Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open for business

+2
Maxecat
EAGLESKYFIRE
6 posters

Go down

Open for business Empty Open for business

Post  Karentia Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi -

I'm a believer in many things. We just wanted to make sure that everyone has a space to have their piece of mind listened to & let others understand where you are coming from.

Feel free to chat in here about what you don't believe in, why, or just that you don't like coffee. It's an open forum. It is still a family place though - so no naughty bits allowed.

Period!

On that note, nice to meet you - come on by to chat anytime!

Karentia
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Open for business Empty Re: Open for business

Post  Maxecat Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Oh ha ha,is that a dig at my anti coffee stance? Actually I had a cup yesterday and it didn't kill me.Didn't make me speak in tongues or act goofier than usual. Still didn't care for it much.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept of not believing in anything..

I sure don't believe men (the gender not the species) have a more direct link to the Divine than women. Not crazy about organized religion in general but certainly women can be every bit as spiritually in tune as men.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  EAGLESKYFIRE Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:48 am

I have friends who are hardcore atheists. We joke with each other. When it comes to God & spirits they say Wink that I'm delusional, & banter back they're deprived. However we have essentially the same thoughts about what makes a good human being in addition to being kind to our planet. I find that if we don't get hung up on our differences what we have in common surfaces very quickly.
EAGLESKYFIRE
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Admin

http://www.eagleskyfire.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:08 am

Maybe it's easier to believe in abstract concepts of honor and decency rather than rules set up by organized religions where there always seem to be loop holes and inconsistencies.

I'm less bothered by nonbelievers than those who force their particular beliefs on others.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Yes Maxie, I am that way as well. I get very frustrated expecially with my brother, who is such a deep 'believer' that he feels I am going straight to hell because I don't believe the same way he does!

Last time I checked in, I heard that God likes variety - or why would he have made so many different peoples & religions? Don't you get tired of hearing the same song, day after day, hour after hour? Wouldn't you want to hear different songs, stories & such? Well, just my opinion anyway.

And no Maxie, that is not a dig at your lack of coffee desire! I still don't consume it, and don't plan on changing that. Was just before I tried starting the coffee clatch, and it was floating in my head. And since I don't drink it - was the only thing I could come up with at the moment that I don't harken to.

Oh well, got to give people a forum! Go figure!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Another non-believer checks in.

Been a long week, my mother passed away last Wednesday. I was raised Catholic but walked away from that over 40 years ago. I consider 'faith' not to be a virtue, but that's another discussion. I spent Saturday going through the full church liturgy, in the same church I was raised in. Last time I was there was 17 years ago when my father passed away. The ceremony was nice, but long. The priest spoke well, right up until he got into the whole faith thing, and then I was looking for the fast forward button.

Anyway, I know that a lot of people found comfort in it all, and I respect that, but at some point I will sit in a quiet place and just think back about my whole life/relationship with my Mom. I'm tired of hearing the well-meaning say, 'well, she's in a better place.' There's a little part of me that wants to scream at them. But that would dishonor her memory and her beliefs. So I just bite my tongue and nod.

I was lucky to have two good parents for the time I had with them. Isn't that enough?
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:35 am

Morning all

Greatheart I sympathize with your loss, but understand completely, when my dad passed away years ago we had his funeral and my brother who for some reason has decided to become very religious in his elder years (never was in his youth) brought in a minister to do the service, the man had never met my dad nor had any idea what his life had been like went on and on about how he was in "the better place" my mom whose dementia was beginning to surface kept saying things like "that's a crock" and "how would you know?" but the service ended abruptly when she stood up and said "I can't take this anymore get me out of here!" When she died 4 years later we had a simple grave side service with just a few friends and family, each saying something we remembered ma for and then because she had spent the last few years getting madder and madder at my dad for dying first the final comment was from my 14 year old son whose comment was "Look out grandpa here she comes and she's pissed!" Keep your memories alive, they are the stuff we build dreams on and they are what gives the next generation something to understand as well!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:21 am

Sorry for your loss Greatheart. I still have both of my parents thankfully, but I have lost three grandparents. I found that the church in Kentucky where Grandpa's service was held was so much different than what I had seen before. It was refreshing to walk into a building that was simply done without all the over the top décor. The focus was him, his life, and our family. When Papaw and Granny passed we had simple services where a minister presided but each one was respectful and didn't go overboard with "preaching". I hope you get that place to sit quietly and reflect on things and grieve in your own way. Hugs. :hug: 

Samtibbs your sons comment sounds like something that would have been said at Granny's service, I do have a rather colorful family at times.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum