Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit Guides & Power Animals

+5
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Lady
samtibbs123
Magical Music Dreamer
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spirit Guides & Power Animals - Page 2 Empty Re: Spirit Guides & Power Animals

Post  EAGLESKYFIRE Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:10 am

Hello, everyone!'Very Happy' It's been to long since I've been able to sit & chat with all of you. I just wanted to share what is taught in my tradition about Owl Medicine. Owls have been maligned much like wolves, bats, & snakes.
Owl speak of the endings of things, the opportunity for transformation. Their night vision is amazingly keen. Imagine if we were in a cavern as big as an American football field with you holding a single match at one end, & the owl is on the other extreme end. The owl would be able to "hit" the target every time!
As such from a shaman's standpoint the Owl helps you to see into the darkness & through illusion...whether it be that of a soul (your own or another's) or of a situation. There is no place to hide from Owl vision day or night.
Owl is a fierce protector & known as the "eagle of the night". Its' ability to guide through Darkness protects souls in their Journey through dangerous territory. In my tribe we ask them to help us fend off evil. This spirit animal will also tell you "like it is" with no sugar coating & is typically sent as a "heads up" messenger when a profound change is on the horizon. Unfortunately since this spirit animal is one who is sent to help with areas a person may not want to face it has gotten a bad wrap. The messenger is "shot" for the message it delivers.
EAGLESKYFIRE
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Admin

http://www.eagleskyfire.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Thanks EagleSkyFire, that is interesting information about the Owl.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:33 am

I've always been fascinated by them - thank you for the information!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm always trying to find or hear them in the wooded area next to our property. I love them and could never understand why my mother was so terrified of them.

hmmm I've always loved wolves and been fascinated by bats..wonder what that says about me. Smile

thanks for stopping by,Eagle Skyfire. Love your contributions.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:30 am

I've never heard of people being afraid of owls. They certainly don't seem scary to me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:45 am

According to my mother's fear,owls are harbingers of death or bad luck.

I suppose if someone is afraid of change or challenge, the power of an owl would be difficult to deal with.

Look,my grandmother used to run around the house during thunderstorms blessing it with the ashes of burned palms leaves,left over from Palm Sunday.She was the most frightened lady I ever knew.Think some of that may have rubbed off on Mom.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:09 pm

The Owl has mixed myths. Some people think that they are a symbol of wisdom. My sister in law said she thought that they were associated with witches...so implied negative.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:35 pm

old wives tale from the South is the Screech Owl is the harbinger of death.

I've always loved owls, from Winnie the Pooh on out. Hedwig will always be my all time favorite now. The snowy owls are so beautiful. We have barn owls & screech, as well as great horned owls. They are amazing.

I do find it interesting that we think of them as wise, but from the behind the scenes pieces, that they are really just dumb birds. At least they are not as stupid as quail. Not sure which has fewer brains, quail or chickens.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 am

Didn't know that they aren't really wise until my nephew started watching animal planet. I have thought them wise since Winnie the Pooh as a child and agree that Hedwig is my favorite. Also watched a movie (can't think of the name) about little owls that live in the ground they were to cute to be scary.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 am

I always thought the "wise old owl" connection came about because they stay out of the light,keep still and quietly go about their business without making a fuss.

Other than certain parrots, aren't most birds supposed to be,well for lack of a better description,birdbrained?

oh and aren't owls the birds associated with Minerva,goddess of wisdom?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Suspect Now what was I going to ask? Rolling Eyes

With the weird situation I have myself in, I am not sure actually where to start, and my animals are acting very protectively, snuggling as I said during meditation, just being very present right now. The tiger family is all around me, any time I am home.

I am not afraid of this 'renter', he is such a little girl about things. He acted much more manly on the phone than in person. I mean really, a 6' man, 400+ pounds, being more worried about someone catching him wearing reading glasses? In a county he's never been to before? He was acting so weird about it. And his reaction to the snake, I could help him past it, if I liked him, but we are so past that. Just want him out. I mean, that is why I bought the snake to begin with, to help convince him this is not the place for him.

I just know that this is all a new path for me - my chosen path was altered by my original mid-life partner being killed many years ago in an accident. I am dealing with the grief at this time, and have more moved past grief into acceptance. But I can still get waylaid by the right song sent by him over the radio. I feel like I am making up my life as I go now, rather than what may have been charted. I am really feeling a need to create, a lot. And part of that is a need for the space to create - which would be the room that the renter is in. I have access to a couple of venues to sell my creations, in different mediums. I think that part of my path is correct. but how to accomplish it? Not sure.

As for my current psychic state, I am finding a lot more control over who I am around - except my blind side to Leon, the renter, who is wayyyy to much like my ex-husband. Didn't see this coming, obviously. I am standing up for myself in a way I never have before. I am proud of how I am staying strong, and attempting to not squash him flat - but that is what I really want to do.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  EAGLESKYFIRE Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:47 am

Hello, Karentia. Your animals on this side & next an tell that you're in a vulnerable state. They are trying to give you encouragement & to nurture you. That's the beautiful thing about animals they cut right to the chase.
I'm not surprised that your renter is like your ex. It is a common pattern. Your standing up for yourself, etc. is proof that you've learned your karmic lessons & don't need to be attracting more individuals like him.
Your original partner is also trying to comfort you by letting you know he is o.k.. He is also trying to tell you that it's o.k. to move forward with your life & that he will be watching over you. Love never dies.
See if any other animals besides the snake is showing up. The serpent talks of shedding your old skin. Just like them you may feel "blind" in the beginning as to where you're going. Follow your Heart coupled with your common sense. Just like the serpent, after you're through this phase your "markings" will be stronger & healing will have taken place. The serpent teaches us to listen & to take time heal yourself. It teaches us to Know by Feeling not only with emotions but with your Heart.
I hope this helps. Let me know if other animals show up.
EAGLESKYFIRE
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:32 am

Thank you Eagle! I take your advice to heart every time. And this is just more balm for my soul - appreciate the hug within the words.

You betcha I will let you know who & what shows up next. And my little voice in my head will be my main advisor & guide - it was shouting at me originally about meeting him in person first. And was the first to give me a smug hug & say 'let's fix this'.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:34 pm

I had a perfect day to open my mind and welcome any spirit animals who sought me.No matter what scenery I developed in order to place myself within a natural setting Wolf came loping up,tongue hanging out wanting to nudge me.Whenever I tried before,even for short periods,it's always been Wolf.
I kept being drawn to the ocean as well,Wolf and I walking along the sand..and Dolphin came,dancing on his tail.Since I'm happiest when in the water,it seemed a comfortable fit.

Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:38 pm

I'd say that is pretty obvious then! Wolf really likes you! Dolphins are a wonderful, playful friend to have as well.

Eagle or the book of 'Animals Speak' will give you further insight as to what they have to offer & protect you from.

Have fun exploring with both!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Wood Locke Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:20 pm

I have a question about animals showing up in our lives. Lately I have seen animals I have never seen before. Just last week I saw a few eagles nests and an eagle and a young bear ran across the road in front of our car while we were in delaware state forest. (never saw that in all the times we drove through there before) Just this morning I was driving to work just outside Exton and I almost hit a peacock on the road. The bird was ok. It just surprised me that one would be roaming around like that.

Has anyone else seen animals that are unusual for this area too? Do you think they have a message?

Lady Wood Locke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:35 pm

I've seen some birds about that are different but nothing really odd. The deer are more daring than ever and hardly run off if we come outside. I'll be on the lookout.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:03 pm

At my yard sale yesterday I had a bluejay hunting around the front of the house - was not bothered a bit by us standing there, 20 feet away, just watching him hop about my porch & flowers. I love the blue jays.

Animals are almost a touch more tame around the right people. Others, they will still tear your face off. Never get complacent around any wild animal because you never know when a scent will trigger their fight or flight reaction!

Awesome to keep seeing them pop up in interesting places - those are usually ones trying to pass along a message to you.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Laughing Karentia, I love looking at jays, but I swear,you're the first one who's ever said she likes the little beasties...they are vicious toward the other birds in our area..and my Calvin loves to catch them...found a decapitated black bird on the patio yesterday,sigh.

I was checking the various fruit and pine trees out back just now and found several nests...no inhabitants..think all the babies are out flying on their own.Did find half a robin's egg shell. Smile

Peaceful day out there today...in about an hour the frogs will start singing..

Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Love listening to the froggie love songs! Means spring has sprung for sure around here.

I don't know why I like them, just do. The stellars are my favorites, we don't get so many standard blues. Face it, any bird is wonderful to me, but the Herons that would wake me up at night, and the kingfishers when they would poop on my boat. Or the ones that hit my car every other day now. In flight? Amazing! Love watching the hawks, and finding goldfinches in the summer!

Eagles are wonderful sentinals - always feel their visits are someone watching over me.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Not too far from here is the Daniel Boone National Preserve...there are eagles and eaglettes there as part of a rescue effort. Lots of places have eagle as part of their identity. Smile
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:47 am

We have many eagles all over the state, and they all seem to concentrate here in February for the salmon run! Up the Skagit River. You will see eagles on every power pole, in trees, in fields, fences, every where! Have a very healthy population here. Plus that is out mascot! Part of our logo too! Have always loved watching them. There is a family who love to soar & float the air waves rising over the hill behind the office - on a good day you will have minimum of 5 flying overhead.

Orcas & tigers are showing up a lot for me too lately. But I've known them well through the last 10+ years - been very watchfull & protective.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  ladyhawke Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:47 pm

I had a peacock encounter in Norristown, of all places, on Chain Street, down near the zoo. The zoo does not have any peacocks. There are peacocks on the property of a drug rehab, though, Valley Forge Medical Center. They aren't contained in any way and could certainly have wandered the three miles down to the zoo, just to check out the neighborhood and stretch their legs.
ladyhawke
ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Spirit Guides & Power Animals - Page 2 Empty Counter Balancing Power Animals

Post  EAGLESKYFIRE Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 pm

An interesting teaching was given to me many, many turns ago by one of the Spirit Keepers. It is a traditional teaching that is very useful. In the Native American mind animals have their strengths & weaknesses just as humans do. A personal Power animal reflects the spirit of the person attached to it. A "counter-Balancing" Power animal helps to act as a teacher & aspect of a person that helps to compliment & balance some of the more dominant traits of the personal Power animal.
For example the Eagle, my namesake, can sometimes be too proper, workaholic, overly structured, & deeply serious. My counter-Balancing Power animal is the macaw. They a can be very casual, like to play, & takes life as it comes.
The extremes of either Power animal is not good. Understanding how the strengths & weaknesses of how both compliment each other helps for the person to gain a deeper understanding of her/himself.
It is a good idea to take a Journey to learn the spirit animal that is the counterpart of your own spirit.
EAGLESKYFIRE
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2