Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

+13
rainsom
Larka544
samtibbs123
ladyhawke
dazlious394
Magical Music Dreamer
Karentia
Maxecat
Juicybit
missypotter
Tamsin Yeobright
Potions Mistress
arcadia
17 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Karentia Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 am

If it comes up popular, it might be picked up to play limited release as a short, with some other film. I've seen a couple in the last few years. Can always hope! And yes, will order the dvd anyway when comes available!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Always Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:18 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 BoyInTheBubble_zpsb2b29f2e

The Boy in the Bubble was aired on Irish tv last night, and an AR fan has uploaded it to youtube here. Cute tale, but mainly just nice listening....

ok... I've also replaced the link I first had for another...

Wish the filmmakers would get the dvd out... I wrote about it a year ago and was told it would be "soon"... This is not soon!

Last edited by Always on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:31 pm

Always they removed the video for copyright reasons (before I went to watch). Thanks for thinking of those like me who haven't seen it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 SignatureStorytellingSML_zps4af5ae12

Here's another link from the Polish Fans of AR to a different site

It was live as of a minute ago... Good luck!

Just adding a link to another video out there... great for a smile!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks Always the first link was blocked by my security software but the second was good.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 DustBTSonBed_zpsc19eeacb

Got an Alan fix yesterday when my copy of "Dust" finally arrived. No, it's not any big deal film (about a 10 minute short made by young filmmakers) but just nice to see Alan in something new again... The pic above is the same one I received with my dvd (as one of the minor sponsors of the film... no credits but I got the dvd and photo plus a thank you from the producers).

Weesa... Glad you were finally able to see something! Sorry the Boy in the Bubble links didn't work for you. Will keep my eyes open in case it gets posted elsewhere. Now that it has hit tv (in Ireland) it may get around elsewhere as well.

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:11 am

Oh ho! Did not realize you had helped to finance 'Dust'! Sponsor level, cool reward to get a copy! Wow! How fun is that? Enjoy watching it!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks Always for the links. My husband vetoed me downloading the Polish "Boy in the Bubble" because he is paranoid about viruses. However, I did just watch the Birthday Snape, and thought it was fun.

Enjoy your "Dust" copy. That is cool.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:21 pm

jocolor That Birthday for Severus was hilarious! Don't know who put it together, but very good! Thanks for sharing these links & gems with us - what a hoot!

Download the other... might be able to do so on the laptop, but not sure. When I have time Laughing
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 Birthday2013_zps5be555c6

‎"Do you know that moment when you paint a landscape as a child and, when you’re maybe under seven or something, the sky is just a blue stripe across the top of the paper? And then there’s that somewhat disappointing moment when the teacher tells you that the sky actually comes down in amongst all the branches. And it’s like life changes at that moment and becomes much more complicated and a little bit more boring, as it’s rather tedious to fill in the branches…"

-Alan Rickman

Happy Birthday, Alan Rickman! king
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 HBAlan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN!!!!
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 BirthdayParty_zpsf331861a

There've been a lot of Happy Birthday messages to Alan today, but my favorite is the one from
MTV....
Happy Birthday, Alan Rickman! An Appreciation Of Awesome
On February 21, 67 years ago, a man was born. This man was actor, an actor who could find the perfect way to deliver a line, even if it took twice the normal amount of time to recite it. An actor with a voice that would inspire a legion of imitations and launch thousands of Tumblrs. An icon whose most popular character would take him all the way to the championship of the Harry Potter World Cup.

Yes, today is Alan Rickman's birthday, and we couldn't be happier to celebrate it and all the ways the man behind Severus Snape makes us happy.
(Then there are some clever animations and a video.)
The Montreal Gazette adds: Ooops! Almost forgot Alan Rickman’s birthday! followed by bio bits and quite a few photos.

Added 3/4 Just finished watching "Gambit" online. Can't say it's one of Alan's best, but there are a few chuckles along the way. You can find it here if you're curious and can't wait till whenever/if ever they release it in the US.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:59 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 SeminarN4books_zps0d6f37ee

Today's Hollywood Reporter announces:
Lionsgate U.K. to Finance Alan Rickman's 'A Little Chaos' Starring Kate Winslet

Rickman also stars in the costume comedy alongside Matthias Schoenaerts.

LONDON -- Lionsgate U.K., the British division of the Canadian giant, will finance A Little Chaos, directed and starring Alan Rickman alongside Kate Winslet and Matthias Schoenaerts.

The costume comedy details the story of a pair of landscape gardeners who compete to design a fountain at Versailles for Louis XIV.
Deadline adds:
Deadline reported in February that Alan Rickman is set to direct British indie A Little Chaos starring Kate Winslet and Rust & Bone‘s Matthias Schoenaerts. Lionsgate UK has boarded the film as main financier as part of a drive to double its investment in local film. Rickman will also star in the love story about rival landscape gardeners who are competing to design a fountain at Versailles for Louis XIV. Principal photography starts in April. Rickman previously directed Emma Thompson and her mother Phyllida Law in 1997′s The Winter Guest. He recently signed with ICM Partners and next plays Ronald Reagan in the Lee Daniels-directed The Butler. Winslet is next starring in Jason Reitman’s Labor Day. Belgian actor Schoenaerts, who broke out in 2011′s Bullhead, just won France’s César Award for Best Male Newcomer in Jacques Audiard’s Rust & Bone.
Reel Life with Jane comments:
Who didn’t love the romantic pairing of Marianne Dashwood and Col. Christopher Brandon, played by Kate Winslet and Alan Rickman, respectively, in director Ang Lee’s version of “Sense & Sensibility”?

Well, Rickman and Winslet are reuniting, of sorts. Rickman will direct Winslet in a British indie film called “A Little Chaos.” He will also star in the film, which follows the love story between two rival gardeners (Winslet and Matthias Schoenaerts) in competition to design a fountain for Versailles.

I can’t wait to see Professor Snape in front of the camera again. Here’s a flashback from “Sense & Sensibility”…
Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 Sense-sensibility-winslet-rickman_zpsf1f15b1f
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:55 pm

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE !!! :easter:

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 RickmanEaster
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:15 pm

I found this today and thought it amusing.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 Severuswritings_zps47b34f87
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Creative & well played! Happy Easter indeed!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 EasterProj2013_zps23eb3bd0

Yes, that is a very clever pic and text! I've seen it before but love having it here for another chuckle! Thanks! I love you
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:35 pm

I'm so sorry I didn't get the prompt for this! I was just thinking about this thread and how I hadn't seen any action lately...and here it is!

I'm glad Mr R is so active and stretching himself in different projects.
Here's to creative artists who keep moving forward instead of playing it safe.

Love the Easter greetings and the wise words from the Professor. Edward Cullen is very pretty...but I like Snapes' version of "Always" much better.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 CBGBmovieposter_zps034866f3

There hasn't been a lot on the Alan front of late. This was posted on the CBGB Facebook page as their poster, but after it received a LOT of bashing for its amateurish quality, the folks there have said it was only put together for their fb page. Right.

Alan has been scouting locations for and preparing to film "A Little Chaos". Blenheim Palace has this notice on their webpage:
Please note:

On the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of May the Park and Gardens will be open but the Palace will be closed, due to the filming of ‘A Little Chaos'.

The film is a British comedy directed by and starring Alan Rickman, alongside Kate Winslet and Matthias Schoenaerts. The film follows 2 landscape gardeners who compete to design a new fountain in Versailles for Louis XIV.

Preparations for the filming will begin on the 28th and 29th of April. The Palace will be open to the public on these days. We hope you enjoy seeing the filming activities.

Thank you.
It will be nice when he gets back into the public eye again!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:01 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 ALCbts_zpsb62b299e

Finally a new photo has surfaced! Behind the scenes filming "A Little Chaos". The Mail Online provided the photo and a writeup under the headling "Kate gets back with her Sense and Sensibility husband (... and doesn't she look really thrilled about it!)"
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:35 am

Who says making movies is all about the glamour? Looking forward to this film.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:06 am

I'd say it looks like blocking, rehersal, before cameras are rolling stuff. Why do people jump to conclusions about not liking something? Sometimes when I'm concentrating I'm sure I look angry, but just really focused. Yup, looking for more as spring progresses! Thanks for posting!

Wanted to let you both know, a friend has started a new fan page on fb, for Dan Radcliff - similar to what you do here, Always, for AR. I've 'Liked' it, so take a look if you get something popping up from my page, see if you are interested. No posts by Dan. Was fun to see the clip from the Tony's where Dan did a number from How To Succeed In Business!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 CBGBhilly_kristal_Poster_zps29b6355e

CBGB has finally released an Alan poster (they've been doing a lot with the other "music" folks)... 'bout time! The Hollywood Reporter offers a write up about it...

ADDED 5/7.... "The Butler" trailer is here.... a brief look at Alan towards the end...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:50 am

Hi. Quiet around here. I found this neat picture of Snape:

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 FanPopHPandtheMatrix_zpsff9927ab

It was on FanPop. I am not sure of the author because one guy was posting many pictures.

It is called The Matrix and Snape. I think it is quite deep.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:14 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 23 GambitCarlowLumiereShoot_zps14a63394
Photo by Carlows Lumiere.

Nice pic, MMD. Clever bit of photoshopping! I like the mood. Thanks for posting it.

The whole Alan front has been quite lately. For my Alan fix, I've mainly been hanging out at Page 394 (a totally AR site) but it's been a real Alan drought even over there. I've found nothing new to post in ages. In the "olden days" we'd all be having an adventure in Alanland, I'm sure!

The filming on "A Little Chaos" is done with, so Alan most likely is out of sight working on post-production for the film. The work doesn't stop for the director when the cameras stop rolling. "CBGB" and "The Butler" are due out later so maybe there will be spottings at premieres or publicity shoots... time will tell...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum