Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 10 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 10 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:41 am

Good evening to all,

Well, I did it again, fell asleep around ten and woke around three to turn everything off and then back to sleep until about ten thirty this morning. I do feel a lot better than I have been, I must have needed some good solid sleep, which was what I got. I like th Ugly House also, especially knowing that a hurricane wouldn't affect it in the slightest, to say nothing of a large magnitude earthquake.

Finished up the last of the legs for the 'wabbit', that leaves the tail. Was going to start laying that out on the canvas grid but couldn't get my eyes to focus. It will have to wait until tomorrow.

Here are some vintage cards...............................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Baby_310

Hog's Head - Page 10 Boy_710

Hog's Head - Page 10 Boy_ca10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Boy_gi10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Boy_gi11

Hog's Head - Page 10 Girl_210

Hog's Head - Page 10 Girl_310

Dobby, what kind of tasty treats do you have for us tonight?..........................

Yum, cheesecake Santas.......................
Hog's Head - Page 10 Cheese10

And cuppycakes............................
Hog's Head - Page 10 Cupcak21

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cupcak22

Everything looks so delicious, I don't know where to start.

Blessings for the beginning of a jolly weekend for everyone! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:01 am

Hog's Head - Page 10 Derbyshire-england-%20RoyChilds-Alamy
Stone cottage at Christmas, Derbyshire, England. Photo by Roy Childs/Alamy.

Good morning. Dobby, with my large mug of coffee, I'll gladly have one of those Santa cheesecake nibbles, plus one each of the Christmas cupcakes... oh, and an egg to make it breakfast, please.

As the facebook users already know, we had our first "real" snow of the season yesterday. So pretty to watch. Of course, today, it'll just be messy and icky from all the cars running through it, but at least the trees and bushes still look like Christmas cards!

Hog's Head - Page 10 Snow8Dec2016

Here's to a healthy, restoring, interesting while remaining nargle-free day...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi. Happy December All !!
  I had a hard time navigating this site. I almost gave up.
I am very worried. My beloved kitty is in the hospital again.
I hope he gets better.
**Update**. Vet says kitty is doing better with treatment. ** Wink
 Nice that you are having a real winter Always.
I am trying to move forward with Christmas. My niece and
her family are going somewhere. I don't post when
I will be gone on The Internet Karentia. I'll tell
you afterwards.
 maxecat, on driving trips we listen to music;
sometimes the radio, sometimes CDs.
 Samtibbs hope you get your tablet fixed.
Hecate, hope your sleep cycles improve. Lovely
pictures, thanks for them.

Have a good day everyone.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Good evening all,

So glad to hear that your kitty is doing better Magical Music Dreamer. Sending lots of good thoughts that he is able to recover completely. Give him some hugs from me when you get him home again.

Alwasy, is that picture taken from your porch looking across the street? It certainly makes a lovely picture. It's very cold here, frigid winter weather and on Mon. through Thurs. it will be around zero at night. Brrrrrrrr!

Found some nice pictures or reindeer....................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Captur29

Hog's Head - Page 10 Captur30

Hog's Head - Page 10 Drawin10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Drawin11

Hog's Head - Page 10 R_card10

Hog's Head - Page 10 R_card11

Hog's Head - Page 10 R-anim10

Tonight we have some Italian inspired cookies..........................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Italia10

And a few more gingerbread houses.............................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Captur31

Hog's Head - Page 10 Europi10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Victor11

Blessings for a fabulously holiday felt weekend for each of us! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:30 am

Yup, snow is so very pretty! Messy once everyone starts running around.

MMD I remember that, very smart! I just don't feel the need, with my area? Plus my stuff isn't very cash worthy, for a theif. Enjoy your holiday with the family! Hugs!

Hecate, almost done! Love the pretty cards! I gotcha on the sleep, I've taken so many naps lately, almost felt like one today... The body just does what it needs. Hugs!

Always, fun to have you share the pics and videos! Pretty snow fall!

Hugs for all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:11 am

Hog's Head - Page 10 Carmel-cottage-Hansel-CompletelyCoastal
Hansel Cottage, Carmel, California. Photo by Completely Coastal.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd love some of the Italian cookies and gingerbread that Hecate brought, along with a tall mug of coffee, please.

Hecate... yes, yesterday's snow photo is taken from my porch, diagonally across the street from the park's clubhouse. The little inset of the yard is from the other side of the porch... the round things are my big concrete planters. Of course, since it rained last night, today there's not much of the snow left. Just as well since yesterday it had gotten to the icky, dirty and messy stuff after cars had been driving through it.

MMD... so glad your little kitty is doing better. cat

Here's to a healthy, healing (peoples and kitties alike), nargle-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Hansel ' s cottage could be a gingerbread creation. So cute.
I love the other gingerbread houses. I admire food artists.
Have you seen someone's interpretation of Hogwarts in gingerbread?  Awesome.

Magical Music Dreamer, I hope your kitty continues to improve. It's frustrating ,knowing your concern but not being able to help. Please keep us informed.

No new dusting of snow today, but it's very cold. Sunny, though.

No work tonight but plenty around the house.
After I get done watching my old films.

On Borrowed Time
Thirteen Women

See you all later
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:04 am

Well hello ladies! I was laughing because I had been shopping for toilet seats on the internet and now the top of this page has a row of different toilet seats. They are fast in the advertising. Laughing Laughing

It seems like I come here more often than apparently I am. There is so much to catch up on and then no time to post. I have laundry folding waiting for me tonight, but I wanted to stop in here. The month is flying by and I am behind as usual. I finally got my blinds in all the bedrooms and the family room. I love the family room as it is honeycomb and stringless. It just glides up and down and stays where ever you leave it. So much easier than pulling on strings. Now organize Christmas gifts (so they are not piled in my closet) to make sure I have everything and start wrapping.

My daughter arrives on the 21st and Matt and the family on the 23rd. Not sure when Brian and his wife will be getting in. He finished school this month and is busy looking for employment. So much to do before everyone arrives. Lily is crawling and almost walking so everything has to be put up and out of reach unless she can play with it. We always have a family "Harry Potter Sceneit" contest. This year I bought the one with all 8 movies/7 books. I was going to brush up before they all get here, but alas no time. Brian always wins. I would but my brain is old and the names don't pop in my head quick enough.

Everyone is excited for Christmas Eve day. The family have tickets to the Seahawk/Cardinal football game. Grandma will be staying home with the 4 kiddos. They are all so excited. I hope the Hawks don't lose and Christmas Eve is a bit down. We have a feast that night, but not sure how that is going to work with everyone gone and Grandma babysitting. Need some house elves.

Hecate, I love all the beautiful cards and Always the lovely cozy cottages. Karentia and Maxe, I hope you both feel better and keep better until after the holidays. MMD sending healing prayers for your kitty. Not a good time to have her in the hospital. Samtibbs, if you read this, I miss hearing from you and hope things work out soon. Perhaps Santa will be generous. If anyone talks to Weeza, tell her we miss her and hope she is fine.

Dobby, may I have a cup of hot cocoa with peppermint and some Christmas cookies? I will be over by the fire.

Hog's Head - Page 10 Hotcocoa_zpsd2e3a52a

Hog's Head - Page 10 Fireplace2_zpse7ad7ba0
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:25 am

Good evening all,

Maxecat has sent me a picture of a gingerbread house from a local contest in her town. It's the inside of a room, and was done by a local bakery.

Hog's Head - Page 10 A_from10

I don't know if these are the same ones that Maxecat saw but this is what I have in gingerbread of Hogwarts.............

Hog's Head - Page 10 Hogwar10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Hogwar11

Hog's Head - Page 10 Hogwar12

Hog's Head - Page 10 Hogwar13

And here's Hagrid's cottage.......................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Hogwar14

It's snowing here again, about three inches so far, luckily it's not super cold out, but that is coming by Tuesday.  I'll have Laurene turn on the space heater in the laundry room on Monday when she gets here and hopefully the really cold snap will be over by Thursday when she comes back and she can turn it off.  My electric company loves it when that thing is running when it doesn't have to......Ka=ching!!!  Oh well, better to be safe than sorry.

I've found another lovely picture of a reindeer, actually I had it mis-filed................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Riende10

Tonight I have some decorated trees done with different themes.....................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Tree_910

Hog's Head - Page 10 Tree_110

Hog's Head - Page 10 Tree_111

Hog's Head - Page 10 Tree_112

Hog's Head - Page 10 Tree_113

Hog's Head - Page 10 Tree_114

Hog's Head - Page 10 Tree_115

And finally here is a picture of a tree from, I'm guessing, back in the thirties, because of the gaslight fixture on the ceiling............

Hog's Head - Page 10 Tree_o10

Dobby, what kind of treats do you have for us tonight?.........................

Mmmmm, candycane brownies
Hog's Head - Page 10 Browni10

reindeer cupcakes
Hog's Head - Page 10 Cupcak23

pretzel wreaths
Hog's Head - Page 10 Pretze10

And sugarplums............Yum!
Hog's Head - Page 10 Sugar_10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Animat11

Blessings for a cozy night by the fire!  Hecate3fold!

PS. Good to hear from you MissyPotter. You are one busy girl, just take it one day at a time, rest when you can and enjoy all of those kids and grand kids when they do arrive. Stop back when you can we miss you.
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:46 am

Hog's Head - Page 10 Burrowgingerbread
Gingerbread Burrow by Mezcraft. More info HERE

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a sampler of Hecate and Winky's gingerbread, cupcakes, pretzels, and sugarplums, plus a very tall mug of coffee, please. Love that you can never overdose on sugar and carbs with elf-made food!

Hecate... Thought you'd enjoy the gingerbread Burrow!

Missyp... You are one busy little house elf!

Had a nice gettogether with neighbors yesterday. One couple just finished building a gorgeous electric fireplace in their living room and decided to invite a few folks in to christen it properly with a holiday gabfest. They figured since we're all right next door, inclement weather wouldn't deter anyone! Very Happy It was quite a nice afternoon with a lot of conversation and snacks.

Here's to a healthy, nargle-free day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Molly Weasley would be pleased, I think. That's one cute gingerbread house. Lots of work went into that one.

I loved the various Christmas trees. I like themed trees...either for color or style of ornaments. And those are smashing. Very professional.
Makes me want to get out the rest of my decorations. Maybe if the kids come in for the holidays next year.

Missypotter, you will have a full house! Let us know the outcome of the trivia game. That sounds like a lot fun.

It looks like you've found a nice neighborhood, Always. A friendly gabfest by a fire is a great way to develop friendships. Are they cat people? Whovians? Trekkers or Potterphiles?
I've lived in this neighborhood for 29 years and have only been in 2 houses...and those were the people who were collecting my mail when I was on vacation.

I've a cauldron of a Mexican beef stew simmering. Larry's making his renowned guacamole and corn bread. Peppermint ice cream in freezer. Not bad for a Sunday afternoon.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:38 pm

Halloooo! Missy P, if I don't work on Christmas Eve, I'd volunteer to be a house elf! Won't know till the schedule comes out. I can cook and bake like crazy! Leave you to be with the grandkids!

Hmmm, something hot sounds good, will be nibbling through the offerings. We won't be as cold as the rest of you, the warm air off the water, and all that. Good luck to everyone! Stay warm this week!

I will pass the message to Weesa, but in the morning, little late tonight.

Hugs & healing thoughts to all!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:20 am

Those gingerbread houses look wonderful. A mug of hot cocoa and some sugar plums sound delightful.

Had a run-off election yesterday. I believe my state is the only one where if no one gets at least 51% running for a local office, then they have a run-off. We had about 10 people run for senator and in this run-off, their were only two you could pick from. My dad always ran late and wanted to be the last person to vote so he could talk to people and ask about how well the turn-out was. My sister, brother-in-law and I all voted and our last names are neat the end of the alphabet so we go to the L-Z line. We were there about an hour before the polls closed and they said that including us, the number of people who voted was less then 200. People just aren't voting. The local news said voting for the presidential election was the lowest turn-out in my city in twenty years.

My sister is finally feeling better, She's not quite at 100% but she's getting there. She felt well enough to drive and run a few errands this evening. I went with her.

I hope to have Christmas cards done in a few days.

My mom has a Christmas tree but it isn't inside the house yet. She needs to move some furniture around and clean up magazines. catalogs, mail, etc... that have been pilling up.

On Tuesday, my mom and I have tickets to go see George Takei's play Allegiance plaything in the movie theater through Fanthom Events. I think my mom still needs to get us tickets to see the Dr Who Christmas Special in theaters too.

Here's to hoping all the kitties get well soon. cat
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:13 am

Good evening all,

I forgot to mention the other day how much I liked the Hansel cottage, and th gingerbread Burrow is spectacular.  I did add it to my other gingerbread ones.  How does Willow like the snow, or hasn't she set foot in it yet?

It's been snowing all day here, on and off, with a total of about five inches accumulated on the board where the bread goes for the birds. I did get to see Holiday Affair today, and ate a perfectly ripe pomegranate that's been sitting here for over a week waiting for the perfect time. I wait until they just start to look like they are starting to dehydrate, where the skin starts to turn hard and shrink in a little, then the seeds are perfectly ripe and red. I still have one here yet and hope that Laurene will get me a couple more before the season is over because I always like to leave one uneaten, sort of as a sacrificial offering to the Goddess Persephone.

Hog's Head - Page 10 Persep10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Persep11

I'm sure everyone knows the story of Persephone, Demeter/Ceres, and Hades.

Tonight I have some vintage cards of children............................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Boy_gi12

Hog's Head - Page 10 Boy_gi13

Hog's Head - Page 10 Boy_gi14

Hog's Head - Page 10 Boy_tr10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Girl_810

Hog's Head - Page 10 Girl_411

Hog's Head - Page 10 Girl_511

And tonight Winky has made us a gingerbread cheesecake, and some assorted cookies...................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cheese11

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cookie28

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cookie29

Oh, just what I need tonight, some hot chocolate..............................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Hot_ch10

Blessings for the magical spirit of the season to touch each of us!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:21 am

Hog's Head - Page 10 SantaClausChristmasCottageLockportNY_ValuHomeCenters
Santa Claus Christmas Cottage, Lockport, NY. Photo by Valu Home Centers.

Good morning. Aberforth, I'll have one of your new gingerbread lattes, please. That should go well with the gingerbread cookies and eggs that I'd like for breakfast, please, Dobby.

Hecate... gotta love the melting snowman cookie! Clever! Willow never set foot in the snow (which is all gone now, melted by the rains we've been having). I did open the door for her to go out onto the porch. It was quite funny. She stood in the doorway and looked and looked at everything which was now covered with unknown white stuff. I could tell she was puzzled. Then, probably since it was cold, she just turned around and went back into her warm house. She wanted to check outside this morning, so I let her out on the porch; however, today it was pouring rain. She knows rain, and is not a fan, so after a cursory check around the porch, she headed back into the house, where she is now curled on top of laundry, sleeping away.

Maxe...
Are they cat people? Whovians? Trekkers or Potterphiles?
Well, one couple, the Longs, who were our hosts, have a cat, and they both are collectors of various things. Not from the fantasy realms, but still fun to look at. They are the ones who decorate for every holiday, too! The husband is a highly talented construction guy and has done an amazing job rebuilding the interior of their home, which I'm told was a complete mess when they bought it. The Nordlums have three homes (they keep this one since they have great medical insurance but it requires they live within a certain distance of their center) so they don't have any pets, though they love animals. They have some interesting stuff (a Dali style melted clock on the wall, a huge ceramic lion under an end table, etc. Both couples have children and grandchildren, so as is the norm, that's where most of their focus is!

Here's to a healthy, healing, cozy day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:26 am

Good evening to all,

We're headed for some really frigid weather for this coming weekend. I had Laurene plug in the heater in the laundry room because the nights are going to be close to zero but on Sunday the forecast said there is going to be a high of three degrees and a low of minus ten. Not good at all, but it's only for that one day, the following day will be better. Bah-Humbug!

This Santa Clause cottage is so cute, I can't quite make out what the signs say, I'm wondering if it's used for kids to come ant tell Santa what they want for Christmas. The snow around it is so pristine no footprints anywhere. Thanks for finding it for us.

In honor of the Santa cottage I'll post some pictures of Santa busy working in his toyshop....................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Santa_10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Santa_11

Hog's Head - Page 10 Santa_10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Santa_12

Hog's Head - Page 10 Santa_13

And some with Mrs. Clause helping him too.......................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Mrmrs_10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Mrmrs_10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Mrmrs_11

Hog's Head - Page 10 Mrmrs_12

Hog's Head - Page 10 Mrmrs_13

Hog's Head - Page 10 Mrs10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Mrmrs-10

More delicious treats.........................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cake_112

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cupcak24

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cupcak10

and some eggnog and fudge too.....................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Eggnog11

Hog's Head - Page 10 Fudge10

Blessings for a night of magical mischief! Hecate3fold!

Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:47 am

Hog's Head - Page 10 BlacksmithsArmsPubCudhamKent
The Blacksmith's Arms Pub, Cudham, Kent, UK. Photo by Blacksmith's Arms.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd love one of Aberforth's eggnog lattes, along with some of Hecate's Christmas-y cupcakes, and a couple of eggs, please.

Hecate... Love the Santa pix! The Santa Claus Cottage was indeed built as a place where kids can come talk to Santa. You can get more info on their website HERE. One man's dream converted to reality. santa

Since there's real wintry weather moving in all across the north half of the US, I thought a nice cozy Christmas fireplace would be more welcome for everyone!

Here's to a healthy, smooth-flowing, cozy day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Mmmmm, warm! Love the Santas and the fireside!

Taking today nice and easy. Started with treadmill time, came home to have hashbrowns and eggs, and watch Supernatural - my guilty pleasure. As I watch, I've been doing small projects - trimmed the postage off envelopes from the cards I've received so far, put up the newest bunch, got the W all decoupaged and drying, and time for lunch. It's a nice, more restful day. Cleaning is happening, at a nice pace as well. Will clean and craft all week.

One thing on fb, Hecate, is 'poking' friends. It is silly, but I tell everyone it is my way of sending you a hug. One of my friends wrote *poke all over her envelope! So I trimmed them out, and taped them to the door, between the cards! Laughing silly fun.

Read a very sweet and heartbreaking story about a Santa, don't recall where he is from. He was called to play Santa for a little boy, terminal, at the Hospital. The Social worker who called him said not enough time to get in the suit, just come fast. The family had his present ready, it was the child's dieing wish, to see Santa. Before he went in the room, he told everyone that they could be there, but one teardrop and he may lose it - so stay out if you had any feeling about that. The family watched from the ICU window, as Santa walked in and greeted the 5 yr old. He supported the child, getting on the bed with him, handing him the gift to open. The child's look of joy was heart wrenching. He said "help me Santa", gave him a hug, and passed. The dear man hugged him, rocked him, and just sat with him, knowing he was gone. The family realized what happened, and came in the room, tears streaming. The Santa took his leave, ran down the hall to find a room, and broke down, howling and crying. He thought he would have to give it up, that he would always see that little boy in every child's face. Recently he was asked to be Santa to a group of kids, reluctantly he put the suit on, and went with dread. The door opened up, and he heard all the joy and laughter from the children, and his face lit up, in a wonderful joy in the sound - he is still being Santa, rejoicing in the love of all those little children!

Just wanted to share. Hugs.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:39 pm

I saw that story and heard a phone interview with the dear man on CNN. I was a proper mess afterwards. It's heartbreaking and wonderful.

Sent my cards out today.

Have to bake.

It used to be fun....now it seems a chore.

Glad you got so much done today, Karentia.

The full moon is spectacular tonight!
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Hecate (and any others who may be interested)... Karentia asked me to relay the link to the story of the Santa and little boy...
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/terminally-ill-5-year-old-boy-dies-santa-s-arms-n695096
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:46 pm

Thanks Always - just can't manage that. Tried to copy it, just kept going to the story. Makes me cry watching him tell the story - so many feels! Sad santa Such a touching story.

Very happy! One of my special orders arrived! A bunch of Dr Who stuff, most is for Christmas gifts for my daughter, her friend, and myself, with a side of earrings to use as charms for the W, for a friend's daughter. I will send pictures of the W when I'm done. Love Hot Topic! I know I got a good sale price, so feel even better. Thought I might drive down to the closest one today, but I'm getting more done by staying home! Cleared off so much of my table, and put craft stuff away! I have more room, so nice. Need to clear more space, if Morgan is going to eat with me next Tuesday.

Maxie, I get the 'used to be fun'. The thought of a major bake just not appealing at all. What did you bake?

Love all the pictures of yummy baked treats - thank you, Hecate!

Slowing down more, see you later!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:29 am

Good evening everyone,

Thanks Karentia, there are so many great ideas of how to decorate cookies, like the melted snowman ones, reindeer, beside the traditional looking ones.  I just wish I could be baking like I used to. For me it is just like making the ornaments, each cookies was a work of art, but there is no way that I can get to the kitchen to do it, so I just find comfort in searching for new ideas on the net, and hoping by posting them it will inspire others, even those who just stop by to read, to make them.  Sometimes when I come on even at two or four in the morning there may be two or three 'guests' here.  I'm guessing that they are following the thread and what is happening in each of our lives.

I saw the article about the boy who died in santa's arms but didn't want to read it. For me just knowing that it did happen was inspiring enough, and didn't need all of the details.  The stories about the Santa house that Always posted were very inspiring also.  Had no idea that the suit he wore was a trade mark style, or that he became a teacher for those wanting to play Santa. Another person who left his mark on the world in his own way, along with the lady who made the suits. Thanks for sharing it with us Always. Oh, it kind of made me chuckle a bit when I saw the nativity scene in a fireplace, although it did look like it was made just for it.  I'm not going to put Laurene through the ordeal of unpacking mine for me to set up this year like she did last year even though the big wooden box that my dad made to store it in never made it back to the other room, it has stayed next to her chair here in the living room and she uses it sort of like a coffee table. The best things of doing it last year was that I did get pictures taken of it. Just to remind everyone the branches that are at the edges of the walls,etc. are from the maple tree that I planted in the back of the yard when I first moved back her in 1981. It was growing in the middle of what used to be one of the gardens and was about two years old when dad and I transplanted it to the back of the yard.  This picture was taken two years ago of it................I was going to post a picture of it but for some reason it wants me to sign in???? Going to post this and then come back and see if it will work for me.

Hog's Head - Page 10 20140810

I tried using the same password that I use to sign in here and it worked, but I never set up any account to post pics here. Oh well,  ............To continue, when the tree was about ten years old I had a neighbor cut the top third of the tree off so when it started to grow again the trunk would be thicker to support it as it grew......As you can see it was planted in the shade of the garage and was very tall and thin, now it's got a good thick trunk and very stable. When the top was cut off I was already walking with one cane and I sat in the back yard with a tree trimming saw and a pair of clippers. I cut all of the branches off of the main trunk part, stripped the leaves off and piled them in the garden to be buried for mulch, then took most of the branches up to my apartment to make the three nativity houses, mine and one for each of my sisters. With the very top part of the tree I made a jungle gym for my one sister's cockatiel to play on, it had a swing, a ladder and a hanging knotted rope among other things. The ladders that I made for the nativity houses inspired the one for the gym. I had to have a ladder because it was a two story house. Here are a few of the pictures to remind you, and me of what it looks like.......................

Hog's Head - Page 10 20141210

Hog's Head - Page 10 20141211

Tonight I have picture of Christmas angels..................................
I remember some of you said that you liked this one so I'll post it first...................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Angel_10

Hog's Head - Page 10 Angel_11

Hog's Head - Page 10 Angel_12

Hog's Head - Page 10 Angel_13

Hog's Head - Page 10 Angel_14

Hog's Head - Page 10 Angel_15

Hog's Head - Page 10 Angel_16

These are for Magical Music Dreamer.............................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Angel_17

Hog's Head - Page 10 Angel_18

What kind of treats do you have for us this evening Dobby??............................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cake_410

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cookie12

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cookie30

Hog's Head - Page 10 Cookie31

Owww, great!  Hot spiced cider! Just what I need on this super chilly night.....................

Hog's Head - Page 10 Hot_pu10

Blessings for the angel of Christmas creativity to touch each of us!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:46 am

Hog's Head - Page 10 ThePheasantInnTattenhallCheshire-OnionRing
The Pheasant Inn, Tattenhall, Cheshire, UK. Photo by Onion Ring.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd love a couple of soft boiled eggs, sausage, and a couple of Christmas cookies, along with a tall mug of coffee, please.

Hecate... Love the nativity pix, and yes, the little angel carrying the star through the snow is one of my favorites!

The weather forecast has us listed for snow today but so far nary a flake in sight. It is quite nippy though.

Here's to a healthy, comfy, cozy day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:46 pm

You did a beautiful job making those, Hecate. It was sweet for you to make them for family too.

It was just such a heart wrenching, but sweet story, didn't want to hurt anyone. He is such a perfect Santa, too.

Energy is down, recharging. Hugs.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:11 pm

I'm enjoying all the photos of the yummy Christmas sweets, That peppermint fudge looked rather good.

My mom and I really enjoyed Allegiance. I like how Fanthom Events will show plays in the movie theater. This was in one of the smaller screens so hardly anyone was there and it had nice, comfy leather seats that reclined. The play was filmed in January of this year. I liked how it said that George Takei made his Broadway debut at the age of 78. There was a little interview with Takei before the play and a little video of the producer and writers visiting the internment camp that was the background of the play but it wasn't the one that Takei was sent to.

It was a musical but very well done; not real depressing which would be very easy to do with a topic like that. More about hope and perseverance. My mom said she was glad she went and that it worked and she wasn't sure how it would work as a musical.

Weather is doing crazy things again. Nice weather yesterday with the high in the upper 60's/lower 70's and some rain. Hard to get into the Christmas spirit when you can still wear short sleeve shirts.

Will try to send out Christmas cards by the end of the week. rendeer
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum