Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 14 of 35 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 14 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  samtibbs123 Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:40 pm

MMD here's hoping 2017 grants all of our wishes, hugs dear

muggleborn happy new year to you as well

Karen Tia sleep well dear

counting down minute by minute
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:59 pm

Thoughts and feelings to erase and burn away. I like that. Here goes:

Anger replaced with empathy and forgiveness
Seeing the dark in people replaced with seeing the light in people
Seeing the divine spark in all of us, even the ones who aren't easy to like
Moving on from past hurts
Opening myself to abundance, light, love and peace instead of dwelling on the negative things that have happened
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:08 pm

Hog's Head - Page 14 Firep210
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:48 am

well 2016 has finally ended, here's to a new year full of change and new wonderful experiences...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:58 am

Good evening to all,

That is a very good idea of burning off what has been hindering us in the past and planning on positive new things to change for the better in the up coming year.

Hog's Head - Page 14 Fire_c10

One of the things that I have been doing for quite some time now is to send out energy of peace and centering for everyone to absorb into themselves for as far as my etheric energies will expand, especially in the late hours of the night when all of these near by are sleep. I do this in hopes that people will use it to eliminate anger and prejudice from within and find that calm place that is needed to become a better person.  I'm planning on expanding my efforts in doing this, I know it can be done, it's just a matter of finding the right harmonious chord to send it out into the universe.

I treated myself today and made a large mug of hot chocolate with marshmellows in it. Laurene had bought me a bag of them a while back and I have some every now and then, but I figures why not use them the way they should be used.......It was delicious!  I've been watching the three 'That's Entertainment' movies that have been TCM all evening.  Great music from great movies.  At midnight I heard the usual fireworks going off but this year I also heard some people blowing horns too, not car horns but bugle type horns.

I have a few more old postcards of ladies celebrating New Years......................

Hog's Head - Page 14 Woman_36

Hog's Head - Page 14 Woman_37

Hog's Head - Page 14 Woman_38

Hog's Head - Page 14 Woman_39

Hog's Head - Page 14 Woman_40

Hog's Head - Page 14 Woman_10

Hog's Head - Page 14 Woman_41

Now we are out with the old and in with the new.......................

Hog's Head - Page 14 Old_ma13

Hog's Head - Page 14 Old_ma14

Hog's Head - Page 14 Old_ma16

Hog's Head - Page 14 Old_ma17

Hog's Head - Page 14 Father13

Hog's Head - Page 14 Table10

Hog's Head - Page 14 Decora11

Hog's Head - Page 14 Decora12

Hog's Head - Page 14 Champa11

Hog's Head - Page 14 Hny_610

Hog's Head - Page 14 Ball10

Hog's Head - Page 14 Firewo10

Hog's Head - Page 14 Animat16

Brightest of blessings for a positive healthy year for everyone!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:32 am

Hog's Head - Page 14 Cauldr11

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  Happy New Year! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Professor McGonagall has provided a special transformative cauldron for the new year. Old thoughts, habits, angers, ailments, and the like are placed inside where they are transfigured into strength, tolerance, health, joy, wisdom and their like.

Here's to a healthy, enjoyable, cozy day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Good day! Could not sleep in, in bed, so moved to the living room. Something about napping to the tv, was much better.

My contribution to the fire - my clinging to sugar. I need to step forward into better health, take care of self better. Making time for proper food preparation, eating to fuel, not to feed the fat. It is going to be hard, but I need to do it.

Beautiful fireplaces, thank you for sharing the flames! Nice to enjoy the party pictures without the headache. Take care!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Happy New Year everyone. It's been a quiet day of much reflection.
I've noticed many people (even strangers posting on shared threads ) have been having rough conversations with themselves. So many people are expressing self doubt or self loathing, beyond the usual "I need to lose 10 pounds. ".
Maybe this unusual year of Death has triggered thoughts of mortality and quality of life.

I don't know. Best to take it all one minute at a time, if days are too difficult.

The theme of our holiday week seemed to be "calm". And laughter, I guess. Our quiet New Year's Eve was cheese, fruit and bread and a Game of Thrones marathon. That was enough mayhem for us.

Not looking for drama thus early in the year.

Much love to all. Looking forward to more visions of feasts and colorful garden cottages.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:15 am

Good evening all,

Just a quick fly through. You make me laugh Karentia. My tv is on 24/7 and if it should go out I wake up in an instant. There is something about having that background noise going on that makes me sleep better.

I found this picture while looking for cauldrons and I feel it depicts all of us here, even thought it is actually a representation of the 'tri-fold Hecate' or the three phases of womanhood..........Maiden, Mother, Crone.

Hog's Head - Page 14 P-caul10

Blessings to us all for the strength of our union! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:47 am

Hog's Head - Page 14 Bushmills-Inn-Ireland-discovernorthernIreland
Bushmill's Inn, Bushmill, Ireland. Photo by Discover Northern Ireland.

Good morning. With the arctic cold front that's moving in across the northern US, I think fireplaces are still the order of the day! We had a touch of snow yesterday, most of which has now been melted, but the temps are going to be quite wintery this week... highs in the 30s dipping down into the teens at night. Time to bundle up for sure!

Dobby, I'll have some eggs, a patty of beef sausage, and a tall coffee, please. You'll find me over near the hearth!

Don't know if any of you are particular "All Creatures Great and Small" fans, but for anyone who is, I can certainly recommend a book I finished reading yesterday called "All Memories Great and Small". The author has taken all 90 episodes to create the structure, and within each segment are memories from cast and crew, lovely little bits and pieces about a show that they obviously have loved as much as the fans. It's a real delight, and the perfect companion to the show.

Hog's Head - Page 14 AllMemoriesGreatAndSmall-MIWKPublishing

Here's to a healthy, cozy, enjoyable day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:37 pm

morning all

yep I am more 5han ever to start a new year we have had more than enough drama and stress in our lives this year, change bring it on.

Karen Tia bet you will find out it is easier than you think to drop the extra sugar but don't go cold turkey lots harder if you deny it completely find a fruit or something healthy that will fill the void good luck dear.

Maxie nice you can get a bit of down time for you and hubby enjoy hugs dear..

Hecate I hear you when I am home alone I love either the TV or raidio on and really miss the noise if it isn't on . love hot chocolate this is certainly the winter for it here we got about 9 inches of snow and another 3 this morning burr. hope you have a great week, hugs.

always weather like this yep fireplaces are just what we need thanks, hope you have a great week hugs dear.

hello to mmd, weesa,muggleborn, shrivelfig,Missy mjs and whom ever else might drop by hugs all.

dobby think I would like some mulled cider, and a couple of eggs, thank you dear.

have a super day all
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:12 am

Good evening to all,

I noticed something today when I was preparing my new calendar for the wall this year. It's just one with kitties for all of the pictures but what I have to do is take a marker and go over all of the numbers and make them larger in each square for all of the months. I also enlarge the circles for new and full moons, mark the equinoxes and solstices, and important dates. The one thing that I noticed for this year was that there were no double full or new moons in any of the months. In the past sometimes there would be two full moons in one month or two new moons in another but that didn't happen this year at all. I wonder if there is any special significance to that? Magical Music Dreamer, do you know if that means anything special for that happening? You are more up on astrology than most of us, can you shed any light on this? Maybe there is nothing special about it but I have a feeling that there might be.

Hog's Head - Page 14 Captur10

Always, I only saw All Creatures a couple of times so I never got into following the story line of it, but my son did like watching it when it was on PBS here back in the eighties. I think he recorded most all of them. Peter Davidson was in that also, right? He or someone was a veterinarian, or someone was in it, that was what the series centered around?

Spent most of the day watching American Pickers, and tomorrow night is the final episode of that program about hunting Hitler in Argentina. Looking forward to that.

It hasn't settled in yet that we are in a new year...........it just doesn't feel new for me yet.

Blessings for all of the new beginnings to manifest! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:56 am

Hog's Head - Page 14 Blue-lion-yorkshiredales-Telegraph
The Blue Lion Pub, Yorkshire Dales, UK. Photo by The Telegraph.

Good morning. Dobby, I think a bowl of oatmeal topped with an egg, plus a tall mug of coffee will be ideal today, please.

Hecate... Yes, "All Creatures Great and Small" was the autobiographical series of stories about three vets in the Yorkshire Dales starting in the late 30s (first 3 years of the show) and going into the early 50s (when the series came back). Christopher Timothy played James Herriot (a pen name for real life vet author Alf White), Robert Hardy was Siegfried Farnon, and Peter Davison was incorrigible "little brother" Tristan Farnon. As far as I'm concerned it's one of the best series ever made. I never tire of it.

Here's to a healthy, smooth-flowing day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:32 am

I loved the books, never knew it was a pen name for him. Did not watch the show, was overruled. Sounds like a fun book!

Fireplace and a nap in order, did not sleep well night before, so that made yesterday feel like two days. If I don't go do laundry today, it can be don't tomorrow. Just have a haircut later, Donald will be bringing my beard pieces with him! That will be fun!

Yes, much colder, snuggling with a blanket sounds divine!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Not sure where my post went from this morning. Basically, it was about All Planets in Direct Motion, from January 8 through February 6th. Something to look into.
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Hecate... it doesn't feel like a new year to me yet too

My brother-in-law finally felt well enough to open his presents so we are technically done with Christmas now. Yea!

My mom is planning a trip to Antarctica in March and asked me if I want to go. We'll take a cruise down to the tip of South America and there are some trips to see penguins.

The president of the autism support group I go to and me are working on a questionnaire to see what people want from our meetings so hopefully more people will go to the meetings. Our December meeting only had four people; two of which were my mother and me. If anyone has and ideas for questions, let me know.
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:08 am

Hi Everybody,

Hecate, I couldn't find anything about lack of double Moons. I am guessing that it is part of our boring year with no special extra illumination either consciously or unconsciously.

Always thanks for the info on "All Creatures..." I should give it a try.

I hope everyone had good holidays. Mine were okay, Quiet but okay.

Hope those of you in the harsh winter are okay. Our weather people say some areas are really getting hit by bad weather.

Thanks for all of the holiday pictures and stories everyone.

Hope you all have a good week. cat
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:49 am

Hog's Head - Page 14 HowardArms-Ilmington-warwickshire-Dailymail
The Howard Arms, Ilmington, Warwickshire, UK. Photo by The Daily Mail.

Good morning. Dobby, I think I'll go with a mug of Earl Grey hot, a couple of cranberry scones, and a bit of bacon, please.

MMD and Karentia... I think you'd enjoy "All Creatures..." There are a lot of episodes on youtube (not great quality video- a bit fuzzy- but watchable if you want to get an idea). Here's a link to Season One Episode One which introduces James (Chris Timothy) and Siegfried (Robert Hardy). And here's Season One Episode Two which introduces Tristan (Peter Davison).

Shrivelfig... How blessed you are to have a Mom who's not only able to travel the world but who loves taking you with her! Wow... bundle up and enjoy!

Had my five seconds of fame yesterday. Got my photo taken for a local newspaper (monthly paper provided free at markets and businesses) to go with a "favorite book I'm reading" column. I was interviewed last month and the paper will come out in a couple of weeks. My book was Peter's autobiography, of course.  Rolling Eyes

Also managed to figure a way to get my new treadmill assembled ("two man assembly" HAH) but need to work on the adjustments. Not a major priority right now since we're having clear, cold weather for a few days before we get more rain/snow and I can do my walking outside. The treadmill is my backup for when the weather isn't conducive to pleasant walking. Right now Willow has decided I've put it there for her to sit on. Of course.

Here's to a healthy, cozy, pleasant day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:44 pm

morning all

still snowing get here up to about18 incest and more coming down sigh

had a great post ready to go but hit the wrong key da..

post more later hugs to one another all
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Hang on and stay safe,all you who are being pounded by rain or snow.  Winter is upon us.
We're just cold but snow is supposed to hit tomorrow. Mad. Well, it happens this time of year.

Good luck on your Antarctica trip,shrivelfig. ..that's quite an adventure.  Way out of my comfort zone, I have to admit. When would you be traveling? Now, during their Summer?

So good to see you back,samtibbs. Is your tablet fixed?

Our celebrity!  Always,  I think Peter Davidson ought to put you on his payroll. ...you're a one woman PR campaign. Good luck with the equipment assembly. Maybe a neighbor could help? Larry has two state of the art treadmills  (different styles) down in the basement. Last I saw they were piled high with cartons. I understand you actually have to use them to see fitness results.

Muggleborn,  I saw that depiction of the planet alignment yesterday online.  All those planets moving forward. Hope for us all? Maybe?

Hate to do it, but I have to turn the heat up. I can't feel my feet and I promised myself I'd work around the house while Larry works tonight.

Always, did you watch the Sherlock premier?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Good evening all,

That's great news Always! I'm hoping that you will send Peter a copy of the article once it's printed. You are first name friends after all. It's funny but when I was looking at the picture of the Blue Lion Pub that you posted I wanted to see what the other sides of the room looked like and wished that it had the arrows to click to take a 360 view of the room. I think the first time I saw that used was on the tour that came with one of the HP movies, where you could see the Griffendor common room from different angles. I wanted to see what was outside the window. Wouldn't it be great if all pictures could be viewed like that?

I'm sorry to say that the holiday movies are over on the Hallmark channels and the regular Hallmark channel is back to, Fraiser, Golden Girls, and the dreaded I Love Lucy in the morning, I absolutely hate that show, and the movie channel is back to showing Murder She Wrote, Columbo, and Matlock for most of the day. They still have movies in the evening but not all day like they did for the two months through Christmas.

I'm here earlier tonight because last night I fell asleep around now and slept good for almost twelve hours, didn't want that to happen again without stopping by here first.

I guess we have several weeks before there will be anything to celebrate. That will be Chinese New Years, this year will be the year of the Rooster...........................

Hog's Head - Page 14 Chines10

Actually that sounds good, I haven't had any Chinese food in a long time, Dobby will you please supply us with something tasty?

Hog's Head - Page 14 0901p110

Mmmmm, delicious! Thanks! Everyone enjoy..........................!

Blessings for a Happy New Year! Hecate3fold!

Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:07 am

Hog's Head - Page 14 TheDowneArms-%20Whitby-NorthYorkshire
The Downe Arms Pub, Whitby, North Yorkshire, UK. Photo by The Downe Arms.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd love a tall mug of vanilla coffee, and a bagel with creamed cheese and smoked salmon, please. I'll be over in a squashy chair watching the salamanders play in the fire.

Maxe said: I think Peter Davison ought to put you on his payroll. ...you're a one woman PR campaign
Works for me! You be sure to suggest that to Peter when next you run into him...  Laughing

Hecate said  I'm hoping that you will send Peter a copy of the article once it's printed.
That's a given, and I'll also send one to the gal at his publisher's since she's the Press Officer there.

Hecate... Hallmark Channel is doing a "Winterfest" with a new movie every Saturday in January. Maybe that will help with withdrawal...

Maxe... Yes, I did watch the "Sherlock" Christmas special. All in all I liked it a lot... very gripping and well done. My quibbles and questions are minor, but then the new season (once it actually gets here) may well address those.

Here's to a healthy, cozy, nargle-free day for all..
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Haha. ...yes,Always, next time I run into Peter, I'll certainly bring your name up. Still, it's funny how you've become known to him through his book.

I loved the premier of Sherlock.  Have mixed feelings about Mary Watson. Hated her back story. But, it's Holmes and Watson, not Holmes, Watson and Watson. I've read there are three episodes and BC has hinted it might be the last season. Crying or Very sad

What did you think of the Doctor Who Christmas show? I have to rewatch it. I didn't care for the first viewing. I thought it was too Rom-com, Sit -com, super hero...not my kind of episode.

Does it sound like I'm getting cranky and hard to please?  Don't mean to...

Curling up by the fire and holding my mug for comfort. So cold, and we've snow flurries.

I need to return to sorting through my art supplies but the fire feels good and I'd rather watch the passers-by darting up and down the street looking into shops. The Hog's Head is so much nicer than it used to be but folks still tend to ignore us. Maybe that's a good thing.

Love to all.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:29 pm

Re Sherlock... that's the same info I've run into (unless they're leading us down the garden path, which has been known to happen). I think they want to leave the back door available without anything in concrete. When they began the series, neither of the stars was high profile but now they both are major players with less and less commitment time available plus I'd imagine there'd have to be money on the table these days. I guess only time will tell!

Re the Doctor Who Christmas special... It did take me a second viewing to warm up to it. Somehow the mix of the DW universe and the superhero universe didn't quite work in my mind. I totally loved Peter Capaldi, as always, and the mentions of the backstory with River. I've kept my dvr recording and will likely view it a couple more times since there were parts I enjoyed, and somehow the parts I didn't care for that much tend to fade on reviewing.

Re... next time I run into Peter, I'll certainly bring your name up. Still, it's funny how you've become known to him through his book.
Thanks! Razz  Yes, the journey certainly has been a fascinating one with quite unexpected but delightful steps along the way... Joyful!

Hog's Head - Page 14 TimeEddyII-14oct2016
(Portrait of the Author and the Promoter... The photographer actually called this picture "Bookends" which was cute!)
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:37 pm

So cute! Congrats on the local acknowledgement! cheers Also a way to see if any other locals are of the same bent. "Our new celebrity", in the flesh! Great idea to send the article to both Peter and the Press Officer (sounds like a book title). I'm sure they will both get a kick out of it. Very Happy

Maxie, sending warming thoughts. We are quite cold here, been clear skies and no more than 35 for days. Out running errands, grabbed a hot cocoa before I work out. Didn't want anything heavy. Beautiful sunset! But must be off to battle a treadmill, and get in that pool!

Hugs abound!

Oooo, might have a go at the Chinese buffet after workout! Smells divine!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 35 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum