Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit Guides & Power Animals

+5
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Lady
samtibbs123
Magical Music Dreamer
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spirit Guides & Power Animals Empty Spirit Guides & Power Animals

Post  EAGLESKYFIRE Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:29 pm

It always makes me happy when I help people to connect with those sacred beings that assist them through life. What spirit guides or Power animals do you think you have? Are there any you're curious about? I know that some of these beings "pass through" at critical moments & move on when their task with me is complete.
EAGLESKYFIRE
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Admin

http://www.eagleskyfire.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Spirit Guides & Power Animals Empty Re: Spirit Guides & Power Animals

Post  Maxecat Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:34 am

I've always been drawn to cats,wolves and horses but never thought anything about them except how beautiful they were.

Now that my mind is uncluttered by anxiety I might be able to close my thoughts and allow my guides or Power animals to make their presence known.

I've tried in the past and had hazy images but was afraid I was looking for specifc animals to appear,so the impressions weren't accurate or helpful.

Not the right time,perhaps.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:00 am

Always loved cats, horses, birds, and wolves. Not sure if that constitutes any of them as guides though. There seem to be a lot of animals around the house all seasons, no idea if it's just because of the location or if they know this is a pretty safe place for most critters. I say most because rats, mice, snakes, spiders, and the like need not apply for residence.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:50 pm

I have had one or more cats most of my life. I currently have four indoor cats, and help take care of a few outside community ones.
I like a lot of animals though. When I was younger, we always had a dog or two. I have a lot of sympathy for animals in general.
I don't know if I have any guides.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Wow! Had no idea you had so many kitties,MagicalMusicDreamer. My allergies can barely tolerate two..poor Larry,he really doesn't like cats at all and now that's all we have. We mused about a puppy the other day and dismissed the thought. Not the right time.

I wonder if I discovered my animal spirit guide,then what?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Have always had an affinity for different animals but guided in a meditation to Eagles and owls, didn't think much of it until when I was delivering newspapers for a while and had a great horned owl following me to the point of landing just a few feet above my head and waiting for me to notice him! Or the trip to a spot out on the dessert where I saw not one but 3 Golden Eagles sitting on rock outcrops a few feet from the road.

MMD I have 4 cats now too and I love them, just wish I could convince them to leave the dog alone!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 am

Samtibbs, the owl was following you! That's amazing. He must have sensed a kindred spirit.

A long time ago I tried a meditation to seek any animal guides I might have but I was never sure about the result because at that time I had difficulty in clearing my mind of distractions.

I sensed a grey horse,a snake,a butterfly and somewhere in the grasses of the scene a cat,like a panther. I feel I may have forced the cat in there because that's the animal I love most. So I'm not sure of the validity of the exercise.

I love horses and butterflies. Have no fear of snakes but never seemed inspired by one.

I might be in a better position now to try again. I found a way of losing my conscious thoughts through saying the rosary of my past. I suppose the repeated prayers are not unlike repeating a mantra or om to get to that place.

When I try again,I'll let you know.

Samtibbs,do your owls and eagles help you at all?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:45 pm

I don't know about helping me but i have always been inspired by them, trying to tread as lightly on the earth as an owl flies on the air, I am a recycling fanatic, and can grow just about anything, however I married a guy with a thumb that is so black things die just to avoid his ideas of care, he means well he just doesn't comprehend what is happening, and plants don't do well around him! As for Eagles I have had several times when I felt they were performing just for me, the two times on the rocks at the side of the road, and once when i watched one swoop down grab a fish and fly back across the road in front of me, while the people in the cars on either side of me missed it completely. That owl followed me for months while I tossed papers, it was like having a friend out there in the dark. The other day at the Ren faire they had an owl with an injured wing, along with some hooded eagles and such they use to hunt with, the owl was an audience grabber (so to speak) used to keep the audience from scarring the Eagles and hawks. He sat calmly on his perch watching my every move, if someone new came up he would look at them for a moment and then be right back staring at me. He was a beautiful bird! Used to have a crow that would hop along the roof of my bus and stick his head into the roof vents, he would even take bits of bread out of my hand! who knows maybe I am a flier of sorts mentally if not physically!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:34 am

That is beyond cool,samtibbs. There must be a connection there because birds are notoriously wary of people. And since you've cats as well, they must sense something different in you.

My mother was terrified of owls,which was odd seeing as how she lived in the city where they were seldom seen. I think she believed they were harbingers of death,or some such superstition. I always thought them fascinating but have only heard them once or twice here. Since I was up and out before dawn I thought over the years I might have seen more but I was usually distracted by the stars that early.

Now,Larry is connected to eagles. He loves them.At one time there must have been many around here because there are lots of place names using eagles. We're adjacent to the Daniel Boone National Forest which is a protected area so I assume our eagle community is allowed to flourish.

I like crows and ravens.No particular reason.

Have you ever heard the suggestion that finding a feather in an unexpected place or time can be a sign from your guardian angel? Only recently read that one and wondered if it was an old or new thought.

I was having a really rough day last week and was out on the propery saying my rosary when I saw a flash of bright blue in the grass..turned out to be a blue jay's feather. That I was next to the woods didn't make it seem unusual at first but in 24 years I had never found a jay feather lying around unless a cat was carrying off the rest of the bird and this single one was tucked away in some tall grass. Not sure if it was luck,something natural or other worldly but it seemed very comforting at the time. would love to believe it was a non physical pat on the back from a caring being.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:30 am

Love your bird connection Samtibbs. I love watching the birds here and just gave Dad a book so he can look and see "What kind of bird that is?" instead of trying to describe it to me to Google. Rolling Eyes

Do mythical animals count? I've always been drawn to unicorns and have a small collection of ceramics, pictures, etc.
from over the years in addtion to a small one of cats. Having said that they are nothing in comparison to the teddy bears I've got.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EAGLESKYFIRE Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:27 am

Yes, mythical animals do count. They do exist in the spirit realms, & many try to reach out to us here. If some a are a composite animal, say a Pegasus, you interpret the animal by the animals whose parts they have. Hence the Pegasus would carry the combined strengths, & weaknesses of the horse & the eagle.
Two books that I recommend are by the author Ted Andrews, They are Animal Speak & Animal Wise. A good teaching deck is the "Medicine Cards" by Jamie Sams.
The spirits will use whatever is handy in order to make themselves known be it commercials on T.V., or the eighteen wheeler that just cut you off has a logo of the animal that's trying to get your attention. It is important to learn the survival strategies in addition to the strengths, & weaknesses of the particular animal. It gives insight as to your answer.
EAGLESKYFIRE
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Admin

http://www.eagleskyfire.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:29 am

Thank you for the bood recommendations,Eagle Skyfire. It's good to have a starting point.

Lately I feel my homework is just getting started. Guess since I have the free time to study,it's the right time to begin.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:49 pm

I haev Animal Speak and feel it is a very good guide! After reading my copy, my tiger family has made themselves more known to me - sometimes I feel a rub from the cubs on my back; many times when I am driving I can almost see a cub with his paws on the dashboard, leaning into the wind in his face; once in a trying accupuncture session I could feel one of the tigers at my feet, purring & leaning against my feet; so my tiger family is very active in my life.

I also associate with Orca, eagles, crow/raven, spider (not my idea *shuddering*), horses, wolves, unicorn, dragon, and bears.

The orca I have worked closely with over many years - when I was small, on our first outing in our new boat, a pod surrounded the boat as my mom was driving us north. Scared her to death, but I was just in love! In high school I visited the Aquarium in Vancouver, BC and had an ongoing conversation in my head with the large orca there - telling her how much I loved her, she was so beautiful and I appreciated her spirit so much - she kept circling the pool between the show time, and coming up close as she could to me, stopped, then dipped down for another round. My friends wanted her to splash us - was a very hot day in May, but I asked her not to splash us. We were the only people in the front row that left there dry!

I have worked with spirit animals with my energy work as well. My tiger cubs & orcas have helped in my qui gong excercises - helping to remove a dirty ball of negative & dirty chi for recycling, out into the bay nearby the location we were working in.

Have been working off & on with a mother bear, having a bear ritual where they tear me to shreds, eat me, then regurgitate me back into proper shape. It's a bit unnerving the first time, but feel very good after!

I've had red tail hawks and eagles fly nearby, or be on posts and power poles, just hanging out in a field. But a very constant presence when I'm travelling.

The spiders are relating to all my craft work, especially the fabric arts & beading & crafting the coin bras. I have had fewer in the house this year, still there, but just less.

The rest are a facination, intrigued by them, sometimes felt an 'other' presence. So I have a collection of minis of the rest - especially the fantastical beasties.

I feel like a whole world opened up to me when I went through my first soul retreival and woke up to the presence of my tiger family. They are my constant companions.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:21 pm

I wanted to take some time to think before I put answer here and I definitely think my spiritual quide is dog/wolf. I love dogs from the beginning of my life. My mother has a story: I was around three years old and I saw Doberman tied next to the entrance to the shop. And I screamed: Aaaah, the little horse! And I run to the dog and hugged him around its neck. I can`t resist to stroke every dog I can and they seem to like me much. Even the "bad" one. It happens to me sometimes that dogs that are afraid of other people go to me and let me stroke them. Although I`m not so risky as I was earlier and I don`t stroke strange dogs now or without the permision of their owners. I have very strong sence of smell and hearing. I can smell more than people normaly do and I often hear high tones that other people don`t hear (usually conected with eletricity). We never had any dog in our family until I was 21. I bought female of Hungarian pointer - Vizsla and she lives with us for 11 years now. It also happened that I saved some dogs - found lost dogs and found their owner or called the police to take them or healed three dogs from almost death back to life. And my hubby saved one lost dog on highway. It looks like my life is connected with dogs forever when I see it written down here. Their love and faith is neverending and very inspiring for me.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:56 pm

I like your story of hugging the "little horse" Lady. that's very sweet.. I image a Doberman might have looked like a pony to a small child.

I can barely resist reaching out to dogs myself. My husband is definitely a dog person. I love dogs and cats equally. Right now we have cats because raising another dog would take money we are using for other purposes .That, and our hearts aren't ready to replace the memory of our beloved Bear.
Still, in the short meditations I've been able to have I get images of horses and panthers,so my cats are there in some form.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:18 am

Morning all

Yeh Maxie you would think birds like that would be warry of anyone who has cats as well, but I think the owls and eagles can fend for themselves! Once when we were camping we were looking for the perfect campsite and i told hubby to watch for a sign, he and my oldest were walking along the bank of a stream when a hawk flew over dropping a single feather at hubby's feet. we camped there for the a week probably the best camp experience ever!

I know there are Dragons still hidden from us in this world by a thin veil, many is the time I can hear them snuffling or moving around, and if I am in a gift shop I am pulled by the images of dragons like a fish on a line!

Lady cute story, I can imagine how it seemed to your young eyes.

Beautiful story Karentia, they are amazing creatures!

Eagle yes I love both of those books, it is time I started paying more attention to my surroundings!

Maxie the time will come when you are ready, till then Schuster sends you a puppy lick and a good tail wagging to keep you company!

Have a wonderful day all!

Last edited by samtibbs123 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to say more)
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:40 pm

I've read angels send feathers as greetings,why not spirit or animal guides as well?
Now that most of the leaves have dropped you can see where the hawks have made their nests all summer. There are eagles in our area too but they stay in the Daniel Boone National Forest and Reserve...that's where they were returned and they're safer there. I've yet to see one, but love to watch the hunters flying about.I'm very fond of ravens and owls. I don't understand others' fear of them.

Now that I think of it,I enjoy most mammals,it's the insect world I'm not crazy about,though I've tried to develop a truce with spiders and bees

I think my vibrations might be a little strong for most animals.You see I love them dearly and always want to touch them,always forgetting I'm not eager to be touched by strangers myself. I'd like to work on reaching out without scaring them.

Samtibbs,when you left your chosen camp site did you leave a treat for your feathered friends?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:48 am

Yes, Maxie, the jay feather was for you. Just be cautious, no taking owl feathers home or in the car - they attract negative things. If you are ready to let go of an owl feather, take to a natural place - forest or backyard, offer salt in the honoring, decorate the feather before taking out if you want, but say some prayers of thanks and let it go on. You will notice a change in you luck.

I'd had an owl feather in my car for a long time, heard about this, offered it up, then a long time of changes came through. I got fired, but found the better job rather quickly; got off the boat, and a newer car, but have the loan from the boat still going - mixed bag. Sometimes it takes perspective to see the good.

Other friends had an owl feather in their car, I mentioned the giving it b
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:56 am

Giving it back to the forest - they created their own ritual. John was able to buy Flea her first new car in their marriage, he retired, and has had very successful hip replacement! He was very happy for the giving the owl feather back!

Lady, very strong indeed are dogs for you!

Maxie it's up to you if you keep feathers found or not. I try to gather as I find & have a glas vase I put them in on my alter. Any but owl are safe.I mostly now find crow.

Our eagle population is climbing - February they come from all over for the salmon run. The fields, telephone poles, trees & riverside will be thick with eagles knowing there is a feast in the river! I love the eagles!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:11 pm

I'd never heard that about owl feathers...not sure I'd recognize one if I found one. My mother was terrified of owls...harbingers of doom,of death and bad luck.. why is that. I think them glorious and mysterious.

then again,I like bats. I'd like to bring more to the property but afraid the cats might be troublesome about it.

I really like jay feathers I can find around the yard...but the ones I remove from Calvin's grinning mouth don't seem quite so lovely.Can't break him of going after jays...but the other birds are happy about it.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Laughing Yes, the ones from Calvin's hunting don't count! Pretty, but also a tad gruesome.

The owl feathers I'm thinking of are wing feathers, such as from a barred owl, have spots, stripes, or colored as an owl in your area. We have so many different owls here. Ours were obtained from a small barred owl who went face first into a sand cliff. Killed him on impact. Poor dear. I took a few from his wing. Should have said a little prayer & brought sand down on him instead. Oh well, survival of the fittest and all. No one wants to know that owls really aren't that bright, right?
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Karentia, thanks for warning about owl`s feathers. I haven`t known this. When I was a child I usually found feathers from jay in wood during mushroom hunting. Never heard about it is left by angel but I like that idea very much.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Oh I like your avatar,Lady. Not sure if they're any kind of guides but I love wolves...have always loved wolves.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Thank you Maxecat. I saw this one in pre-made avatar section and liked it. For me are wolves magical for their behaviour in group, how do they care about their puppies, how do they support each other, etc... Wild and mysterious...
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Yes,yes..that's why I'm drawn to them...they are pack animals with a sense of family. They mate for life (I think) lower status members act as guardians for pups when the others are hunting and they mourn losses.They are beautiful and intelligent.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next