Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Karentia on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:19 pm

True that. The only other actor who comes to mind with that broad charachter choice & ability is Johnny Depp off the top of the pile. I know others can create variety, but to see and instantly tell this one is different frrom previous characters played?

So many actors play themselves, or only one character, no matter if it's Broadway play of history, or a space opera.

Pretty cool.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Always on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 ARbwByCambridgeJones
Photo by Cambridge Jones

Broadway.com announces a tribute to playwright David Rabe to be held Feb. 27. Excerpt:
Cabaret Soiree will be an evening of cocktails, dinner, entertainment, and silent and live auctions. Among the expected guests are Deema Aitken, Eric Bogosian, Jo Bonney, Bobby Cannavale, Halley Wegyn Gross, Anthony Haden-Guest, Josh Hamilton, Jim Lehrer, Robin MacNeil, Daniel Oreskes, Lily Rabe, Alan Rickman, Wallace Shawn, Erika Sheffer, Dennis Staroselsky, Sarah Steele, Theo Stockman, Raviv Ullman, Claire van der Boom and others.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Dumb question Embarassed but is there a connection between David and Lily Rabe?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Seminar34

Yes, Lily is David's daughter. Her mom was actress Jill Clayburgh.

Karentia... in thinking about it, I think you're right. Johnny Depp is really the only other actor I can think of with such a variety of different characters... but I haven't heard of any Deppland events! lol!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:28 am

Well,cut off my legs and call me Shorty....I had no idea... I adored Jill Clayburgh and was saddened when we lost her..and here's her daughter! Thanks for connecting the dots for me,Always.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Seminar130byViperARbd
Photo by Viper

Video segments from Alan's birthday here. Too bad the photogs weren't closer when the singing started!

Alan will be a guest on The View next Tuesday. Broadway World says:
Katharine McPhee ("Smash"), Zac Efron ("Dr. Seuss' The Lorax"), Ed Helms ("Dr. Seuss' The Lorax"), Dana Delany (ABC's "Body of Proof"), Alan Rickman (Broadway's "Seminar"), Gayle King ("CBS This Morning"), Dr. Drew Pinsky (HLN's "Dr. Drew"), U.S. Olympic Boxing hopeful Quanitta Underwood and her sister, Hazzauna Underwood, and musical guest Lyle Lovett are among the guests featured FEBRUARY 27-MARCH 2 on ABC's THE VIEW (live weekdays; 11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon, ET; broadcast live in stereo; CC; TV-14).

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 - Guest co-host Mary J. Blige; Dana Delany (ABC's "Body of Proof"); Alan Rickman (Broadway's "Seminar").
Just posted on HitFix in an article about the original version of Gambit is this about the new version:
Later this year, there will be a remake of "Gambit" arriving in theaters, with Michael Hoffman directing from a script written by Joel and Ethan Coen. The logline description is "An art curator enlists the services of a Texas steer roper to con a wealthy collector into buying a phony Monet painting." I've read the Coens script, and it's a very different animal than the original. The scam involved is nothing like what happens in the original film, and in this case, the best case scenario is that this new film, which will star Cameron Diaz, Colin Firth, and Alan Rickman as a wildly wealthy nudist with a fondness for Monet, will lead people back to find the original, which will delight them in a whole different way.
*ahem* "A wildly wealthy nudist"???? Embarassed

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Seminar133byArularARbd
Seminar stagedoor pic from Arular

Alan on his birthday.

If the Oscars bore you on Sunday, PBS is airing Song of Lunch as alternate viewing. The Globe and Mail comments:
The Song of Lunch

Sunday, PBS, 9 p.m. on Masterpiece Contemporary

Yes, there is counterprogramming to the Oscars. PBS goes with this, an enjoyable and preposterously pretentious sort-of drama, about a long lunch. Adapted from Christopher Reid’s narrative poem, it’s about a grumpy publisher/poet (Alan Rickman) and an old flame (Emma Thompson) meeting at one of those slightly seedy Italian restaurants in London’s Soho where such types gather. He’s charmless, he eventually realizes, and she has done much better without him. It is also about middle-age and regret.
The Las Vegas Review Journal offers their own awards to honor movie performances ignored by Oscar, including:
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
... And for all those "Harry Potter" fans upset at the Academy's major-category diss of the long-running fantasy franchise, we feel your pain -- especially when it comes to Alan Rickman, who conjured hidden motives and past heartbreak as the slithery Severus Snape.
A bit choppy, but very nice smiley Alan new stagedoor video is here. The slo mo bits are lovely!

The Star Tribune lets us know what show Alan would like to see if he had a day off:
Alan Rickman (starring in "Seminar"): "'Death of a Salesman,' Arthur Miller on Broadway. 'Three Sisters,' Chekhov at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Mike Nichols and Lev Dodin. Two great plays. Two great directors. Turn off your cellphones."
There's a new video on youtube by an Alan fan who's "rather upset" at the Oscar/Bafta snubs. I've linked to it only because there was some behind the scenes footage I had not seen before. Thought you might enjoy it as well!

Last edited by Always on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added more and more)
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 NewGroupGalabyStephenLovekin4 Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 NewGroupGalabyStephenLovekin3
Photos by Stephen Lovekin

Alan at last night's New Group Gala. There's also a batch of small, but nice photos here.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 am

I'm surprised there were no BAFTA awards...envy,maybe?

I have to gulp a little at the " a wildly wealthy nudist" bit. Embarassed I'd rather keep a little mystery. Hope the movie is fun. I like most of the Coen works.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 NewGroupGala-BroadwayWorld
Photo courtesy of BroadwayWorld.com
Alan at the New Group Gala. Great pic!

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 TheView-DanaDelaney2-28-12
Photo courtesy of Dana Delaney
Alan with Dana Delaney backstage before today's appearance on The View. DD was also a guest and posted the photo along with her tweet:
"Just met Alan Rickman backstage @theviewtv. I subtly swooned inside. #thatvoice"
Another fangirl surfaces!

Didn't think much of the View interview. They didn't even cover what was announced in their teaser, and it was mostly fluff, but ah well, Alan looked just dandy! You can watch it here.

GoldDerby lists Seminar and Alan in its pondering about potential Tony awards:
Tony Awards Nominations: Play - Overview
A grand total of 15 new productions are competing for the attention of Tony Awards voters as the Best Play of the 2011-2012 season.

Of the plays that debuted during the fall, the good-to-great reviews were obtained by "The Mountaintop" (with Samuel L. Jackson and Angela Bassett), "Chinglish" (with Jennifer Lim and Gary Wilmes), "Seminar" (with Alan Rickman and Lily Rabe), "Venus in Fur" (with Hugh Dancy and Nina Arianda), and "Stick Fly" (with Dule Hill and Rosie Benton). Woody Allen, Ethan Coen, and Elaine May each contributed single acts to "Relatively Speaking." The best notices of the fall plays were for "Other Desert Cities" (with Stockard Channing, Rachel Griffiths, and Stacy Keach).
Exclamation *** Alan is scheduled to be a guest on the Charlie Rose Show tonight on PBS.*** Exclamation
*edited* Quite good interview (1/2 hour long). Alan was relaxed and talked a great deal about acting. Lots more depth than the morning's fluff!

Here's one more stagedoor video... never too much Alan!

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Seminar141byDazlious
Photo by Dazlious

Stagedoor video by Dazlious here.

The very watchable Charlie Rose interview with Alan can be viewed here.

Or here if you prefer youtube.

It's Nice That presents a quite interesting article on Alan's early work as a graphic artist:
You might know him as the snarling Professor Snape in the Harry Potter series, the wandering-eyed husband in Love Actually or even the spoon-wielding maniacal Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, but you may be less familiar with Alan Rickman, graphic design student. So let us introduce you, thanks to these exclusively released images of two issues of the RCA journal Ark (now called ARC) on which he worked. They’ve come to light again after Michael Crowe unknowingly selected one of Rickman’s issues to use as the basis for a fundraising poster.

The man with the most expressive face in showbusiness (not counting Jim Carey, but nobody counts Jim Carey) was a post graduate graphic design student at the RCA in the late 1960s and worked on issues #45 and #46 (1969 and 1970) of the journal as the copy editor. He also wrote articles in each one – an interview with Jim Haynes and a piece called Child’s Play where he spent a day as a supervisor in a children’s play park.

That piece is impossible to read not in his famously dulcet tones: “Your successes will be smaller than your failures. For every child you can reason into submission there will be dozens who you will submit to for no other reason than maybe they can string together a greater variety of obscenities and deliver them with a more truly eloquent arrogance than you could ever hope for.”
Alan has been nominated for Best Supporting Actor (DH2) in the Saturn Awards. Guess I should have kept up my membership in that academy!
Among the nominees in the Best Actress category are Jessica Chastain for Take Shelter and Keira Knightley for A Dangerous Mind. Additionally, Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman, and Stanley Tucci have been nominated in the Best Supporting Actor category.
Screen Junkies has selected their top 5 HP villains. In the number one spot:
Severus Snape
What, you were expecting someone else to start this list? Maybe "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"? No, it's Snape and not the "Dark Lord" and here's why. First of all, you never knew where Snape's true loyalties lie, unlike Voldemort, who was the big bad from the beginning. He loathed Harry from his first day at Hogwarts, but the scheming Snape (played so brilliantly by Alan Rickman) always left you guessing where he would come down when the inevitable final battle with Voldemort came. Not to mention the fact that he tormented Harry from the start and just happened to kill perhaps the most beloved character in the series, Dumbledore, and you have one vile creature. The fact that he ultimately redeemed himself in the end should make up for his sins, but damn, he was just too fun to hate to let it go.
Liked this little aside in The Periscope Post's review of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel:
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, directed by John Madden, who previously gave us Shakespeare in Love, is based on a novel by Deborah Moggach (These Foolish Things). It sees a group of older people going to South Asia, specifically to spend their retirement in a hotel in Jaipur run by Sonny (Dev Patel). Maggie Smith’s playing Muriel, a cockney; Judi Dench plays a widow; Bill Nighy, Penelope Wilton and Celia Imrie also feature, as well as Tom Wilkinson as a High Court judge. In fact it might as well be Harry Potter, says Periscope, wishing rather wistfully that Alan Rickman was in it. But perhaps that is too much to ask. Critics have, for once, reached a general consensus. You won’t get much insight here into India or old people; but it is a bit like having a warm bath and a biscuit.
Today's Telegraph (UK) has an article on Juliet Stevenson working on TMD. Excerpt:
I wasn’t convinced when Ant said he’d offered the part to Alan Rickman. We’d met at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford in 1978 when he was a rising star and I was on a shut-up-and-do-what-you’re-told contract. He is 10 years older than me but he sort of fostered me and became like an older brother. So when I found out we had to play lovers I wasn’t entirely sure, but of course in the end it was wonderful because we had so much history already.
Seminar review in today's Manhattan Blogger:
Here are a few of my favorite things: Lily Rabe, Alan Rickman, and Theresa Rebeck. Throw these people into one project, say that it will be on Broadway, and I am officially clutching my heart for fear that it will forever cease at such triumphant news.

Last edited by Always on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : added stuff and more stuff and a bit more... and still more...)
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:53 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Seminar144byDazlious
Photo by Dazlious

Okay, it's about time for a new post and Alan photo. Nice "here's looking at you, kid" shot outside the Golden Theater.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Seminar148byGavinBond
Photo by Gavin Bond

Screen Junkies picks their 6 Most Dastardly British Villains, including:
The Sherrif of Nottingham, "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves"

Alan Rickman plays bad guys about as well as anyone in the world. He's also the lone bright spot in the otherwise lousy Kevin Costner vehicle "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," Bryan Adams ballads included. Rickman is at his scene-chewing best as the Sheriff of Nottingham, managing to be so despicable that audiences could actually root for Costner's Robin Hood. When in history did Robin Hood sound like he was from Nebraska, Kevin? If only the Sheriff had succeeded in cutting out Robin's heart with a spoon like he promised.
The Daily Record offers an article about actor Dexter Fletcher on how meeting his wife halted a drug meltdown. The Alan tie in?
Dexter realised that he needed to break away from all of what was destructive in his life and that happened thanks to Dalia and another close friend, actor Alan Rickman.

Dexter said: “I met Dalia through Alan, with whom I had worked with in a play at Sheffield when I was 14.

“He had kept an eye on me from a distance. I was going out with Julia Sawalha at the time and she had done the first series of Absolutely Fabulous.

“I was in a right state and I bumped into Alan at a recording of Ab Fab and he asked what had happened to me. I was a mess. I’d been dithering around and making bad choices.”

Soon after that, Dexter was invited – out of the blue – to work with stage director Dalia at a pub theatre in Islington, London. Then it dawned on him that Alan had set this up.

Dexter said: “At first I thought I couldn’t do pub theatre. I was terrified but Dalia convinced me that it was a good idea.

“So Alan had been instrumental in making that happen and meeting the woman who turned my life around.

Last edited by Always on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added material)
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Seminar141byDazlious-1
Photo by Dazlious

Stage Directions offers an interview with Theresa Rebeck. Excerpt:
When you’re working with someone like Alan Rickman on Seminar, I imagine he must come up with things about his character that you never imagined?

Yes, he does.

How does that work for you? I imagine that is a great process of discovery.

It really is. That was wonderful. It was really beautiful honestly. He has a very meticulous ear, so there was a lot of gentle carving around would his character Leonard say this or not. There were a couple of moments where he really insisted on stuff I hadn’t heard, and I finally decided to go with him because he has such a refined instrument that I had to trust that and get to my own understanding of what he was talking about. There were only one or two places where I said I couldn’t do that, so it was a little bit of a negotiation.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:43 am

"So Alan had been instrumental in making that happen and meeting the woman who turned my life around."

so,even away from Hogwart's the man works his magic.

I'm not surprise to hear of a kindness like that. Theatre isn't as cutthroat as the movie business. I think people tend to take care of each other more..working together so intimately creates more of a bond than showing up on set according to a story board and schedule.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:57 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 QuelleksStPat

so,even away from Hogwart's the man works his magic.

It just comes down to the fact that Alan, at heart, truly appears to be a decent and caring person. He doesn't search for a spotlight on what he does personally, he just does what he can to help others. It reminded me of something Ian McKellen wrote about Alan during the filming of Rasputin:
Alan Rickman is a diligent and generous man. Five minutes after I reached St Petersburg, he phoned up to my hotel room to invite me to meet colleagues over dinner, although he had been filming all the long day and might well have rested alone with room service. He did the same with all the actors arriving from the UK to start work abroad. It's not just that Alan is gregarious; rather that he wants the actors to work as a team and whenever there was a need for a leader, he was there to play that part as well as to play Rasputin. On the set it was the same; he was always alert to other people's worries and supported them. Such tone-setting behaviour is not usual from leading actors, nor is it a contractual requirement.

Watching him at close quarters was instructive. Once I feel I have played a scene as best I can, I long for the moment when the director accepts my efforts and moves on to the next. Alan's special quest for perfection shames me somewhat. He never wants to move on until he has done better than his best. As Rasputin his acting style is broad yet precise, outlandish yet subtle and is properly at the centre of the spectacular architecture and crowd scenes which might otherwise have stolen the show. His awards were well-deserved.
Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Seminar47byJoanMarcus
Photo by Joan Marcus

Hamish Linklater and Alan in Seminar.

Today's Theatermania reports:
Alan Rickman, Noah Robbins, Sigourney Weaver Set for Benefit Reading of Hamish Linklater's The Vandal

Alan Rickman, Noah Robbins, and Sigourney Weaver will star in a benefit reading of Hamish Linklater's The Vandal, to be presented at The Museum of Jewish Heritage on Tuesday, April 3 at 7pm.
Set on a freezing night in Kingston, New York, the play centers on a woman who meets a boy at a bus stop. The work is about how we live and the stories we tell ourselves when we're haunted by the people we've loved and lost.

Tickets are $275 and include a light supper with the cast following the reading. Proceeds will benefit The Flea Theater.

The Tribeca Citizen comments:
The Flea Theater‘s 2012 Benefit Reading on April 3 at the Museum of Jewish Heritage will feature Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman in a battle of extraordinary imperiousness reading of “The Vandal” by Hamish Linklater. Tickets are $275 and that includes a light supper with the cast.
Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Seminar152byMeisha285
Photo by Meisha285

On Location Vacations comments (with photos):
And, as with most Broadway productions, it’s not unusual for Rickman and O’Connell to take time to sign autographs and pose for photos with fans after the show.
Broadway World has a bit more about the "Vandal" Benefit Reading:
“We are delighted to have an artist like Hamish share his gifts with The Flea”, says Flea’s Producing Director Carol Ostrow. “To have luminaries like Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman interpret his work will mean an unforgettable evening of theater!”
The Seatle Times comments
I'm back -- how have you all been? I have Broadway musicals on my mind, because I was just in New York and saw a few shows. ("Porgy and Bess," which was beautifully sung and very good; and Alan Rickman in the play "Seminar" -- such a treat to hear his voice, unamplified, in a historic theater!)
Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 AlanByTheDoor-Autographed
How to turn a dreary day into a sparkling one! cloud9 Look what was in my mailbox today!

Today's Collider announces the release date for Gambit:
Gambit is technically a remake of the utterly delightful 1966 Michael Caine/Shirley Maclaine movie of the same name, but the plot sounds very different. In the remake, “Firth will play a London art curator who plots an elaborate scheme to con a wealthy collector (Alan Rickman) into buying a fake Monet painting. As part of the ruse, he recruits a Texas steer roper (Diaz) to play the part of a woman whose grandfather liberated the painting at the end of WWII.” The character roles are similar to those in the original, but the professions, methods, and Macguffin have changed.

Gambit will be the sophisticated choice on the January 11, 2013 weekend when it opens against Scary Movie 5 and the action-flick fairy-tale reimagining Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton.
The Kansas City Star has these comments on Seminar:
The master in this case is Leonard, played by the wonderful Alan Rickman, whose unforgiving verbal destruction of the aspiring novelists paying him for private weekly sessions is some of the funniest writing the always-interesting Rebeck has ever committed to a computer screen.
. . . .
No argument there, but the play also presumes that in each generation there may be one or two extraordinary gifted artists who write fiction beyond compare, whose work will advance the art, who are simply waiting to be discovered by a mentor who will help them ascend to Olympus.
A dubious proposition, that. But this play is splendid entertainment nonetheless, and for one reason: Alan Rickman. The role fits the actor perfectly, and he makes his riveting monologues soar. This is a star vehicle in the best sense.

Last edited by Always on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added info and more info)
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Wow Always, that is terrific ! Congratulations! cheers
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:26 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 StPatricksDay2012

The Boston Herald does some celebrity spotting:
Broadway producer Michel Wallerstein of “Flight” fame hosting Alan Rickman of “Harry Potter,” Severus Snape’s longtime S.O. Rima Horton, vintage screen stars Sylvia Miles and Carroll Baker, and Broadway star Alison Fraser at a fundraiser for the Provincetown Tennessee Williams Theater Festival at his NYC penthouse.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:17 am

Holy cripes! I have not made it in here in 3 weeks! I will have to catch up from the computer at work! It has not been sending notices for this thread. You have been busy.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:21 am

had a dream about Mr R early this morning,Always...he was wearing a lei of mistletoe bunches(no nargles in them I'm sure) and was on his way to see you! He and I shared a moment...he was very nice but disappointed I used what he considered a profanity...he gently pushed me on ahead along the walkway because he was off to deliver you the mistletoe. I like that (not) an AR dream where's he's more interested in another woman??? Couldn't share the dream with my husband but thought you'd get a kick out of it.

be on the look out for mistletoe.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:16 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 Mistletoe

Hmmm... Maxe, definitely need that dream recorded on a dvd! Wink

Karentia... You may not have gotten notices, because I frequently just edit my last post to add new info and the system doesn't send out notifications on edits. I figure some folks may just lurk to see pix and info but don't actually post, so I keep going till either someone else posts or I figure it's about time for a new post!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Laughing Laughing I might have known you'd come up with a lovely photo to acknowledge my dream,Always.

Even dream Alan is very soft spoken and quite sweet. I was dismayed my language had offended him...wish I could remember what was so objectionable so I won't make the mistake again should we meet in dreams.

We would have been sleeping at the same time on different coasts Always,I wonder he did not join you after leaving me?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 StPats

The London Evening Standard reports:
A party at Quaglino’s last night for Nicolas Kent, who leaves the Tricycle Theatre next month after 28 years in charge. A filmed tribute by Alan Rickman advised that if Kent ever invited you to the country and suggested “a shortish walk” to ignore him or “You will end in traction”.
Makes one wonder what the story behind that comment was!

Maxe... If he did drop in, it was certainly done quietly! Needless to say, he'd be welcome any time! Sleep cloud9
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Love your smilies...they set the tone so well!

I'm headed to bed now...I'll let you know if anymore mistletoe leis show up.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:22 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 StPats2012

Happy St. Pat's!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 am

Now,finding that at the end of the rainbow would be worth the trip.

Meet you at Quelleck's later for a nice libation to salute the "foine" day.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Ah, such a foine marnin' it is! Snow mixed with rain, but of such a soft sort, just enough to tweak the tulips into waking up! Daffs are about to bloom, any second now.

Quellek's? We are so there! George is adding a green trim to his black finery, just a thread or two... he doesn't like pinches.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 14 QuelleksStPats2

Dr. L has plenty of goodies to celebrate St. Pat's Day. Alex and I are on our way!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum