Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What type of shows do you like to watch?

+7
Karentia
Lady
Admin
Ezzy
missypotter
EAGLESKYFIRE
ladyhawke
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What type of shows do you like to watch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What type of shows do you like to watch?

Post  Admin Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Didn't see it. I currently watch NBC's program Who Do You Think You Are on Friday's. I'm sure Jason does an excellent job with this new role though. Maybe he could use a Lucius inspired look in one episode?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What type of shows do you like to watch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What type of shows do you like to watch?

Post  Maxecat Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:58 pm

OH I like Who do you think you are,too! Being adopted, following anyone with a traceble past is wonderful. Some of the back stories are more interesting than the celebrities being studied.

I'd like to subscribe to Ancestry.com but it's more expensive than I can justify at the moment...but both Larry and I would like to research old records.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Maxie would love to help get you started on your ancestry search if you like just email some basics and I'll see what I can do to help if you like. As for finding info on your birth family still waiting on NY to wise up and let people look at their records. The only option at the moment is for you to petition the court with medical need as a reason for the request.

Oh and Bones is scheduled to return April 5th for those who are "patiently" waiting.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Can't wait for Bones,again, but we like its replacement,The Finder. Larry would love to own a bar like the Ends of the Earth (except for bugs and aligators)

I know the NY courts are still closed tight and I can't think of a medical reason legitimate enough for a petition. I have my original name and the knowledge an uncle attended Yale.My birth parents would be quite elderly,my mother in her mid 80s and my father late 90s.. I can't see a reunion in the works...not really wanted or needed...I'd just like some cultural background. I might submit some DNA to the National Geographic Society.. they do neat stuff in genetic tracing.

If you like,I'll send you the only info I have.Of course it'd be fine to trace the family who raised me.They were my family when all was said and done.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:55 pm

I still have the info you sent me on your birth family if you want help finding some more about your adoptive family you can send it to my email. Same for Larry if he wants. Genealogy is an obsession. What a Face

I know how he feels that is a cool bar and Walter is hilarious. My Dad even likes the show which is saying something because he's not much for series tv more into sports old movies/westerns.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EAGLESKYFIRE Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:26 am

Currently my husband & I are watching the "Walking Dead". This second season is a little disappointing. We hope that the writers will get back to interesting stories & subplots vs. the "bug hunt" full of gore we see now.
As for me I'm still into the Amazing Race. Wish I could compete!
EAGLESKYFIRE
EAGLESKYFIRE
Admin
Admin

http://www.eagleskyfire.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:32 am

They film that here in Georgia. Everytime filming starts there are announcements on the news that zombies are going to be located at location of the day to use alternative travel routes whenever possible.

My current fave is still Bones (new this coming Monday).

Don't shoot but I really don't care for reality television, especially since much of it isn't real in my opinion.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:43 am

Has anyone else seen the Starz series The White Queen? Mom and I found it on demand over the weekend and watched the first three episodes. It's not bad (no children in the room though it's MA rating is well deserved) and was a welcome change from repeats.
It's based on books written by Philippa Gregory about the Plantagenet period before the Tudors.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:19 am

Yes, I've been watching it from the first..Larry,too, but I think for different reasons than history Laughing 
The people are very pretty to watch.
I've read both the White Queen and the Red Queen...the Red is about Margaret Beaufort and her attempts to bring her son Henry Tudor to the throne.
They are interesting views of the same subject matter.

The Plantagenets  provided a lot of source material for great dramas. They were a complicated bunch.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Yes they seem to be very complex indeed. I'm biding my time til I can read them. Hoping for a chance of a day at the library soon.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Laughing  I would send you my copies but they're on my Kindle....one down side to e readers.
The Plantagents and Tudors are my favorite history subjects but,man,oh man..they are complicated.Doesn't help they use the same first names so often and add & drop surnames to go along with titles or castle residences...family names among the nobles disappear with titles!

Alison Weir is a favorite historical write too,but she doesn't use novel form to present her research. It's pretty straight forward history written down...but so interesting.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:47 pm

I've read some of Weir's work it's definitely not for those who don't enjoy research and history. I love both so I enjoyed it. I've always had a special affinity for the Tudors especially Henry VIII and Elizabeth I making the connection to the Plantagents was interesting.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Certainly makes modern politics (and politicians) seem tame by comparison! All we have is character assassination.Very Happy
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Yes the politicians of today are certainly a less intense in their actions. Though I'm not sure that's a bad thing in come areas, I certainly do appreciate that they aren't running around the country killing and everyone who stands in their path to greatness. I do think that there is still a fair amount of mistress hiding going on even if it is a little harder to hide them these days. I really enjoy the period costumes there are some that very beautiful and the settings are lovely in some places. Not sure I would want to brave those corridors in winter time, brrr.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:04 am

Or the summers either Weesa, cause then all the buggies would be around fleas chiggers, lice mosquitoes etc, no windows on most of the castles, baths once a year unless you fell in the river, raw sewage just outside your door in a floating cess pool they call a moat, streets filled with dogs garbage and more raw sewage, no wonder the plague and such had so much fun in the cities. If I had lived then I would have wanted to be a wood cutter or such better living conditions or at least fresh air to breathe, The Royality looks great but considering it probably took the better part of a year to make one of those gowns I don't suppose they had closets full of them, I'm sure they wore them till they smelled so bad they had to throw them away and get new ones, of course they had scores of women making new undergarments and such so they probably got a new something ever week or so!

can't wait for Bones and NCIS to start whoo hoo!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:58 am

Yeah. I think most of our visions about any glamour involved in the past comes from art and costume designers' fantasies.  Just the lack of personal hygiene is a downer for me...and then there are the other delights you mentioned.

but the history is still fascinating.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:14 am

I've read enough fairly accurate historical info to know I wouldn't want to be surrounded by all that. I just don't see it. The shows do tend to be a little inaccurate in some aspects of clothing changes but they do a wonderful job at reproducing the look of the time.

Counting down to see Bones myself, the end of last season was just to much. Couldn't believe they had Brennan propose after all this and Booth has to turn around say no because of that Pelant character. Evil or Very Mad 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:58 pm

I think they're trying to keep the tension alive,not seeming to realize viewers don't need tension between beloved characters to keep caring about them...a long time problem with soaps...breaking up couples because getting them back together was more drama filled. If long time viewers don't respond like before,it's more likely to do with the storylines than seeing their Bones and Booth settling into a comfortable relationship.

Pelant is  such a totally loathsome character. I liked Howard Epps better (and his demise) Pelant is so.... evil. Wish Max would put an end to him.  Booth and Brennan still try to protect each other with secrecy....that's drama enough!

I wish they'd bring Zack back for guest appearances and eventually establish his innocence in the Gormagon killings.

Most of the Middle Ages were pretty grubby....not so pleasant to see onscreen.Very Happy   One of my favorite costuming treats were the velvets and sequins (or other such sparkles) on Robin Hood and his merry men in the Errol Flynn movie ...cracks me up every time how folks living in poverty in the woods are so elegant.

I better get into my Cracker Barrel 'costume' and get off to work. That's how I get through the shift. I pretend it's a theatrical role and my bubbly personality is how I portray my character.

somehow it makes the time go faster if I pretend customers are part of an audience.

weird,huh?
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:23 pm

""I better get into my Cracker Barrel 'costume' and get off to work. That's how I get through the shift. I pretend it's a theatrical role and my bubbly personality is how I portray my character.

somehow it makes the time go faster if I pretend customers are part of an audience.

weird,huh?""

Not weird at all, wish my job allowed me that sort of 'play' ;-)/2
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Is anyone planning to watch the new 'Sleepy Hollow' show? Looks like a good starter, don't now how it will hold up.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 am

Not weird at all, wish I had thought of that in some of my past jobs. I agree the tension is not necessary to keep me watching. I actually stopped watching daytime soaps because I got tired of all the idiotic break up and get back together business. I mean really how many times do Nikki and Victor need to get married before it finally sticks?Rolling Eyes 

Not planning on watching Sleepy Hollow I did watch a preview of it and it just doesn't appear to be my taste. I think Mom is going to see if she likes it though.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:30 pm

I might give it a try. My initial impression is it seems a bit contrived but if it's well written I'll probably get sucked in. I don't watch a lot of network tv...will it be a network show?

Good to see you Greatheart. What have you been up to?

yeah,I gave up on a decades of soaps (sorry,Nana) because every time a storyline stalled something fantastical would get shoved in. Even with fantasy soaps I like a little realism.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Anyone been watching The Witches of East End on Lifetime? Thought I would check out the first episode and it's actually not bad.
It gives me something to watch after Drop Dead Diva which I think has reached the point where they can safely get Jane and Grayson together then end it. Other than that Bones is still my main show and I am very happy with how that is going at the moment.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:36 am

I watched it...I think it could be a fun show. It has lots of possible directions to take.

I've been watching Bones,of course. Hope to see Zack at the wedding..In fact I wish they'd bring Zack back, prove his innocence and get him back to the lab.

I like this year's American Horror Story. Last year not so much but a witches school in New Orleans?  My husband and I watch it on taped delay.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Anyone else been watching Scorpion or Forever? They are both in their first seasons and so far I really enjoy them. Of course Bones is still my fave. Waiting on some shows to comeback after the first of the year like Outlander.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum