Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonvale

+3
Greatheart
muggleborn
Magical Music Dreamer
7 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Dragonvale - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonvale

Post  Maxecat Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Hmmm can't find the editing button...
I keep trying for a Sakura.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Hmmm can't find the editing button...
I keep trying for a Sakura.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Afternoon all

Well I have a clover now so now I am trying for a lapis and maybe a sun so I csn sell him and get more towards my new island, did some re arranging so I have some less cluttered areas and a bit more money from sales, only a 160 million to go.

MMD would love to see you here as well!

Weesa once you get all your paths and such in make sure you send us another group photo

Have a great day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:13 pm

I've finally figured out in order to access your islands I have to shut down my tablet, start again and sign in through Dragonvale. Got to see samtibbs and Karentia today but not muggleborn.
I started rearranging one island and wish I hadn't. I do have a gemstone island starting... when it gets done I'll ask the best way to get gemstone dragons.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:52 pm

I have a gemstone island brewing too. Probably should have saved up for my their island first. Oh well.

I don't remember Marisol's Hpana name, but will pm her to let her know.

I do have a water, and an air dragon! I bought the first one of each, so I can breed more. I am glad you all were able to tell me about the boost buildings - sure are working wonders in my green belt! Cool!

I feel a bit crowded on the islands right now, I know I can rearrange more, keep playing with things. Will get it the way I want soon.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:10 am

Morning all

Leave it to us to be a chatty bunch, we are already on page 2, wish I was a millionaire would send everyone a compatable tablet so we could all see each others islands, and then Hecate could join us since I know she misses her fairy tale game and this would be right down her alley so to speak!

I have something growing that I am hoping will be my lapis but since I didnt check it's incubation time when it first started I'm not sure, do love this game though, Weesa you made my day when you got me started, thank you!

Well off to harvest today's crop of dragons, have a super day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:15 pm

A Sakura!!!!! Yay!!!! Love the pretty gemstone island..how did you and Weesa start breeding the gemstone dragons. Some are short time only, aren't they?

Also won a couple of races.. feel less a failure now.

I think Hecate should sign up on fb if only to play here. she wouldn't have to accept any friends but us.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Great idea! Now to convince her. But I can't access on a regular computer, can you two? Or is it just me? Pardon, "why is it always me?" In my best Neville impersonation.

I got my air, then bred an obsidian, an evergreen and a tree all on purpose! Cool! Have no idea what is brewing now, but the breeding takes 14 hours! Wow!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot...regular computers don't work... think it has to be an Android or something like that. Could use an evergreen...how'd you do it?

my breeding experiments produced:

Cold/ Metal =Steel
Water/Air. Rain
Water/Plant. Seaweed
Cold/Firefly. Hail
Lightning/Cold. Storm
Cold/Air. Snow
Lightning/ Metal. Magnetic
Cold/Earth. Mountain
Fire/Plant. Motley
Fire/earth. Lava
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:15 am

Morning all

Leave it to you Maxie to remember every breeding and what the results were, but I have gotten as many as 5 different dragons using the same combo's some times switching order and sometimes not, as to the gem dragons I have more trouble getting them than anything else, I have tried for some months and never gotten the months gem dragon, and other months I will get them the first try, I just find out what it takes to breed them and keep trying in one of the two breeding sites. Your islands are super and I think you are doing quite well as you have only been at it a few months, I have one breeding site trying for my lapis and the other just growing stuff to sell I love this game!

Karentia this game is set up for mobile devises only so it works on I-pads I-phones, smart phones and regular tablets and some kindles as well, unfortunately droid and I-phones aren't willing to work together so we can't link except through FB, that is why we can't see
Weesa, still I bet you are right Hecate would love this game!

Well off to see what has grown overnight, have a wonderful day all!

Dragonvale - Page 2 Ed1b7668-b413-44d7-81f6-05f19f9a499a_zpsf48877a5

won't be long now I love how this dragon changes with the seasons, ah Spring where for art thou???
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Oh heavens I couldn't remember them! I made a notebook of the dragons I had and what I needed for certain tasks. Got the ideas from the tip site but a notebook is faster than looking things up online.
Too bad some of the good ones are no longer available.

Thanks for the tip on using the treat farms going on low levels throughout the day.

So you just randomly throw dragons together hoping for a gemstone? Haven't been back to the guides for a few days.

I started dreaming about summoning dragons but I can't tell if it's Dvale overload or too much Game of Thrones. Smile
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Maxie I find out what dragons it takes to make a gem stone, and I try for it all month sometimes successful and sometimes not, if my goals have other dragons then I will use my other breeding other island for them! The nice thing is even though they expire one month, they usually return again next year, and if you are lucky at New years time as well, I have a notebook with them listed as well, but didn't record what I used to breed them,

Lapis is supposed to use a thunder and a sandstorm to breed so far I got 2 hail, a bronze olympus and a couple of of others I sold but still no lapis oh well only130, 000, 000 to go to get my 10th island

Have a great day!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:10 am

Yeehaw! Got my 3rd regular island and am clearing it now!

Maxie, I just went to the dragon sales section of the marketplace, noted which flags were at the bottom, signaling which you need to get what dragons, then threw two in that fit the bill. Until my dragons got big enough, all I got were poison & flower. They have to be over level 11 to get something good, and I think over 15 each to get a gem. As for the evergreen, just followed the flags. I don't remember other than the evergreen what I was trying for.

I did pm Marisol about this thread. She sent a smilie back... enigmatic. She can join us at anytime!  sunny 

I want to breed a blue fire, but got a second hail or lava. Will keep trying. And yes, I do pluck random ones to put in too. Hardest part is getting them fed up. I keep feeding as soon as I have cleared the farms, having a hard time letting them wait.

Oh, I did get a smoke dragon the first time! So glad I have air!

Yes, I am addicted to this game, that is for sure! But at least I finally figured out what was draining my data and cut it off. All the APS that were pre-loaded on the phone, had to disable everything but what I use, or they all were slowly draining off my data, just following my phone around all day. Creepy!

Back to clear out bushes & trees!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:04 am

Well at least we are here if Marisol or any of the others want to join us. I have no idea how it works but didn't get the Celtic dragon this year, will have to try again next March. So now I'm trying for the Lapiz and Equinox. Think I'll switch from the Lapiz to Aquamarine for awhile since it's only here for this month and the Lapiz is here for three months.

I tried a paper record of my dragons and my nephews but we kept misplacing them. Found the breeding app so much easier to keep track of things. I do right down what I'm working on and the recommended combination in case I forget.

Maxecat dreaming of dragons? I had to make sure I read right, thought for a minute I had started reading Samtibbs post. Perhaps a small break from electronics today? Say a couple hours should do it. Suspect 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:28 am

Morning all

Oh Maxie welcome to my world I dream about them frequently, probably why I like this game so much it's like living in my imagination, I would so be one of the visitors to all the islands, staying in the hotels and studying in the libraries, hope you are having a wonderful day dear!

weesa I gave up trying to figure out why one time something works right away and others no matter what you do nothing seems to be doing what you want, still I love all the dragons so it doesn't much matter to me what I get, depending how often i get to the site today I should be able to buy the 10th island either this evening or tomorrow sometime, then I will see what needs to be done to enlarge and move different habitats around, did I mention how addicted I am giggle!

Karentia love your islands they are doing very nicely, hugs!

Hope muggleborn and Marisol can drop in now and again we are so chatty and it will be nice to give and get hints and tips as well!

Well have things to do, have a great day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:29 pm

I was so glad of the tip that you want your boost buildings to be close to your specific habitats, and to group the habitats away from their opposites. So I made the new island all for water and ice. The second for now is earth and air with the stadiums. I guess island #4 will see a further change. Looking forward to getting my dragons big enough to get interesting combos. I'm coming along well, just also working towards buying the next bigger size farm, should help in feeding those silly greedy guts!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Just had the chance to visit all your islands. So much fun seeing how others organize their fantasy islands. Laughing  at least until you need room to expand your habitats.

samtibbs, I see where you only have a few hundred thousand to go before you can get that 10th island. I'd need a huge tablet to scroll through all your places. I love the little decorations...the snow globes..the blue globes and all the other buildings available at higher levels. wish there was a way we could 'loan' out funds.

I'm constructing my 5th.  Not sure what I'll do with it yet. I might move my sun and moon habitats since they're not producing any income yet. I have so many mouths  to feed but at least I can sell the duplicates. The more variety the better your chances at the  tasks. At the race track I even won a part of the Perch! Awesome.

Now I need tons of food for my babies. There aren't  many decorations I want at the moment..I want income production!!! I wish we could still get those pretty red rose gardens. February only?

I think the dreams come with all the colorful graphics. I love the evolution of the dragons..guess the more impressive ones come with more experience.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Afternoon all

Maxie I know what you mean it is soo much fun looking at all of the different islands and seeing how we each decorated and arranged them, love how Marisol is using paving stones to cover everything, really makes the habitats show up!

I am trying for a Spring dragon now along with my lapis don't know, if i will get either one but like you said I can always sell the duplicates, you are doing very well and getting all sorts of dragons it is addicting isn't it.

Karentia yep the boosts are great, hope when I get my next island I can rearrange and separate mine so they go together the way it is best for them, I still have a few that are crowed, also want to upgrade a few of my habitats, just enlarged my storage so I can get rid of decorations that don't fit the season too fun!

Wish muggleborn would come over here so we could give her some hints, she should be ready for a second island and such!

Weesa it's time for you to post a pict of your islands for us so we can see them with their paths and such!

Have a wonderful evening all1
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:44 pm

I started to rearrange my islands and got annoyed with myself. I had taken so much time balancing the shapes and colors at first and then changed it..now I'm used to the changes. That old OCD kicking in... Laughing 

I don't know Marisol,at least I don't have her in a friend's list. How does she use stones? She paves her island then puts buildings etc on top of them?

I try to envision visiting my islands and what I'd like to see. Obviously in real life there'd be many more inns and restrooms.

I still don't know how to approach breeding for a gemstone. I looked at the guides and all I see are the gem icon whereas with the others there are plant,fire,metal,etc.

I notice once you start building up your islands it's easier to keep the dragon coins at a higher level with all the habitats contributing to income. Wouldn't real life be great like that????

I'm getting so much better at racing I'm glad I didn't sell the track. I wish we could print out photos of our dragons. As babies they are so cute and as adults some are spectacular!
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:12 am

Marisol paves everything right up to the edge of her habitats, like in a zoo or something. Just enough open space for a building, or habitat. And her habitats are on the first level for the most part. I think she has 4 islands? Just a different way.

I was so excited to see what I bred, then got a duplicate. *sigh* Trying to feed up my babies, but I have to upgrade more farms I guess.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:34 am

Morning all

Yep Marisol's are like visiting parking lots with islands of dragons just looks different, not much greenery, not sure what I like best but I decided to settle with how mine are growing and leave it at that!

Maxie the gems are bred almost exclusively by breeding different hybreds together, they can't breed themselves they just look pretty and give you gems depending on their level, some of them 4 or 5 a month, I have a horrible time getting them but I do enjoy the few I have.

Karentia your islands are coming along nicely! hope you are having fun with the game!

samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:53 am

Oh, yes! First thing I check in the morning, last thing at night, with quite a few visits during the day! Very addicted! I just want to do the whole growing and feeding faster, just takes patience, and more cash! And just when you get the cash, oops, just bought something else because I got distracted.  Laughing 

Its all good and fun! And have plenty of time on my plan for the rest of the month, if I stay off Pinterest! That is even more addicting than Dragonvale! And I have more people following my boards there every day! Cool!

So I need patience. Which I usually have in spades! Except it seems in raising dragons, or oil painting. Ha! Can't handle waiting for oil paints to dry, I end up turning things to mud. Acrylic is a quick medium - put a layer on, dries fast, then you can put another wash of a layer on. Only medium I've found to really create the depth, and luminosity of skin. Its not just a peach, or pink, or yellow, or brown. Oils you can't do washes like that. OK, way off track! Later!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:20 pm

Great analogy between oils and dragon raising...even my Paint by Numbers were a mess...gotta love acrylics.
Damn Skippy! Clearing the fifth island is a money sucker.A million to clear a huge tree? Yikes.

So to try for gemstones you just keep breeding hybrids?
Any level limits? Only a couple of my newest babies are less than 8. Not sure if it's better to concentrate on feeding one up to 15...or spread the food across the board and raise them slowly. Gee the higher levels take thousands of treats to move up.

Managed to find a couple of party hats at both your islands. samtibbs I can never get all yours..or I forget which ones I've visited... love your dark dragons...very dramatic.

This game must really feed your love of dragons. Smile
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 am

Maxie there are 3 hats in each of your friends habitats per day. I count audibly as well as sticking out fingers as I go. And be methodical Miss OCD. *tsk* me having to tutor you in counting? Remedial potions for you miss!  Laughing 

Seriously, if you swing all the way left or right, just be methodical about scanning each island before turning to any other. Slow & steady finds the party hat! And I noticed they even show up in empty habitats! Don't overlook any habitat! Have fun!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Afternoon all

Maxie if you want to get a olympus dragon you might try a sandstorm and a thunder, it is supposed to give you a lapis but so far I have gotten 3 bronze olympuses, good to sell as I already have 2 of them, Also they say you can breed a blue fire and a firefly and get a spring but I just got a sun dragon you never know cause I also go a crystal, a hail and 3 storms, to breed the better dragons they need to be a level 10 or above and you need to be level 16 or above, so keep on keeping on and have fun

Yep Karentia I always make sure I find all three before I go to the next island, no sence missing out on free cash.

Have a great day all,
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum: