:59 pm

I've set up an account with my vet that I send money to every once in awhile until I have enough to cover most of the office visit...with shots etc. it's usually around $70.more than it costs me at my human doctor:(

if they question why I haven't been faithful to Cal's shots I'm going to be honest...I needed to take care of me this time. The chance of him encountering an animal with rabies this time of year is slim,since he doesn't go out much. I think the fees are a little high but this office likes cats and most of the others in town are more into dogs and farm animals. cat
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:08 pm

My next big vet expense is to get Huck neutered. Wish that wasn't so expensive but I love the vet we use they are so friendly and even though Miss Wiggles isn't very nice to them they treat her very well the silly kitty.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Maddie is a Queen B as well..Cal not so much...now Max was a prince,always cooperative...And Bear...Bear just made himself at home.

What idiot decided these creatures have no sense of self?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:56 am

Hello,

saw a bit of Max yesterday. Not for a long time and it was dark outside. It looks like he is HEALING! His skin is still pink but intact. His fur is still missing I guess it'll take some time to grow up again.

Thank you so much for him. Our prayers and healing thoughts work. He is sending big lick and bark :-)
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:19 am

I'm happy to hear of Max's progress Lady. Really hate to hear of any animal suffering.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Just had an unpleasant phone call with Max's owner. I let Cecilka out for evening pee and saw Max. He was crying and wasn't able to stand up, lying on the ground in the front of their doors in 14F. The owner was very rude. Told me, he called vet but this vet told him he will come tomorrow, today he is busy. There's non stop vet care in our town. He told me that's not my business and ended phone call. My mother had an argue with him outside. She called our city police. But I don't know how much they can do. It's almost 11 PM here. I hate when someone is cruel to animals.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm sorry to hear of the unkindness your neighbor is showing his pet (and you). Maybe he is embarrassed by his actions..maybe he's uncaring...I'm not sure what police in your area do in a situation like this but I think you are still blessed for trying to protect an innocent animal.
good luck to you and poor little Max
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Update. In the front of the door was meeting: policemen, the owner, his wife, the vet and my mother. The owner refused to let policeman in so they can't do anything. But the vet is inside and I hope Max will be soon in peace. Can you say a little prayer for him please? I hate to know it's maybe happening right now... But I'm happy I was able to shorten his suffering.

Maxie, the owner is uncaring a..hole. And that's the best I can say about him.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:11 pm

It's always sad to realize not everyone has the same attitude about pets we do. For some they are not members of the family and don't earn much attention. I hope the man does not punish Max. Maybe the vet could take him away for awhile?

Poor Lady, this is hard for you to watch.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:18 pm

You misunderstood me. I'm sure Max was dying and I hope wet gave him something to let him in rest without more pain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wasn't sleeping well during the night. The picture of suffering Max is implanted hard in my mind. I only hope he is over the rainbow now. I think his soul came to me last night and say thank you and gave me big lick. It was -0,4 F at 8 AM!

Maxecat, maybe the first post on the top about misunderstanding was impolite. I didn't mean it, I was very angry at the moment and as English isn't my native language, it sometimes may look like discourteousness, Sorry.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:13 am

Larry's looking for a new job. When his supervisor told him the customers are not a top priority to Dollar General he knew it was not a company he wanted to work for.
Also,he's threatened daily with the loss of his job because he's not doing what the computer based process says the managers should be doing.Well, sometimes the computer only allows one or two people to be on duty and when that happens it's hard to stock shelves,do reports,send inventory messages to the main office computer,find items for customers and wait on people when an extra line needs to be open.

He's been told to ignore the customers and do whatever the computer details tell him to do.Who in retail ignores the customers??????? This company believes if you price cheap goods even cheaper, people will come to a dirty store and wait in line. Never took an economics course in my life but that seems to fly in the face of all reason.
Aren't the customers the ones who put money in the till? They may not be always right,and sometimes they may be a real pain,but they're the ones who shop...not computer projections. I wonder if this is a trend in modern business practices.

sorry about the rant. It's very distressing to see someone you care for out before 5am and back at 8 or 9 pm beat up and discouraged because he's not doing enough.Also,it's scary thinking he might get fired. And I find it scary to think more and more business feel this way.Lower labor lines mean more profit potential but it certainly takes the customer's needs out of the equation
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 am

Maxecat, I'm sorry you and Larry are under such a bad stress. I don't like what you wrote about their "customers" policy and how they use threats. I wish Larry find something better. Is he already searching for a new job? Good luck.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:44 am

He's been looking online for jobs within driving distance of our house but most of the places hiring turned him down last year. I've encouraged him to try again but there are subtle signs they didn't hire him before because of his age...and yet,they can't seem to get younger men to agree to working 60 hours a week. Larry can do that in his sleep (and I think has on more than one occasion)

I hold on to the belief that the perfect solution will be Divinely inspired and will come at the perfect time. All my fussing and fretting about it will not hurry it along. Rolling Eyes
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Lady, poor Max! I got out of the loop, didn't realize all that went on. Poor sweetheart, glad he was able to get away in the end, even if it was in passing. All better now.

Scary thing for me is one of my co-workers is so cruel to animals, and I just either didn't see it, or was looking the other way when I lived with them. Evidently Animal Control has a file on her! She has to get each of her kids a pet, yet treats the pets as if they are an accessory, like a purse or a shoe. She got herself a Doberman, had to have him. Got his ears docked & tail done. Never, ever trained him. Kept him kennelled most of the time. I think he was 3 when he died this past couple months ago - I heard about it after the fact. She left for California to watch after family & be with her Grandmother who was passing in the hospital - supposedly had arranged for someone to feed the dog. Guy never went over. Dog starved to death in his kennel. Sick. One of her daughters got 2 kittens - the girl is 3. Yes, pup & baby were same age, remember that now. The girl took the kittens, put them in a bag, and rolled them down the stairs. A full story/flight. And they laugh about it. I don't understand about people who can be this way. Sick, sick, sick. Evidently cultural, I guess most hispanic folks are afraid of dogs, but seriously?

Now, for Larry, sending positive vibes for a new location & position! Joann's is very similar. If you don't show the sales, they cut staffing hours. With less staff hours, your stock is not stocked, store is not cleaned up, and no customer service available. Stupid. Perhaps he could put his resume together again, updating with current info, and with a cover letter, let the other company know he is looking for. Successful company closer to home to work with? He has done so much good for this location, sad to see the companies that are being led around by bean counters only - no heart or soul. I realize they look at his age, and there should not be discrimination against age, but I wonder if he could ask them to allow him to just come in & job shadow for a day - basically volunteer a days work to show his abilities? Thinking he could try this at Trader Joe's. You never know.

Good luck Maxie - sending positive vibes!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Maxe, sorry that Larry & you have to go through all that. Prayers that he finds the perfect job!
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 am

Lady,I apologize,too,for not understanding the situation Max was in. I thought maybe the neighbor had beat him. Poor little guy. I pray he joins the pets of ours who've passed over the Rainbow Bridge and can find peace and happiness again.

Karentia,Larry sent the required online application to Trader Joe's last year as they were opening a new store in Lexington...then went personally to apply at the store. Had a face to face interview with a management person and then was sent an email of rejection,but they hoped he would still shop at the store.
They do not hire management from outside the company but they wouldn't hire him for an hourly wage position.He would be ok with a 40 hour a week job somewhere if it allowed him to study real estate. He would like to have the ability to be a property appraisor as a sideline job but it takes 3 years experience and an apprenticeship with another realtor to do this....later in life to start thinking of apprenticeships.

I hold to the belief in the perfect solution at the perfect time. Perhaps he had to have another corporate experience before another corporation would believe in him.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:18 am

Frustrating. But glad he would go for a 40 hr position - some guys would?t accept moving back down a ladder. Another possibility is taking his customer service skills in another direction. I know of quite a few folks who got into real estate later, and they only went to other jobs because of the economic downturn with real estate. We have one driving for us now. Real chatty guy. So with a fresh eye, look at other possibilities, using his customer service skills in an alternate industry or trade... could he look into one of the sales positions with distributors? Such as your local soda/beer supplier? People you used to work with in getting your goods from would be a good start. And if he needed to start off as a warehouse guy or delivery driver, there is the foot in the door to going up. Shows he is serious about working for them if he is willing to start on a lower rung.

And if he needs special licensing to drive the delivery vans, they usually offer to train & help get the licensing. That's what we do with our newbies. So we know they are trained to our standards. A recent trainee of ours we had to let go, she just could not get the concept of the size of the vehicle - was scared going over bridges & would be driving down the center of the bridge! With oncoming traffic! Ran a guy off the road - that is not good for company image. *snort*

Or as a sales rep, for a food distributor, sees lots of territory, many solid clients in restaurants, stores, bars, and convenience stores. He knows that realm from the other side. Check into it.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next