Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pottermore

+3
Maxecat
Lady
samtibbs123
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pottermore - Page 2 Empty Re: Pottermore

Post  Always Sun May 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Karentia... what's your Pottermore name? YewKnight5243 comes up as being in Hufflepuff, not Ravenclaw.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun May 20, 2012 2:53 pm

Lolz, I misspoke! I am in Hufflepuff, yellow & black badger. Wow, really out of it if I got that wrong. Thanks for catching that Always! Shocked Suspect Laughing Rolling Eyes This head cold is more effecting my head. yuck.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 29, 2012 11:12 am

Welcome to Hufflepuff Karentia bounce In case people haven't been to Pottermore lately there are new book excerpts to be found and also a new message on the gateway page.
Mine currently says:
Did you know that sycamore is the most common wand wood on Pottermore?
Over 180,000 of you have this highly-prized wand wood.

In addition to this they posted a message on the blog that they are working on CoS sounds, so hopefully that means it will be opened soon.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 am

Pottermore.com platform updates
Monday 11 June

Chamber of Secrets update:
Last week, we were editing sounds in the studio for the Chamber of Secrets and we're now working on finishing artwork for Chapter Eleven, The Duelling Club.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:07 am

The Pottermore House Cup is coming and house noticeboards are here!
Pottermore students have been working hard on their potion-making and duelling skills to earn house points for their respective houses.

Those points have been gathering and, with the numbers building up to impressive heights, we can now announce that the Pottermore House Cup will be awarded soon!

The house with the greatest number of points will win the Pottermore House Cup, so keep up the duelling and brewing!

We’ll be posting updates regarding the Pottermore House Cup both on the Insider and on the Pottermore Gateway, but also somewhere else...

We’re pleased to announce that each Pottermore house now has its own noticeboard. Your house noticeboard can be found in your house’s common room on Pottermore – make sure you visit to stay up to date with the latest house news as we begin the countdown to the announcement of the Pottermore House Cup winner. It’s an exciting time, so keep up with your brewing and duelling!

Good luck to all houses!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Four chapters of Chaber of Secrets has been open. Small help - I found that sometimes you can find something that can help you in chapter you searched before, so it is wise to go back and explore chapters again and again :-))
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:31 pm

In trying to go back and recheck the chapters,Lady,I could only get to Chapter One ...the site must be over loaded or my connection is slower than usual.

I still could not find anything other than a jar of honey in the Dursley kichen and absolutely nothing in Harry's room when he first meets Dobby. Dobby's ear moved but that's about it. I found the screen very,very dark.
The first time,I managed to keep the pudding in the air for over 14 seconds...this time when I tried it moved a lot more and I couldn't control it.made a big mess Rolling Eyes
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Ok made it through to de-gnoming the garden in chapter 3 and now I'm stuck. Dratted gnomes just keep flying backwards. Seems you can't move on til you get atleast 4 gnomes out of the garden. Oh well maybe later. Did manage to find a couple of Chocolate Frog cards and got several ingredients for potions, some Bertie Bott's Beans and some cutters. Won't say where but make sure you zoom in on each scene. The only place I didn't collect anything was the view of The Burrow.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:43 pm

What did you find when Harry found Dobby in his room?

I've had more than four gnomes head over the wall but they didn't count. I'm afraid I'll be stuck in the garden.If there's no way of getting ahead I think I'm quitting the whole business. I'm not sure how fast your connection has to be for these graphics but either mine are too slow or the rain has slowed them the past few days.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:52 pm

All I found was a Chocolate Frog Card and Dobby twitched his ear. I start in corner of each scene and move the mouse back and forth moving down a bit each pass to find things. Oh also got a new bit of info when in the scene where Harry is escaping, about Technology.
It might be that they don't have chapter four done yet is the reason you can't move on after de-gnoming. I think dial-up is probably a bit slow but when your dsl is functioning proper it should be fast enough. It's to bad you can't get broadband. We have it and I have to say broadband is the fastest connection.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Well, speaking of Technology, we've tried Verizon 3G which has some limitations and you're penalized if you don't download large files before 6am,and the Hughes satellite system seems very unreliable, so...our dial up company has a dsl service that might finally be available in our area so we might check into that.

the bit on living without Technology was fun to read.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:10 pm

We get our broadband from the cable company it's great and no penalties for downloading at any time of day.

Yep the Wizarding World has it better in my opinion. I hate relying on technology to do things especially on days when the weather interferes with service. Would be so nice to just wave a wand.

Update: Made it past the gnomes bounce Oh Maxecat make sure you have clicked the compatibilty thing (ripped page) so you can collect everything. I clicked on the gnome part and once it refreshed the page I was able to collect one of Lockhart's books and get past the gnomes.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Did I miss something? a ripped page?
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get on Pottermore since early yesterday. I'll try again later after the rain stops.

Good news for you getting past those pesky gnomes!
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:36 pm

It's the little torn page icon in the browser address bar. You had to use it a while back for something can't remember what. confused

And chapter four is up and running, make sure you look through scenes carefully, lots to find.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 pm

hmmm...well, it must have been quite awhile back because I've no memory of it.Still found no chocolate frog card ..only Dobby's ear wiggle..

I managed to get 3 gnomes over the fence...sent a couple really flying ..got extra points...but I didn't have enough time to get the fourth. Letting go at the right time seems to be the difference.

The rain knocked me off the site,so I'll try again later.thanks for the hints.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Ok there is a blog that's a good place to get help finding things. Had to look it up because I was baffled as to where to find one particular item Suspect . Just click here to get to it. Hope it helps out.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:30 pm

That's a cool site...I think I better write down those items to look for and check them against what I found. I believe I have all the beans..but I didn't get any more cards....looking forward to getting rid of those gnomes. Just have to get my timing down better. thanks Weesa.

My impression is Pottermore is open to everyone tomorrow..is that right?

I finally vanquished those gnomes,even got extra points for a couple of super shots...but that extra length takes time off the clock. I've found the chocolate frog card in Harry's room but I swear it wasn't there the other 5 times I looked Laughing
Love,love,love Floo Powder! and I've opened the hall closet ...a sprout bean? ugh tongue
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:50 am

Yep Pottermore has been open to everyone since April. Love how they did the House Cup winner then launched CoS. Although I do hope that we don't have to go through that for every book and it would be nice if they could get the other books out faster.
Your welcome for the link. Yep floo powder is neat.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:14 am

Oh,I thought the comment I read suggested the CoS section would be opened to everyone now.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:17 am

It is open to everyone but they just don't have all of it there yet, it seems to be taking them awhile to get all the scenes and sounds together. It goes through chapter 4 at present.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:24 am

Gotta say that flinging the garden gnomes over the Burrow's fence is somehow quite satisfying. Fred and George would be pleased!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 am

New chapters are open!
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 am

I got the email too. On Chapter 11 and really need to take that remedial potions course. pale

Lots of fun things in the new chapters. bounce

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Uh oh, I tried to brew swelling potion to have a chance to explore Snape's classroom. I failed just after one hour of brewing due to the cauldron temperature. Sigh. Next try maybe tommorow.

Weesa, you are right. I like these chapters much, more to explore and more fun than before.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:20 pm

I don't have the time to sit around for a fictional potion to brew,not even for Prof Snape.I do like reading the little extras.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum