Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medication

+6
missypotter
Maxecat
samtibbs123
Always
muggleborn
ladyhawke
10 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Medication - Page 5 Empty Re: Medication

Post  missypotter Wed May 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Thanks MMD. They gave me pain meds and reminded me it takes a while for oral meds to kick in so take them early. It is uncomfortable right now, but not painful. That is the pain bomb I am waiting for. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu May 23, 2013 12:48 am

MissyP, did they do a CT scan or Xray? Did they tell you an approximate size? Anything below 5mm they expect you to pass on your own. I know that bladder cramp well, since one stone was stuck for 3 months in one spot, hitting a nerve. If it is below, drink as much water, or juices with cranberry and or blueberry in them. Eat fresh blueberries, add frozen ones to meals, get as many as you can over the next while until it passes - natural pain reducer for the bladder & uerethra. After 6 I'm an expert. And yes, that pain of one first popping out, not one you ever want again. For the future, switch to drinking bottled water, I don't know if the Britta filters are good enough. Since I switched to bottled, no more stones.

If it is above, and they blast it with sound in a tub of water, make sure you drink. If things don't stay down, get back to the hospital, it is stuck. If you a lucky, it is small, and with plenty of fluids it will pass & you won't even know it. The worst is seriously over. Guys, different story. Anyway, any questions, email or text me.

Sympathize with you.

I'm going to curl up with a good book, some cocoa, and listen to the ghost playing accoustic guitar, lovely.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Thu May 23, 2013 1:44 am

Thanks for the info Karentia. I had just bought a bottle of blueberry juice and I have blueberries in the freezer. They did a CT and it is 4 mm so I should beable to pass it. Last night when I couldn't urinate they said it was at the bladder juncture. Since things are flowing well, I think it is in the bladder now. At least they say when it is over the pain is gone.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Thu May 23, 2013 8:23 am

Oh missy if isn't one thing it's another, hope it travels the rest of the way through without further discomfort, and remember to drink drink drink, fluids are so important right now, I am prone to kidney and bladder infections, and if I forget my fluids boy do I know it,sending hugs and more hugs your way, take care dear, think how healthy you will be when this is all said and done! Hugs dear!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu May 23, 2013 11:09 am

Ok, now to wait it out on getting it out. If you don't have it out in a day or two, it's silly, but jump up & down a bit. Not full on jumping jacks, but bounce up & down. It can literally bounce it where it needs to go! I had an itty bitty sliver like one stay in one place for a few days, hitting a nerve. Jumped up and down, it was out in under 6 hours after that.

Believe me, the worst is over! Take care!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Missypotter hope that it doesn't take long for it to be over. Never having had on I can only imagine the pain. Will keep you in my thoughts. My SIL is prone to kidney infections, etc. and they recommend her to drink cranberry juice (100% not blended).

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Fri May 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Well no sign of the kidney stone. I feel good, better than I have in weeks. I get some unusual twinges from time to time and think here we go, but no.

My daughter thinks I may have passed it in the hospital after they gave me the bladder relaxer and morphine. I did start passing urine just before we left the hospital.

That would be wonderful, but only time will tell. Smile
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Fri May 24, 2013 1:52 pm

missypotter, what an ordeal. I also hope the stone is already out. I've never had one in my life but my mother had one and she told me she had never experienced pain like this before (delivery included). I'm so sorry you have so hard times last weeks and I wish you quick and final recovey.

Just a thought but maybe you had some urine inside longer than is supposed to be and that made toxic reaction in your whole body? Urine is full of waste matter so maybe there's the clue.

Either way I hope everything is solved now and you can enjoy recovery.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri May 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Are they making you strain your urine every time you go? Sometimes you can catch them, sometimes not so much. The one I did catch, was so tiny, was not able to get it in the bottle I guess, they could not find it in there! Looked like a splinter of rock, about half the width of a strawberry seed, and the same length. Keep drinking, and you wlil feel better. If you still have twinges, it's still poking about, so try the jumping up & down thing - silly, but really works - even have a laugh while doing it!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:16 am

Went to primary care doctor on Monday everything good so far, haven't heard any lab results yet. Went to my dermatologist yesterday and as I already knew he was not thrilled that the methotrexate isn't working. So he wants after much discussion of the options, we are going to try the Humira again. He's hoping that since my diabetes is under better control and I'm on good med for it now that the Humira will do it's job without problems. So at least for now I'll be doing the dreadful shot pen thingy at home every two weeks once the prior approval for my insurance gets to the pharmacy. Wish they could find a way to make these things in a pill form, who knows maybe one day. Of course I'd settle for a cure if they could find one.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Well, back to a med that works better than what you have currently be dealing with? Better news, I hope. So happy that the Diabetes is in better control! What a Face  Good for you!

I am just so glad to be off the PPI for the stomach issues. Still have not heard from the doctor's office for my 6 week follow up appointment. Whatever, I am happy with the results, and can go on from here.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:00 am

Hoping to start the Humira tomorrow or Thursday have to get my TB test read first, part of the requirement for taking this kind of med.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Yup, I've heard all the warnings about tb and other infections for the Humira ads! I do hope you are one it works very well for, with no side effects!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Ok TB test clear, took Humira shot this morning. Hate the stupid injector thingy but it will have to do for now.

Karentia I was actually on Humira before but after I had to switch diabetes meds due to the discontinuance of the one I was taking,
I hard a time with the side effects of the combined medicines. Stopped the Humira and then we found a diabetes med that works
for me with no nasty effects and now the dermy wants to re-try Humira to see if it will work without interacting with my other meds.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Well the Humira was a no go after all. The side effects were just to much for my system to handle. No point in taking something that prevents you from functioning. So my dermatologist looked over the spots I have current flares and decided I am doing well enough on the Methotrexate that he would just add a cream called Dovonex to the mix and leave well enough alone. I am to call in for an appointment though if I have any kind of major flare up.

Took my niece to the orthopedist yesterday to see what is wrong with her knees. Turns out that she has patellar tendonitis. It affects a lot of young girls when they have growth spurts, in addition to also being called jumper's knee because athletes get it from jumping, twisting, and straining to get the ball. My niece the tomboy qualifies on both counts. Luckily she will probably grow out of it when she stops growing he says. For now a very mild anti-inflammatory when needed, a set of brace to be worn at school plus when she is going to be playing or walking a lot at home, and some physical therapy which hopefully they will just give her some home exercises at her evaluation appointment so she doesn't have to miss school.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Glad you are off Humira, I just get a bad feeling about it. Good luck with the topical! That list of side effects just made me shudder.

Good luck to the tomboy! Lucky it is just growing pains.

I am going to try a new health regimen, a product line called Isagsnix? It is expensive, but it is supposed to be a total nutritional support - not many regular groceries to buy. He's dropped 70 pounds so far! Wow! I will give it a shot, but at $300 to start
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Karentia had never heard of that stuff before so I looked it up. Found a side effect list on the livestrong.com site. The Isagenix causes naseau, constipation and/or diarrhea and stomach discomfort. Saw a user complain that they suffered from headaches, almost passed out, had cold feet/hands, and developed extreme bad breath. Several places had comments that suggested if you use this program you have to stay on it forever. I would hate to see you buy something that made you sick, maybe ask a doctor or healer what they think of the product first. Hugs.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:47 am

Yup, those are all side effects of losing weight more rapidly, depending on how many toxins are in your system. Stinky breath i've had, it is the fats being released as you exhale. The diarrhea is the body mass and toxins getting out of the system, headaches can be from not drinking reccomended water amounts or having a reaction to an ingredient. I have tried many things, why not one more. I am hoping for the healthier feeding the cells what they need, instead of a burrito. Maybe I can't handle it, but 30 day money back... worth trying. If it works? Fabulous. No weight loss is perfect for everyone. And they stress it is to feed your cells what they really need, versus all the toxins that surround us all.

Going in with eyes open.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:37 am

Will keep fingers crossed  that it works and you don't experience any of the negative stuff with it. :hug:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:35 am

Thanks Weesa. It's going to be a while before I can afford to start it! ;-)
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Seems that the the medication I've been reading about that the FDA approved is not available for use yet. So my dermatologist has me trying Enbrel so that I've got all the steps out of the way whenever it is possible to try something new. He says I'm one of his difficult patients in that I have reactions that aren't common and am one of the few people that some meds he has great success with just won't work for me. Really hate the the thought of having to do more shots especially since the stupid things feel like a horse kicking you but if it helps for a bit I guess it'll do for now. On the up side Enbrel is prescribed for both psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis so it should help my joints and my skin.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Mon May 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Double good! And I did not try that iso diet. One of my bosses is also using it, and I did a kineseology test on it for myself - no way Jose! Saved me time, money, and possible illness.

Now to get back on my healthy walking plan as soon as possible - in between work & the rest of my moving plans!

Good luck Weesa. I know what it's like, I'm a side effect Sally - if it has some unpleasant side effect, I will get it.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 17, 2014 8:32 am

So far so good on the side effects of Enbrel. The only thing I noticed is being a little more tired than usual the day after the dose. It does sting a bit, but doesn't feel nearly as bad as the Humira did. Hopefully I won't have to do it for long and that the results are worth it.

Glad to hear that you skipped that diet, just didn't sound to me like a good fit for you. While you get back to walking I'm hoping to get good enough weather streaks to get back into my pool exercises. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Spoke to soon about the side effects. Took my third dose of the Enbrel and they started with a vengeance. Was so cold that I didn't think I'd ever warm up, curled up under enough covers to be winter ready. Woke up at 3am with my heart racing and pounding so hard thought it could jump out and run around with out me and was so hot that I could passed for having been in an oven. Add the medicine fog and some back pain to that and I was out of it for several days. Seems that I am just not going to be able to take any the biologic meds they use to my conditions. Will just have to stick with the Methotrexate until something new comes along. My dermatologist wants me to wait three weeks and try the Enbrel again (four shots come in a box) to see if perhaps I was fighting an infection. Don't think it will make one bit of difference because I felt great until I started the stuff then I did the slow sink into medicine fog which I will not put up with. I can't walk around or participate in most physical activities that I used to do so there is no way I am going to willing give up the things I can still enjoy like reading and such. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum