Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

+13
rainsom
Larka544
samtibbs123
ladyhawke
dazlious394
Magical Music Dreamer
Karentia
Maxecat
Juicybit
missypotter
Tamsin Yeobright
Potions Mistress
arcadia
17 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Karentia Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:16 am

Love the Snape as Neo - fun & cool.

Very nice photo of AR, reminds me of something done with all the classic horror actors in an earlier time - Christopher Lee for sure. Love a good dramatic pose!

Yuppers, waiting is such a past time of itself.... o.O
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Maxecat Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Just caught Snow Cake for the first time. Sundance Channel. What a lovely film...Sigourney Weaver is just phenomenal and AR simply splendid.. I wanted to comfort them both. I love you
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 Butler-promovideo

Finally there's something online today... a promotional interview with Alan on "The Butler". You can view it here.

Maxe... Glad you finally got to see what is one of my favorite Alan films!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:16 am

Lucky Maxie! It is on my list to buy... one of these years.

Oooo, I'll wait for a library trip, with my headphones, for that interview. Will love playing it a few times, I'm sure! Thanks for the update Always!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 CBGB-hilly-kristal-

The just released trailer for CBGB is here.

Can't say I'm eagerly awaiting this... but (sigh) will have to see it... Ah, Alan, what we endure!
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Wow! He could do the Bob Ross (The Joy of Painting) bio-pic!
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:58 pm

*rolling on the floor, laughing hysterically* Bob Ross - 'such happy little trees!'
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing  I know...he really was a little creepy but so sincere....and he did make playing with paint seem less intimidating. My son used to force his fraternity brothers watch BR's old reruns on PBS. I think they turned it into a drinking game...maybe every time he said 'happy' or hummed a little they had to take a shot or sip some beer (it was on at 1pm...early even for frat boys)

I wish I could find a BR original. I'd give it to Colin as  wedding gift.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 APromiseDesk

Very nice pic of Alan in "A Promise" (premiers at the upcoming Venice Film Festival) courtesy of the Polish Fans of Alan Rickman. I'm looking forward to this film. Opted out of going to see "The Butler" last weekend. For three minutes of Alan in a film that... well, let's just say I'm not interested... I will just wait till it's out on dvd in the $5 bin. Guess the next one out will be CBGB. That one I'll likely go see since Alan has a major role to play in that one (even with the wild wig). Hope "A Promise" is released soon... that one looks much more promising (no pun intended Wink 
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Good picture of Alan Always. Looks a bit angry though. Thanks for keeping us updated on all matters Alan. Laughing 
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 APromise

Here's the second pic from "A Promise"... Mugglenet also posted the photos. Nice to see they're still keeping up with the HP cast!

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 CBGBsmile

And this one is a rather nice shot (love the smile) from "CBGB" courtesy of IMDB. One can almost ignore the frizzy hair in this one...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Good pictures. He sure looks different in the 2 movies.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:32 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 GreatOrmondStreetHospitalCardiacWard2013

From The Express: www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/426737/Stars-works-of-heart-for-children-s-hospital

Stars’ works of heart for children’s hospital

A HOST of celebrities have tapped into their creative sides to make art for hearts’ sake.

Ronnie Wood, Jessie J, Jade Jagger and Olympic hero Victoria Pendleton are among 13 high profile figures to donate a picture to help extend a cardiac ward at Great Ormond Street Hospital.

The budding Picassos, who also included actors Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, Russell Tovey and Bill Nighy, produced their own interpretation of a design created by Emilou Makes, a freelance illustrator.

The original pen and ink sketch is a simple design of heart-shaped balloons inspired by the children’s cardiology unit at the world famous children’s hospital.

Money raised from the sale of the pictures will go towards a four-bed bay on the ward.

The 13 works, priced at £1,000 each, have been produced by an array of people, including actors, presenters, artists, designers, musicians. Among them are celebrity lookalike photographer Alison Jackson, architect Zaha Hadid, jewellery designer Theo Fennell and fashion designer Giles Deacon.

Harry Potter star Bonham Carter created an intricate and eccentric design.

Set against a blue sky, her balloons are made up of lists of the things loved by her two children – Billy, nine, and Nell, five, with film director Tim Burton.

In the corner a cutout caption reads: “Everyone should carefully observe which way his heart draws him. And then choose that way with all his strength.”

Actor Alan Rickman designed hearts to look like flowers in a vase.
Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 APromisePressCallByLucaTeuchmann
"A Promise" press call photo by Luca Teuchmann.

Meanwhile... Alan is now in Venice for the premiere of "A Promise"... you can find a first review here. This film looks like one I will find far more interesting than either of the two latest AR releases...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:59 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 CBGBPremiereNYC
Photo by Wenn

Here's a pic of Alan at last night's New York premiere of CBGB... looking good (though the film is getting so-so reviews)...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:32 pm

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 Invisible-woman-uk-premiere_4043601
At the Invisible Woman premiere. Photo by Contact Music.

Oh to be a pal of the Royal family...
story...

Helen Mirren, the actress who has twice played the Queen, is to perform before the monarch at an event in Buckingham Palace.
Mirren, 68, won the 2007 Oscar for best actress for her depiction of the Queen in the film of the same name, and reprised the part in The Audience at the National Theatre last year. The actress is reportedly now expected to perform at an event at Buckingham Palace to mark the Queen’s six decades as patron of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (Rada) later this month.

Rada has discussed the possibility of Mirren playing the Queen but it is thought she is more likely to play Elizabeth I, The Sunday Times reported. Mirren has met the Queen on several occasions and has had a private lunch with her.

The evening will entail about 20 minutes of performances between speeches and conversations with the actors. The event on Feb 17 could also feature Helena Bonham Carter, who played the Queen Mother in The King’s Speech, and Cate Blanchett, who has twice played Elizabeth I on film. Judi Dench, another actress to have played Elizabeth I, will attend if her filming schedule allows, while Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock have also been invited, the newspaper reported.

David Tennant, who recently played Richard II on stage, Hugh Laurie, who acted as George, Prince of Wales, in Blackadder the Third, and James Fox, who played George V in WE, are also expected to attend. Benedict Cumberbatch, Alan Rickman and Tom Courtenay will perform a scene from the play The Dresser.

“It’s a celebration not just of Rada, but of acting more generally,” Edward Kemp, director of Rada, said.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:04 am

Sounds like a great event to bad we can't all pop in to watch. Alas I know no royal family members.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:42 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 Birthday2014

Happy Birthday, Alan!  king 
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Here is Alan dressed up as Snape on his birthday.

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 SnapeBirthday2008-large

Happy Birthday Alan Rickman in his famous role!!
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:52 pm

Belated Happy Birthday to Mr. Rickman. Just finished watching him as Sheriff of Nottingham, he's the best part of the movie.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:21 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 APromise1

Today's Screen Daily reports:
Best actor at Beijing’s Tiantan Awards went to Guillaume Gouix for French director Sylvain Chomet’s Attila Marcel, which also won best music. Korean director Lee Joon-ik’s Hope won best supporting actress for the performance of child actor Lee Re. Alan Rickman won best supporting actor for his role in Patrice Leconte’s A Promise.

Congrats to Alan!  Like a Star @ heaven  cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty got it!

Post  Greatheart Sun May 11, 2014 6:30 am

Ya know, I've been wondering for a long time, who does Alan Rickman remind me of? And somebody mentioned Benedict Cumberbatch, which got me thinking about Sherlock Holmes and aha! Basil Rathbone.

Not for looks, but the ability to play so many diverse characters, the effortless sneer, the withering stare. For good or evil.

(Not too many actors can or will play both good and bad guys. A few make it look easy.)

My favorite Rickman role/line - where he's talking to the winery owner in 'Bottle Shock' -

"Why don't I like you?"

"You think I'm an a$$hole. I'm not, really; it's just that I'm British and, well, you're not."

Tell me that doesn't sum up Anglo-American relations in one. ;-)

Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun May 11, 2014 8:46 am

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 Dejavu

Greatheart...  Very Happy  In agreement... here's a dual pic I posted back on the old HPANA site to go with my comments back there in the olden days. (Oh, and of course, I am a Rathbone fan as well!) With Benedict Cumberpatch, I think the resemblance is in the voice, not in the looks. BC vocally is very similar to Alan.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Sun May 11, 2014 7:52 pm

""BC vocally is very similar to Alan.""

Hmm, imagine if they'd gotten Rickman to voice Smaug.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Have any of you seen CBGB yet? It is on television and I watched it mostly just to see Alan and how he would portray Hilly Crystal and partly to see Rupert in a role totally different in every way from Ron. I think they did very well with their roles but I really do think that the language and some of the less than stellar moments of the activities that went on at the time could have been left out. I would make sure there are no children present when you watch it, as it could have been given a rating of MA instead R very easily.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty video clip

Post  Greatheart Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:52 pm

A short interview clip of Rickman talking about his role on Galaxy Quest. My favorite comedy ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okGtzjaEgKk
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum