Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 32 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Always Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:39 am

Hog's Head - Page 32 YewCottage-Hepworth-Telegraph
Yew Cottage, Hepworth, UK. Photo by the Telegraph.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a bowl of oatmeal topped with Irish butter, a couple of link sausages, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Since you seemed to enjoy my little brother's adventures, here's what he's been up to this weekend at the Dallas Fan Expo. His cosplay outfits are from Farscape (the pic with Mark Hamill), and as the Eleventh Doctor as he appeared in "A Town Called Mercy" on "Doctor Who". Don't know yet what today will bring! Razz

Hog's Head - Page 32 Paul-DallasFanExpo-2017
Paul at the Dallas Fan Expo with Alex Kingston, Mark Hamill, Catherine Tate, and John Barrowman.

Here's to a healthy, healing, fun surprise filled day for all...

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:24 pm

He does know how to have fun, doesn't he, Always?

Sunshine today! What an improvement.

Now,if I can get Larry to help me get some dirt for the planters tomorrow, I'll be ready to plant.

I've been reading a biography of the late choreographer/ director Bob Fosse. Wouldn't you know that one of the contributors recalled the scenic " chocolate houses " he saw while in Europe during production of Cabaret? Wonderfully old country cottages.

Must head back to work to pick Larry up. Need a Costco run. Not my fav but Larry loves strolling through grocery stores of all sizes. Last year I found a bag of lilies for
$15. I think there were thirty or more and they stretched through the entire Summer.I
Maybe this year I can find another bag.

Love to all this sparkling day.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Hog's Head - Page 32 Empty Hog's Head

Post  shrivelfig Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:16 pm

Always, some healing potions would be wonderful. My mom finally left and went home with her dogs and one of her cats. The cat carrier she was using to hold the one cat broke on the way out to the car so she left him here. She is coming tomorrow so we can go see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. We'll have dinner afterwards and then she'll come back to the apartment and get her cat. While she was gone today, my sister found a cat carrier that wasn't broken.

My sister is finally beginning to start to feel better. With her auto-immune disorders, it takes her longer to get well.

My family went to a sci-fi con in the 90's several times. I never did any cos play though. Did meet a number of actors from Doctor Who and most of the cast from Red Dwarf. Craig Charles from Red Dwarf bought be a drink. My brother and I had lunch with Tom Baker. Very Happy They were holding a raffle where one person would win lunch with Tom and the money went to a good cause. So many people bought tickets that he increased the number of people who would win. I don't remember the exact number but it was eight or ten people. I bought a number of tickets and my brother bought only one.

The way people sat at the table, I ended up sitting next to my brother on one side and Tom on the other. I couldn't believe it. Shocked He was very charming and funny and really took to me. He even moved his chair closer to me and would whisper funny things to me. He even asked what I was going to order, ordered the same thing, and when his sandwich arrived first, insisted I eat part of his sandwich!
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:28 am

Hog's Head - Page 32 Chocolate-box-cottage-dorset-farm6-chocolatedictionary
Chocolate box cottage in Dorset, England. Photo by Farm6/Chocolate Dictionary.

Good morning. Dobby, bring on a tall coffee, and a smattering of Easter cookies, please.

Shrivelfig... How cool! Meeting Tom Baker in fun circumstances makes for quite a memory.

Maxe... Yes, little brother has a philosophy of having fun. I started him on the convention path many moons ago and now it's become his turn to re-educate me.

Here's a montage of some of his Sunday photos - he's cosplaying Capt Jack Harkness in these, which John Barrowman obviously enjoyed!

Hog's Head - Page 32 Paul-DallasFanExpo2017

Here's to a healthy, healing, fun filled day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Good evening all,

Checked in here and realized that i wasn't here again yesterday. Oh well, I'm here now.

Glad to hear that you have finally got more time/and room for yourself Shrivelfig. Cute story about Tom Baker.

That's sounds great Maxecat, from what you said, the lilies were all different kinds in one bag, and bloomed at different times through the summer? Hope you can find more, or something similar to add to what you have. How about some irises? I love the delicate smell of them too. The thing is with them though is that every other year they should be pulled up in the fall and then replanted the next spring, but by then you will have double the bulbs, but what gorgeous colors!!! Any other types of bulbs that you are thinking of planting??

Speaking of irises......................................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Iris10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Iris_111

Hog's Head - Page 32 Iris_112

Always, it amazes me all of the different beautiful and intricate patterns that are carved into the thatched roofs around the boarders and acrossthe tops. That must be a talent all of its own.....kind of close to hedge trimming I imagine.....Or Edward Sissorhands!

Winky has made us more of her Easter treats................................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cake-e10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie27

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie28

And here are a few vintage postcards to help us 'Think Spring'................................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Elf-bu10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Gilr-b10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girl_212

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girl_213

Blessings for sunny skies, soft breezes, and the sweet smells of Spring! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:30 am

Hi Everyone,
I told you I didn't rent my timeshare...so we had to go to Hawaii last minute. We were in Maui 10 days. We had a good time except I was ill half of the time.
Travel was so crowded. Spring break they say. I will post more tomorrow.
Hope you are all okay.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:19 am

Hog's Head - Page 32 LilyPondLodge-Llangammarch-Wales-BreconBeaconsHolidayCottages
Lily Pond Lodge, Llangammarch, Wales. Photo by Brecon Beacons Holiday Cottages.

Good morning. Dobby, those Easter cookies are lovely. My compliments to Winky, Hecate and their team! I'll have a few along with my eggs, plus a tall mug of coffee, please.

MMD... Glad you're back and hope you're recovered!

Here's to a healthy, healing, positive energy charged day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:28 am

Hecate I love those Irises, very pretty. We have purple and white ones outside, really enjoy them.

Always those "chocolate box" cottages are lovely, but I think I would rather be at the one from today, it looks so peaceful. Glad Willow is doing so well.

MMD sorry to hear your vacation wasn't as fun as it could have been.

Maxecat you sound like my Mom, the more plants of all variety the better is her landscaping motto.

Shrivelfig glad to hear your family is getting back to normal.

Samtibbs hope you are doing well. Has Jessie played in the state tournament yet or is that later in the month? We have about a month and a half left of school here when does she get summer break?

Karentia hope you are having a good day.

Missypotter have they figured out any more about your hubby's problems? Hope things are going better for the two of you.

Hugs and hello to everyone I missed. Hope that you are having a terrific day!

Hog's Head - Page 32 Purpleworld20_zpsnsjchjb1

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hog's Head - Page 32 Empty Hog's Head

Post  shrivelfig Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Hectate, the Easter bonnets cookies are so cute. Everything looks delicious,

I really enjoyed Beauty and the Beast. Since the new movies came out last Friday, their are less showings in 3D now. My mom bought tickets for a 6:15 PM showing through Fandago. She was here at the apartment when Daylight Savings occurred and the clocks in her house say different times. She didn't add in the additional time needed for traffic so she got here late and we didn't have enough time to get to the movie. So we decided to go to the 7:45 PM showing at a different theater. Since it was about 6 PM by that time, we decided to eat dinner before the movie instead of afterwards. We made it in time to see the movie and besides us their were only two other people in the theater. My mom had a Tom Collins and dinner and fell asleep during the middle of the movie. She really wanted to see Emma Watson in the yellow dress and she missed that part. I stayed awake through the whole thing. Kept thinking about how Hugh Jackman played Gaston in the play.

I'm going to go into a little bit of a rant now. One of the members of my autism support group has a son with Asperger's who started college this year. I don't like how she keeps posting on Facebook stories about the bad things Muslims are doing like terrorist attacks, etc... She also posted how Iran placed a travel ban on Americans after Trump banned people from seven different countries with a mostly Muslim population. She also did this sarcastic comment "Their go my vacation plans." She also recently posted how one European country is deporting thousands of Pakistanis and a meme that said something along the lines of "They're not sanctuary cities. They're harboring criminals." She recently posted pictures of her vacation in Israel and getting baptized in the Jordan River. I don't understand why she keeps posting these things about Muslims. She just comes across as Islamophobic to me. I know several Muslims who are perfectly nice people. It just disgusts me but I don't want to get into any political confrontations with her.

I recently posted an article onto the Facebook page for my autism society group about how the White House lit up blue on April 2nd for Autism Awareness day but a lot of people with autism didn't like how Trump talked about cures in his speech. She made a comment about how she didn't see anything wrong with his comment and wrote "Obama never lit it blue." I didn't post that article to be political or anti-Trump. It was about how most people with autism don't want to be "cured" of their autism like it is a disease. I've also seen news articles that still refer to autism as a disease instead on a disorder. No one calls other disabilities like Down's Syndrome a disease so why are people still talking about autism like it's a disease that needs to be cured. It just made me mad and disgusted. She's an educated woman. I feel like asking her how her son feels about people talking about cures but I don't want to pick a fight.

Personally, I don't care if the White House is lit up blue or not. It's a nice gesture but it doesn't affect me directly. It's true that Obama never did but I have never read anything about why or recall him talking about cures. What I do care about is when influential people like Trump and news outlets talk about cures and calling it a disease. That affects how the average person sees autism and thus how I'm viewed and treated. They spend an awful lot of resources into finding out which genes cause autism when they could be using those resources to research therapies and provide support systems for adults.

OK. Rant over.
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:10 am

Good evening everyone,

Winky has been busy baking again. This time she has come up with some really fantastic delights.................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cake-e11

Hog's Head - Page 32 Crispy11

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie29

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cup_ca10

She has also been busy creating new types of colored eggs for us.........................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Captur22

Hog's Head - Page 32 Captur23

Hog's Head - Page 32 Captur17

Violets are such a pretty flower, and what a delicate fragrance...................................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Violet10

Blessings for a day filled with new and happy adventures!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:00 am

My goodness!  What beautiful cookies!  And gorgeous eggs!  The elves have been busy!  Love the Easter hat cookies!  Thanks Hecate!

Always, your brother has so much fun!  Wow!  Love the pictures!  The cottages make me feel so good, just a little slice of relaxation in a picture.

Maxie may your sunflowers survive!  Best tip I have may not work, because of the size of your yard - the fishing line, strung from stake to stake, around far enough away from the plants where the deer can't reach them.  The line should be about a foot off the ground.  They can't see it, but they feel it, and don't like it.  They won't jump over, either, because they don't know how high it is.  Better than an electric fence.  Good luck!

Samtibbs it is wonderful that Jessie did so well!  Second place is fabulous!  Yes, that girl can focus!  Woohoo!  Have fun going to state!

MMD I'm glad you could still go, sorry to hear you didn't feel well.  Maybe post your time share earlier, like start next week, for your next time - until you decide to sell your shares all together.  I still think that being unwell in Hawaii is still nicer than being unwell at home.  Glad you are home!  Take care.

Work was just work this week.  Nothing spectacular.  Oh, the tornado tore up a few travel trailers and the cars they landed on, nothing major to anything else.  It landed for about 100 yards, which is so tiny compared to the mid west ones.  Just so wierd to get them here.  Took today to just rest again - after a 10 hour sleep.  I need to get back to the pool, I'm turning into a slug.  But I am starting to get things cleaned up, organized, and starting to assemble a costume!  I'm looking for some ribbon trim, like a jacquard style, with yellow and blue.  Near impossible.  We have so few stores left, I will probably drive all over on Thursday, start local and work my way south.  I have a blue and green, but just not what I had in mind.  I'm using a black, silver, bronze and gold brocade fabric as the base for my dress top, across the bust and up the shoulders.  The skirt will be pretty much empire waist, and be in blues.  Still unsure of doing panels or solid - the panels would kind of hide inside a pleat?  Ideas.  So many ideas.

Oh, and a co-worker has a dress form to loan me!  Woohoo!  I mean, I have my bucket of sand & garden hooks, but a real dress form?  Cool!  Have to get it tomorrow.better go to bed!  Nite all - hugs for all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:04 am

Hog's Head - Page 32 EasterEggCottage-AmeliaIsland-FL-FairbanksHouse
The Easter Egg Cottage, Amelia Island, Florida. Photo by Fairbanks House.

Good morning. Dobby, a few of those lovely Easter cookies plus an egg or two, along with a tall vanilla latte will be ideal.

Hecate... those cookies and eggs are amazing. Great to brighten up the mornings around the Inn!

Here's to a healthy, healing, good news filled kind of day...

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 am

Just wanted to pop in to check on everyone. Hope everyone stays safe with all the severe weather plowing through today. We made it through the morning rounds and fingers crossed the next round isn't as bad as they are saying it could be.

Those Easter goodies look yummy. The cottage is very cute, I love that kind of architecture.

Well better sign of for now, want to get some more things done before the next round of storms.

Hugs to all and stay safe!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:27 am

Weesa, I hope you and everyone else are okay with the extreme weather. Karentia also with the unusual tornado !
I have been to Hawaii many times, so it is okay if I don't sightsee.
The good part was the fresh air, some rainbows and lovely green hills. A few times we had dinner near the ocean with a good singer guitarist playing.
Lovely Easter decorations Hecate. Cute cottages Always. Nice flower Weesa.
Always, your brother has some fun times ! Glad Willow is doing well. Hi to maxecat, samtibbs, missypotter, MJS, Shrievelfig too.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:34 am

Good evening to all,

This last cottage looks like it was made just for me. I love the back porch with all of the birdhouses and that garden is to die for. I'd move in tomorrow except for the fact that it's located in FL. Too hot for me down there.

Winky was so happy and excited to here that all of you like her hat cookies she decided to make a hat cake and more cookies in different styles of hats.................................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cake-h10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie30

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie31

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie32

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie33

Pluss we also have some vintage cards...............................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Angel-10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Boy10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Chicks10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girl_310

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girlla10

It was such a miserable rain day all day long today, I certainly hope that tomorrow will be more pleasant.

Hog's Head - Page 32 Annima19

Blessings for a bright and sun shiny day! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:32 am

Hog's Head - Page 32 Old-Love-Cottage-TybeeIsland-Georgia-Mermaid-Cottage-housekaboodle
Old Love Mermaid Beach Cottage, Tybee Island, Georgia. Photo by Housekaboodle.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd love a slice of Winky's adorable hat cake topped with an egg crowned with a tiny marshmallow hat cookie, plus my standard tall mug of coffee, please.

Those in windy areas... batten down the hatches! We're back to rain here, but not much in the way of wind.

A vial of wellness potion to those who are ailing! :hug:

Here's to a healthy, healing, restorative day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:01 pm

One thing about the weather lately, it's not boring.  Hanako has been hiding from multiple tornadoes.  Every thing is ok for now.  La Nina has been throwing a tantrum across the country.  We just get the grey and wet - can get depressing if you let it. 

Love the bright Mermaid cot!  Wow!  Obviously not in an HOA.  Thanks for finding us such delightful cots and scenes to look at!  Between you and Hecate, it is so fun around here!   Wink

I'll be glad of some carrot cake for breakfast, with a cocoa.  Thanks!

Well, thought I was being silly, about staying home for days, and napping a lot.  Ross and I talked about it, he said it was very natural for me to be hibernating after being surrounded by crowds.  Oh, dear.  Friday I will be at a convention for Supernatural, the tv show.  More people, in a relatively small space.  I will be going out to do laundry, and a few shopping bits, but will be right back home for a nap.  I'm trying to work on my costume, my dwarf dress, but what I have bought, what I have, hmmmm, just not what I thought I had - don't really go together.  Rethink and will have to go shopping.  I will have to take my fabric samples with me - I think that is perhaps the perfect way to spend my time here - organizing my fabrics, and making sample cards for each character, fabric purchased, pieces I have, etc.  That way I can be isolated and not just a lump on the couch.  Yay!  Ok, see you later!  

Hugs & healing thoughts for all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Shrivelfig, people certainly can lose their manners when posting online. My suggestion to you is what I follow myself, as soon as you  see her starting to post something inflammatory or untrue as you know it, hit that  delete  button. I guess because  of your affiliation  with the group you can't  block her?

I haven't seen Beauty yet. Somehow the afternoons  slip away from me. I might have to wait for the dvd

Hecate,  the Easter goodies  are works of art.  My congrats to Winky.  She's been working hard.

I adore that bright pink cottage, Always. I've seen similar  ones in South Florida. ..but, you're  right, Karentia. ..in old  areas,definitely not under the control of HOAs.  Can you imagine?

Missypotter, I hope your husband is healing well and is finding relief.

Muggleborn and Hecate, were you rocking and rolling like  we were  last night or did the storm come up the river East of you? Glad I only pulled weeds yesterday because the hail  would have beaten my baby plants. I'll  nurse some seedlings and hold off planting the extra lilies.

Hope you're  feeling more like yourself, Magical Music Dreamer.  That's a shame your trip was marred.
Guess you didn't feel like doing much.

Karentia,  I think  I will use some spray repellent and some inexpensive motion detectors close to the house.  If I tried your clever  line trick it'd make it hard for the yard guy to mow, but if I get a chance to clean out the back raised  beds, that  would be easy to do. Already have tobacco stakes, sturdy and a perfect height  for what you described.  Thanks for the tip. Will let you know.

Wish  I had had my cell with me this morning.  I would have sent a photo of today's before and after.

Dollar General's Last Chance aisle is for items discontinued by the company.  Sometimes they're immediately discounted, other times you have to wait for a sale.
Whenever new items are brought it,the old stuff ends up there...sort of like the Island of Misfit Toys.
Because  there may only be one or two, it's hard to organize them.  Our store is large enough to have two 12 foot aisles facing each other.  Most stored only have 12 feet total ..occasionally even less...With so much extra product and so little space,it's inevitable to find chaos.

Today I had to organize 6...count 'em 6 shopping carts full of shampoos, hair color,deodorant, As Seen on TV junk, cleaning supplies. .. You know  the phrase 3 into 2 won't go?
Since  Math was never my strength, I didn't  pay  attention and made it work. Only took 4 hours but I admit it, I'm  beat. Have to work tonight to fill in for someone but it's an easy shift.  Because of last week's inventory our stock is low. Easy  to work  . Now, tomorrow?  Huge load. Day begins at 6.

Still, I can smile about my nicely organized row at the other store until I return Sunday.  Never can stay tidy long.

Better finish the laundry and get some bills ready for mailing. ..

Glad the wind storm  passed. Heard there might be snow flurries tonight. ..crazy Spring weather.

Much love to all. Will grab a handful of those wonderful cookies and try not to feel guilty about munching their beauty.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:51 pm

I haven't blown away yet. It's been so windy today. Better than yesterday though, I hate storms.

I won't see Beauty and the Beast until it's on bluray. I've seen promos and it looks like they did a nice job.

Cute cottage for sure. Hoa is something I could never deal with. The rules are to crazy in my opinion. I mean why do they need to be in control of the color of people's houses or what they can plant in the yard they own? It's nuts.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Hugs!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:18 pm

I had forgotten your area was being hit by that weather band, Weesa. We had tornado watches for several hours yesterday but today it's just cold and wet.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:34 am

Good evening to all,

However you do the math Maxecat, it must work for you. What a challenge though! Plus it must take a bit of artistry to make it all look good too. Congrats on a job well done. Here's a little something in appreciation......................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Sunflo12

Today was a much better day than the one before. The wind wasn't blowing from the NE off of the lake like yesterday either. That was just plain awful! The rain was pounding the front windows and that only happens when the wind comes off of the lake. I had checked it out on doppler and it looked like Chicago was the pivot point of a big swirling storm for the whole day. Glad it's gone, and I see that all of the storms that were running up the east coast have disappeared too. Stay dry Weesa. I'm with you on not wanting any restrictions as to what color I can paint my house or what I can put outside of it. Growing up in the country has totally liberated me from living like that. It's getting bad here too, can't have a fence over five feet, and if I remember right you can't hang laundry out on clothes lines in the back yard anymore. I was shocked when I heard that. If my life were different, i'd be back in the country again with no one to bother me or tell me how I have to live.

On a more uplifting note, Winky has been busy again with more treats for us........................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cake_810

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie34

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie35

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie36

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie37

And a few more cards from days gone by.............................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Bunny-10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girl_710

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girl10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girl-b12

Hog's Head - Page 32 Lamb10

MissyPotter and Muggleborn, are you both ok? Hope things are going well for each of you.

Blessings for a peaceful day filled with happy thoughts! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:29 am

Hog's Head - Page 32 EasterEggCottage-LucindaHutson-picPamPenick-AustinTX
Lucinda Hutson's Easter Egg Cottage, Austin, Texas. Photo by Pam Penick.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a couple of those lovely Easter cookies, and a big mug of English Breakfast tea, please.

Here's to a healthy, healing, good news filled day for all...

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MJS Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:52 pm

Happy Weekend! Just a quick check in to say hello! Everything is fine here. My rose bushes are starting to really take off. In fact so many things are really starting to grow and bloom. I just love it!
I made a stab at sketching the Rincon mountain we see from the patio. It turned out recognizable which was nice. So Bob ordered some sketching pencils and pads for me. Very basic since I have no idea if I can continue to draw anything recognizable (the mountain is fairly simple), but if nothing else it will be fun to give it a try. Especially since it didn't cost much. Next week I will start beginning Spanish. I have no illusions about becoming fluent, but I'd at least like to know some basics. I'd like to be polite, even if it is in bad Spanish. Very Happy
We went by the park model at the RV resort last week to check it out. The renters for March left the 31st and we wanted to make sure it was in good shape. It certainly was! They even left a couple bottles of wine for us! So we aired it out, and turned off the hot water heater. I also took down all the curtains so I could wash them. They needed it! I have them all washed and ironed and ready to go back up. I'll probably do that Monday. Then we will take some photos and put it up for sale. Hopefully we can sell it soon.
I hope you are all well and safe from bad weather. There's been enough of it around, especially in the midwest, and east. Heck, pretty much everywhere. Take care and stay safe.
Have a great weekend!!
MJS
MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:15 am

Good evening to all,

So good to hear from you MJS and great to know that all is well and you have new interests to keep you occupied. Hope you will be able to post a picture of the house for us to see now that the landscaping is done. I'm anxious to see it, especially if there is a mountain in the background.

Spent time on the phone with Lois tonight and we got caught up on things. She said to say hello to all of you here. She's not doing too well right now, over extended herself and the mitrocondrea (SP) illness kicked in and is causing her a lot of problems to the point of having things ready to go to the hospital.....if necessary, but she is taking her homeopathic remedy and it is working for now, but she still has to lay low for at least a couple of days. Any extra thoughts and energy would be welcome from me on her behalf.

The elves have been decorating for Easter and Spring..........................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Easter10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Creati10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Decora10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girl-b13

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girl-b14

Hog's Head - Page 32 Chicks11

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girl-s10

Hog's Head - Page 32 Girl-p10

Hope everyone will enjoy Winky's baking for this evening...........................

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cake_911

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie38

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie39

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie40

Hog's Head - Page 32 Cookie41

Blessings for a joyous day filled with pleasant endeavors! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:23 am

I hope everyone is safe from all the crazy weather that has been happening. Last week, we had a record high of 87 degrees. We had a rain band come through and that has knocked our temperatures down about 8 degrees. into the 70's.

Karentia, I totally understand about having to hibernate after being in large crowds. I get overwhelmed since I can't block out unnecessary information that my senses are picking up. My sister and I love Supernatural. We are quite fond of Castial. Cool

Maxecat, Thanks so much for the moral support. Part of my problem is that she is also an admin for the Facebook page but she never posts any articles. That is I think the first comment she ever posted and I'm sure it has to do with it because it was in a way about Trump. She's a Trump supporter which I have no problem with but she turned the post into something political. Did I mention my response was about how the point of the article wasn't about if the White House was lit up blue but that most people with autism don't like people using the word "cure" like they are some sort of "disease"? I thought very hard about what to say that wouldn't make it political or start a fight. I got the feeling that she wanted to pick a fight with the Obama comment.

It seems people lose their manners online and don't think about how others will think about them and their posts. Some of them just seem to want to pick fights. I don't like all this political stuff on Facebook and people getting into fights about it. I try very hard not to comment or even post anything political. Facebook just to be a fun place but not it's not nearly as much fun.

I'm thinking about asking the president of my support group to ask this person if she still wants to be an admin since she's not doing any administrations at all. The president does more then this woman and when the president wants something on the page, she emails me. I'm not sure why Becky even agreed to be an admin in the first place. If she's too busy to admin, that's fine with me, I haven't seen her at any of the meetings for months too.

I have some sad news. My BiL's grandfather has had several strokes and is in the hospital. Crying or Very sad His family can be a bit weird and hasn't really given my BiL any information about what is happening. They are blaming the stroke on an aunt's dog jumping up on him. I don't believe a dog jumping up on you can cause a stroke. So my BiL went to his mother's house tonight to see if they were home and if not, then he was just going to go to the hospital to try to find his grandfather. My BiL hasn't gotten in touch with us and he isn't home yet and visiting hours at hospital end at 9 PM. Sometimes my BiL likes to just drive around and listen to music to calm down.

II think this is his last grandparent. All of our grandparents have passed away so for my sister, it was like having a Grandfather again. She really liked him and he's bi-polar too. I don't know when he was diagnosed. He would give us cards and money for birthdays and Christmas. He was just a very nice man. He lives with his daughter (my BiL's aunt) in Mississippi.

I'll keep you posted.
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum