Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 29 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 29 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Admin Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Hog's Head - Page 29 Purple%20Flowers_zpsztfiricu

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 pm

Frost hit the few daffodils last night, so, it's nice seeing some crocus. Love hyacinth,too...such a sweet scent.
Heavy cat on chest,can't type.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Good evening!  One last night in this lovely location.  Got cold on us, didn't quite get past 60°?  Windy.  That is two years in a row - hot first week, cold second.  Meh.  It is vacation and not raining!  Woohoo!

Have most everything packed up.  Shipped off all the souvenirs and new clothing - easier that way.  And I did not wear any of my new capris.  At all.  They are all still a smidge too snug, and my denim shorts worked great.  I'm flip flopping on whether to wear long pants tomorrow, or not - I normally wear them as sleepwear, but they are pants.  Just no pockets.  Really stretchy.  To wear or not to wear - that is the question!   Laughing. Anyway, I'll figure it out.  

Tried twice to ride the Hogwarts Express, no go.  It's broken down 3 times in 24 hours.  I'll try one more time in the morning.  My shuttle to the airport doesn't leave till 2:15, so I have most of the morning in the park, after I check my bags & check out.  I also need to take care of some Owl Post!  Have them ready, forgot when I was over there earlier.  

Had dinner at the Leaky Cauldron, the fish and chips - with a sticky toffee pudding for dessert - oy, still groaning for how full I am!  Delicious!  They did not have to go packaging, so took my time with it.  Took so long my hips were kind of locked up - was cold in there - no heaters, plus doors open most of the time.  The cod was delightful!  After craving it for 5 days, glad I finally got it!  Now, perhaps a burger tomorrow.  At least a waffle at Toothsome Chocolate Factory?  They sure looked pretty, fruit and whipped cream... They do amazing things with whipped cream.

I brought back a lovely dark chocolate 'shot' - a cup made from chocolate, filled with a chocolate mousse, topped with another piece of chocolate.  Have to take a picture before I eat it!  That may be breakfast too, if I'm still this stuffed.  Tomorrow will be another long day - Friday I will be lucky to get up and do laundry - might stay in bed as long as possible.  

I am not sure if I mentioned this or not, I know Maxie knows of it - Hanako Ricks started a thread for planning a get together vacation here, at Universal, for June of 2018?  I am getting my travel gal up to speed, see what magic she can come up with, for all of us - a group rate?  Block of rooms?  What is her best offer?  And handle flying, or not - but at least hotel & park tickets - that is how you get the extras, like the breakfast and Shutterbuttons visit.  And anyone who wants to start at Disney World with me, welcome to!  But it will be June, busy!  Not my choice, but quite a few folks are teachers or work in a school district.  So, anyone here interested?  I can tag you in, on the invite on Facebook.  It would be so fun to do this with all the other gals from HPANA!  There are 8 signed up so far...

Good night ladies!  Sleep well!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:23 am

Good evening all,

Just woke up and going right back to sleep as soon as I'm done here, but I wanted to check in with everyone so you won't think something happened.

Hog's Head - Page 29 Angels10

Hog's Head - Page 29 Angles10

Hog's Head - Page 29 Castle10

Hog's Head - Page 29 Leprec12

Hog's Head - Page 29 Man_810

Hog's Head - Page 29 Lady10

Hog's Head - Page 29 Lady11

Blessings for a great night for all !  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:40 am

Hog's Head - Page 29 TighLal-s-ThatchedCottage-Spiddal-CoGalwayIE-lalscottage
Tigh Lal's Thatched Cottage, Spiddal, County Galway, Ireland. Photo by Lal's Cottage.

Good morning. Dobby, bring on a Hagrid sized coffee, please. Was falling asleep watching tv last night so went to bed where I instantly became wide awake. Shocked Finally got up and went back to watching tv till I finally got sleepy enough to go back to bed. Sleep

Here's to a healthy, healing, smooth flowing, easy travelling day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Hate those kind of nights. Maybe a nap today can catch you up?

Found an episode of So You Think You're Scottish on YouTube...starring David Tennant. Very interesting...and his accent changes. Ebbs and flows depending on who he's talking to. Such a lovely man.

Also saw Jeremy Irons..on the Who do You Think You Are version. Anothet interesting man with that mystical Celtic soul. And on these shows you get to see real people shivering while admiring the Irish countryside.

I woke with great hope for today but my energy disappeared. Sad

Maybe a Winky sized cappuccino for me?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Morning all

Maxie I'm with you hard to find the get up and go to get up, never mind the go! Sigh! Take care hugs dear!

Karentia sounds like you are having a wonderful time , hope your trip home is safe and enjoyable, thanks fro taking us along, hugs dear!

Hecate love all the great Irish Picts, been watching a British baking show on netflix it is raining about half the time makes some of the items a mite sloppy seems that part of the world gets quite a bit of moisture must be why everything is sooo green, still do love the Picts! Hugs dear!

Weesa love crocus have seen a few up around town my iris are just up and my columbine is starting to green up, yeah spring!

Hello MMD hope you are feeling better hugs dear!

Always hope Willow is doing better thanks for the great cottages, hugs dear!

Hello to missy, lady, shrivelfig, muggleborn MJS and whom ever else drops by!

Dobby think I would love a grilled cheese with a mint milkshake and Alberforth a mug of your house blend with a dash if Irish cream please, it is raining here so I'll be by the fire for a bit, have a great day all
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Tried to write last night but pushed some button and my post dissipated

Nice to hear you had a great time Katernia

I've had 2 emergencies since the week-end.

First, I found a small leak from my bathroom ceiling on Sunday night. We discovered their was a worse leak in the laundry room which is next to my bathroom. So my sister went to the apartment right above ours and talked to the two sisters that lived there. They were very nice and gave her their number so could text each other. Turns out their washing machine was overflowing. We have an emergency maintenance number that we gave the sisters since they didn't have it. I forget which one of us called but he came in about 30 minutes and said the overflow switch on their washing machine was set to the off position so he fixed it. Now the big problem is the water spread from my bathroom to my carpeted bedroom and a good portion of the carpet is soaked. Any ideas on how to get it dry?

Second, we had to take my mom to the emergency room Monday evening. She hasn't been feeling well and the previous day she fainted a few times. Turns out she has the flu which led to dehydration which led to low blood pressure which led to fainting. Great domino effect. So they put her on an IV to get fluids into her and tamiflu to treat the flu. They did x-rays and a CAT scan; no broken bones! Smile They didn't want to discharge her till her blood pressure got back up to normal and she takes high blood pressure too.

My sister and BiL went out that night to get all of her animals and bring them here. She has two dogs and two adolescent kittens. Our apartment is getting pretty full of furniture in boxes that need to be put together so you are always trying not to step on a dog or cat. I'm just happy that all the animals get along except for a little spat here or there and her animals adapt to our schedule.

My mom was texting us last night and we could tell something was off with her. She kept going on about how we didn't want to come and she was picking on my sister. I tried to explain it wasn't a matter of not wanting to come but that we were unable to come since my sister has been going for a few days without much sleep and needed sleep. My mom takes xanax for anxiety and we finally figured out she hasn't been on her xanax for several days and this is how she acts when she's not on it. So I encouraged my sister to call the nurse's station and let them know. My mom also was brought up not to complain and make waves so we knew she wasn't going to bring it up. So they started her on some xanax and now she's back to her old self again.

I got to go and pick her up and bring her back to the apartment so we can take care of her to get over this flu.

My grandparents always made my mom wear orange for St. Patrick's Day since their family is from Northern Ireland. She got teased a lot for that as a kid.

shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Oh,poor shrivlefig, the nargles are definitely on the loose!
Your poor mom...hope she gets balanced,soon.

For your carpet, I suggest renting a Shop Vac if you don't already have one. Best for sucking up that water. You might have to pull back the rug to make sure the carpet pad dries completely. I didn't...and my basement carpet had to be replaced because of the resulting mildew. Yuck.

Best of luck on containing your inner Niagra Falls. Home maintenance never stops.

Larry's working so I'm charged with calling in basketball scores...for 3 different channels. But, I think I'm ready for a DVD break.

Love to all.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:00 am

Good evening all,

I can just see you giving play by play coverage over the phone Maxecat......what happens when the wrong team is winning? Have fun!

Hope you get everything under control Shrivelfig.

My mind is wanting corned beef & cabbage but the reality of it is that it's no where around. Wish I could make it manifest like Dobby does.

Hog's Head - Page 29 Dobby_11

Hog's Head - Page 29 Corned10

And here's some Irish stew if anyone would like some of that......................

Hog's Head - Page 29 Stew10

And of course lots of treats too......................

Hog's Head - Page 29 St-hat10

Hog's Head - Page 29 Pie_2110

Hog's Head - Page 29 Cake_410

Hog's Head - Page 29 Leprec13

Hog's Head - Page 29 Cupcak14

Hog's Head - Page 29 Crispy10

Hog's Head - Page 29 Cupcak14

Here's some tea if someone is is the mood for that..........................

Hog's Head - Page 29 Tea_310

Hog's Head - Page 29 Baby_210

Hog's Head - Page 29 Boybun10

Hog's Head - Page 29 Cats10

Hog's Head - Page 29 Girl_210

Hog's Head - Page 29 Ladyma11

Hog's Head - Page 29 Annima13

Blessings for the one day when the whole world is Irish!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 am

Hog's Head - Page 29 Darby10

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Aberforth, make it a tall green butterbeer, please.

Today's Willow's vet trip for her dental work and one other minor surgery. At the moment, she's not thrilled at no breakfast. I will be glad when it's all over, too.

:hug: to all... looks like everyone's had interesting times of late... rollercoasters of fun and chaos combined.

Here's to a healthy, healing, joyful, nargle-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:33 am

Top I'm the morning to you!  I'll take that Irish stew put into Shepard's pie,please, and a green butter beer.  Yummy!

Safe and sound, and awake - my co-worker, Jeanine, lost her other brother yesterday, the one in Colorado, to liver cancer.  I am going in to close.  My boss was tight lipped, since I mentioned this was not her normal closing night, he said some changes had been made, and all would be explained.  Ok, Confucius.  I am going to do laundry and grab some groceries - empty fridge - before I go in - he at least gave me grace for coming in by 2:30, instead of 10:30, since it is the last day of my vacation.  

Jeanine let me know she talked to her brother before he passed, and was feeling better about it all - he was very sweet to her at the end.  

Yes, Hecate, thank you and the elves for all the wonderful decorations and food!  Delicious!

Always, sending you and Willow healing thoughts.  Hope it all goes well for her.

Shrivlefig, I'd let the maintenance man know about the water - he should be able to help you with that - and judge if your carpet & pad need replacing.  Also, take note if anything was ruined by the water - furniture, books, anything.  You would want to put a claim in quickly.  Anyone downstairs from you?  Did the water continue down?  Glad you figured out your mom's Xanax issue - may she heal quickly - and stay hydrated.

My pleasure to share the trip - makes it more fun, and memorable!  Now I hope my box of souvenirs arrives at the office today!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Hog's Head - Page 29 Bitmoj12
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Afternoon all

Happy st. Patties day to one and all!

Karentia nice to know you made it home safe and sound,hope you have a good day at work, hugs dear, hugs to your friend as well rough losing a family member!

Always hope Willow faired well at the vet give her special scratches from me! Great cottages thanks, hugs dear!

Hecate what a spread you and the elves have concocted for us yummm! Hope you have a super day, hugs dear!

Shrivelfig hope you get the water mess taken care of quickly, glad your mom is on the mend, hugs to one and all!

Maxie things are growing yeah I was beginning to think spring would never come but, who knows my son is getting the garden cleaned out, and has promised to do all the weeding this year time will tell, hope you have a super weekend hugs dear!

Hello to MMD, lady, missy, muggleborn,MJS and whom ever else might drop by!

Dobby some steamed cabbage, roasted carrots and potatoes along with some Irish soda bread perfect and of course some of the sweets Hecate has supplied yum Alberforth one of the green butter beers please thank you both!

Well tomorrow is Jessie's last day of bowling for the season, couple of monthly tournaments but this is it for the league it's been a great year, looking forward to the potluck tomorrow!

Have a great day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:21 pm

I hope all goes well for Willow today Always.
Cute Irish picture!
Lovely pictures Hecate, especially the harp ones.
Our feast looks wonderful.

Happy home Karentia. I enjoyed reading about your adventures.

Hi to maxecat, samtibbs, missypotter, MJS, Weesa, muggleborn, and shrievelfig.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes for Willow. We just got home and the vet says she did remarkably well. She (the vet) went over the whole procedure, including photos to show me what was done. I've got two weeks of tlc to take care of Willow, then she'll go back for a follow up and to remove some stitches. Poor little fuzzy baby was starving after no food all day but I can only give her a little bit for now. She's still wobbly. I've given her her pain med for the evening, so hopefully she'll fall asleep before long. cat I love you Tomorrow should be better.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:05 pm

Poor little girl. Gentle hugs from Aunt Maxie,Always.

Horrid day,inside and out. Skipped work even. Certainly not celebrating anything but am pleased about Willow Karentia ' s return and samtibbs' luck to have a hearty son to prepare her garden.

Maybe if I can sleep tonight,tomorrow will be less daunting.

Thunder storms in March! Very rare.

Love to all.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:34 am

Good evening all,

Give Willow some hugs from me too.. They are usually very groggy like that after they come out of the anesthesia. It's kind of late now but the only thing you should watch for is that they don't try to do any jumping at first, until they feel better. Poor kitty, She should be more like herself in the morning. Here's a pepper up potion made special just for kitties.......................

Hog's Head - Page 29 Potion12

Must get some sleep.

Blessings and furry hugs! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:35 am

Hog's Head - Page 29 GingerbreadHouse-Ilminster-Somerset-UK-StandoutCabinDesigns
Gingerbread House, Ilminster, Somerset, UK. Photo by Standout Cabin Designs.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have coffee, and a banana nut muffin, please.

Willow is doing better this morning (as anticipated). She didn't even come to wake me up. Instead she was lurking on the table where she usually gets fed waiting for breakfast! Actually I've set up her feeding area on a floor mat for now since I would like to limit her being on high places. She, of course, is ignoring that, but thankfully, now that she's been fed and has gotten her dose of pain meds, she seems to be settling in on the couch for a morning nap. When I picked her up this morning, her purring was the loudest I've ever heard from her, so I'm pretty doggone sure she's glad to be home.

Here's to a healthy, healing, better day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Halloooo!  Just got home, had an impromptu party for a co-worker who is moving to outside Houston.  Had a small, Hawaiian pizza.  Personal size pizzas for all!  Place your order with Dobby, please!  

We will miss Terry, he is a very nice man, a good driver, and a friend.  

So tired, part of me is still on East Coast time... Off to Wonderland. 

Glad miss Willow is better as of this morning!  Scritches from me too!

Healing thoughts to all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:40 am

Missed St. Patrick's Day since I was helping my sister run errands. But that Irish stew looks wonderful.

Thanks for all the ideas for the wet carpet. I'll let my sister know. I do think we have a shop vac. Luckily, the water didn't get far enough to destroy anything.

We got some Green Gobbler from Home Depot that helps to digest paper, etc. in the toilet if it's being sluggish. My sister put some in her toilet last night (you let it sit over night) and then when she got up, it was overflowing. We are definitely having nargles.

Finally got the Tamiflu for my mom. The first place we went to didn't have the generic and it was about $150! Shocked So we went to another place that had the generic for about $30. Much better price.

My mom has been mostly sleeping and he is able to eat and drink and hold it down.. We got her some cough drops the big economy size. I think she said they told her it would take about a week to fully recovered. They do want her to do some walking so sometimes she walks the dogs with me.

Sounds like Willow is feeling better. cat Smile
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:51 am

Good evening all,

Another quick fly through, Always, just some thoughts, I've had a total of twenty six cats over my lifetime, and what I've found is once they get to their senior years it's better to feed them on the floor so they don't have to be jumping up to cabinets. Either that or make sure that she has stools and chairs to climb up on to get there. Give her a hug from me.

Did someone say Hawaiin Pizza???...............................

Hog's Head - Page 29 Pizza-10

Mmmmmm, delicious!

Blessings for a fun relaxing Sunday! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:45 am

Hog's Head - Page 29 LeTrogloHobbitHome-Eastman-quebec-EntreCimesEtRacines
Le Troglo Hobbit Home, Eastman, Quebec, Canada. Photo by Entre Cimes et Racines.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll go with coffee and a couple of cranberry scones today, please.

Welcome back to the "real" world, Karentia. What a culture shock!  Wink

Shrivelfig... Yikes. Definitely time for some nargle repellent.

Hecate... Steps for getting up to Willow's dining table have been in for some time (two different pet steps to get to the proper height). I also have pet steps to my bed (1 set like the bottom one in the photo) plus a kiddie booster seat (like barbers use) going up to the ottoman up to the couch. This is definitely a cat-oriented house and I started doing the steps when I moved in here. Here's a pic of her "dinette".

Hog's Head - Page 29 WillowsDiner

Here's to a healthy, healing, nargle-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Sweet Hobbit House! And such good news about Willow.
I've noticed Maddie doesn't jump as much anymore. She'll land on the bathroom vanity because that's where she decided her drinking glass is ( so much for the rest of us) and if I'm at the dining table with some fabric, or even a notebook. ..she's checking me out.

The bowls on top of the refrigerator seem to be off limits now.

Still, poor Willow. ..dental work sucks.

Nasty nargles begone!
We're on septic, so we're always watching out for the little devils.

My pizza just walked in the door.
Not Hawaiian.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:13 am

Good evening all,

Had to laugh when I saw the picture of all the stairs Always,.....I was envisioning them covered with red velvet!!!! Talk about a 'red carpet' arrival!

For some reason I've gotten myself involved with the new mini series called Feud; Bette & Joan, with Susan Sarandon as Bette and Jessica Lange as Joan.  The plot is about the two of them making the movie Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.  My opinion, Susan Sarandon is doing an excellent job of mimicking Bette's voice and gestures but Lange isn't very believable as Crawford, at least for me.  It's on Sunday nights on FX.  

I've spent the last two days watching TCM with all of the tributes to Robert Osborne and all of the Private Screenings and Live from TCM Classic Film Festivals that Robert Osborne hosted. Very interesting how his life fell into place with his love and knowledge of old movies from a very early age and then having the perfect job created for him when TCM was established twenty years ago. Along with the help he got from Lucy Ball and Olivia De Haveland who also helped his career.  I'm just wondering....all of the ladies talk so highly of him and praise what a perfect gentleman his is/was, although when I looked him up on IMDB there is no mention of any marriages or relationships with anyone...male of female.  From what was said, he had a lot of close friends both male and female but no mention of him living with anyone.  Just me, but I'm hoping that it doesn't come out now after all of these years that he was gay and never came out of the closet.....I'm hoping for the fact that he just led a very solitaire life.  What a beautiful, wonderful man he was, my opinion of him will not change no matter what surfaces.....if anything.

Hog's Head - Page 29 Captur14

Tomorrow is the Equinox..............Enjoy the first day of Spring!

Hog's Head - Page 29 Spring11

Hog's Head - Page 29 Annima14

Hog's Head - Page 29 Annima15

Blessings for the beginning of a fabulous week for everyone!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum