Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body,Mind,Spirit connection

+6
Admin
missypotter
Lady
muggleborn
Maxecat
ladyhawke
10 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Body,Mind,Spirit connection Empty Body,Mind,Spirit connection

Post  Maxecat Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Now that Weesa has addressed the legal (and common sense) issues of taking responsibility for ones actions...

I would like to introduce a subject once dismissed by traditional physicians and now accepted,if not quite embraced.

While still difficult to empiracally prove the connection in labratory conditions,more studies indicate the real connection between the physical body and emotions or state of mind.

This exciting prospect brings a new sense of wonder and control over our health issues and helps makes us partners in well-ness.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Body,Mind,Spirit connection Empty Re: Body,Mind,Spirit connection

Post  ladyhawke Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:10 pm

One of my psychology professors used to repeat over and over and over ...

"All of human experience is mediated through both the body and the mind."
ladyhawke
ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:35 pm

I know you can effect your own self. Recently had a nasty cold. Worst one I'd had in a long time.

Turned my attention inward, focused on my cells, and told the white blood cells & other good bits to start getting rid of the cold virus cells, to clean house & remove all the mucus & shunt along to the appropriate waste disposal route, and get busy!

Within a day I had less mucus issues and was feeling more positive energy flow, rather than the flux of negative & downright suction of gravity against my bones. Repeated the excercise a couple of times.

I got through the cold twice as fast as others around me, if not quicker.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:03 pm

You bet the mind controls what happens in the body, if not placebo's would be useless yet they create cures and relief daily. I know my hysterectomy was the easiest surgery ever, I was calm and collected before it, bathing myself in blue light, I recovered in record time in fact the dr. was amazed, saying he had never see anyone heal as quickly or need less pain medication afterward, the surgery was no less invasive I was just more prepared for it and allowed my faith to see me through!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Ok - stalking Maxie, Samtibbs, EagleSkyfire, Weesa, MagicalMusicDreamer, Missy Potter, Lady and anyone else interested in joining us!

I have a request for the group that has done prayers for healing. I have a friend/co-worker that has an enlarged prostate - and may have surgery soon. Please help him to reduce the inflamation & problems that occur with this - and definately to fight any cancer cells! None seen yet, but he is in the beginning of the test cycle. He also is going in for kidney stone "breakup" procedure. His first name is Stephen.

I also am letting you all know that Brandon, my daughter's young friend & first boyfriend, who I asked for healing from last hpana thread, he has been released from the rehab unit he was in - as far as I know he is doing amazing - especially if they released him so soon! Thank you!

I am sending healing thoughts to Weesa for your own needs. May you be filled with the green light of healing.

Also sending healiong thoughts to L for Maxie - since he has that darn bug!

Oh, and a light healing for my daughter's boss at the barn - she went for a little liposuction in the belly this morning, Morgan drove her home from Bellevue. Nice that Morgan is back to at least one job before heading to California!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:13 pm

And an addition for a request on the prayer chain!

My friend's love who is in Germany, recuperating from a headwound, has amnesia! He has no recollection of the past year - where they met & fell in love! They have been seperated due to his job, but still - was such a lovely relationship! I mean, how many men would fly half way around the world to spend 6 hours with the woman of his dreams, only to have to immediately return the same way! 3 helicopters, 2 military flights, and who knows how much drive time & downtime between. Sanjeeb (sp) is a very special man. He assisted in taking down many bad men in the last few years. He works for a foreign country military. He is a very good man, and my friend is very lucky to have had this past year. Help me send healing thoughts to bring him back to health from his injury & help his memory return!

In Light & Love, thank you!
Karentia
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:37 am

Have sent some prayers their way,Karentia.
One thing,though,I don't think it is possible to "stalk" people through this site. I recall when it was set up the question about it was raised but no one seemed to know how to make it part of the site commands.
I think the only way people find references to themselves is if they are following a thread and happen to read their names.

Is it the time of year that we find so many in physical trouble? Or is it 'world time'. seems like so many are hurting or discouraged. We need some Yuletide cheer..in a hurry.

I prayer the thoughts sent in your friends' names find fast action for them. You're a good friend to seek help for their intent.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:00 pm

I wanted to separate this from my usual babble. It comes from a site dedicated to the teachings of The Secret and you can apply for messages to be sent to your computer. They don't come daily,so you won't be inundated but occasionally a real beauty comes along. I thought this important enough to share.

"A Secret Scrolls message from Rhonda Byrne
Creator of The Secret and The Power

From The Secret Daily Teachings
If a person is focused on illness then they are inadvertently attracting more illness to them. On the other hand, if a person focuses more on health than illness, then the law of attraction must obey and produce health. The principles of the law of attraction are a powerful tool to summon the healing power within us, and can be used as an aid in total harmony with all of the wonderful medical procedures that are available today.

Remember that if there were no healing power within us, nothing could be healed."

I don't believe this means we do not need the advice of physicians and other healers but a good mind set is the first line of defense for a healthier,happier life.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Thank you Maxie, I did find out there are no stalkies, and have since posted in the Hogshead, as I'm sure you have seen. Many appreciations for any positive thoughts - very frustrating to say the least for Ella to know her love has forgotten everything from this past year - including 2 suprise visits he made to her from across the planet! He was supposed to be on leave - and used the time to come from Afganistan to see her! That is one special relationship! She told me he had kept everything they had ever emailed back & forth, so he had something to reread when he needed a break from the crazyness of military work. So, there is that. She knows someone else is reading his emails to him & helping him reply, his typing & spelling are not that good right now, but the rest of the most recent reply is very concise & well spelled, the last sentance definately from him is not so well spelled.

Every prayer helps I feel.

As for the Secret - I really need to learn to focus on a thinner me, healthy is part of my daily meditation. But yes, I concentrate too much on how much I am over weight. Thank you for the reminder!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Karentia, good luck and positive thoughts to Stephen.
About the other man, perhaps the pain from his military work has been too much for him and he needs to forget...at least for awhile. Poor man. Too bad, all the other memories went too.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:36 pm

I will try to keep Ella and her love in my prayers. who knows how this will turn out but at least he can read about their relationship.

As for using exercises from The Secret..some people seem to think it's some sort of Santa's wish list and all you have to do is think of what you desire and then sit back and wait for it to manifest. I think it's more useful to use the lessons as means to focus on thoughts (and therefore, actions) in order to drive yourself toward your goals.

It's always been far too easy for you to set your needs aside in order to be supportive of Morgan,your folks,coworkers,your charity..not a criticism...I'm one of those too...but it's ok to be healthfully selfish. A stronger you can be more helpful to others..it's amazing how they can get along without us...
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Oh, yes! I got that message tapped onto my shoulder this week. Was kinda bemoaning the lack of funds for my bills, her bills, and still wanting to buy a ticket to the Gala without feeling too guilty when one of my guides said - "stop buying everything for Morgan & you that you see!" Such as taking us out to lunch on laundry day - I normally treat myself, but that is a $5 or under lunch. Last time Morgan & I went after laundry it was $22 for teryaki. Yes, I do make mine last for more than one meal, but still! I was in a very good habit of keeping my funds close to me, and starting to pay things off. Once I started to pay her bills, and everything else, *foom*, no money. No

So, I am standing back in my shoes of helping myself first, have jam for sale at work, have contacted one of my regular buyers, and if I can sell all 2 dozen jars, will be more comfortable through the end of the month.

Morgan is supposed to be house sitting for 2 weeks here, starting next Saturday. Then by mid December she will have a firm date of going to California. She is doing her best to stay with friends to appease my landlord, not drive her car very much, because the radiator needs replacing before she leaves, not to mention gas prices, and she has been buying food for both of us. But then that is another issue. She wants to do a mojor purchase of fresh all at one time! You can't eat all that fresh at once between two people! I am working on her, but she will learn on her own I guess. I hate throwing out food. When it is just me, I have very little actually in the fridge.

Will go back to that soon!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:16 am

Sanjeeb, Ella and Stephen are all in my prayers.

muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Thank you Muggleborn!

MMD - he had a head injury. Have no other details other than he was medivacced out of Afghanistan to Germany with head injury, and then they found out about memory loss when he woke up. He is a Captain in the British military. I don't know if this helps you or not, just thought I'd post more information. Ella said he was always used to being the one to take care of others - now he will have to get used to others taking care of him for a while.

Ella & S had been talking about buying a B&B in Brittain & running it. Now? Who knows if they have a future. He had 10 months till retirement I think she said.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Karentia your friends are all in my prayers as are you. I hope things ease up for you financially soon. It is such a tough time for so many people. You know such amazing people all around the world. I guess great people attract other great people. Wink

I enjoyed reading the thoughts about mind and healing. I know that is true along with great faith as you mentioned samtibbs. I will be working on dismissing my fears and thinking positive before my surgery in January. Going in strong will be a big help. Very Happy
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 am

Good planning,missypotter. Seeing yourself walking free of pain,cooking,playing with grandkids,bending and stretching,are good ways to set in motion your healing plan.
Do you happen to have cats? The vibrations of a purring cat are the same wave length as those on the little machines physical therapists use to stimulate cell growth after injuries.
My cat lay near my broken knee for the first week and between her and the healing prayers sent my way by the wonderful women here,my first xrays showed healing way beyond what the doctor expected.The trend continued.
I was suppose to be recuperating for 12 weeks but I was back to work in 8.
I told the doctor about the cat therapy and about the prayer group and he wasn't surprised at the results.
He's Indian(dot not feather) and said he believed healing comes from many sources. He didn't even laugh at the kitty therapy because he said there was science behind it.
You've lots of time to visualize yourself really enjoying life again.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:53 pm

I don't have a cat. Hubby is not a big one for pets of any kind. When I was growing up we had 2 cats and I can still remember/hear their little purring. Perhaps if I keep my knees warm and visualize the purring it would help. It is a relaxing sound either way.

I do think I already feel better, imagining all I will be able to do when I am well. Wink
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:48 am

There's nothing stronger in life than your personal imagination and I think it's a useful theraputic tool.
Sorry you don't have access to a kitty,missypotter (I'd gladly share one of my mine..Larry'd be so grateful) but I think setting aside a few minutes several times a time to visualize those healthy knees would be a step toward renewed health. It couldn't hurt anything.

Throughout written history there are many mentions of using thought to help heal,from the ancient philosophers to various contributors to the Bible. I think self awareness is a powerful tool that can be used to help the body move toward its goal of optimum health.

Along the way we may be given inconvenience to either challenge or remind us to take nothing for granted. I was tempted to feel sorry for myself the other day and the interview with Gabby Gifford was on..that shut me up and shut down all thoughts of 'poor me'. And any time I see a recuperating veteran,or a damaged animal overcoming the odds and living their lives I kick myself mentally for being such a wuss.
Then again,since they're not in my shoes,they can't experience my life either and might have a difficult time coping.Beating oneself up isn't healthy either.Use thoughts for only the most positive things.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Missy P - also use Arnica gel and Arnica pellets - you can get them at Super Suplements (sp), or Fred Meyers. After surgery you rub a little dab on the skin around the surgery site, and as the incision heals over, then you can rub on the sealed area as well. The pellets assist the healing from the inside - and help your painkillers work. I used it religiously when I got run over by the horses. I know Maxie used that as well on her knee as the kitty purrs. Any non-invasive healing methods are great I admit. And yes, you have loads of healing prayers on your wavelength!

The financial will be better soon - Morgan is working some at the barn, and going full time in January will help! Thank you!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:21 pm

You're right,Karentia,I had forgotten about the arnica..it's wonderful..so much so that the tube I "lent" one of my employees for her football player son never found its way home to me.

Another employee swears by BioFreeze for bad knees (she's a school busdriver and carries some extra weight) She's waiting for her diabetes to get more in control before having surgery. She said the BioFreeze gave her a lot of relief.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:45 pm

I`ve heard about Arnica too. It reduces the blood emission and helps with tissue recovery. What helped me much when I had problems with pain in knees and in shoulder was Wobenzym. I had non-stop pain in both knees from my 18 till my 22. Dr. never discovered why. And it was Wobenzym what stopped it. I was told that pain in knees is connected with kidneys and is true that I had urinal problems very often in that age. And what more, when I drink alcohol - hard drink - the other day I have always the pain in knees back. The shoulder was hurting when Dan was around 15 months old, I was still holding him in my arms as he wasn`t walking in that age and he was quite heavy. I remembered - Wobenzym and did the cure and pain gone away. I don`t know for sure if enzyms can be matched with other meds but I think they can. And our sportsmen use it pernamently because any injury heals more quickly with enzyms. missypotter, maybe you can ask your dr. about it too.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:26 pm

I would like to ask you for your prayers and positive thoughts for my mother. She is having minor leg surgery tommorow morning. It should be in local anesthesia or from waist down, but still it is surgery, so any help is welcome. Thank you very much.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Lady, I hope your Mother's surgery goes well and that she recovers fast.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:36 pm

I'll be holding your mother in my prayers,Lady. We take minor surgery for granted but there's always a risk when anesthesia is involved. She's be back at your house to recover? You can follow her progress.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 am

Will be thinking positive thoughts for her recovery Lady. Let us know how she does.

Speaking of surgery on legs my Dad is scheduled for knee replacement next month if you ladies could add him to your prayers/thoughts I'm sure it would be a great help.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next