Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter Series

+8
missypotter
Admin
SiriuslySirius
Maxecat
Karentia
Lady
Crookshanks
ladyhawke
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Harry Potter Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Potter Series

Post  Admin Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:23 pm

There is a place to click that allows you to give your friends nicknames. I use HPANA names for everyone so I know who is who. I am not good at spells or potions (remedial potions, please tongue )
But I love collecting the objects and reading the extras. Haven't had time yet to go through all the chapters to hear the sounds. Will get back to you on objects I have them all but can't remember how many it is. I also think there is supposed to be interaction added but that they mainly wanted to get feedback on everything else before people got to chatting and forgot to send comments in. Not sure how the interaction will be set up though.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SiriuslySirius Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Was anyone else in this forum on HPANA? I'm just wondering .. Smile
SiriuslySirius
SiriuslySirius

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Laughing Yes,SiriuslySirius. With the exception of those brought in by Eagle Skyfire and her metaphysical classes almost all of us came from HPANA.

Welcome to our group.We're trying to keep old friendships strong and make new ones.

Harry isn't our only interest but a fond one.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Welcome, SiriuslySirius, from another HPANAer.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SiriuslySirius Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:58 am

Oh, I remember both of you!! I wonder if Louis Theres is on, I miss them .. I also miss the HPANA homepage, it made me feel happy .. haha Smile well, it's good that we still all have a way to catch up Smile
SiriuslySirius
SiriuslySirius

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:50 am

Welcome SiriuslySirius. I'm glad to see more HPANAers here. We all miss it but we have a nice new home here where I hope you are comfortable. Please feel free to spread the word to any others who may be searching for a way to keep in touch.

So has anyone got the ebooks from Pottermore yet? I'm thinking about it but it'll be a bit before I probably.
Maxecat this is what I have on my Pottermore profile page but I bought some of it in anticipation of future needs. Trunk=15 books, 11 chocolate frogs, 26 objects; Potions= 1 Potions book, 2 cauldrons(had 3 but exploded one), 402 ingredients; Spells= 21 spells, 3 spell books.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SiriuslySirius Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:19 am

Yes, I'm trying to get as comfortable here as I was on HPANA, it might take a while but I can see it happening Smile

I don't know about you guys but I probably won't be purchasing an Ebook, there's just something about the paperback bloomsbury editions, it's like, they have a certain "charm" to them, I don't think it would be the same reading them on my phone screen...
SiriuslySirius
SiriuslySirius

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 am

I can't imagine trying to read a book on a phone screen! But then,I only use my phone for making calls..my sons have given up on me,but really,I don't need a lot of extras for a phone...I hardly use it anyway and where I live has so many dead zones for wireless service sometime I have to stand in an open doorway to speak on the phone...not convenient in bad weather.

SiriuslySirus,I don't believe you were one of the Elders at HPANA,so,why don't you introduce yourself at the Hog's Head and let us get to know you better. Some of us have been trying to encourage Cheeser to restart HPANA but haven't heard from him in months. Sad
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:36 am

I don't really enjoy reading off a screen (too hard on my eyes) and have never bought any sort of reader (Kindle or whatever), so at least for now, I doubt I'll buy the HP ebooks. Who knows, though, that may change someday. Simply for convenience, they'd be cool. Lots lighter than hauling around "Goblet of Fire" to read at lunchtime at work. study
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SiriuslySirius Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:52 am

Maxecat: Not really an Elder, I had been going back as an "Anyonomous Guest" on HPANA for years, then in 2009 I made myself an account... and I was there pretty much all day, for the first time I spent more time on a website other than facebook... Yes, I think I will go to the Hogshead, I might see some more old friends from HPANA, which is always a nice feeling... my heart gives a little jump when I see a familiar avatar! Smile

I was also one of the people trying to give people hope on the HPANA facebook page, I was the one that actually wrote a handwritten letter to JK Rowling and told her that HPANA closed down and could she maybe pitch in and help us because we are her loyal fans. I haven't got a reply yet, which is understandable... Well, anyway, I don't have paypal so I didn't have any other way to help .. Smile

Always: I can imagine you on your lunch break, sitting down to read the goblet of fire... I've done it so many times, haha Smile If I had an Ebook, I could read it, I guess. I'm still a teen, so I still live with my parents... My dad is quite the Apple fan, so he's got an iPad and I also have iBooks on my phone... reading on Apple devices actually really hurts my eyes after a while, although if you want to read something and have it feel like a book, the Kindle would probably be a better option... A friend of mine recently bought one, and it actually looks exactly like a book. The screen isn't backlit, so it seems like paper, and it comes in a case that feels like a book... Although I will always prefer my bloomsbury paperbacks... how they have wrinkled covers that have been bent from me reading upside down as a child, worn out from me reading them so often even now, cried on, you know... If I did any of that on my phone or even a kindle, it would malfunction at the very least... Smile

SiriuslySirius
SiriuslySirius

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:50 pm

I have a Kindle I take with me on trips or appointments..very convenient but the battery does wear down and I find it hard to find favorite passages ...now,with a real paper book...like an old familiar friend who's not ashamed to tell me the same wonderful story again.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  SiriuslySirius Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Yes, my point exactly! I will keep my paperbacks forever and ever and ever.. I went through a stage when I was younger that I was reading them so often that my dad told me to gather them and put them in a box, and said he was going to put them in the garage. I paid my little sister 50$ to sweet talk him into taking them out, and it worked... thankfully .... I don't know what I would do without them, my shelf seems empty without my old friends ... Smile
SiriuslySirius
SiriuslySirius

Back to top Go down

Post  SiriuslySirius Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:50 am

GUYS! I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

If you go to www . way back machine .org And type in "H p a n a . com" (Obviously without the spaces) in the search box, then choose a date, you can go back to HPANA. You can't post stuff, but the site is EXACTLY the way it was... it made me so happy to see the homepage, and now I can read all the fanfictions I never got around to reading... Does anyone think we need a fanfiction page here as well? We should move some of them accross, I think ...
SiriuslySirius
SiriuslySirius

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:42 am

I do love my real books better than ebooks but have to admit my Nook makes things simpler when going out to the doctors office or traveling. I think having both versions eventually will be nice. I can read the real book but if necessary to go out still read it on the Nook.

As for Rhe Wayback Machine we know it's there but since everything at HPANA is the property of Cheeser(Jeff) we can not copy it. The fanfics there belong to their authors and can only be posted here if they decide to join and post them themselves.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SiriuslySirius Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:54 am

I know, with permission, I mean Smile

Apparantly JKR is working on a new book, I think it should be interesting to read something that's not Harry Potter related from her...
SiriuslySirius
SiriuslySirius

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:30 am

Random question...I am reading SS and wondered why the MOM didn't check into the magic that Hagrid did when picking up Harry.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:31 am

I've wondered about that too.... although perhaps they did but we just never heard about it! Laughing
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Yes, I suppose every detail can't be covered. Just wondering in light of it being such a big deal when Dobby does magic in COS. Also isn't house elf magic different from wizard magic, so the MOM should have known that in COS.
missypotter
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:33 am

I think when they brought Harry in after Dobby performed his magic, it was because they were just looking for something, (anything) to convict him on. Harry's relationship with Dumbledore and Voldy terrified Fudge and I think(personal opinion only) that Fudge thought everything would go back to normal if they could just take Harry's wand away and hide him in the muggle world, it showed up again when they had the inquisition over the dementors. Fudge was a very insecure man, but also very pompus hard to be both at the same time! Poor Harry was just caught in the middle!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter Series - Page 2 Empty A fun quiz

Post  Greatheart Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:11 am

This quiz gives you fifteen names, and you are asked if they are from the Harry Pottter books, real British names, or names from British humor -

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/quiz/2013/sep/18/hogwarts-uk-culture-quiz

I got all the HP names, the rest was guesswork and my score was 10 of 15. (There really is a divide between British and American English! Bangers and mash? Snogging? Can't remember how many times the HP books sent me to google!)

Good luck!

Last edited by Greatheart on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : kant spel)
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:31 am

SiriuslySirius wrote:GUYS! I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

If you go to www . way back machine .org And type in "H p a n a . com" (Obviously without the spaces) in the search box, then choose a date, you can go back to HPANA.  You can't post stuff, but the site is EXACTLY the way it was... it made me so happy to see the homepage, and now I can read all the fanfictions I never got around to reading... Does anyone think we need a fanfiction page here as well?  We should move some of them accross, I think ...
I've been trying to connect with my old fan-fic thread, but I keep getting the 'we don't have that' message. Will keep trying different dates. Thought I had 'em all saved but there's a Draco fic I'm missing. Was hoping to post it with the others in my one-shot shop Ver.2.

Anyway, awesome find! Thanks!!!!
Greatheart
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Greatheart sadly the links to fanfics at the Wayback Machine no longer take you to them. Sad since there were many good threads that would have been nice to go back through.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HpRwHgfan Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Hey, guys! Remember me? I was HpRwHgfan! And I thought it was fitting to select the same username for this website too. Anyways, can I just say Chamber of Secrets and Deathly Hallows are my favorite books? Chamber of Secrets i love because of Dobby. He is my favorite! And I love Deathly Hallows because Voldemort is finally defeated! Yay!

HpRwHgfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:14 pm

HpRwHgfan..... Welcome to our family! Glad you found us... mostly former HPANAers, though certainly not limited to that.
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2