Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

Page 3 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 3 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Always on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:03 am

Hog's Head - Page 3 HalloweenTrio-1

Hog's Head - Page 3 Ghosts

Hog's Head - Page 3 Marshmallows

Good morning and a very Happy Halloween Eve! Dobby, I'll have a pumpkin pastie, a slice of pumpkin pie, and a tall pumpkin spiced latte, please. Today is a time for pumpkin overdose!

Hecate... a latte is a coffee drink made with espresso and steamed milk. Flavorings and whipped cream can be added as desired. My favorite is vanilla, but the pumpkin spiced version is great at this time of year!

I did think that pumpkin cottage had been posted before, but I don't check... too many pix in the files! Today's definitely are deliberate repeats since Halloween does bring up shadows of the past into the present.

MMD... Aloha! Hope the trip did your health and energy a world of good!

Took a pleasant autumn drive out to my friends' home yesterday to drop off a gift card for dinner for two to thank them for their help in selling stuff on eBay for me to pay for my trip to Wichita. They refuse to take a commission but will accept being treated to dinner! Had planned on just a short stop but we ended up yakking for nearly 4 hours! Guess we were all of a mind not to return to doing household chores.  Wink

Have no clue how many trick or treaters will be by tomorrow, but I'm ready for (I'm sure) more than I'll get. Bring 'em on!  popcorn

Here's to a healthy, fun, smooth flowing day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Morning all

Hecate love all the great great Halloween picts you have been posting really liven up the area, thank you! NEat you can get all you need either delivered or pickedup, how fun and keeping you busy as well! Glad to hear Jeff is happy with his decision to move, nice he is enjoying the peace and quiet! Hope you have a super week hugs dear!

Karentia good new sounds like you have a plan but I thought you had discovered you you weren't going to get any of the inheritance, nice to hear otherwise, have a great week hugs dear!

Always great collection of dear Alan and love all the fall cottages, sounds like you had a good visit and your walls are amazing are you going to will all your picts to a movie archive or such when you are through with them, what a wonderful collection? Have a great week hugs dear!

MMD nice you got a chance to get out of town hope you feel rested and rejuvinated, hugs dear!

Maxie hope all is well with you, miss you, hugs dear!

Missy hope you are well also, hugs dear!

Hello to Weesa, lady, MJS, muggleborn Shrivelfig, and whom ever else might drop by!

Dobby I agree today is a day for pumpkin, so I will start with a pumpkin muffin, and a pumpkin caramel latte, then I will graze the buffet as well, Alberforth a warm butterbeer please, yumm thank you both!

BIt chilly this morning think I will settle by the fire today and relax, have a great day all
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:46 pm

What fun to see the old Alan files.
And the festive food photos are wonderful.

Welcome home Magical Music Dreamer. Kauai is just the place to relax.

Waves hello to all and grabs a funny deviled eye ball.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:51 am

Good evening to all,

What wonderful pictures Always, I had only seen one of those before, the others must have been on a facebook thing. Thanks for posting them. The one where he/they are gathered around the fire pit makes me feel like they are here at the Hog's Head out on the patio. Alan looks good as Snape but come to think of it, I also like him in the dark beard from the Robin Hood days.

Well, I've finished two pair of child size slippers. The first pair, I'm sure will fit Mason now but there won't be any room for growth even though they do stretch considerably, the second pair is a little larger and should fit him next year. Dawn told me that his favorite color is green and I had enough of the dark green that I used on the daffodil rug and the cat and pumpkin one to make them. I think I have enough left to make a larger pair for Dawn, don't know, my hands are pretty sore right now, only because you use two strands of yarn at once to make them so they are nice and thick but it makes the knitting process rather difficult. I will try and remember to ask Laurene to take pictures of hem, so I can post them here,

Tomorrow is the big day, well actually it's today already, when the gateway is opened between the two worlds and the other side is free to communicate with those still here. I still have the big brass key that I used to tie onto my cord on all hallows eve and day, that is when Hecate opened the doorway for she is the keeper of the key to the underworld. The other things that was/is important to me on this day is the sistrum, I used different things over the years to depict one, like the one usually held by Baast.. .Don't know why, but I needed to rattle it at the opening of any ritual that I did on all hallows eve.

Hog's Head - Page 3 Bullet10
Hog's Head - Page 3 Sistru10

Now all of my rituals are done in my head, but still somewhat effective. I thought that this picture I drew many years ago is appropriate for tonights ritual..............It's called 'The Beckoning Satyr'......and he's playing his pipes to call all of the initiates to festivities.

Hog's Head - Page 3 Beckon10

Dobby has added more tasty desserts for us to sample.........Enjoy everyone!

Hog's Head - Page 3 Cake_910

Hog's Head - Page 3 Cake_111

Hog's Head - Page 3 Punch_11

Hog's Head - Page 3 Table_13

Hog's Head - Page 3 Animat17

Blessings for a night of 'well mannered frivolity' ! Hecate3fold! Hog's Head - Page 3 Animat18
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:49 am

Hog's Head - Page 3 Halloween2011

Hog's Head - Page 3 HalloweenParty2011

Hog's Head - Page 3 Halloween2

Good morning, and a Happy Halloween! Dobby, bring on the pumpkin pie, scrambled eggs, bacon, and a big mug of pumpkin spiced coffee, please.

Hecate... Actually all of the Alan pictures were originally uploaded to the Alan thread of the HPANA website, all before I started using Facebook. Just felt like bringing them back for today.

Here's to a healthy, treat-filled Halloween for all!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Happy Halloween ladies!! Today has been the perfect day. The rain stopped early so the air is fresh and clean. The wind is gusty so the leaves are running along the streets and sidewalks. The clouds are ever changing as the wind blows them by. It has been lovely.

My candy is all set out but we only get about 25 trick or treaters. It will be fun not matter. My oldest grandson is going as Harry Potter for Halloween. For his birthday I sent him a wand from Alivan's. If you have time check out the site. They make wands out of real hard wood. They come in a red velvet satchel with gold strings. There is a card that comes numbering your wand and telling you about the properties of your kind of wood and it's core. John's is: Wood Walnut; Length 15.5 inches with
Enchantment Essence of Basilisk Nails for the core. It is known for its protective nature which makes it perfect for security against the dark arts. I think he will be very pleased. I also bought him a wand servicing kit that keeps the wood in good condition. We bought one for Brian years ago when he was 11. Some day I will pick one out for myself.

Well it looks like the house elves have been very busy here. I think I will sit by the fire and eat treats and sip butter beer.

Hog's Head - Page 3 Fireplace1

I am sure the feast is going strong at Hogwarts!
Hog's Head - Page 3 Harry%20Halloween_zpsupwshihg

Hog's Head - Page 3 Halloween%20treats_zpsns7sc9ja

Hog's Head - Page 3 Healthy%20halloween_zpsuqng8kfh
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:33 pm

Happy Halloween Everyone !Hog's Head - Page 3 Bitmoj12
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:10 am

Halloooo! I got logged out, missed the weekend! MMD I will get one off to you tomorrow! Not sure where it ended up. Thanks for letting me know. Smile Glad you had a very enjoyable trip! Very relaxing and healing! Cool

Samtibbs true, first we were, then we weren't, but at last my great aunt and uncle (who I didn't know were still around) felt bad about us hearing good news then it taken away. Not bad enough to give us the original amount, but $14k each is nice! Just got it! Will put it in the bank tomorrow, let it sit & clear for a week. Earn some interest off it! Then pay those bills off! I am jumping for joy! Nothing like the street relief of paying off a few bills!

Maxie those lanterns Hecate posted are adorable! Love my jars, and am interested in making some to offer for sale myself. That is a whole other craft that will wait for later from me. They are so pretty and cute! Love your inspiring style!

I did not dress up for Halloween, didn't realize I would disappoint so many folks at work. Just not into it, and washing all the makeup off at the end of 10 hour shift? Nope. Calm night. Sweet dreams to all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:19 am

Good evening all,

That's great news Karentia.....something is better than nothing and the good feelings that come with it will certainly last for a long time to come.

Good to see you MissyPotter.  I'm very familiar with Alivan's for wands.  I haven't been there in quite a while but I loved how you enter the shop and are then 'fitted' for your wand.  If you get pictures of the kids in their costumes I loved to see one or two here.

Did you get many trick or treaters Magical Music Dreamer? Cute sign, thanks for posting it for us to see.

Always, I never went to the Alan thread at the other place, like here I just posted in one spot....with the exception of the fun one, I think it was called 'who would you do' or something like that, so thanks again for sharing them here.

Well today started out slowly with Laurene waking me around twelve thirty, the food had already been delivered and the fellow who does that got his little bag of treats that I left for him on the tray where he places the food.  The big thing that happened while Laurene was here was I got my hair washed after a period of time too long that I don't want to mention it, but it's clean and feels so good now. Just after I got back in my chair the mail came and I gave the new mail fellow, Robert, his bag of treats, and he gave me the collector pin that I had ordered from the Disney movie club with my bonus points. A very limited edition from the Finding Dory movie, now I'm waiting to get the movie when it come out in a couple of weeks so I can watch it.  After Laurene left, I started to read my emails and found one from Lois stating, or thanking me, for the invitation for her and Trish to come to  my Halloween Party this afternoon or early evening, and was glad that I had left the time open for her to decide.  She said that the menu was Hungarian goulash, apple coffeecake, home made pumpkin doughnuts, and pumpkin walnut bread.   And in spite of my suggestion to wear costumes they would not be able to do that this time, but feel free to wear yours.  Looking forward to seeing you, and so glad to hear the Japanese ambassador will be attending also.  Always love to visit with him, such and interesting, handsome, mysterious figure!  Love, Lois............................Well, that was telling me that there was going to be a party coming soon.  Trish stayed for an hour or so and then Lois and I spent the next several hours, again talking about everything and nothing.  The only problem for the evening came when her phone got very low on batter power after she used it to take quite a few pictures that she wanted and she couldn't use mine to call for an Uber car. She said that you have to have an account with them, you just can't call for one and pay cash.  So around ten thirty we used my phone and called for a regular cab to come and take her home.  It was a very nice impromptu Halloween party for all  of us.  So now I'm sort of tired and ready to drift of to dream land,......getting my hair washed took a lot out of me.

Hog's Head - Page 3 Animat19

Blessings for the beginning of November!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:42 am

Hog's Head - Page 3 Tywyn-Cottage-Anglesey-Wales-PR
Tywyn Cottage, Anglesey, Wales. Photo by PR.

Good morning. It really can't be November already, yet here it is. Dobby, bring on some eggs, sausage, and a mug of coffee, please. Traditional works today after all the Halloween sweets!

Saw quite a few costumed folks as I was out and about yesterday, including the staff at the vet's office. Weigh in time for Willow, and again, she was down a teeny bit from last time. At least it's the right direction.

Had 38 Trick or Treaters, almost double what I had last year. Used up all the treats I'd bought, even the back up bag, and finished up by using Atkins bars for the last few. I had set up my Snape and Spock standees inside the door, which were quite a hit with the kids!

Here's to a healthy, smooth-flowing day...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Oh dear...nargles, not satisfied with Halloween candy ate my post mid transmission. Rolling Eyes

so...again....

Hecate,it's a shame you never had the opportunity to experience the AR thread. It was so much fun. We chose our favorite AR character  (Jamie, from Truly,Madly, Deeply ) and  Always cleverly created these delightful scenarios. Totally improbable and wonderful. Well, you've seen some of them. I wish he had known about them.

It sounds like you had a very full day.

The weather was perfect for the holiday and we had a few princesses and superheroes at the store. We gave candy and animal crackers.  You know,  for all the complaining about setting Halloween stuff out at Labor Day,people were running around at 5 o'clock looking for face paint and candy. Sold $1800 worth of candy. Good day all around, for the end of the month.

What a nice treat for you Karentia!  Maybe not what originally thought, but it's in the bank ready for you.  Buying new things is fun but paying off old bills is a great feeling. Maybe setting aside a vacation fund?

Missypotter, I loved hearing about the latest Harry Potter in your family. I bet he had a good time with that wand. Accio candy!

waves hello to Samtibbs and Magical Music Dreamer. ...I'm starting to get in mood to bake.

we're visiting Dawt and Colin the weekend before Thanksgiving and I'm to bring pumpkin roll. Think I'll do Christmas cookies so I won't have to mail them. Good having them only 9 hours away.

time for a nap before filling in tonight. New girl is on antibiotics that are tearing up her stomach.  They do that to me, too, so I do mind taking her hours. I've been putting off a tooth extraction because of the antibiotics. ..yuck.

love to all
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Funny thing, Maxie, it is the exact amount I needed to pay off my credit card bills that have been adding up. They upped my limit, and foolish me, I went there. Well, after the payoff, two cards will be removed from my wallet, to stay in a stash at home. Back to emergency only status, like I had them before I emergencied. And once they are paid, I will trundle over to the travel agent and pay off the vacation I have planned. Then i should be able to pay off that, before I get back from Orlando. At that point, the card will be on a tight leash. I want to get clear of debt. I want out of this apartment. 2 years, that should do it.

Nice workout this morning, will meet with daughter and spare for lunch - her Bestie, Melissa. Off island for a girls day.

Hecate what a treat! Clean hair and party! Woohoo! Glad Lois was able to visit so long! Enjoy your sleep.

Hugs, later!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:43 am

Good evening to all,

I'm so tired right now, I know as soon as I stop moving I will pass out abruptly, but I wanted to get all of these pictures to you. First are the ones of the lighthouse rug, but I still haven't done any of the birds.

Hog's Head - Page 3 20161011

Hog's Head - Page 3 20161012

Here are pictures of the slippers that I made for Mason, first the small pair with the tassels, second a little larger pair before I added the tassels, and finally the blue pair that I made for Laurene with the bows. They look odd but believe me, they are both the same size in that picture.

Hog's Head - Page 3 20161013

Hog's Head - Page 3 20161014

Hog's Head - Page 3 20161015

And last but not least, a picture of Rebekah in her gypsy costume at the local town bar on Halloween.........................

Hog's Head - Page 3 Hallow12

Blessings for the beginning of a beautiful Autumn week! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:54 am

Hog's Head - Page 3 ThatchedCottageNewForestBritaid-SteveDavison
Thatched cottage, New Forest, Britain. Photo by Steve Davison.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a couple of soft boiled eggs, some sausage links, and a big mug of coffee, please.

Hecate... Thanks for the pix. The rug and slippers are great work, and Rebekah makes a striking red headed gypsy!

Had a nice encounter while taking one of my walks yesterday... met a man who is the son of the woman who used to own my house and his wife who is a Star Trek AND Doctor Who fan (plus other fannish loves as well). We were both equally delighted to find someone else who lives in the same worlds and speaks the same language! Great fun to find one of our tribe out there! Smile

Here's to a healthy, smooth flowing, energizing day for all...

Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:22 am

Wow, Hecate. ..how long does it take to work a rug like that? Is that latch hook? Never tried that. The slippers are so cute. I'm sure they'll be appreciated when those cold days descend on your area. Do you think the wool will stretch a bit as Mason grows?

Rebekah is stunning. ...so many interests,so much talent and beautiful, as well?

Always, I would comment on a small world but the Trek and Who world seems to be global. What fun to make a connection like that.

Another sparkling day. A little cool but expected 80° again later. First of November and we're not bundled head to toe? Record breaking.
In honor of the current cool, I'll have a mug of cocoa and,hmm, maybe a Denver omelet.

Loads to do today at home.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:53 am

Halloween was good this year! We made a nice haunted graveyard in the front. I have a purple/orange light shining on the gravestones, and a swirling ghost light shining on the front door. The street light kind of washes it out, so the only option I had was to shine it behind the big bush. I carved some pumpkins and put them in the graveyard.

We had a few trick or treaters. My kids dressed up, as they always do, but since they are older they resigned themselves to just hand out candy. But I figured, they went to all the trouble to dress up, I took them out anyway. I saw other teens too, so that made it better. And no one begrudged them candy, so it was a good night for them.

Hog's Head - Page 3 P_201610
Hog's Head - Page 3 P_201611
Hog's Head - Page 3 P_201612

I made my pumpkin soup, with root veggies – turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, onion, celery, sweet potato. No meat this time. Yum!

The only thing that ticked me off was the next day I noticed someone had swiped 2 of our pumpkins from the yard overnight. Glad I brought the candles in (I used the big jar scented candles in them, the front yard smelled great!) I was hoping to enjoy it for a few more days but decided I better bring my decorations in before those got swiped to.  

I had a nuclear stress test done. Had to have it in 2 parts because the first part I had a migraine. I couldn't take anything for it so it progressed until I puked! Was able to go back for the rest of it, fortunately. Doc called and all is normal! I have a great heart! Lol
muggleborn
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Yay muggleborn for the great heart! No good you had to go to the point of vomiting. Crying or Very sad Hope you feel better every day. Hey, your kids put effort into their costumes! Glad you took them out - keep encouraging them to come up with ideas, there are grown up parties and locations to go to as they get older - do you keep in touch with the other home schooled families, for any gathering they were planning? Maybe reach out to start planning a safe party for all of them for next Halloween. Even gathering at a pizza place that is centrally located would be nice.

Hecate love the rug! You have done an amazing job! Cute booties, I can see those being favorite slippers! Do you need any more yarn? I have some around here, I can send your way. Your choice. Hugs!

Took Mary out to lunch today, all doom and gloom, no more laughter. I just am having such a hard time being around her anymore. She was repeating the same subject, all the time we were out, nothing different until our soup came. We had French Onion! Yummy! Not as good as Mon Ami, but a very good substitute. We went to Red Robins, I had a gift card from my birthday. I also try to talk to Mary, but she either can't hear me, or doesn't try. What's the point? I will take her out again before the end of the year. Just so frustrating. She doesn't have dementia, she is just highly opinionated, only interested in people who show how much money they have, or men who flirt with her. Which she thought the waiter (who was very sweet, also very gay) was flirting with her, called him her new boyfriend. Rolling Eyes He was being nice, and doing his job. Just a difficult personality to be around. Try to share a story, get talked over. Plus I know if I do share anything, if she can hear it, it is the fodder for her conversations with anyone else. I'll be the silent driver.

Ah, thanks, feel better now!

I'm going to tackle the closet - going to pack up or thin out one half, so I can hang up costumes as they are completed. Then off to Ross.

Muggleborn, I have no suggestions for keeping your pumpkins, I've had them stolen from front porches, let alone a lawn. Unless they are inside, they are not safe. Glad you saved your candles!

Always what a pleasure! Finding a like minded neighbor! And happens to know the house? Cool. Enjoy!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:05 am

Been trying to catch up on all the posts.

Hecate... I hate making decisions.

My mom and I did Harry Potter IMAX Week. We saw every HP film in IMAX over three days! Before each film, they showed the trailer for Fantastic Beasts and a little Q&A with the main cast and it was different for every single film. My mom really wants to see Fantastic Beasts in 3-D and her birthday is Nov. 22 so we will probably see it on the 21st or the 22nd. Haven't decided when yet.

Been feeling a little down which is why I haven't been on for so long. It comes and goes.

Hope all is well with everyone.
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:44 am

Good evening everyone,

I was watching one of the xmas movies on hallmark when all of a sudden about five minutes to midnight I started hearing explosions going off coming from all directions. Now I knew that the Cubbies were in the world series but wasn't following the games, so I turned on the local channels and found that YES! they had won the world series.  The booms are still going off and now horns are honking all over too. Go Cubbies!!!!!

Good to hear from you shrivelfig. Stay well.

That was the second time you found a great new connection Always. Great!  Maybe this could progress into some kind of monthly or weekly get togethers.  Does she know anyone else in the area who is a Whovian too?

Maxecat,  I can't tell you exactly how long it took me because I had to wait, twice, for more yarn to be mailed to me.  The reason being is that sometimes the yarn threads are so thin I had to use two in each square and in the end there wasn't enough sent with the kit.  What was nice, at Shillcraft, is that she didn't charge me for the extra yarn or the postage.  I don't know if that would happen at any other place.  I'm guessing that if I worked on it continually it would take me about ten days to two weeks.  I finished that small cat and pumpkin one in four or fine days. And yes, this is latch hook.....................The slippers were made from regular acrylic knitting worsted, not wool, machine washable and through it in the dryer.  That's what's nice about the pattern, they stretch so much.  Two inches will stretch in to four inches easily. Dawn was here today after work to pick them up, she didn't want to wait until Saturday when she come to get me what I need from the fridge for the weekend.  I had called her because the new deliverer, Robert, said when he brought the mail today that she wanted me to call her and that's when I told her they were done. She wanted me to email her a picture of me because her oldest son, Lionel, wanted it but he didn't say what it was for.

You made my day with the picture of your front yard Muggleborn, and the kids looked great in their costumes.  I'm trying to think of reasons why someone would want to steal carved pumpkins???  To cook  down and make pie filling? To throw at cars?  does anyone else know why they would be taken?  Loved the way you did the yard.  Too bad about your bad headache, although the outcome of the test was good news.  That was a great idea that Karentia had for planning more parties for home schooled kids.

Karentia, I know you are trying to help Mary, but the amount of energy that she is draining from you.....is it worth it??  I'm trying to remember, is she the one that has the son living with her who does nothing to help?  It is very kind of you do that for her but maybe from now on start putting up some protection around you before you pick her up, just so you are not subject to all of her negativity.  It will definitely help.  Yes, I could use yarn, if it's the acrylic and enough of one color to do one pair of slippers......I already have lots of small balls of leftovers that I don't know what to do with.

Well, it's been about half an hour and the booms have stopped, guess the celebrating has gone back inside.

We are on to a new season as Thanksgiving approaches.................................

Hog's Head - Page 3 Captur10

Hog's Head - Page 3 Captur11

Hog's Head - Page 3 A28c6c10

Hog's Head - Page 3 Stock-10

Hog's Head - Page 3 Captur12

Blessings for a season of thankful giving!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:21 am

Hi All,
maxecat, are you going to Hawaii to see Collin or is he more local now?

I didn't have any trick or treaters. Haven't for about 10 years. Still have a bag of candy on "the ready.". We end up eating it.

muggleborn, I can't leave anything on our porch. I saw a kid stealing a bike today? How do I know? He was on his skateboard pushing the bike along.

Your Halloween sounds good, very creative. Sorry you got sick with the medical.

Glad you met a kindred sci Fi soul Always.

Hecate, your craft work looks great ! I enjoy making things; haven't for awhile.

Congratulations Karentia. You have nice relatives. Many of mine were very selfish. Too bad about your friend Mary. Life is sometimes a drag.

Hi also to samtibbs, missypotter, MJS, Shrievelfig, and Weesa.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:24 am

Morning all

Hecate love the rug you made it is lovely, bet Laurene will enjoy it for years to come nice work! Cute slippers bet they will be cozy and warm this winter just what you need when frost comes nipping ! I may have some yarn as well, how how much do you need for a pair of slippers? IF you don't need the small balls send them my way I'm making a Joeseph'' coat afgan and it uses up the bits and pieces, thanks for all the great picts,, hugs dear oh and they steal the pumpkins to smash them out in the street, makes a mess, wastes the pumpkin, stupid vandalism! GReat pict of Bekah she is one gypsy that would would turn heads! Have a great week hugs dear!

Karentia yep you need to put protection around yourself then you can let her rant and not be drug down, sounds like things are coming together well, have a super week hugs dear!

Always how cool whereever you go you can find someone with like interests, nice you can chat about something besides the weather, and who knows maybe you can start a get together together for coffee or such now and then, love all the cottages, they are all so different and unique, have a great week hugs dear!

Maxie yepi would say 1800 worth of candy sales was a fair amt nice you can visit Colin now that they are stateside, hope you get lots of opportunities to do so, hope you have a super week, hugs dear!

MMD nice to hear from you glad you had a good trip, hope you are feeling some better everyday have a great week hugs dear!

Shrivelfig glad you made it back, I'm looking forward to seeing the new show as well, how fun to have an imax marathon, drop in anytime even if just to vent, have a great week hugs dear!

Muggleborn what great costumes the boys look super, Jessie got lots of candy at bowling so she was happy there, we had about 50 trick or treaters, I always bring my pumpkins in Halloween night and cut them up and cook them for pies and such, I hate to see the waste of them smashed every where hope you have aa super week, hugs dear!

Missy a new POttter fan in the family perfect just what grandma ordered, enjoy! Hope you have a a great week hugs dear!

Hello to to Weesa, MJS and whom ever else might drop by!

Dobby would love to have a bagel with cream cheese, a couple of eggs and and Alberforth a mug of your house blend please thank you both!

Fire for a bit, then off to the races, have a great week hugs all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 am

Hog's Head - Page 3 HarvestCottageWrexhamUKBooking-com
Harvest Cottage, Wrexham, UK. Photo by Booking.com

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a couple of eggs with avocado, some sausage, and a tall mug of vanilla coffee, please.

Wow, the Hog's Head was lively yesterday! 'Tis the season to be convivial! Good to see everyone. After all the trip fun I had, it's been fairly quiet here, wrote a couple of letters, and mainly tried to reorganize things to use space a bit better. Have a couple more pictures to put up in the study, and still can't quite figure out where to set up my scroll saw for a midway-halted project. The saw will have to be outside somewhere but I don't really have a solid table or shelf to attach it to. I'll figure something out eventually... probably when the pile of pieces in my project room begin to annoy me enough! Rolling Eyes

Here's to a healthy, energizing day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Stayed up way too late watching the Cubs win. Had to. ..for those fans.... Don't watch much baseball anymore, but that Series was classic.

Magical Music Dreamer, Colin and Dawt  moved to Virginia Beach in August.  They are renting the house of his former team mate from Bethesda, the guy he replaced in Hawaii for that billet.
They might be there for a couple of years and then a few in San Diego, or he might be reassigned to Bethesda.  He'd like  that best. It's hard for them to start looking for houses to buy if they know they 'll be on the move again.
He still needs me to explain how his wife's mind works,occasionally, and it's easier now we're in the same time zone. Smile

A little drizzle today, gray and cooler....no work tonight, so I'm taking advantage of the down time and organizing some craft supplies. Will have to keep reminding myself to keep moving and not stop to put things together for a card or ornament.

Samtibbs, a customer who lives across from the store told Larry  he spent  $100 on candy and ran out.
For some  bizarre reason people drive from all over the county and beyond to get to this subdivision. The cars line along the road and walk their kids through the side streets. I'm not even sure there are any young kids living in that subdivision anymore. Doesn't seem fair.
We didn't have kids again.  Bowl of candy on porch still full when we came in from work.  And we do have some little ones.  I think they went to the county sponsored party in town.

Snug little cottage, Always.  Is it wrong to wish for a cottage like that on a tropical beach?

Watched Bob Roberts yesterday.  Not on often. ..quite timely ...Alan Rickman was perfectly smarmy as a campaign manager. ... Hate knowing there'll be no more performances for us. Crying or Very sad

Also watched The Uninvited today. Good Halloween film.

Well....not getting much done here at the Hog's Head, though that fire is soothing and Dobby has been asking about  high tea.

Better go.

Waves hello to all,especially shrivelfig. Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation. Traveling can be really exhausting even if you don't take in busy London and Harry's world.

Hecate,  is Dawn not going to be your postie anymore?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:14 am

Good evening to all,

That's right Maxecat, she applied for another route, which is shorter with less stairs to climb, less stress on her back and legs and finally got it.  She has been on my route for about eight years. The one thing that she promised me was that she would stop here on Saturdays when I do need her, and of course she has and will come by whenever I need her....just a phone call away.  This coming Monday after Laurene leaves here she is going to go help Lois clean the B&B apartment to get it ready for new renters the following day.  Now that it is colder out Lois has more trouble with the midrocondria (sp) and can't get it all done in one day by herself. Sometimes her friend Trish comes to help but because of conflicting appointments Lois called Laurene to help out this time. I was on her B&B site today reading all of the reviews left by past renters. She takes very good care of them and they have high praise for her.

While Laurene was here today Jeff's friend Tom stopped by again.  I guess they might be starting to have a thing going on between them. They've known each other for a long time through Jeff and I've met him before too when he was here with Jeff several years ago, but since Laurene has started to change her views on life since her son has move away, and how she has been living, she is starting to have a little more 'fun' in what she does. She has a way to go before she realizes who she was born to be but it's a start for now. Tom has had this fascination with a whip that I have hanging on the mirror next to where he sits when here. I originally bought them, one six foot and one nine foot, to use as kitty toys, but he doesn't seem to believe that is what I used them for.  The handles can be seen in the picture below between Witch Hazel and Pinky and the Brain........................

Hog's Head - Page 3 20160610

I have some 'Fall-ish' pictures to share with everyone here...................

Hog's Head - Page 3 Captur13

Hog's Head - Page 3 Captur14

Hog's Head - Page 3 Captur15

Hog's Head - Page 3 Captur16

How about some hot spiced cider and a few cookies to go with it??..................

Hog's Head - Page 3 Cider_10

Hog's Head - Page 3 Cookie10

Always, I forgot to mention how much I liked the cottage with the red wagon cart out front.  Thanks for finding it for us.

Blessings for the start of a beautiful Fall season!    Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:37 am

Congrats to the Cubs! Finally! I know some very happy fans out there!

It was a gorgeous day today - perfect day to drive! Had just an amazing day from start to finish. Work out, shower, grabbed some flowers, went and visited with my elder cousin and one of her sons (my generation, but older than me), was so nice to know she is so close, and I have an open invite any time I'm in the area. Sweet to catch up! And the check is in the bank - now to wait for it to clear. The great vibes held for visiting with my brother, we met for lunch, and catch up, as well as giving him a bunch of dad's papers he wanted. It was very nice, just the two of us. Our first real catch up since dad's funeral.

Also went to World Market, bought some goodies for Christmas already, nice to get some shopping done, and know I don't have to go back soon. Toddled on back home, dropped stuff off, picked up fliers, went to Michael's to pick up a special order matt for a print, and some frames, and some paper flowers.... But really to meet up with a friend who will have a booth at our craft bazaar! She was an employee, and I miss her. Was nice to catch up with her too. Grabbed a salad to take home for dinner, and most everything purchased is in a large pile in the dining room... A really large pile. Embarassed Laughing Celebration?

Maxie, how wonderful they are so close! Sweet that Colin is asking for your insight - hope he listens! Good luck for them finding out what the plan is for him - would help to know if they can settle in. I feel your cleaning issue. I had cleaned the closet, but the room isn't done yet - reorganizing all the storage drawers to make things neater, easier to find, like with like, etc. just takes time and so much, well, time. And I keep finding more stuff - really need to walk away from Michael's.... Nice job on the last minute candy sales! Yeah, there are two neighborhoods up here, they may get 300 kids! Yikes. But those are the weLthier areas, or the special places that decorate heavily, have kids or grandkids of their own, they attract car loads. That is when that Costco membership comes in handy for those folks (bring out a fresh pallet of fun size Mars bars!).

Shrivlefig, no pressure here. Post when you are feeling like it, read along when you have time. We are a patient group. We've been chatting like this for, what, 15 years? Since I lived on the boat, that's for sure. We are all good friends here. Feel better, take care.

Gobble gobble!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum