Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter Movie Series

+6
samtibbs123
Maxecat
missypotter
Poca
Crookshanks
ladyhawke
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Harry Potter Movie Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter Movie Series

Post  Admin Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:11 pm

I agree Samtibbs the characters were brilliantly cast and I can't imagine any else filling the roles. I always did like Neville and thought that he could have been shown a bit more in the movies as well as Fred and George.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Been a while. Anyway...

I hadn't visited the world of HP in a while, and put on the first movie recently. Watching the end scene, where DD awards Neville Longbottom ten points, brings back a whole -rush- of associations.

In a way it's a shame that so much was left out of the movies. Necessary, because of the nature of the medium, but, I can't help feel sorry for those who have never read the books as well as watched the film versions. The scene where we meet Neville's parents is tragic and so (bleep) cathartic, it should be required reading. If they had filmed it, people would have been bawling in the theaters.

I've always had a fondness for Neville, he's the HP equivalent of Sam Gamgee in LotR, more so than Ron. Plain, but steadfast and not to be under-estimated.
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:33 am

Neville is one of my faves too. I always wished they could put more of him in the films. The twins also had several moments in the books that would have been nice to see on screen. To bad there wasn't time to keep everything in.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HpRwHgfan Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Wow, I never thought I'd be able to find any of my buddies from HPANA but it looks like I found some! Hey, guys! Not sure anybody remembers me but I was HpRwHgfan (just like I am here).

HpRwHgfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Yep, HpRwHgfan, we're here!  cheers 
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:18 pm

HpRwHgfan Welcome to the site there are many people here from HPANA feel free to join in any thread that interests you.

I really do need to find time for a Potter marathon accompanied by a re-read of the books, it's been a while.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter Movie Series - Page 2 Empty Wormtail vs Khan?

Post  Greatheart Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:33 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29877721

"Benedict Cumberbatch and Timothy Spall will go head-to-head at the British Independent Film Awards after both were nominated for the best actor prize."

We all know Spall as Peter 'Wormtail' Pettigrew in the HP films, while Cumberbatch is well known as Sherlock Holmes, and also for playing Khan in the most recent Star Trek movie.

Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:26 am

I saw an article listing this years 25 Days of Christmas line up on ABC Family and either I missed them completely or there are no Harry Potter movies in it this year. Will be very disappointed if this is the case. Sad

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter Movie Series - Page 2 Empty DVD's ??

Post  Greatheart Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:21 pm

I prefer movies on dvd to network, I hate-hate-hate commercials! Lately been starting to collect blu-rays, video quality is amazing.

Don't have any of the HP series on blu-ray, yet, but I couldn't find my copy of 'Chamber of Secrets' last time I watched some HP, so...

Losing stuff can be a great excuse, hey? ;-)
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter Movie Series - Page 2 Empty College Quidditch

Post  Greatheart Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:24 am

Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Losing stuff is an excellent excuse Very Happy Thanks for the link it was interesting.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Very sad to hear, especially at this time of year.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2