Relaxation Room

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Relaxation Room

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Think I need to curl up here for a few days. Seem to have pulled a muscle or something, not sure but it's very painful and comes with nasuea. If not any better in the morning I'm going to have to into the doctor.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Oh, dear, sending calming, healing thoughts your way Weesa. Not fun.

I'll be taking a hot stone massage please Pauolo, then hot tub time, and finally into a hammock on the beach at Maui. 45 minutes with the new whacker knocked me flat. Have to rebuild my staamina!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Thanks for the healing charms. Seems it wasn't a pulled muscle afterall. Pain worsened, no moving, couldn't eat anything, headache. Ended up in the emergency room last Tuesday as the pain got so bad. Called my regular doctor but she was out of office so they said go to the hospital. Got some tests there and they sent me home with a Rx for pain med and instructions to visit both my gyno and regular doctor. My liver enzymes and white cell count were off they said. Went to gyno he's order an ultrasound for this Wed to double check that no problems there. Seems to think it's not in that area but is good about being sure. Got home from his office and emergency room nurse called to say they got complete results of labwork back and I have some sort of minor infection but she couldn't tell me what kind. They called in an antibiotic it's helped some but still having twinges and can't eat (or smell) some things yet without being queasy. Will get results of ultrasound next week. Will then get an appt. with regular doctor after to check on the enzymes and cells. Still easily tired. Think I will curl up and relax for a bit. The kids will be home from the first day of school with tons of paperwork and things for me to go through.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 pm

OH,Weesa,I am so sorry. Whatever it is,it sounds awful..and you've been so busy...maybe you let yourself get run down and a little "bug" hit you with the power of a big one.
Rest,rest..let the anitbiotics fight back and feel better soon.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:55 pm

Problem is I was taking Humira and it supresses your immune system. Not taking it any more have to see my dermy to come up with a new plan once I feel better. The side effects of the Humira were just becoming to much. Seems I should have stopped sooner. Suspect

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:50 pm

ah,yes, I remember....there's that little glitch about the psoriasis meds..supressing the immune system.. Larry's never been on it...only Methatrexate(sp) and he doesn't even take that now. Hope there's another treatment you can try that's not so tough on the rest of the body.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:24 pm

I think I am going to mentally hang out here today reading in a hammock. In my room the temperature is perfect for me and there is water, green trees and beautiful flowers all around.

I think I will read Deathly Hallows today.

I will be sipping butter beer all afternoon and eating chocolate.

missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks for the well wishes. The antibiotic seems to be helping. Had my ultrasound yesterday and will get the results next week. I'm hoping the mysterious infection is the only problem and that its gone now as today is the last for the antibiotic.

Think I'll relax here a bit before lunch, it's so peaceful.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:35 pm

I think missypotter has a great idea...even when it's hot,when you're by the water it seems more pleasant. Good thing for that nice water as I can see myself a chocolately mess..just like a little kid.

You know,Weesa,people who are dealing with autoimmune disorders are probably prone to weird responses and reactions. That weird rash I had in June? It didn't look like anything the dermatologist had ever seen and the pathologists couldn't find anything to report either. I have a cream for itching if it comes again but I left 2 doctors scratching their heads and several hundred dollars for an unsolved puzzle. scratch

Sometimes I'd rather not be so original.

I know you'd rather know what's bothering you but hopefully it's one of those benign mysteries.

I feel a nice nap coming on... Sleep
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 am

Yep autoimmune conditions cause weird things. I'm with you though it's one area where I wish I wasn't original either. Will just have to deal with it. I like that phrase benign mystery, just hope that's what it turns out to be.

Think I'll have rest here a bit before tackling some chores.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:23 pm

I think this day is calling for a long, relaxing soak in a soothingly warm tub. Need something to melt the aches away. Last night's nightmare resulted in my actually falling out of bed and hitting my forehead and nose on the floor, while crunching my right arm beneath me (the fall woke me up from what had been very deep sleep). Totally bizarre. Nothing is seriously damaged but everything aches. Ready to call it a day very soon....
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Ouch I hope you feel better. My nephew is always falling out of bed don't see how he isn't injured but, he seems ok just gets up and back into bed without evening waking it seems. He never remembers it either.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:33 am

It is just one of those days when I want to relax somewhere but right now it ain't happening around here--sigh! I am certain the kitchen will be in total chaos, as hubby is making an access panel under the sink and then he and my son are tackling the dishwasher that decided to go on the fritz as well if it isn't one thing it's another sigh! I want something to nibble one and a warm soothing cup of tea, and yes you will find me soaking maybe I will get a rub down later but now the soak sounds perfect!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 am

Here's to a relaxing day for everyone...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Relaxing in a hot tub with the jets sounds like heaven to me. Think I'll have a massage after and then just pour me into my fave squishy chair at The Hogsmeade please.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:16 am

Lovely bathroom d├ęcor Always. Are those bath crystals?
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:09 am

Yes, they were. (Found the photo on a spa site and liked the green for St. Patrick's Day.) Very pretty! Here are some pink ones for today... Of course, at THIS spa, the bath crystals have magical charms on them for longer lasting relaxation, soothing and healing!
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Wonderful view, and better hot tub! I still tend to visualize my fist hot tub place when I come here - all cedar & cozy, warm & the hotest water. No jets, just ability to float for hours. Mmmmm.

Yes Pauolo, I will take a massage after, have some mango lemonade chilled for me please? Like the bath salts, and have been enjoying using plain old epsom salts lately. Really helps the skin & soaking the aches away. Might even add the arnica too.

Will sleep in the spare massage room tonight - extra pillows, blankets & water at hand. If I need, I can do round 2 in the hot tub later.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Think I will just hang out here for a week or so until I heal the rest of the way.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Professor Flitwick has placed a healing charm on the bubbles, while Madame Pomfrey has added some special rejuvenating potions to the water... There's plenty for everyone to enjoy! I think I will slide right in and soak....
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:32 am

Thanks to Always, Professor Flitwick, and Madame Pomfrey for such a delightful and healing hot tub. MMD has her turn in the colorful bubbles.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:07 am

Nice - room for everyone! And able to chat without the noise of the jets - awesome job. I'll have a part of me living here for the rest of the week too. Thank you Always!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:53 am

Oh bubbles! yep I'm in! Wake me when I need to move, oh that's right they are magical I can just soak all day no wrinkles or chance of slipping under, perfect! Ahhhhhhhh! Thanks everyone!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Looks terrific. Nicely done Always.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down