Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Group(s)

4 posters

Go down

Favorite Group(s) Empty Favorite Group(s)

Post  Admin Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:42 am

Thought it would be nice to have a place for everyone to discuss who there favorite group/band is. Personally my absolute favorite is Bon Jovi. Has been since they came out and probably always will be. I do enjoy listening to a variety of music though. To name a few: Journey, Bad Company, Reo Speedwagon, Alabama, Heart, Lynyrd Skynryd, Boston, The Beatles, Poison, Train, Matchbox Twenty, Brooks & Dunn, The Kendalls. Obviously there are more but really I haven't the time to list them all.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Favorite Group(s) Empty Re: Favorite Group(s)

Post  ladyhawke Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 pm

I like Peter Gabriel, Laurie Anderson, REO Speedwagon, Yes, Moody Blues, Enya, lots of classical, but particularly Bach, Poison, Dokken, Ratt, Van Halen (but only with David Lee Roth), Twisted Sister, Def Leppard, The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Thomas Dolby, Falco, .

I discovered Rammstein a couple years ago and they've been in my car CD player ever since. I like angry German music.

I also like a couple of Philadelphia bands, like The Hooters (who made it) and Beru Revue (who didn't, but were awesome), and The Flamin' Caucasians (a cover band).

ladyhawke
ladyhawke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 am

I also enjoy Def Leppard, Rick Allen, the drummer is amazing. Van Halen just isn't the same without David Lee Roth, I never cared for Sammy Hagar. I don't listen to much of the newer (meaning 2000+ to me) music although occasionally I will find someone worth listening to. I like 3 Doors Down, Coldplay, Kelly Clarkson, and Sugarland to name a few. As for classical music I can listen for a little while but it tends to put me to sleep, I think it's because there isn't any singing. I do like the original soundtrack from Phantom Of The Opera (Andrew Lloyd Weber, not the movie).

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EAGLESKYFIRE Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:23 am

Wow! The there are so many groups that I like to listen to! So many music styles that I love. It is much easier to say what I do not like vs. what I do like. One group I really enjoy is our Owl City. I'm hoping we can see them this Saturday with my daughter in Allentown. I find his music fun and above and uplifting. Believe it or not I like some songs that Lady Gaga sings. Although she is "out there" I think she has a wonderful range that changes with different songs and moods.
Since I'm into fitness I like songs that are upbeat and keep me moving. This is why I also like some techno songs and world fusion music.
EAGLESKYFIRE
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Admin

http://www.eagleskyfire.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Most of my favorites date from the late 60's to early 70's - Rolling Stones, Doors, Moody Blues, Yes, Buffalo Springfield, Allman brothers, CSN&Y, NRPS, Pure Prairie League. As well as the great soul groups like Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, the Temptations, Isley Brothers.

There are some interesting new groups and singers around, like John Legend, Mayer Hawthorne, Raphael Saadiq, and Kings of Leon.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am

I listen to oldies with Mom so Smoky Robinson etc. are names I recognize if some are not so much on to listen to list. Same goes with today's country some of it's ok but most of it is just a little to pop for my taste. I really do believe the title of that old one hit wonder "Video Killed The Radio Star", or atleast severly wounded them.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum