Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karentia's Corner

+3
Maxecat
missypotter
ladyhawke
7 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Karentia's Corner - Page 5 Empty Re: Karentia's Corner

Post  Maxecat Sun May 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Oh my! Shorter than I and louder???? She must have a very large personality indeed. Such forces of nature need to be responsible enough to respect the views of others and share the spotlight.

I think you could use some of the dancing ladies collage images to make tags for your costume vendorship...they don't have to be elaborate but it could be cute to encorporate the whole dance vibe as an unofficial logo.

I have extras for you....
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun May 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Oooooo, you just gave me an idea! There are scrap pages I didn't send your way - have gypsies & belly dancers circa Mata Hari! Could. Use those to scan & color copy! Just have to create the rest...

Would be fun to use some of my gals, but we are not nearly as photogenic as these earlier ladies.

Always love to have owls arriving! Let me know when he's in flight!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun May 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Can't decide whether to send the paper stuff alone or wait and start sending some of the finished decorations for the tree. I probably should get the masks and pillow ornaments out...after the holiday I'll get a box together...now to find the right size box.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun May 27, 2012 5:09 pm

No rush - I can wait for tree stuff! Have enough clutter to keep organized. Can hardly wait to get this yard sale over with. Pile keeps getting bigger!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Just got this in an email from Karentia.

Here he is! Still have a wee bit of cleanup - earasing pencil marks & such. Pretty spiffy if I do say so myself! He's about 3 feet tall.
Hugs!

Karentia's Corner - Page 5 Genie

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue May 29, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm very happy with him! Who knows - perhaps a fan of the movie will offer to buy him! I would split it with the Relay, of course! If I have time, I'll clean up the wobble I see on his shoulder too.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 30, 2012 9:01 am

That is a thought a fan would love him I'm sure. Wobble? Suspect Don't see it I think he looks perfect.

Last edited by Weesa on Wed May 30, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed May 30, 2012 11:08 am

Weesa, thank you! I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to my art, if I think I see a wobble because from this view, now all I will see when I look at the painting is that part I don't like. No one else may ever notice it, but I know it's there! It will stay.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Ok Maxie - newest & updated list for future trees with likely years. Could still be subject to change - except the next one - that is set.

* 2012 Wild at Heart - animal print & woman empowerment
* 2013 Under the Sea - mermaid theme, cool bottles, shells
* 2014 Carnival/Venice - peacock feathers, masks
* 2015 Avatar - James Cameron version
* 2016 Thank my lucky stars! - stars of all kinds
* 2017 Victorian?

I would like to stick with this list! I have started a little of each except the stars, since we just added that one.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Oh, and Weesa, I will send you pics of the pieces Maxie has crafted so far for the Wild at Heart tree, when I take the pictures! They are in the box, patiently waiting!

I have another Relay group asking to use my posters - maybe sell them up there. But not wanting to buy them. Am I being selfish to not want them to just be given away?
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:55 am

Will post the pics when I get them no hurry. And no it isn't selfish at all, you put a lot of work into the posters.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:01 am

Thank you, Weesa. I really don't even want to loan them out now. My art has a history of being damaged, painted over, or just destroyed. I know if these go tto the Relay they will come back with irrepareable damage. I'll send her back my apologies, but that I will be keeping them.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Karentia's Corner - Page 5 Th_bigK

Karentia's sparkly special K
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Glad I checked in! Still have to take the items out of the box, Maxie! I want to have one day where i line everything up for the Wild tree & documant what I have - versus what I have to use for putting together a few things (few, cough cough).

I love this craft! It is a fun combination of a few different styles I've learned! I can see making more as I find more goodies to craft with!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:29 am

Karentia's Corner - Page 5 Rsvpinkpen
Karentia's RSVP ink pen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Woohoo! I'm in!

My friend Suzanne had her RSVP pen filled with colored microbeads, so I came home & bought some, then filled one up with my mix of clear & silver microbeads! It is the best way to keep my pen now - they walk off so fast. you can't fill it all the way, unless you fill the back little cap thingy too, so there is a little movement in mine. Fun!

Thanks Weesa!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:16 pm

I've sent a bunch of emails to Weesa of the pictures I took yesterday. Had a great creative couple of days - bought some new additions for creating some ornaments to mix in with what I had, and organized a wee bit more. Do need to go through loads of things, including some bins in storage out back, to get everything all together. I have some floral I bought for this one, and thought I had it in the garage - nope, out back... was toooooo hot to think of walking into that little sauna.

Oh, wow! I could sort of turn that into a sauna! Except all my stuff in there... already gets mighty warm I'm sure, but not in the winter.

The style I'm working in is basically layer as much as you can - starting with decopaging tissue paper onto your base. (mostly this is what Maxie has taught me, plus a few additions) Then choosing pictures, bits of special papers, words, and such, decopage (paint with glue the surface of the ornament, then the paper you are applying, then over the paper onto the ornament) this ont your piece. When this has dried, you can add paper flowers, jewels, strips of sticky tape & micro beads, or layer papers with double stick foam tape chunks, or glue dots of various sizes! I save the micro beading for last. Oh, and possible trims & ribbons for the hangers & edges.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:16 am

Latest batch of pics from Karentia. Will let her do the explanations.
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121607
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121451
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121452
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121554
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121513
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121500
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121500a
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121442
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121301
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121229
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0817121258

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Quite a collection! Love those dazzles..can be useful in so many ways.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Cool! Nice to have it all in one!

1. is a sign, a zebra striped thong/bottle opener, 2 sets of sarcastic coasters, and 2 door hangers, and a little dragonfly embellishment!
2. Ribbons from Maxie in the ziplock bag, a dress form to be further decopaged & adorned (has bronze tissue on it now), small spools of fun fibers to make tassles or ties from, paper flowers, blank ornaments, and gems & jewels!
3. Bag of tissue papers for decopage, the buttons from Maxie to match the ribbons, the leopard wrapping paper for the base of the tree (that the trees stand on), and some beads from Suzanne.
4. rolls of mesh, 1 gold, 2 black in the wide, one 9" roll of black, and 2 -3 smaller mesh rolls in orange & reddish bronze - the small black & small others will go in the mini tree.
5. & was a 6. the bags with animals & African theme prints, with tissue paper, there are some with elephants, giraffe, and the zebra, in all sizes - mini through wine bottle holders.
7. & 8. are sheets of fine stickers to use in many ways all over the place! These will be lasting through many trees & projects.
9. Zebra gift card, Tipsy wine bottle bag, 4 black & gold boot ornaments, 2 sizes fancy shoe napkin sets, cool journal for pocket size, and a book gifted by one of the local jewlers.
10. & 12. 3 ornaments in progress, loads of paper scrap, brads & jewels, paper flowers, mini animals for another ornament (make a room diaorama ornament), fun toys! And 12 has a few of the stamped tags I started, I have some made up that will be singles, and a couple will be cut down to three tags.
11. all the ribbons for use on the tree! Some will be combined into a group of 3-4 to wind through the tree, punching in in spots, and fanning them out in other spots, and the smaller ones for use on the ornaments.

In other words, I have some fun creating to get on with! Maxie, wish you could be here! And no, still didn't take the additional pictures - was too dark by the time I got home & grabbed dinner. Not sure if I will pick berries tonight or not, so if I am home earlier, pictures will be taken! And I love using my table for the photos - makes a nice background contrast for all the items!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 am

Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0821121301
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0821121257
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0821121251
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0821121244
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0821121116
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0821121022
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0821121021a
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0821121021
Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0821121021b

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Just beautiful decorations! Great work maxecat!
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Maxie did the balls, the fluffy hearts, the lovely lap quilt, and the masks! The hanging ornament I've been working on & just finished day before. The closeups below are of the hanging ornament before I put the trim on the edge, and a last addition of a crocheted flower & gem. Had fun throwing together the stuff for the tassel too. Really coming together when you get it all out there!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Karentia's Corner - Page 5 0903120932

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:51 am

Thank you, Weesa!

This is the cabinet I picked up with a bunch of stuff donated to my next Relay yard sale - put my cash in the pot tonight! It is perfect for keeping all the little stuff handy! Love it! It was never hung on a wall, nor were the doors or hinges ever put together. It was dirty, like maybe had been on the back porch, sitting around, waiting to be useful. Coat of orange oil & the oak is fresh & clean!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum