Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body,Mind,Spirit connection

+6
Admin
missypotter
Lady
muggleborn
Maxecat
ladyhawke
10 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Body,Mind,Spirit connection - Page 4 Empty Re: Body,Mind,Spirit connection

Post  Admin Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:33 pm

No it's not a compression boot I looked it up and the cpm in this case stands for Continuous passive motion this is a picture of one. He also has anti-embolism pumps a small one on his right foot and the larger is on his left leg, they blow up and release (like blood pressure cuffs) continually. Yes they day nurses could have used a cheering charm, luckily the night nurses are happier so perhaps he'll rest better tonight.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:15 am

that's really cool... the anti embolism pumps are wonderful...post surgical blood clots are a big concern no matter what the age of the patient.

So,these pumps force the blood to keep flowing upward rather than pooling...amazing.

Hope the happy nurses cheer your dad,too.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Weesa, I hope your father will be at home soon. I know I like to be in my own bed when I don`t feel well too. Good sleep is the best cure for everything. I wish it to you as well as to you father. Thanks for the link to the photo of the maschine. I`ve never seen that before.

My hubby visited grandpa today. He isn`t vomiting and is on diet. He was o.k., although tired. Grandma explained me he won`t get back at home in any case. She is right, she is 78 and if anything happens to her what will be with grandpa? THey are on list for "senior house". It is institution where old people live, pay some money and they are like on hotel with medical care. Granpa will be probably there next year and she will visit him and if there will be free place she will move there too. The waiting list is long, they are currently on 80th place. We will see what the situation with grandpa shows.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Hmmm Not sure how cool Dad thinks it is right now, but it is nice they have found ways to help prevent blood clots and improve recovery. He's home now and finally resting so we'll see how he feels later.

Lady hope your grandparents can get to where they need to be, I know that would be a load off your mind.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:31 pm

Today was grandpa at CT with his brain. From what we heard from doctor the brain is damaged. There are some scars left by the strokes. He wants neurologist to see him but I don`t think there can be any help. Grandpa is still vomiting. We tried to feed him by mashed potatoes but after ten minutes it was all out. He is sad and tired. Didn`t want to watch tv, read the newspapers, well he didn`t want to do anything. To tell you the truth, after what I saw today and if it won`t be better, I wish him quick and painless end. I`m tired I can`t do more, very tired No
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:56 pm

That is distressing news,Lady. I understand how your feelings swing from hope to despair. The vomiting is something to be looked into. You have to wonder if there's something wrong in his stomach that has nothing to do with any brain damage.If,indeed,his body is shutting down,I think it's ok to hope it happens quickly,so he doesn't linger in pain and confusion. This is a bad time of year to have to see family members suffering.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:02 pm

You are reading my mind Maxecat. Thank you very much for your calming words.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:38 pm

We've all been there,little one. It's so hard to say good bye to love ones but sometimes it does get easier. When you know it's time for them to find peace and joy elsewhere,it helps..eventually.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:35 am

Oh, my! Lady, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I have not been in here lately, so just catching up. It is a difficult thing to go through as a family. If he is not getting any food to stay, is he passing any water? When I had kidney stones blocking, nothing stayed in, vomited everything. You are all in my prayers. Hugs dear.

Weesa, glad your pops is doing well after surgery. Is he moving around better? Any moving is good right now.

Ella has had few text talks with Sanjeeve, he is home, in London. He remembers a little, like bits of Ella's daughters. Ella said something about Kimmie's death & that sent S into a tailspin again. Couple steps forward, 6 back. Ella is still recuperating from the loss of her daughter. She is reading some good books on Post Stress Traumatic Disorder (sorry it's really late, might have buggerd that last), for herslef and for his situation. I hope this helps her soldier on through. It is wonderful that he is texting her questions! At least he knows enough to not throw away Kimmie's Harry Potter wand, sorting hat & other items he is holding for E. She maDe him her secret keeper. So sweet.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:27 am

The is always the worst time of year after a personal loss.I hope both your friends can continue to take the steps forward no matter how many times they fall back. It's such a personal journey,it's hard to offer advice,but there certainly are prayers for their recoveries.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:28 am

Thank you, Maxie. Prayers are welcomed. I've told her of our multi denmominational group. She just needs time. She wants all the answers but you just don't get the booklet on how to deal with the loss of a child when you give birth. Or anything major.

Hugs.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:29 pm

Karentia,do you remember our group praying and sending healing meditations for the intention of a young man of our acquaintance who had been diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer? It was about 3 years ago and Shaun was given roughly 60 days to live,not long enough to see his daughter born.
Our group among many,many others in our town prayed for this young man and not only did he get to meet his daughter but is now back to work,playing with all his children and at last check cancer and lesions free.

My son says it happens,but I attribute it to the prayers and healing thoughts.I believe grief shared is grief lessened so anything we can do to help...
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Karentia will keep your friend in my thoughts.

I received bad news this morning from my great uncle's wife he's been in hospital since Christmas Eve with pneumonia. As if that wasn't bad enough his and my Grannies oldest brother died, his wife died a few ago (which I knew but I didn't know her) he's had alzheimers pretty bad for a long time and so his step daughters put him in a home this past Friday since there wasn't anyone who could care for him at home. I guess losing his wife caused him to lose what little grip on life he had, he stopped eating and when the visited him yesterday he went to nap for a bit and they found him dead. His heart had just stopped. I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore but I hate hearing he's gone. I really can't wait for this year to be over it just keeps getting worse as it goes on. Next year has to better.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Weesa, dear heart, this is such sad news. My heart goes out to you & your family. Sending loads of hugs & love your way.

When it rains, it pours.

This must still be part of the jumping off that Eagle had spoken of - but when we are the ones left behind, not so easy to deal with.

I keep waiting for my brother to call that dad has passed in his sleep. We will go see him & my uncle next week I think, since I was not able to see them for Christmas.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:49 pm

Weesa, I`m so sorry to hear about your relatives. Pneumonia in old age is very dangerous. I will keep you and your family in my mind.

I haven`t got good news either. Grandpa is getting worse. He was vomiting for a couple of days before Christmas. On 23rd I visited him and definitely lost my hope for returning him back to normal life. He didn`t vomit for 3 days and today he started again. He isn`t eating, only if grandma is feeding him. She told me, that yesterday and today he wasn`t crying as usual and I think his mind and soul is coming to a piece with his situation. Before this experience I always wanted my relatives pass in piece in sleep at home but even if it is horrible situation, I still can see the progress that our souls are doing. That everything has its own timing. I`m sure when everybody will be prepared his soul will go on and I hope his son (my father) will be with him. I`m trying to explain that gently to my grandma but it is hard. They are together since 1953. I know life has start and end and we can`t change it. I`m very happy grandpa has the best care. He is in clean bed and every day there is someone visiting him. I know I can only wait.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Sorry to hear about your grandpa Lady.

A good update the hospital did wonders with my great uncle. He called a little while ago from home. He's doing much better he says. They pumped him full of meds from the time he got to the emergency room Friday evening and gave him a good dosage before discharging him today and told him to drink fluids and get plenty of rest. I'm glad because his poor wife is being worn to a frazzle with all this family drama.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:20 am

I'm sorry to hear of the sadness in the various families. Even though we know it's all part of life,it's still hard to let relatives leave,especially at a time of year that is dedicated to family.
It's nice hearing your great uncle is doing better Weesa. And,Lady,no matter where our physical life ends, we're never alone when we pass. As Karentia,says,it's hardest for those of us left behind.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:05 am

Lady, my thoughts and prayers will be with your family during this time. It does appear your grandfather is beginning to make peace with his passing. There are some wonderful books about the stages of preparation/transition. I love you
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Yes I was happy to get the call from him. I think his wife is what keeps him going, she is something else you just gotta like her. Actually heard from her today he's doing well, the service for my other great uncle is friday. And she told me that their sister (my great aunt) lost one of her great grandchildren on Christmas eve. He was only 19, it appears he was the victim of a hit and run then hit again by a second car. The second driver hasn't been charged not sure but it seems as if maybe that was an accident but the first driver is still unknown.

Yes it is harder for those of us left here to miss them.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:32 pm

Sorry about your relatives Weesa.

At such times, I cling to my religious beliefs.

Glad your Dad is doing better.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Weesa, sorry for such a sad news. When young die it is always so sad.

Grandpa is doing a little bit better. He is improving for five days. He shows some little interest in what is going around and I heard a complete sentence from him after a month! He wasn`t vomiting since 26th. These are little steps but it helps him to feel better I suppose. We visited him with kids today and he was feeding Oli with mandarin.

I`ll keep you informed when there is some change.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Feeling a touch blue tonight. A nurse from my brother's nursing home called this evening to say my brother wanted to talk to me because he wants to go home. Of course, that's impossible with the level of care he needs. I suspect he is feeling the after effects of the surgery to his eyelid the other day and probably not feeling very good. I tried to reassure him about the care he needs and gets where he is, etc. but it was heartbreaking. Now that I know he can hear me on the phone (he has hearing problems too), I will call tomorrow to follow up and see how he's doing plus write him a letter so he can reread it. (He has about a 3 minute memory span, so written is generally better than oral.) Sad. Crying or Very sad
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:34 pm

I am sorry about your brother Always. Life is hard and hurts sometimes. At least he is is getting good care where he is. Neutral
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Oh,Always,such heart ache when dealing with mental decline.I'm glad the facility is one you have confidence in,but I know it doesn't change the sense of frustration and sadness. How far away is he? If he hears your voice will it calm him?
Is it my imagination but are there more and more people developing forms of dementia than ever before? at earlier ages,too...

My thoughts go with you and your brother,Always.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:40 am

Samtibbs' hubby Mackie was talking about how aluminum has leeched into our foods with how much we cook on/in foil, cover & wrap in it, drink out of cans, and bake on sheets or with pots & pans on the stove
. Supposedly all the leached aluminum can cause dementia after years of consumption. Well, what generation grew up with soda cans & tv dinners & jiffy pop pocorn? I have been carefully switching my cookware - started with buying stainless steel cookie sheets in Boise on that trip! Only drink out of bottles (I know, plastic bottles, but I recycle those too!), don't use foil without plastic first, if possible.

Everything can make you ill eventually. Another reasom for simplifying my cooking & eating.

Dementia is so hard on the family and friends - the denial that it's even there, seeing your loved one slowly dissapear, where they used to be the life of the party or strong one. I hate it. Hugs to you Always. A letter will be very good.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next