Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missypotter's Creative Talents

+4
Lady
Maxecat
Admin
samtibbs123
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Missypotter's Creative Talents Empty Missypotter's Creative Talents

Post  missypotter Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:42 pm

I am trying to post pictures of my quilt and blankets. Here goes...

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN20120003

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN20110002

This is the first receiving blanket. My daughter in law loves purple so I thought she would like it.

Last edited by Weesa on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title change)
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Missypotter's Creative Talents Empty Re: Missypotter's Creative Talents

Post  missypotter Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:46 pm

This is the other receiving blanket. It has a small yellow checked back which is a little hard to see.

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN20130004

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN20140005

Both blankets are flannel on both sides.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:54 pm

This is the crib quilt.

Front

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN20150006

Back

Missypotter's Creative Talents CopyofDSCN20170008

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN20160007
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:00 pm

This is a shot of the front and back.

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN20180009

Here is a picture of the pink teddy bear I am sending as well. I love you

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN20190010
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Beautiful work Missypotter. I'm afraid I'm not much in the sewing department much to Mom's dismay. I've always admired the work of those who are able to though.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Hey missypotter,
Your quilts and bears are cute. They are very homey looking...which I think is great in a comforting way.
I think your work is good, much more than "minimal."
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:58 pm

I went back through my pictures and don't have very many of the other quilts I have made for the boys. I did find a couple with my grandson on them.

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN14430046

I liked this one as he is wearing a ducky sleeper that matched the blanket.

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN14410044

Here is a different quilt I made for him. This grandson is 2 now.

Missypotter's Creative Talents DSCN15180084
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Really adorable missypotter ! Smile Your grandson looks like a boy....with some babies, one can't tell.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:13 pm

So sweet little boy! I love the photo with sleeper. All blankets and quilts are beatiful. You are very handy. Your DIL will be pleased for sure. I hope you can post a photo of your new granddaughter here soon. I love you
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:38 pm

I would love the purple,too,missypotter..I love the sweet pink patched quilt...so sweet. Hand tied. It must have taken a while. I didn't think to photograph my old quilts.Some were baby crib size panels that I embellished with embroidery sitches. It's only in the past few years I tried actual piecing work..and then I forgot to document them...I had a cute one with hot pink and lime green,frogs,if you will.

I like making receiving blankets,too. They're easy,work up fast and you know they're going to take the place of a hug from you at some point.
Ducks are the best! so cheerful.

good work missyp
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:41 am

Lovely work missypotter, I would love to have a sewing area set up but I would need a machine that could handle shoe leather as hubby thinks every machine was created to sew through 20 layers of denim, he stripped the gears of the last 3 machines so now I just go to my friends house to sew, but don't get there often.

I really liked the one with the ducks cute picts, your grand son looks a bit like my youngest did when he was little, we always had people saying he looked like a boy while they were certain Michael was a girl himmm maybe it was because Dave was bald and Mike had long blond ringlets, who knows!

Still I would never call your work minimal, they are lovely and I am certain much appreciated and used!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Missypotter's Creative Talents Empty Missy Potter's Wonderful Talents!

Post  Karentia Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:10 pm

They are beautiful! Your kids and grandkids have a piece of you closeby with each one you make. They are lovely! Thank you for posting - I've always wanted to see them, thank you.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:00 pm

You are all so kind. Samtibbs that is one of my big problems is I have no place to work. All my sewing things have to be put away in different rooms. I usually sew when hubby is out of town. That way I can turn my kitchen into a sewing room with things every where.

Quilts are more difficult over the past few years since I lost my knees and couldn't get down on the ground. The last one I made on the ground was for my son before he went to college. I got on the floor and then had to drag myself around a king size quilt to pin it all. It took a while to recover for that. Now I stick to crib size quilts. I have a twin size quilt partially made for my oldest grandson that I will finish and give to him when he is about 8. My mother did that for my kids and they have them to this day.

I am happy you all like them. Embarassed
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Oh, how I know about those quilts on the floor...for pinning there doesn't seem to be a better place but what a hassle. I will set my pieces on the dining room table with all the leaves put in only to have the cats jump up and rearrange them.
Actually,one of my nephews got a nice play quilt that Maddie designed.When she stopped surfing the table and left the pieces alone,I figured she was satisfied with the pattern and so I finished the quilt top.

My talented kitty.

I know your family will treasure these pieces,missypotter...I loved a red work quilt that had been made by one of my Dad's aunts,or maybe his mother..I never knew the story,only that it was old.Had it been made for me it would have been even more dear.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Maxie I have a quilt my grandmother made for me when I was little, it is twin bed size but all hand sewn down to each sunbonnet sue stitched together and on the backing, she had a quilt frame that was set up in her bed room and when it came time to quilt she was there for hours on end, she made dozens of quilts and affgans doilies and such, a true master of her art!

I had a friend that made my oldest son a crazy quilt out of odd pieces of material and then accented each piece with embroidery he kept it until it fell to pieces, he made me had wash the scraps which he folded and still has stored even though it is no longer a quilt

Missypotter I can bet your kids and grand kids will cherish each and every stitch!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:00 am

I have a full size quilt Mom made for me when I was in high school. Took it with me to college and used it for years until it started to separate in places. Been trying to get her organized enough so maybe she can repair it. Was once offered $1,000.00 dollars for it but turned it down. You just can't put a price on the meaning behind such a gift. I'm sure your grandchildren will keep their quilts for many years as a special memory of grandma.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 am

Yeah, the sewing completely bypassed my mom. And grandmothers. I'm the only crafty one in the family. Everyone else is craft & diy impaired. Another reason I know I was adopted! Hahahahaha! I know a great grandmother did some sewing, but now have no idea who it was. Just have her sewing box - which is clear plastic, so not even that 'old', maybe 45 years? I had some kiddy treasures in it for the longest time.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Happily,I was adopted into a group of women who did sew. My nana taught me how to embroider (but not how to keep things organized) My mom helped me learn to sew simple things on the machine.My aunt was arts and crafty too.
I wish I could make clothes better..it was easy in the 60s and 70s...a simple rectangle could make all sorts of outfits. Because we wore uniforms to school,my dance and sporting event clothes were hand made (and very nice..I liked being different from everyone who shopped the same store)

as for the value of old quilts...Larry's uncle told me while most of the family members were still burying his mother,some of the elder nieces were ransacking the family home of the anitque quilts and other hand crafted tools.That he shared the family home as his mother's caretaker didn't seem to make a difference to them. Family.... No
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:34 am

I thought I would share a few pages from my scrapbooks I made this summer.
The first page is a sample of one of my daughter in High School

Missypotter's Creative Talents CopyofSeptember2012001

This is one page about my son's wedding. That seems so long ago. Smile

Missypotter's Creative Talents September2012014

The next is more random pictures of Allison.

Missypotter's Creative Talents September2012010

The last page are pictures of Allison and the Grandson's.

Missypotter's Creative Talents September2012020

This was Allisons scrapbook so that is why she is in most of them.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:31 am

Great work and such wonderful ways to recall special times in your children's lives.

Had there been such fantastic materials around when my kids were small, I might have tried the same thing. When they were older scrapbooking started to become the rage,but they told me to never,ever,embarrass them with such frou frou stuff.

Since they weren't in sports there are no newspaper clippings but I did save some musical playbills,and some photos from them in all their glory. Since they don't have kids of their own there's no one to pass the stories to.

I don't think your talents are so minimal,missypotter and I know your family appreciates the thoughts going into the pages.I bet you had fun reliving the events while you were pasting away. Smile
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks Maxe. You are right I had so much fun picking out paper, stickers and going through their lives in pictures brought back so many fun and wonderful memories. I am sure I enjoyed it more than they do.

It was funny to watch the kids though. They don't remember so much until they see a picture or two that reminds them. I think their kids will have fun seeing them at different ages and what they did in high school.

I still have Brian's to put together, but it will be a while before I tackle that project.

I was in a mood when I named the page. I might change it if I could. Not sure how. scratch Not as talented as some, but do have some skills. tongue
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:40 am

Nice job missypotter. One day I would like to do it for boys too. I'm collecting their photos from kindergarten and their drawings.

Maxecat, can't you do it just for yourself? It would be nice to have memories and photos in one book and when you miss them to have possibility go through their lives. Just an idea. I know at that moment you are very busy with job and house, maybe later?
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:45 pm

I agree Lady. I plan on doing one for myself. That way all the pictures will be in one place and then I can write down names, places and dates before I get to old to remember...actually it is a bit hard now. Laughing

I don't like having pictures in drawers and boxes, etc. I have most of them in one area of the family room, but it would be nice to just have them in a book.

Someday when things settle down. bounce
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Missypotter if you would like the name of this thread changed let me know and I'll take care of it for you.
Love the scrapbook. One day I may have time to assemble some of those myself.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Fun scrapbook! I don't know if I could do one, but I sure enjoy working with all the supplies to make other things! I applaud you making them for your kids, grandkids & yourself! All my photos from the family are in plastic bins, seperated by person, sent off to other family members, or in an old trunk, waiting to be sorted. Somehow I became the holder of them all.

And yes, you have talent! Quilt, scrapbooking, and more! You are an awesome mom! :hug:
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next