Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 30 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 30 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Always Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:45 am

Hog's Head - Page 30 Sea-thatch-st-agnes-cornwall-femalefirst
Sea Thatch Cottage, St. Agnes, Cornwall, UK. Photo by FemaleFirst.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have toast with Irish butter and marmalade, some bacon, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Willow seems to be feeling better and is getting back to a bit closer to normal, very cuddly last evening, wrapping herself around my arm and purring while I was watching tv. Vet will call today to check in, then next week we'll go in to the office for removal of stitches and follow up. She doesn't have much of a meow right now (as if she has laryngitis) but the first still whispery squeaks are returning.

Here's to a healthy, healing, energy-restoring day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:31 am

Wonderful for snuggly hugs. Good for Willow.

Brrr....Cornwall looks chilly. An overcast day in Great Britain seems so....dreary....and the sunny days,so brilliant by comparison. I like the stone cottage.

Hecate, I've been watching TCM and the Robert Osborne tributes. He inspired friendship in a lot of people. And was more handsome as he aged.

I like the Feud,too. It's hard to duplicate Faye Dunaway's portrayal which was genius and over the top...but I can't think of anyone else who could tackle it. Fascinating women.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:57 am

Morning all

It is certainly spring in Idaho, sunny blue. Skies ten minutes later freezing rain then sun again then a gentle warm rain, not an easy day to dress for sigh! Still it is better than a foot of snow!

Hecate loved all the st pattys day picts, that and all the food perfect! Did anyone bring you some Irish goodies? Bekkah posted a happy first day of spring notice on fb. She must be Back at school no beach pictures with it! Hope you have a super day, hugs dear!

Always love the steps for Willow, I have a friend that has a ramp set up for her dashound, so he can get on and off the bed easily, what we won't do for our furries, hope you both are doing well, hugs dear!

Karentia glad you made it home safe and sound, remember to take some time to relax and recharge, vacations like the one you just had, though fun, are draining, remember even the energizer bunny needs to charge up now and then, have a great day dear hugs!.

MMD thank you for the lovely e card very nice indeed! Hope you are doing better every day, hugs dear!

Missy hope hubby is doing better, have the dry decided what is going to happen yet? Hugs to you both!

Maxie hope all the weird weather going on back east is missing you,even with the snow it seems we don't get as much out here, hope you are doing well and that they keep you busy but not overworked, stay warm, hugs dear!

Shrivelfig hope you got rid of all the marbles no fun for sure, hugs dear!

Hello to lady, muggleborn, MJS Weesa and whom ever else might drop by, hugs to ne and all!

Well Jessie got quite a bit about 100 dollars added to her scolorship funds and seventy five dollars at the pro shop she's not sure what she wants to spend the pro shop money on but she has the summer to decide, she has 4more tournaments to bowl at al of which can add to her scolorship funds, she should have several thousand by the time she is ready for school,!

Saw an add for butter beer ice cream, think it was made in your area Hecate, sounds good to me!

Dobby I would love a spinach and cheese omelet wit a dish of fresh fruit please , Alberforth a mug of your house blend please, thank you both!

Running errands and fit and fall program today, have a great day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:06 am

Hog's Head - Page 30 Penbanc-thatchedLonghouse-Brynberian-Crymych-Pembrokshire-WestWalesHolidayCottages
Penbanc - thatched Longhouse, Brynberian, Crymych, Pembrokshire, Wales. Photo by West Wales Holiday Cottages.

Good morning. Dobby, coffee and a bran muffin with lots of butter, please.

Today is paperwork day. Got a phone call from the dept. that handles payment for my in-the-nursing-home brother's care instead of the usual paper renewal form that I've gotten before. They need me to send a batch of paperwork... ALL of which I have sent them before! Gotta love bureaucracies. They didn't even have his bank info which was the very first thing I had to send years ago when I was first applying for his care. Mad Ah well... this, too, shall pass.

Here's to a healthy, healing, smooth-flowing, good news incoming kind of day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:16 pm

I believe bureaucracies exist only to hire and support  other bureaucrats. What a tangle.  Good luck, Always.

I guess you feel comfortable  with  the care  your brother is receiving. Good care  means so much and can be hard to find. We've only one nursing  home in town which used to be better when operated by a local  medical family but now is part of a group. The professionals are all so kind but usually understaffed.
Do you get to talk to  your brother much?

Samtibbs, we'd be absolute pigs if we complained about this past Winter. Other than typical cold we haven't had to struggle  with ice and snow. As for Spring, well, like so many areas, all we have to do is wait from hour to hours, adding and subtracting layers. Weather  adventures.
The early  lilies are coming up and there are buds on the weigelas and rose bushes. Shallow rooted weeds, too, so, this weekend I hope to be chopping away.

What wonderful news about Jessie earning scholarship money through her sports. Such a good girl.

Just came back from the gym and Maddie's purring is making me sleepy.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Good afternoon to all,

I just checked in to see what was up for the day so far and realized that I hadn't posted last night. I know that I fell asleep around midnight and dozed on and off until around three when I turned it all off and got some good sleep for a change.

That is a bummer about having to send all of that info to the nursing home again. Did they give any reason why they are needing duplicates of what they should already have??  I would make it a point to let them know about what they should already have on file and to see if they can't find what they should have on file  Well, at least raise some kind of stink to let them know you are not happy about any of it. Good luck with it.
Give some more hugs to Willow for me please. Sounds like they did more than extract teeth, sending more energy to help it all heal well for her.

Great to hear about all of the good things that are coming to Jessie!  She's really accomplished a lot in a short time. Give her a hug from me, and tell her I said.....'way to go girl!!'

Maxecat, I think you are totally right about thinking Robert Osborne got more and more handsome as he got older, and more charming too. You're also right about Faye Dunaway, I can't think of anyone else who could portray Crawford any better than her, but I still think Sarandon has got Davis 'nailed' to the hilt.  Time will tell, I'm sure they will be up for awards in the up coming awards season. Too bad we will have to wait until next year to find out.

Another dreary day around Chicago.....again.  All I can think of is 'sunshine'.........................

Hog's Head - Page 30 Spring12

Hog's Head - Page 30 Spring13

Hog's Head - Page 30 Annima16                            

Dobby, how about some fresh fruit, cheese, and finger sandwiches?.......Please..........................

Hog's Head - Page 30 Fruit_11

Hog's Head - Page 30 Cheese10

Hog's Head - Page 30 Finger10

Woooo....look we have springtime cuppycakes for dessert...................

Hog's Head - Page 30 Captur15

Thanks Dobby, you are the best!.................................!

Hog's Head - Page 30 Dobby_13
Blessings for a magnificently grand day!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:10 am

Hog's Head - Page 30 ThatchedCottage-Exmoor-UK-SuePovey
Creatively thatched cottage, Exmoor, UK. Photo by Sue Povey.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a couple of 5 minute eggs, toast, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Hecate... It wasn't the nursing home that asked for the info on my brother. It was the state agency that covers the bulk of the cost of his care. I have no idea what black hole the original paperwork disappeared into - nargles ate it perhaps? - but I finally got it all done and sent in. Actually, it was a good thing I had to do this since there was an error in the bank records showing an incorrect address for me, which has now been rectified. I've also scanned the documents for emailing which is also good in case I ever need them again. I check his account every month online, but the screen doesn't show the address so I really hadn't noticed I hadn't gotten paper statements for several months. Yesterday I signed up for e-statements, and discovered they had wrong address info there (nargles are everywhere). I suspect it's from when they switched over to some new system near the end of last year. What's really annoying is that the customer service rep I spoke with said there was a note in their file that mail had been returned to them. Now... you'd THINK they might check the address on my checks (which is correct) OR call me (the phone number on file was correct) OR send me an email (that, too, was correct) to remedy things instead of just letting things sit. *deep breath* But it's healed now. // Speaking of healing in response to your other question... Willow had two teeth extracted plus a deep cleaning, and also had surgery on the back of her neck to remove a "mass" (probably a cyst). She also had an iv and a tracheal tube put in for the surgical procedure... all of which needs healing. But she's doing well, and is getting back to herself more each day. We'll both be glad when the stitches are out! (next week)

Maxe... Yes, I'm very happy with the care John gets. And the folks at the nursing home keep me in the loop with anything that's necessary. Between email and phone, there's always communication, and I really like the Administrator there. I don't talk to him at all, however. He has severe hearing loss and talking on the phone just frustrates him. I write to him every 2 weeks or so, illustrating it with clip art. I'm really not too sure how much comprehension he has (he's got three different types of dementia), and his memory span is about 3 minutes, so any communication from me to him is kept very simplistic, and there's never anything in return since he's not capable of it. He has activities there at the nursing home and people to talk to, so he's not isolated. Were he in good health and self sufficient, I probably would be only in "Christmas card contact", since we really never had much in common. Most of the family (my other brother and my cousins) though they don't wish him ill, just want nothing to do with him because of his past actions. Let's just say he made a lot of really poor, destructive choices in his life which impacted other people as well. But I'm the big sister (and now his Guardian) so I'll see that he's cared for (including my letters, which are a part of that). Life. Family. Hey... give me HP and Doctor Who any day!

Here's to a healthy, healing, positive energy flowing kind of day...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:57 am

Positive vibes for all, as well as healing thoughts!  Ready to turn in.  Samtibbs, I gave myself yesterday for rest - napped the whole day, in and out enough to check the channel on the tv, eat when I needed, etc.  But mostly napped.  Finally felt human around 9:00 pm.  Did not stay up too much later, and had a good night's sleep.  Was gentle with myself today too, was cleaning and organizing after the unpacking, got what I could together to start the claim, and ran a couple of errands before going to see Ross.  Got a big hug, and welcome back from him!  I do enjoy his hugs!  

Did you all get your owls?  I sent the last from Owl Post on Thursday.  I got mine today - wanted to get one, and send to Morgan too, but I don't have her address.  I know the UK batch mostly went out on Tuesday.  Love sending those out!  And brought proper postage this time.  

Hugs and scritches for Willow!  Sweet girl.  Glad the paperwork has been resolved, Always, and so glad you are savvy with scanning it all!  Enjoy Spring!

We had mostly cloudy today, with a couple of gully washer downpours, lucky I was inside.  Pretty sunset.  And so glad I could make it to the store finally!  I have fresh stuff!  Tinned tuna and such, not so fresh.

Samtibbs that is awesome for Jessie!  Congrats on her doing well, and a great idea for scholarship fundraiser!  She is rocking it!  

Hugs to all - good night!   cloud9  :hug: sunny
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:55 am

Good evening to all,

I got my owl today!!! Greetings from the Hogs Head! Good to know that you took the time today to be the Queen of your Castle Karentia.

Here's a little something to brighten up the apartment for spring........................

Hog's Head - Page 30 Tulips12

What a mess Always! Too bad no one has any forethought in the state department to assume responsibility for their jobs, but that would probably mean they would have to think for a living. How is your other brother doing?? I was thinking of him the other day when I was watching that new show after Face Off called CozPlay Maylee where the contestants create costumes that would be seen on the runways at the comic conventions. That is really becoming a big thing. I'm sure some of you have seen that documentary that Tom Felton did about Harry Potter fans and he went to some of the conventions here in the US. That's really a big business now. Anyway, is he still going to the conventions?

Give Willow more hugs from me.

Here are a few pictures to help us 'Think Spring'...................................

Hog's Head - Page 30 Tulips13

Hog's Head - Page 30 12310g11

Hog's Head - Page 30 Shower10

Hog's Head - Page 30 Sun-ra10

Hog's Head - Page 30 The-fa11

Hog's Head - Page 30 Xudozh10

Hog's Head - Page 30 Bbunrw10

Blessings for the clear blue skies, warm bright sunshine, and sweet smells of Spring! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:49 am

Hog's Head - Page 30 Harry_and_hedwig_by_blueberries_in_july-deviant-art
"Harry and Hedwig" by Blueberries In July / DeviantArt

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a slice of that freshly baked apple pie which Winky's carrying out topped with an egg, plus a mug of coffee, please.

Karentia... Yes, indeed, your Owl arrived safe and sound. I know I already said thanks on facebook, but a second thanks here for a day brightener will not be amiss. So... thank you once again! Very Happy

Hecate... My "little" brother Paul is doing super well, and yes, he's still doing cosplay at conventions. He just noted on facebook that he's preparing for another convention and trying to narrow down what he'll be wearing. So far, it's a Farscape outfit on day one, the 11th Doctor on day two (a new outfit for him), and still a toss up between Capt Jack Harkness or the 10th Doctor on day three.

Hog's Head - Page 30 Paul-Cosplay
Paul with Lucy Lawless & Renee O'Connor / David Tennant / Peter Capaldi / Sean Pertwee / Gigi Edgley / John Barrowman / Peter Davison / Billie Piper & Karen Gillan

Here's to a healthy, healing, enchanted in a good way day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:53 am

Always, I'm not at all surprised at bureaucratic snafus,even with computers keeping records. Every December our insurance through the company needs us to submit information on any additional coverage. Any claims entered within the time frame before the update is complete is kicked back and takes several reissues,phone calls, and weeks to resolve. Frustrating,especially since we've never had to include anything new and our policy shows that.

I'm glad you have a good place for him,no matter what the back story. Even with a good relationship and proximity,it's hard watching a personality disappear. Think you're lucky to be spared that.

Not feeling the gym today. Watching Key Largo,instead. Will be in the look out for Walt.

Starting some seeds inside. Want them fat and sassy for the ground and pots and I think I can do better inside. Trying some different geraniums. Past few years I haven't been able to find anything but red geraniums and I need some pinks and whites.

And, Hecate, and samtibbs, I'm going to try sunflowers again...
Too bad my fitness efforts aren't as determined as my desire for sunflowers.

Actually, I have been hitting to pool daily,but my back is really bad ,today, so I'm stretching and heating. The next few weeks are supposed to be very busy,so I'm trying to be ready. It's a lot more comfortable leaving the gym when the temperature isn't in the teens.

Wish there was a place for a program like your fit walks, samtibbs. You go to a mall?
We have shopping strip centers but no mall closer than on the other side of Lexington.

Karentia, I'm still watching for my owl. Don't believe anything's been caught in the few catalogs I've received. Looking forward to seeing what you've picked out.

The photos of all the Spring flowers are so cheerful. Our deer would go crazy for those delicious tulips. Very Happy flower

Have some chores to try. See you all later. Love to all. Nargles begone!
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:35 pm

So much has been happening here I wouldn't know where to begin.

Been feeling a bit down again. Think part of it is taking care of everyone and all the animals. We have my mom's 2 dogs and 2 cats. My mom is getting better but my sister has gotten worse. Good thing she goes to the dermatologist tomorrow. I know my mom listening to the news all the time wasn't helping. She mainly uses it as background noise.

We have to go get a new tire for our car tomorrow too. We kept getting the low tire pressure warning and kept filling up the tire and my BiL noticed there was a gash and replaced the tire with the spare.

My sister was a bit freaked out by the attack in London the other day because my mom and I walked across Westminster Bridge when we were there.

We have a total of 4 dog steps that are made out of foam. 3 of them are for my sister's pug and the other is so my big dog can get up on my bed if he doesn't feel like jumping up onto the bed. He has no problem getting up on the couches. Wink

It's definitely spring down here. Temperatures are about 10 degrees higher then normal but not record breaking.

I like all the spring pictures and those finger sandwiches look yummy.
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:04 am

Not sure why, but I just had 0 energy today.  Napped off and on like Tuesday.  Yesterday I was able to get out for a bit, and Ross gave my limbs a once over he normally doesn't do... Perhaps it was just the release from that work.  I just decided to give in, stay in, laundry can wait till next Tuesday.  

Glad the owls are arriving!  Always, your brother sure gets around!  And enjoys every minute by the looks of it!  Fun pictures!  

I'll be going to a Supernatural Con in a couple of weeks, on a Friday.  It looks like the last one in the Seattle area, which I don't get - so close to where they film in Vancouver, relatively.  I did not buy photo options, but will enjoy the experience.  The following day I am going with a friend to our local giant garage sale at the fairgrounds, see if there is something I can help her refurbish.  Or anything I can't live without.  

Shrivlefig, make sure you get time for yourself in the middle of all this, ok?  Taking care of others can be wearing on anyone.  Remember to 'fill your cup' with stuff you get joy from.  That is one reason I go on vacation - among other things, to refill my soul.  Hugs to you, and give the 4legged kids some scritches from me?

Maxie, hope your back recovers soon, not fun, I remember you being laid up for a while with issues.  Take care, don't push it.  Love that you can start the plants indoors!  I don't get enough light.  I've been able to keep 2 plants alive, but no where near the jungle I used to have.  Are you working with standard Begonias or the ones from South Pacific?  I can't remember where, but love them so much, the orange are so beautiful.  The traditional ones remind me of my grandma, she always had the stinky reddish orange ones in her back planter - she wintered them over in the basement, they were old plants!  Enjoy them, whichever you have!

Hecate another round of beautiful pictures!  Thank you for sharing!  And beautiful tulips!  Will be up to my knees in them soon - the daffys are all blooming now.  Hugs!

MMD I'm so happy to share the pictures!  Wish I had the technology to share here too - anyone is welcome to copy for me, take your pick.  I did not post all, that would be mind numbing and ridiculous.  But I am always delighted to have you all on my shoulder, so to speak!  Hugs!

Hugs to all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:44 am

Good evening all,

Sorry to hear about your further troubles Shrivelfig, hope everything works out well for you.

Got my fingers crossed in hopes that this batch of sunflowers are survivors Maxecat. Maybe looking at these will help until they are sprouted.

Hog's Head - Page 30 Sunflo10

Your brother really gets around Always, I would die to meet Lucy Lawless and Rene O'Conner. My dad and I loved watching Xena.

We have another Birthday girl for tomorrow the 24th........Happy Birthday to you Samtibbs! ! ! ! ! Dobby has made a cake and put out some balloons and decorations..........................

Hog's Head - Page 30 B_room10

Hog's Head - Page 30 Birthd10

Hog's Head - Page 30 Captur16

And I have a card for you along with one of the magical wishing wells that I've collected over the years. Make you special wish for your special day! Happy Birthday dear friend!...................

Hog's Head - Page 30 C-girl12

Hog's Head - Page 30 Drawin11

Blessings for a warm sunny day filled with sweet smells and soft breezes! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:08 am

Happy Birthday Samtibbs!  Have a fabulous year!  I've left a gold box for you, at the bar, and a tray of smaller gold boxes for everyone else!

Back to work, Heigh-Ho!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:25 am

Happy Birthday,samtibbs. I'll add a golden egg to Karentia's box. I promise it won't sound like mermaids singing if you open it.

The sunny yellow bouquet is so pretty. Makes me smile.

Waiting for my ride into work. See you all later.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:50 am

Hog's Head - Page 30 BorderCityCakes

Good morning, and a very Happy Birthday to Samtibbs! Winky has baked up a special cake for you which Professor Flitwick has enhanced with charms for a splendid day.

Dobby, I'll have a slice of the cake along with a mug of coffee, please.

Here are a few more shots of Paul with folks from "Xena", "Farscape", and "Doctor Who". He's been to so many conventions over the years a number of these folks have become pals.

Hog's Head - Page 30 Paul-Cosplay2
Paul (wearing Brutus' actual armor from "Xena") with David Franklin (who played Brutus), Gigi Edgley, Hudson Leick (Callisto), Alex Kingston (River Song), Billie Piper, Renee O'Connor, Michelle Gomez, Peter Capaldi & Jenna Coleman, Virginia Hey, Ben Browder

Here's to a healthy, healing, energy restoring day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:14 pm

Afternoon all

Wonderful uneventful day so far, went to the mall this morning and then came home did the dishes and took a wonderful nap, going out to dinner with the family tonight so all in all a good birthday so far!

Karentia loved this years owl, my son told me to stroke the spine but to still watch my fingers we had a good laugh! Thank you, hope you have a great weekend,hugs dear!

Maxie hope your back gets to feeling better I can understand your love for sunflowers when I let the wild ones grow and the get to be 6-8' tall it is a fun to stand in the middle of them, a veritable cloud of sunshine! Take care dear and have a super weekend, hugs dear!

Hecate what a laugh I had Dobby setting out a few balloons, very festive indeed, thank you for all the wonderful pictures they make my day every time! Hope you have a super weekend, hugs dear!

Always wow your brother is one lucky man, lovely collection of Picts, great care and a super sis to handle the details! Thank you for the fb wishes and great cake you are much appreciated, have a super weekend hugs dear!

Shrivelfig yep having some you time even if it is sitting and reading or whatever away from everyone for as little as 1/2. an hour is vital for your well being, sending positive thoughts and hugs your way dear, hopefully the nargles will move on and you will have a minute or two to yourself, hugs dear!

MMD hope you are having a great day, hugs dear!

Missy hope all is well, think of you often, hugs dear!

Hello to lady,MJS, Weesa, muggleborn and whomever else might drop by, hugs to one and all!

Dobby some of the great treats, a huge mug of tomato soup and a grilled cheese please,Alberforth a mug of mulled cider please perfect thank you both!

It is cold and drizzly outside so great day to sit by the fire and read, perfect day! Hugs to ne and all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:38 pm

What a phenomenal cake!  Edible art but who could cut into it?

Enjoying such a lovely day, very mild, very Spring like.

Hope you're having a wonderful day,samtibbs.

Yesterday was MIL's  birthday. She still recognized Larry and I think me,at least for a few minutes. When we left,she was talking to someone we couldn't see, but was having a good conversation.

Larry is wonderful with her. He's gentle and very patient. She treats him differently than her daughter. Marsha, who does everything for her care and comfort, gets tears and sulk but Larry  gets the smiles.
Not really fair,is it?
Even though Hazel  will not register anything  new, Marsha is completely redoing the bedding and decorations in the room. Saw it  yesterday. Bright and cheerful.  And perfectly coordinated with the lap quilt I made and Hazel can't use anymore.  Doctor says she'll  never be able to sit in her chair for more than a few minutes anymore.  The repaired leg is healing  but the osteoporosis and previous injuries will make sitting upright too painful. So pitiful. ..this was a lady who Never stopped moving and now  we're  entering. the 5th year of forced inactivity. Hate this for her.

Always,  Paul always looks like he's  having a ball on these excursions. Does  he collect memorabilia like you do?

Karentia, maybe you're feeling  the Eclipse shift ? Mentally I'm running like mad but physically, I'm grateful just getting  to the pool. Changes of seasons can bring temporary havoc until the weather  catches up.

I saw a chubby red squirrel this afternoon!  They disappeared for many years and are making a come back.  This little dude better be careful because  as old as she is, Maddie is still fast when motivated and I believe a fat,taunting squirrel would wind her up.

Will keep you informed if he approaches the patio doors again.

Late ball game tonight so I have to sneak in a nap.

Love to  all...especially to shrivelfig, who has so many people looking to her for support. ..and now  doggie visitors. Good luck.

See Birthday Queen is checking in. Hi, samtibbs.  Have fun with you dinner celebration tonight.

And, Karentia,  your owl has arrived. Got caught in a quirky current that sent him to the Bahamas. Least that's the story he's telling. There were cherry stems stuck on his feathers.... I suspect he tippled a few  drinks unsuitable to owls. Hard lessons. ...
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 am

Happy Birthday Samtibbs!! Here is a little something for you to wear over the weekend. I hope you had a wonderful day. Is the weather springing forward yet?

Hog's Head - Page 30 Tiara4

Karentia, my owl arrived a couple of days ago. Thank you soooo much! It is so fun to receive anything personal in the mail and an owl is best of all.

I didn't log in for a couple of days because my computer told me this site was not secure. So I contacted Weesa and she said all is good and the site is very secure. So I am happily back. It has been a long crazy week anyway. Hubby is going to a couple more specialists but it looks like one of the nodules is pre-cancerous. Another problem is the radiologist says it's the right and the pathologist says it's the left. Looks like we will have to do another biopsy to figure it out. No one is cutting without verification. I talked to my daughter who was a lab tech before a PA. She said several people handle the samples before the the pathologist sees them. Sooo here we go.

Hecate thank you for all the spring pictures. They bring me such joy.

*Dobby a warm butter beer and some ginger bread please*

Hog's Head - Page 30 Fire-1

missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:28 am

Good evening all,

So good to hear from you Missy Potter. I hope it all goes well for your hubby. That's troubling when one dr. doesn't agree with another, makes for uncertainty with what you have to face. Sending good thoughts so they get to the bottom of it all, and a little something just for you................

Hog's Head - Page 30 Lilac-10

That dragon cake looks too good to eat and it reminded me of a few things that I had tucked away in a folder. Here are a few pictures just for you Samtibbs.....a little additional birthday gift.......................

Hog's Head - Page 30 Dragon11

Hog's Head - Page 30 Captur16

I know I posted this one before but you said it was one of your favorites..................

Hog's Head - Page 30 Crysta10

Hog's Head - Page 30 Dragon12

And these little guys just wanted to come and say hello..........................

Hog's Head - Page 30 Annima17

Hog's Head - Page 30 Annima18

Hope your dinner evening out turned into an eventful night for all those in attendance. Happy birthday!

Blessings for the beginning of a spectacular weekend! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:13 am

Hog's Head - Page 30 Thatched-cottage-Penberth-WestCornwallPhotos
Thatched cottage in Penberth, Cornwall, UK. Photo by West Cornwall Photos.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have some leftover birthday cake topped with an egg, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Missyp... Hope you can get some decent clarification asap. I

Samtibbs... Glad your birthday was pleasant! scratch Hope I haven't confused you! Your last comment seems to have merged my two brothers! John is the one in the nursing home whose guardian I am, while Paul is hale and hearty and does the cosplaying at conventions. By nature and interest, Paul and I have always been quite alike, and yes, to Maxi, he does indeed collect memorabilia. He's got much more stuff than I do... loads of original items from Xena... helps to have a life with better income and fewer drains on it!

Hog's Head - Page 30 Paul-collections
Three pix from his Xena room (the items are original props and costumes from the show- there's more on the other walls but I don't have photos of everything), Paul in Brutus' armor being interviewed for tv, a batch of Farscape autographed photos to be put up on the walls of his Farscape room, and his Doctor Who wall.

Here's to a healthy, healing, energized day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Site business first. Some of you may get alerts from your browsers like Firefox or Google Chrome stating that this site isn't secure. Do not panic. What that means is that those browsers have begun using the HTTPS protocol that some sites have been using for added security. All browsers will eventually be doing this. Our host is working on implementing this protocol and is assuring all users that the site remains safe. We do have one issue that I am unsure of how to solve. Once they have the HTTPS protocol ready for us to use it has to be activated through the Founder account which is Eagle Skyfire. Now I have tried so many times that I've lost count to contact her in a variety of ways. I've seen where some of you have tried to get her to contact me. No response from her at all and she has not logged into her account for over three years now. Our domain name of projectphoenixfire.org belongs to her as she paid for it through 2021. I mention this because the only to access the Founder account is to have our host go in and transfer it to me as I am the administrator/webmistress. Doing so would lose us the use of the domain name and revert us to using url from our host to access the site. My apologies if this is techy but I don't know how else to explain. Basically we would no longer be able to type projectphoenixfire.org into the address bar and have it come here. We would also have to change our name and remove the phoenix image at the top of the page as she had them copyrighted as well after the old site was hijacked by the webmistress there.
I would appreciate any comments on next steps.

Karentia I love my owl it was a terrific surprise.

Always I hope Willow is feeling better today.

Maxecat I know what you are saying about Larry's mom. Both of my grandmothers were so active and vibrant that it was awful to see illness take that away both in the physical and mental aspect of it.

Missypotter I hope they can get things figured out for your hubby, poor guy. Hugs to you both.

Samtibbs HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Some guests have arrived to help you celebrate.
Hog's Head - Page 30 Dragons_zpshr0mkcmy

Hugs and hellos to all I missed as they pop through.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Weesa... whatever happens would be fine with me. The original plans for the site really haven't manifested, and mostly we all just hang out to chat at the Hogs Head which could possibly become a new site name if you are unable to contact Eagle Skyfire to transfer the existing one. Using a site domain name (to me at least) is not a problem since you really only have to type it the first time and then bookmark it for the next uses. If it's like most I've seen, it would be something like www.hostsite.com/hogshead (or however they'd do it). I trust your judgement.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Weesa, Karentia is in contact with Eagle Skyfire. I know she's very busy with her spirituality programs. When I stopped sending out lots of Yuletide cards we lost touch.

She did mention an interest in attending the HPANA reunion of sorts in Orlando next year. Is any one here considering it? I know Karentia's already in planning mode.

T-6 for inventory day....groan. We're in pretty good shape but the easier you make it for the teams to count every item in the store, the more accurate your count. Bonuses depend on it...though every year the formula for determining bonuses seems to change. Big corporations...

Warm day today! Almost 80 °...wow...March...
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum