Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medication

+6
missypotter
Maxecat
samtibbs123
Always
muggleborn
ladyhawke
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Medication - Page 3 Empty Re: Medication

Post  Karentia Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:43 am

Here's hoping the next trial will be a better fit anyway! Good luck on the waiting for the scan report.

As for mammos, ugh, my last had tears streaming down my face, totally could not stop it. She was not apologetic at all. But she gave me a bag of freebies for coming in October. Woo. Not impressed with that tech's empathy - was about a zero. Would rather have someone overly apologetic than cold & unfeeling.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:39 am

Karentia, I am so sorry to hear that. It reminds me of the old debate on who it hurts worse small breasted women or large breasted women. Being somewhat large, I say large. My medical center got a new digital mammogram and I can say it has been years since it brought tears to my eyes. Last one I had, hardly was uncomfortable let alone painful.

I am happy for new technology. cheers cheers
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:13 am

Ours is digital too, and warmer than the old style. But still hard as stone. And has edges the soft flesh doesn't like. Plus my skin tears easily in some places. She just happened to hit a triple play of my issues in one session. Glad it's only once a year, and wish I could go less.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:44 am

Seems there was a problem with my mammo, they called to schedule a new appointment for a do-over. Didn't say if there was something spotted or if the images just weren't clear enough to read. It's not to bad haven't had any major pain from it, they switched to digital last year but the squeeze device is still the same one, it has a metal platform covered with a pink foam pad on the bottom part and the top part is a plastic piece with smooth rounded edges. The ladies have always been super nice.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:57 am

What a shame,Weesa...I've always had do overs for mammograms...I've lots of lumps,bumps,and internal scar tissue that cause multiple retakes and different angles. It bothered me when I was younger..the first time I was called back it was scary.Hope you get better results this time.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Weesa, good luck with the do-over! Our equipment is hard and cold. Nice when they are considerate for you!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 am

Took niece to doctor yesterday to see what is wrong with her knees, did x-rays and ordered blood work for today after school. Hopefully nothing major should know sometime today I think.
Since I see the same doctor I asked if she had received my ct scan results. Don't think I wanted to know after all, I have to an ear, nose, throat doctor and possibly an orthopedist. Ugh is all I can think, I am so tired of having to go to the doctor and being in pain. Will post again when I know something.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Had ortho appointment yesterday and he ordered physical therapy, said come back in a few weeks (have appointment set up already) and we will see then if doing a shot in that area will work or if he needs to go ahead and do an MRI. Apparently CT Scans don't show things as well as he would like. The PT is supposed to be a treatment/evaluation of the situation. He want's to avoid surgery if possible and quiet frankly I have to agree with that, the less surgery the better.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Weesa, I hope the PT helps or at least helps them know what is wrong. Yes, CT can't see the soft tissue damage as well as MRIs. I can only do open sided MRI's and no one likes them. I don't mind CTs but they are limited.

I had a couple of pretty bad herniated discs a few years ago and they said I would need surgery but tried PT first. The PT helped it go away (I was diligent) and I never did need surgery on that problem.

Good Luck!
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Ok I've been very neglectful of the computer lately it's just been to painful. I have been to two PT appts. now and it's a slow process that gives me 9 exercises to do three times daily at home in addition to twice a week in office. I'll be having sinus surgery at the end of the month so I my therapist wants to take a break til after I see the orthopedist (just a few days after surgery) and see what he thinks about writing me an order for aquatic therapy. She thinks it would greatly help me with my movement and pain. Will see how it goes. Of course Maxecat and I have been discussing the benefits of the aquatic therapy for me for a longtime, glad someone else thinks so.
Wasn't able to tolerate the Flonase so in addition to polyp removal, and the deviated septum fix she will be doing something else(can't remember the word she used) that will help me be able to breathe better. Should be a two week recovery process it's outpatient. Hoping to be feeling better completely soon, tired of being tired.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:02 am

Weesa, I hope you are able to get relief from the surgery, and that the aqua therapy will also help. Very sad to hear of you in pain. Sending many continuing healing thoughts and hugs, dear heart.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:14 pm

I appreciate all the the healing thoughts. Went to therapy this morning and she added one new exercise while increasing the others from 20 to 30 repititions per set. Makes you very tired. They do seem to be helping though so I will continue them. Have next week and the following week off from office visits, will keep up the home routine of exercises. Then I will be starting the aquatic therapy, she gave me a little brochure explaining it all and I was happy to find that the pool is heated so that should help my poor cold joints and maybe relax the muscles too. Now I just have to buy a swimsuit and some water shoes before time.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Weesa, I am so happy the PT is helping. I think months of Physical Therapy is the hardest thing I did. Even towards the end when I was doing much better, it was still hard to do. I am not sure people understand that it hurts and is very difficult.

Good luck with the hydro therapy.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Ok so one of my exercises is to put the theraband over the door and close it so that the knot in it is on the outside then I have to pull straight back and down. Well apparently there is a sharp spot on top of the door, it cut my band in three pieces, luckily I was able to tie it back together but now can't do that one exercise til I can figure out a way to keep from cutting the band again. Will have to see about a new band when I go back.
Missypotter I know what you mean the kids think it's so easy to do the things they gave me to do at home. I keep telling them of course it's easy for them, they are young, healthy, and pain free.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:56 pm

How about to put some cloth between theraband and the top of the door?
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Found a solution, just have to find the carabiner that we have somewhere around here to attach to the middle of the band then when I reach that exercise on the list I can put it on a hook that is going to get screwed into my closet door frame. They use this system at therapy so I thought it would be a good solution.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 pm

I remember having that exercise when my disc herniated in my neck. I could never find a door it worked on. Hope your plan works! Good luck.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Weesa, this is a long, hard road, but will be so worth it in the long run! You are having to rebuild your stamina & muscles, since you have not had full use of everything for a while, you are having to fight the atrophy more than anything else. You are rebuilding a better you. Give yourself some kudos for at least starting the process and sticking with it! If everything works well, you may be able to leave your wheelchair behind in the future! Possibilities are endless, my dear.

All it takes is blood, sweat, and tears with that dose of determination! You go Girl! I am so proud of you taking these first steps to a healthier you!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Well found a good way to get the exercises done with just a hook, couldn't find the caribiner. Sadly the door had already done it's damage to my band and it is now broken into four pieces. I've tied them back together and have them set up for one exercise. Found another band from Dad's therapy that I am using for the other exercises til I get back to therapy next week. Sinus surgery tomorrow so hopefully my breathing will be better soon. Thanks for all the support.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Weesa - sending you healing thoughts! Also strong & steady hands for the docs.

My sinuses have been giving me fits from snoring. Keep getting the nudge to see a sleep apnea doc, but i'd like to lose some of the weight first. We'll see.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:54 am

Weesa dear hope the surgery went well am sending you healing thoughts and energy! Hugs dear! Your therapist should be able to get replacement bands, at little or no cost! Hugs dear X10!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:31 am

Weesa texted me this morning, surgery went well! She has stents in place, and it won't allow her to wear her glasses for a little bit - until the stents are removed. So she is unable to see to come here for now. She thanks everyone for the healing thoughts & prayers! And I'm sure that when she does get them removed, she will be back in a flash! Laughing
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:15 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to Weesa for a quick complete recovery. I would hate to not have my glasses. Hopefully you have good help dear.

Karentia sleep apnea can bring on weight gain, as well as diabetes, stroke, heart attack and many more problems. Signs of apnea include dry throat and sinuses as well as headaches in the morning. Pleas go sooner than later. I love you
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Thank you Missypotter - from both Weesa & me. I'll pass all messages to her.

As for my weight gain, I know it's because I got very lazy - if the walk isn't built into my day, I don't go out of my way enough to walk. Also having the smelly stuff in the house 24/7, I only get away from it when I leave, wake up with a headache from that every day. Will do the combo of working out & moving in a few months for relief! If I still have headache on waking after September, then I'll go in for it. Really want to drop 30 pounds first. And I really do appreciate the advise & concern! I do! Thank you!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Praying for your quick recovery Weesa!
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down