Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies You've Seen

+7
samtibbs123
rainsom
EAGLESKYFIRE
ladyhawke
muggleborn
Always
Crookshanks
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Movies You've Seen - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies You've Seen

Post  Admin Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:18 am

Haven't watched anything really impressive lately, mostly just made for TV movies on the Hallmark Channel.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Seen - Page 3 Empty Last Samurai

Post  Greatheart Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:12 pm

Just finished re-watching 'The Last Samurai'. Tom Cruise as a post-Custer/Little Bighorn US soldier who travels to Japan to train the Emperor's modern army. He is captured by samurai who resist modernization and learns their ways and values.

Excellent cast, including Timothy 'Wormtail' Spall. Possibly Cruise's best work ever.

Warning, graphic battle scenes.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:31 am

I've been a Cruise fan since I first watched Risky Business. Enjoyed The Last Samurai and do have to agree it's one of his best roles. There are times when I wonder why one earth did he choose to do this movie but others when it just clicks. Didn't care for Oblivion but I think that was more the story line than his role.

Haven't been watching much lately not enough hours in the day.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:06 am

Haven't seen 'Oblivion', worth a watch? Liked him in 'Minority Report', gotta dust that one off, it's on he shelf somewhere. (moving shakes things up!)

Just started on 'Eastern Promises' with Viggo Mortensen.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:15 am

Hobbit 2 - Desolation of Smaug was beyond my expectations. They did a great job on the elves, the spiders, Beorn, Laketown, and especially the dragon. Benedict Cumberbatch did some amazing work, not just voice but also doing motion capture to bring Smaug to life

spoilers here if you haven't seen the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_kD0AgGlf0
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Greatheart I usually enjoy Tom's movies but Oblivion wasn't for me due to the story itself. Not my genre, Mom liked it though.
Never heard of Eastern Promises will have to look it up later.

Haven't watched anything new lately.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:47 pm

'Eastern Promises' is a very brutal film. Russian mafia, prostitution, murder, etc. Not a 'fun' movie but intense.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:18 am

Sounds like it's not for me, I have a hard time with serious violence and usually can't watch shows with it.

Watched a movie called Home Run with my niece it was a nice movie with a good message.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Seen - Page 3 Empty "Gone Girl" ??

Post  Greatheart Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:42 am

Has anybody seen "Gone Girl" ? I never read the book, but reviews lead me to believe that the movie is pretty good.

Great cast, including some people I haven't seen in too long - Patrick Fugit ("Almost Famous") and Missy Pyle ("Galaxy Quest").

Still waiting for Hobbit 3, patiently. (yeah, right, I've watched the trailer 10 times!)
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:45 am

And does anyone else remember "Almost Famous" ? Loved that movie, saw it when it first came out and nearly fell out of my seat laughing. The serious parts were pretty good too! Great cast and script.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Greatheart I've not seen or read the book. Doesn't look like my kind of thing, sorry. Don't remember ever seeing Almost Famous either. Guess I'm not much help today. Shocked

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Seen - Page 3 Empty Page Eight

Post  Greatheart Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:07 am

Currently watching Page Eight, British thriller with some ex-HP stars - Bill Nighy (Minister Scrymgeour) Michael Gambon and Ralph Fiennes. Plus several other excellent actors & actresses.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3