Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medication

+6
missypotter
Maxecat
samtibbs123
Always
muggleborn
ladyhawke
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Medication - Page 4 Empty Re: Medication

Post  Always Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:20 pm

Sending prayers for a speedy and complete recovery! thumbs up
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:36 am

Hello Weesa,

I hope your recovery is speedy and effective. Wishing you all the best and Happy Easter! I love you

Magical Music Dreamer thumbs up

:easter:
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:36 am

Weesa hope you are feeling better every day! Sending you healing soothing thoughts and prayers, happy Easter dear!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks again Karentia for relaying all of my messages and to everyone else for all the well wishes. I am recovering normally according to my doctor. The biggest issue at the moment is the constant stuffiness and dripping, that is supposed to lesson as the swelling goes down and things finish healing. Yes being without my glasses (especially at my level of blindness) was not good. Thankfully Mom and the kids were very helpful. I go back for a final post-op in 3 weeks so hopefully she'll give me a good report and I will be done with sinus issues. Also saw my orthopedist on Monday after the stent removal appointment. He says nothing he can do surgically for my neck, to keep up my physical therapy once the sinus doc clears me and he gave the signed order for the aquatic therapy to get started. No need to go back unless something worsens or a new problem occurs.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Weesa, it sounds like things are moving along as well as expected. I am happy you get the aquatic therapy. I hope that helps as much as it is suppose to help.

I am sure you will be happy to have some of this stuff checked off your list. Never fear, however, with age new things are always popping up. Rolling Eyes At least that is what I am finding.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Missypotter I think if it was all just age related it wouldn't bother me so much. Ah well it isn't going to disappear so the best thing is not to dwell. Doing much better today even though the nose is still rather stuffy and sore. At least I can breathe better. I had a routine visit with my primary care doctor yesterday she had scheduled this appointment to see if the new diabetes medicine was going to do the trick for me. I happily reported no side effects and more normal glucose level than I was previously. She was so thrilled that I don't have to go back until August. bounce

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:19 pm

I love reading positive reports! and aqua therapy for you,Weesa? Yay! I hope you like it.

So good to see you back with us,hopefully feeling more like yourself.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Slowly feeling back to "normal". Can't wait to start the aqua therapy, just have to finish out the ordered time of healing.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Healing thoughts are always coming your way! Very Happy

Glad to hear the good news about the diabetes meds - touchy & difficult at best. Watching tv yesterday, was appalling how many meds had such horrible side effects! Why would anyone try the meds with all those horrid possibilities, scares me to think I did volunteer for a few medical trials - one was for the hep b shots, and that turned into an actual vaccination pretty quickly. I was lucky. But the one I thought so wonderful for what it did for me, Flonase, is I think the one that caused my diabetic style catarracts. My eye doc kept insisting I had to be diabetic, and that was listed as a possible side effect.

Ok, getting off soap box - good news is wonderful!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:10 am

The doctor that did my sinus surgery tried the Flonase for me. I can't tolerate it. Was prescribed Nasonex a couple years ago same thing intolerable. The Ayr's Saline Gel she prescribed after the sinus surgery is not good for me either. So far the only thing I have found that I can clear my nasal passages with is Alkalol, been using it for a few years with no side effects.

I see those ads all the time about the lawsuits over this drug or that one. Saw one recently that listed a diabetes med that I was prescribed. Thankfully I wasn't able to tolerate it so only took it for a couple of days, made my heart beat so fast thought it would explode. affraid Dad is always saying he would rather suffer from his condition than add all the side effects of some medicine to the problem.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:04 am

Exactly! One of my co-workers took Yaz birthcontrol for years - she was so proud/happy to be using something that was always on tv (weird person). She also started having strokes, small ones, over the last year. I've seen the commercials for the lawsuit against Yaz & including stroke or death, mentioned it to her. 'Oh, I haven't used that in so long, that can't be related at all'. ?!?!?!?!? Really? Dumb.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:10 am

Yep those side effects can pop up long after you stop using the medicine.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Saw my dermatologist this morning we are dropping the Stelara altogether as it didn't work at all. We're sticking to the Methotrexate for now. Since I wasn't able to take it continuously for the past couple months with the infections and surgery he can't tell what it's really done. I told him that since I've taken it the past three weeks I have noticed less joint pain and itching in addition to some of the skin flares going down some. We'll see how things are when I go back in three months. He was enthusiastic about my aqua therapy and told me the best way to care for my skin after getting out of the pool. Shower, apply baby oil gel, towel dry (not a typo that's the order he said to do it in), then apply my lotion before getting dressed. Apparently the time it takes to towel dry costs your skin moisture it needs so that by the time you apply lotion you aren't really locking in much of it all. His nurse even gave me a goodie bag of Aveeno lotion samples to carry in my purse bounce .

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon May 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Love Aveeno products,Weesa.

So, the oil is used to trap moisture in your skin and yet allows for lotion to be used effectively. Interesting.

Let us know how you do. I may try the oil trick at the gym. The chlorine is pretty rough on my skin and I don't have any outstanding problems.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue May 07, 2013 2:11 am

Love Aveeno samples! And love nurses who are generous with samples! Good luck with the skin treatment regimen. I towel off lightly before I lotion, not a total dry off. And I don't have any issues unless I don't moisturize, then I get flaky & my heels crack. Ick.

Good luck also with the latest med! If you see positive changes? Coool!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Wed May 15, 2013 3:32 pm

First off I just want to say I hate taking medications. When I am "healthy" I still have to take a handful everyday as well as the supplements I take. I know if I lost 60 pounds, I would not have to take a good deal of them, but I am turning 60 this year, and quiet frankly I have been working on this most of my life. I don't see it happening soon.

I am just a little frustrated as I have had a bit of a set back. I had about a day and a half of feeling better and then it is all back with new problems. The pain meds I took for my terrible headache and nausea caused constipation along with not being able to eat or drink much. So I took something after about 7 days to fix that. Now it is day 6 since I did that and I still have diarrhea and nausea. I started on Pediolyte yesterday and I am feeling a bit more "in balance" but today and yesterday my headache was back...not nearly as bad, but there. All of the problems just seem to keep rotating back into the line up. I really could get out and do things except for the diarrhea.

Monday, I stopped taking pills for pain, anxiety, nausea, well everything. I just wanted to clear my system, but had to take something for the headache again this morning. I don't know what upset the apple cart, but I do think with time everything will get better. After all, it has only been 13 days (It seems so much longer). I am just missing my life and there are things piling up that I need to take care of soon.

Well enough griping. Things are slooooowly improving. pale
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed May 15, 2013 8:31 pm

I'm so sorry to read this,missypotter.
I hate medicines, too..even vitamins are a struggle. Happily I don't need more than the Synthroid and antibiotics for a continuing sinus infection,but I understand how frustrating it is when your whole body seems to turn against you.

I'll keep you in my healing prayers.

In the meantime,is there something that's changed dramatically in your life lately? Something that triggered an unfamiliar allergy? or super stress?
I've begun to believe that germs play only a small part when our body falls out of balance. Wish I had more answers. Crying or Very sad

Hope your healing is noticeable soon.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Sorry about your med problems missypotter. If you remember I was having major problems with my meds. I was having diarrhea often too, so in March, my Doctor changed my meds. Then I got dizzy. I knew I was taking too many pills. Then the sub Dr took me off diuretics and I bloated way up. Then she changed that, and added some diuretic back. Well my system is functioning better but I am still bloated some. Even with the B6 Karentia recommends. So to make a long story short, I can sympathize because it seems hard to get these medications right.

I am sorry you have suffered so much this past few weeks, and hope you feel better soon.

Medication - Page 4 Pomfrey2_zpsf5133d92
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu May 16, 2013 1:35 am

I would also check the side effects of the different meds, whether online, or on the phone with your pharmacist, see what they say. It could be that something is just not working with another. But after so many days of going without all the pills, odd for sure. Keep up any liquids, oh! Are you on well water? Any chance of getting filtered or bottled water to drink? Could someone have brought something back from another location - like dysintery (sp)? Really drawing at straws, but I recall a friend who went to India for 3 months came back very ill, and was sick for a month or more. Sounds similar.

Take care!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Thu May 16, 2013 7:06 am

Missypotter if you are still having problems with diarrhea then you can change meds all you want and not get any results because all the good floura in your system has been flushed out so to speak, I would get some probiotics (super concentrated good floura) if i were you and then do like Karentia says and see if your meds are what the trigger is, So many other problems come when you have cronic diarrhea, Cdeff, and other inflamations of the gut and intestines can be difficult to deal with and no fun for sure, sending healing thoughts and prayers your way! Give the probiotics a try they have worked miracles for several people I know! Hugs dear!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 am

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. I am doing much better. Still having a few mild problems, but the thing was after being sick for so long, my electrolytes were all out of wack.

My friend brought over all kinds of fluids with electrolytes replacement. Long story short, I woke up feeling like myself again. I had no idea how quickly you can just slip away and how important that all is. Someday the headaches will stop and nausea will go away. The rest is much better. Thanks for all your help. :-)
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 am

So glad to hear your friend was able to come to your rescue! It is amazing, yes, how delicate we can be. Continuing healing thoughts for one & all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 17, 2013 6:59 am

Glad to hear you are feeling more yourself Missypotter. I do hope the headaches quit soon. I was so happy when I finally stopped having them all the time. Will keep sending you positive thoughts.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Wed May 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Well the good news is a couple of days now without a headache. The bad news is I spent about 4 hours in the ER last night. I thought I had a UTI, or bladder infection. It turns out it is a kidney stone. Last night it was at the bladder ureter joint which was causing the ureter to swell (along with the stone coming down). It also caused great pain in my bladder which apparently had a cramp (they called it a charlie horse in the bladder).

Bottom line is things are working better with me being slightly uncomfortable but not the pain of last night. Now I am trying to get things done and distract myself before the "big pain" hits. It is sort of like waiting for a bomb to go off.

When I was reviewing the last 3 weeks with my sister all she could do was laugh. It is bizarre, but I told her not to laugh...not yet. I think I have a target on my back. Rolling Eyes
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Wed May 22, 2013 5:58 pm

I am glad that your headaches are ceasing. I am sorry about your kidney stone pain. Are you trying to pass it on your own...or did they give you something?

Be better.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: