Relaxation Room

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Relaxation Room

Post  Weesa on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:22 am

Oh don't get me wrong the work is greatly appreciated, especially by me. When the home was purchased I was able to walk with a cane so the bedroom that was mine was functional for me. However as I became wheelchair bound the room became to small to navigate and the door was
an issue. So now there is a wall splitting what was labeled as a game room into two rooms a sewing room for Mom that doubles as a video game/tv area and a nice roomy bedroom for me that has a wide doorway and allows for the furniture I need/want while still giving me room to get around and use my elevated leg rests. The bedroom I had before is set up for when my brother comes to spend time with his children and gives him a storage place for his stuff, namely a queen size bed that can't be hauled around with him, he does have to share the room with the cat though when he's here as that is where her litter is and she won't let us move it anywhere else cat .

I think a soak in the hot jetted tub will help today then I believe a nice nap will be good for the bones.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

http://weesa-asiseeit.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:06 am

Ah, I get it Weesa! Very cool! Funny, spend too much time on facebook, was looking for the 'like' button!

Would love a kineseology visit with my chiro today, so I will take a hot stone massage in anticipation.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:53 am

Laughing Laughing I know! Sometimes I want to agree with a comment without making too big a post of it and oops no "like" button.

even without having to accomodate lifestyle changes,there's always something to repair,replace or refurbish in a house..nice your Mom really enjoys getting in there a doing it,Weesa. My parents worked on at least one room every year but there were always squabbles,so DIY means strife and discomfort for me.

I'd rather be digging in the garden.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:17 am

Found this on a free smilies page! Or the text code is (Y) . Don't know how to add it to this page's emoticons (probably takes a moderator). I also have an animated thumbs up if wanted!
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:44 am

:(Y): Had to try it! Not working. Oh well.

Ok so I'm not the only one! Laughing

Could be fun to have a mobile thumb emoticon!

Get to chiro on Friday. Glad I still have excedrin left.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Always thanks for the thumbs up will add the animated one to the emoticon list. For some reason the host has it fixed so that only the ones I input into the list will work no matter how many times you type in a code.

Mom likes doing things around the house. I call her a Jill of all trades. Funny that it causes strife for some. I told my brothers that watching Mom try to get all this done with Dad's input could be the comedy of the year if filmed. They are so funny at times I'm not sure how they ever figure anything out so that it comes out proper. My niece says we should write a book that translates each of their languages for the other. Oddly enough they often mean the same thing even though they don't say it the same. Rolling Eyes
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:22 pm

My parents were only able to paint together...anything else promoted screaming matches.

Dad tried but his strength was accounting and yard work...one Thanksgiving,in order to help Mom with a slow draining sink,he took the works apart. The after feast dishes were washed upstairs in the bathtub. We thought it was funny. Mom didn't.

Now, his dad had less education but could take fix anything. Even in his late seventies he was building and fixing stuff around the house. He learned a lot of mechanical things working for the rail road. Came in handy when he lived with us!
He could preserve food and I bet he could run a close second to Karentia in 'best damn jams'.

I wish I had paid more attention when he was working on plumbing. Smile
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Gonna be sore in the morning.

Pauolo, massage in room 3 please, then set up the hot tub for me to sleep over in it. A hot bath is helping, but will only do so much since it cools so fast & drains down... at least I have himalayan bath salts from a coworker to soak in. Feels good.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:36 pm

To much grocery shopping, wore me out. Just going to curl up in one of the big squishy beds and sleep here tonight. cloud9
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:14 am

Ah, even better! Hot stone massage for all. Best massage ever!

Thank you Pauolo. I'll sleep better now.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:56 pm

I probably need to crawl over to the Aromatherapy room for a nice eucalyptus steam bath but I'll settle first for a soak in the hot tub and a nice rub down. I feel like I'm still being beaten up by viruses,the nasty things but at least my temperature is close to normal.

The outside sunshine was a gift! Made me feel better simply lying on a chair and breathing deeply. Happy I could breathe deeply Laughing

Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Sending you a hot stone massage Maxie - you could use the free endorphin rush I think.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:08 pm

Yes, that would definitely do the trick.

In the muggle world I sat outside for a little while,said my prayers and read a few chapters. The cats were chattering at low flying birds and chasing each other under my chaise.

a good day.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:20 pm

A long soak in the hot tub is the perfect remedy.
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:27 am

Oh wow,just looking at that bubbling water does the trick.You can feel tight muscles loosening up...I love a good hot tub. the spa at my gym hasn't been anything more than a bath tub for years...the owner won't pay for the installation of a new pump,so the jets don't do anything but push water around (and it's not cleaned very often,yuck)

No, it's not safe or tempting enough for me to use,so when I come across a perfect spa,I'm ready!
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:50 pm

That is a wonderful hot tub, Always! I would love to use that one as often as possible. Although it does almost have the look or feel of a cauldron... meh. As long as it's hot enough!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm

A long soak would feel pretty good this evening. I'm feeling tired and achy and all those bubbles look very appealing...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:02 pm

We had a front blow through that brought no rain but one of those weather based achy heads. A long soak should improve things.

What is it about bubbles? They appeal to young and old...they reflect light with rainbows..when they break they make no noice and are soft to the touch.They float. They make me laugh.

Add some candles,a little music,stars...what aches?
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:34 pm

I'm with you there Maxie!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 am

Where's that "like" button?
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 am

Still trying to tweak the coding for that one Maxecat. In the mean time there's the thumbs up button.

Think I'll relax here a bit before heading off to bed.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:29 am

thumbs up drunken there, a woozy kinda like!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sat May 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Oh, where oh where is the clone button? I need a clone to get through the next couple of weeks. But I know I will get as much as possible done, and that is all. For now just the thought of an accupuncture treatment, followed by floating in a hot tub for an hour, and then hanging in a hammock on the beaches of Maui... Ah, helped my neck crack with just the thought of it!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady on Sat May 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Karentia, you are reading my mind. I'll join you. A lot of things before me in next fourteen days. But a hot bath in quiet bathroom will be perfect, aahhhhh.
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Sat May 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Hello ladies, I think I will join you in a hot tub visit followed by a warm hammock on the beach.

I would like a massage first though...just enough to get relaxed.
missypotter
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum