Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archangel Uriel/Oriel

5 posters

Go down

Archangel Uriel/Oriel Empty Archangel Uriel/Oriel

Post  Maxecat Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Archangel Uriel/Oriel was one of the angels demoted or eliminated by the Christian Church. The zealous reverence demonstrated by the faithful toward the different archangels made Church leaders uneasy and 7 were demoted to lesser status.

Still, Uriel's name means "light of God"or "fire of God" and he is considered one of the wisest of the angels. Because of his intellectual information,practical solutions and creative insights he is sought after, but often he is so subtle that it's only when the brilliant idea pops into one's head that his presence is made known.Sudden flashes of inspiration can be a nudge from Uriel.

Uriel's area of expertise is divine magic,problem solving,spiritual understanding,changes in the earth. He is associated with earthquakes,hurricanes,floods,tornados,fires and other natural disasters.

Call on Uriel for protection against these forces or for comfort in the aftermath.

He is considered the angel of transformation and is linked to the arts,magic,ideas,astrology and protection. He is adept at turning our negative emotions of fear,anger and despair into positive feelings that make us stronger and better equipped to bring about positive changes in our situations.

He turns adversity into blessings.

When you need postive changes,spiritual guidance,and turning lemons into lemonade..seek Uriel.

He's linked with electricity. Sudden malfunctioning of appliances,lights flickering etc,could be announcing Uriel's presence.

There are conflicting ideas about what elements are associated with Uriel so I'm including everything I found.One writer claimed after meditating, she received the advice to include everything and let the seeker decide what felt right.

Ruled by Mars possible Uranus

Day: Tuesday,Wednesday,most likely Saturday

Element: Earth

Season: winter or summer

Scents: sandalwood,cedarwood,gnger,basil

Flower: gentian,red hot poker

Colour: red

Crystal: Hematite,Obsidian,Tiger's Eye,Rutilated Quartz
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Archangel Uriel/Oriel Empty Re: Archangel Uriel/Oriel

Post  samtibbs123 Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Wow Maxie obviously Uriel has been busy lately, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, yep he has been real busy! Gotta love a religion that demotes angels, never have been too certain whether or not that really took place!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Oh,I know!!!! My sister in law wants me to rejoin the Church and can't understand how frustrated I am with the entire Church history.

I know in all the years I studied religion in school we never got much into angels other than Michael,Gabriel and Lucifer..and we had to sit a little to the left in our school seats to push any evil demons away from us and leave extra room for our guardian angel.

And at high school dances...we had to keep a 12 inch or more distance between our partner to leave room for the Holy Spirit. Sister Whoever didn't appreciate me reminding her the Holy Spirit didn't require much room. Obviously I've a space reserved for me in hell for that comment alone.

Since I'm just starting to look into angels and archangels I've a totally open mind. In fact, somewhere I read that archangels aren't even the highest angelic entities at all..seraphim are..so,I expect a lot of contradictions.

Still,I like having a "name" to say when calling for help. Asking the Universe just isn't the same as sending an SOS out to a spiritual being with flaming swords or a sense of humor.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:18 pm

I'm sure that can't possibly such a major offense to require so harsh a judgement. Honestly I have been to several types of churches and have to confess that I understand none of them. I just don't see what those who attend do. I didn't know that there were angels for such things, only thing I've ever seen of such things were in movies, not a good representation I'm sure. Is there an angel for those who are completely clueless as to what to believe?
I would say the Uriel described has been very busy indeed, he needs a break perhaps a long vacation.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:09 am

I agree I'm confused as to what many see in organized religion.
However,in a good setting, there can be a wonderful sense of community and that can be very comforting in times of stress. Also,any one who's ever been involved in an active group,such as a book club,a community service project,a prayer group, can understand the sense of power that can be raised when like minded people combine their energies. When done in the spirit of honoring a greater Power,that can be awe inspiring and life changing.
As for angels and entities of energy, I'm comfortable in seeking their input. I feel life is so out of control at the moment I can't see what I'm supposed to be doing,manifesting or praying for,so it's easier for me to send out a general S.O.S and hope the inspirations are sent back.So what if the answers come from within ourselves...who's to say how we are inspired. All energy is potential..why shouldn't I try to tap into whatever is available? It's easier to concentrate on something that's been named,so if Michael and Gabriel,etc are names given to legendary spirits who've helped humans,that's fine with me.
I wasn't aware that so many attributes have been assigned to these archangels..not sure when all this took place,nor if it necessary.
I do think unless someone is great at true meditation,it's easier to concentrate when given tools like colours,scents or characteristics we can identify with. So,if I want to make sure justice is being done in a situation,it'll be easier for me to gather my energy if I can use sights and smells,colours and concepts to organize my prayer to Michael the Archangel.This is what works for me.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Maxecat wrote:.This is what works for me.
That's a good way to approach it. The only problem is finding what works for you. I do agree that like minded people with a positive focus can create great change.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:35 pm

As for asking assistance from spiritual entities,I figure even the process of sounding out your needs or desires can help make decisions clearer whether 'anyone' is listening.Like having a non judgmental sounding board.
I happen to believe all prayers are answered but we're not always open to those answers because we've blinded by fear or pre-conceived notions of what we want/need.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Maxie -
One thing I noticed, I could not find Virgo associated with any of those angels - did I skip over too fast or are we missing someone? Does this mean I should work with Uriel more since he seems to be at loose ends from the zodiacal influence or connection?

I really appreciate all the information! I do like studying of any kind, now that I can pick & choose what to study. Nice work of collection of all the information so far - look forward to any new, such as the rest of the 7?

I will start sending a little more direct information in my meditation - might have to print out your list!

Thank you!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:07 pm

I copied what I could find and noticed some things were not mentioned. And at the different sources, there were some inconsistencies which I tried to smooth out with a consensus of all the notes if possible.

I'm becoming really fond of Uriel..seems like a go to entity when you're feeling out of sorts and out of control. I assume that if one feels a definite connection with one particular angel then that's the one to seek for help no matter what writers present on their compatilbilties.

I mean,really,a human is going to dictate what is associated with a non physical being? Really?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:19 pm

That's what i need an angel that helps me through the stupid times of my life, in fact right now I could use him at work just to help us balance out the stupidity that is going on there. It certainly a lemon / needing lemonade situation there!

Yeh you gotta love a religion that feels they have the power to promote/demote angels, people etc. Wouldn't you love the ability to decide someone you knew was a saint or a demon and have the whole world believe you? I can remember too many times going to confession with my friend that I felt as though it was all for the show, not much when she was confessing the same (sins) every other week or so, after all what sorts of sins does a 6 or7 year old really have!

When I named my boys I made sure they had Guardian names Michael(defender of God) and David (beloved of God), whether or not it ever effects their lives or not I don't know, but it felt right and good at the time!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Ha ha,you just described my sinning life! My friends and I used to discuss our sins on our way to confession only to discover we all talked back to our parents,fought with our siblings and had messy rooms. Not terribly exciting sins.

It certainly would be more beneficial,even for young people to sit with a priest (a good priest,that is) and talk about what is the right thing to do and what may seem natural (i.e conflict within the family) could be handled differently. Much better than having a shopping list of stupid stuff.

somehow I doubt many people really confess murder, theft and all that conveting,though once when I was nine I said I commited adultery when I obviously had no idea what I was talking about. Can't remember the priest's name but I'm sure I made his day.

Guess the Church is like Science,grabbing the power to promote and demote.

I still think Pluto is a planet and if I want to seek the help from a demoted saint I don't care. It's about intending to reach out to a higher being for help,do they even have appointed names?

Eggs are the perfect food,then terrible for you.St Christopher will help you in traveling,then he never existed..who cares.

Give St Christopher a fried egg and have a safe trip.

I'm sure St Lawrence really didn't suggest, as he was being grilled alive, that he was done on one side and they could turn him over but he's the only saint I can think of who seemed to have a sense of humor.

I don't mind finding inspiration anywhere I can,even old stories.

There's something really cool about believing when you need help, there's a fiery sword available on your behalf.

When it comes to the lemons into lemonade..especially with really sour lemons..gotta to to St Jude.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  EAGLESKYFIRE Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:13 am

I'll never forget the first time an angel spoke to me personally. I've worked with angels on & off throughout the years on behalf of other people. One year I went to Columcille with one of my closest friends for her birthday. I've always had a fascination with labyrinths & I love to walk them to meditate. Columcille has a small but very powerful labyrinth dedicated to prayer. I bowed & gave thanks before I entered it. The day was beautiful, warm sun, gentle breeze blowing through the trees of new leaf green. I made sure I had my gift to leave when I at last would reach the center stone where on e can sit & just Be. With every step I prayed, thought , & felt the Beauty of Life all around me. Some of my burning desires are to be a stronger Light upon Earth Mother, to inspire others to good works, & fellowship with All of our Relations. About halfway through a radiance was so strong I thought the sun had somehow gotten stronger. I squinted & looked up. An angel was smiling at me. Her Beauty...beyond words. I nervously returned the smile, & tried to continue my walk to the center of the labyrinth. After a few steps I looked up once more. The angel was still there & seemed quite amused by me.
I coughed nervously got my thought s & courage together & said, "Ah.....you know I'm not Christian, right? I mean...you know I'm a Native girl?". The laughter of the angel was soothing, & lightened my soul, but it was the angel's answer that floored me.
She responded, "Yes, I do know. Be at ease. We angels have been here long before religion. It is because of this that we choose to help all who would serve the One regardless of the Path they Walk.". I guess the look on my face must have been funny because she laughed once more.
Since that day so many years ago angels have chosen to work with me. I'm glad they are there. They do not withhold their love & care because of religion or lack thereof...nor should we...
EAGLESKYFIRE
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Admin

http://www.eagleskyfire.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:44 am

Eagle Skyfire,there's never been a post of yours that didn't give me pause. This one brought tears.

Thank you so much for sharing.I'm not familiar with Columcille. could you elaborate. It sounds like a remarkable place.

I walked the labyrinth outside Grace Cathedral in San Francsico. I had no revelations but was reluctant to leave it.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Archangel Uriel/Oriel Empty Columille Info.

Post  EAGLESKYFIRE Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:44 am

I'm glad that my experience touched you too. It is that experience that has given even greater compassion for all beings. When angels "talk" to you they use telepathy and energy that fills your heart and you're emotions. Words seem so pale in comparison to the way that they share their thoughts and feelings. I assure you, Maxecat, and angels are watching over us. Don't stop reaching out to them if you feel they are calling you.
Here is the link to the place I mentioned above. Do you have a place where focuses on spiritual prayer and up growth around you? Do you think your fascination with labyrinths comes from a past life? I know mine does. http://www.columcille.org/
EAGLESKYFIRE
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Admin

http://www.eagleskyfire.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:00 am

I did look up the site. They provided travel information from the New York area from not from the south. I don't think it unreachable from central Kentucky.

I understand there's a Wiccan group hiding in the area but obviously they don't make it easy to look up. There's not a lot of tolerance for thinking beyond the maintstream.

There are beautiful places around here that surely are blessed but I've never had the time to look.

I've always been drawn to water and mountain forests. Think it must be the old Celt in me.

A psychic told me I had once lived as a Native American (she was so wrong on so many other things I'm not sure about it..Native studies was important to me when I was young and I married a man of Cherokee heritage,so maybe the old spark is still there)
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:37 pm

Going back over some of the information I've posted I've decided I need to make an angel book and jot down not just these references but impressions and gratitude affirmations. Guardian angels were really big presences when I was young but I hadn't really considered angels much over the years.I believe there've been occasions where I was protected and guided so maybe by playing with ideas on paper and with decorations I can open myself up and become more aware.
Is there anyone who doesn't need an extra power working on his/her behalf?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Eagle - that is amazing! Thank you for sharing with us!

My experience with angels so far is rather ethereal. I have my 'workroom' in my head where I welcome other people into a healing space. I invited my friend going through chemo & radiation into my space, and she accepted. The next time I was working in there, I invited her in, she arrived with angels surrounding her. It was awe inspiring to be sure! She was so amazed when I told her later... I do feel honored.

Maxie, I find having some higher power on our side to chat with very helpful - angels or other religious figures. My daughter has latched onto Ganesha lately, to help her clear her path to her job & etc. Seems to be working, she started just before we found out the issue with the phone number, and now she has word she will be going to SF, CA in December or January! Cool! Plus being back at the barn!
Hugs to all
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down